Mrmrmrmr

Can't get over how much better each air session is for me now with the convection style screen setup I have. The flavor doesn't taper off as quickly and it never gets to that point it did before with the solo/first week air sessions. Have we decided on safe charging options for the air batts ? I need to pick up a battery or two as well. Hopefully they sell them on a us website now ,can anyone confirm ?

valence

Can't get over how much better each air session is for me now with the convection style screen setup I have. The flavor doesn't taper off as quickly and it never gets to that point it did before with the solo/first week air sessions. Have we decided on safe charging options for the air batts ? I need to pick up a battery or two as well. Hopefully they sell them on a us website now ,can anyone confirm ?

both are still up in the air but the arizer store is selling both batteries and their "official" charger. I bought two extra "stock" batteries but am using the nitecore i2 charger. Zero issues through two weeks.

What is your "convection style screen setup"? do you have a screen on each side of the herb?

ETA: nevermind I just went back and saw the post. I am not familiar with the e-nano or the screen setup but will investigate. thanks!

valence,
Reactions: Vapoleon

shawn0223

Got pics? Might have to look into some enano screens lol

shawn0223,

stickstones

Vapor concierge

I actually had a hard time understanding what you are doing with the domed screen. Wouldn't a domed screen just make a mess of things? It's a small bowl to be using with gaps in it.

stickstones,

Barhen

Would love to know this method, can you post pictures or a video?

Barhen,

Mrmrmrmr

For everyone wanting to know about the convection style screen setup...
This is what I start with, a enano basket screen and a flat SS screen cut to fit in the air stem.
23w5o9h.jpg

Then I pull the open end of the enano screen out a bit to fit snug in the air stem. Like so:
2hqvvwg.jpg

And finally load it with whatever and tap down slightly with your pinky .here is a top view with the flat ss screen on
vdn054.jpg

That's it. Now (if your like me and always vape with the air vertical ) you can set it down and not worry about burning your herbs. Taste is improvedand in my experience the session lasts much longer with more satisfying clouds.
Enjoy...I know I am :)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
With the Air the simplest works for me. No screen and no clogging to make a tighter draw.

EDIT
I don't use a fine grind. More of a med to coarse. Whatever works for folks. Getting different ideas is good. No breathing in crumbs for me either. I clean the stem when it looks dirty with some ISO.

Last edited:

Mrmrmrmr

cool pics, seems a lot of work to do for each bowl.
:lol: no I don't that each time I was just showing everyone how to set it up. I keep the basket screen in there always so I just have to pack a stem pop the top screen in and she's good to go !very simple little to no work involved.
@CarolKing you don't use a screen at all in your stem ? I couldn't do that just thinking about all those crumbs stuck in the stem and possibly inhaling them :uhoh:

Mrmrmrmr

Have you tried using a screen ?you get much better air flow that way. The only time I haven't used a screen was when I first got my solo two years ago. Never looked back since.

Barhen

:lol: no I don't that each time I was just showing everyone how to set it up. I keep the basket screen in there always so I just have to pack a stem pop the top screen in and she's good to go !very simple little to no work involved.

I hear ya, how do you get the top screen to come off easy. if its loose, wouldn't it fall down into the heating chamber or if its tight, wouldn't it be a pain to slap out? I am just very curious about your method :D

Have you tried using a screen ?you get much better air flow that way. The only time I haven't used a screen was when I first got my solo two years ago. Never looked back since.

No I have never tried the air with a screen, love the way it is without so I haven't bothered with any other methods yet. The next thing i will dabble with will be some sort of glass piece for it at home I think....

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrmrmrmr

The top screen fits snug inside the stem for me. I always stick it below the top of the stem so there's no direct contact with the heating chamber. Very very easy to pop out with something sharp. I use my trusty skilletool aka honey bun.
I would highly advise you trying a screen. It works way better IMO then no screen.

CarolKing

I've used a screen and no screen with both the Solo and the Air. Lately no screen is the way I go for both units. I'm only using a screen when I use my turbo stems with Solo.

Barhen

I've used a screen and no screen with both the Solo and the Air. Lately no screen is the way I go for both units. I'm only using a screen when I use my turbo stems with Solo.

I dont grind too much so its a little thick and coarse like i just broke it apart with my hands. No bits going into my mouth at all. With Mrmrmr's method, I suspect he must be using a very fine grind or something.

Mrmrmrmr

Sorry I assumed you were girding as well. My fault. I can see how a coarse "grind" with your hands would work well. But if you ever want to see some major clouds try a medium fine grinder grind and a screen :tup:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
But why the dome screen and not a flat one? I always used a flat screen in my solo. I would think it would be cleaner. Unless you are trying to minimize contact to the glass.

Mrmrmrmr

That's correct I'm trying to reduce as much conduction as I can. I Don't have to tell you how hot that glass gets .

Mrmrmrmr,

Justpassedu

When I 1st got my air I was using a really fine grind. I unscrewed the mouth piece and took that plastic piece out and cut a small screen to replace it with, I feel I'm now getting 10% better airflow from this method. Now I don't grind anymore , I simply break my nugs up by hand medium and pack the stem. Than I heat to green and let it sit for a extra 45sec once it reaches temp. I than pull the stem up about a millimeter from the oven and I am getting huge clouds . I sometimes don't pull the stem up also but pulling it up I do with friends who are used to combusting bc it gives better airflow .

CarolKing

I tried using a screen with the Air and liked it without. I want maximum airflow so for me going with a medium grind I get good airflow and great flavor. The clouds aren't as important to me as the flavor that I'm getting.

I start out the lowest temp and work up to the green. I don't go any higher because then I loose the flavor that I'm looking for.

I find this vaporizer to be a good companion on the go, its so discreet and handy and very easy to load too. I have an extra stem loaded with the cap for a no spill experience.

Also I try not be be obvious and look like I'm just using an ecig. When I go walking my muscles sometimes cramp up and then I will medicate .

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I actually used the air on my couch last night while my parents were sitting there. We got together for my bday. They know I smoke but I try not to do it around them. I told my mom it was my new ecig , they didn't smell a thing wich was funny. Was looking over at my girlfriend laughing bc they had no clue.

CarolKing

Using the light colored ABV that still has active goodies left in it works well and it doesn't smell like fresh herb.;)

If you are using a vaporizer and you are cooking often the surrounding smells will hide the evidence.

Last edited:

Barhen

Sorry I assumed you were girding as well. My fault. I can see how a coarse "grind" with your hands would work well. But if you ever want to see some major clouds try a medium fine grinder grind and a screen :tup:

I do use a grinder, albeit cheap plastic one I got free with my iolite. It only grinds to medium grind, thick. couple twists and I am good to go. Nothing in the mouth.

Top Bottom