Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I use the Arizer Air external charger, as well as occasionally the Nitecore I4. I only use the Nitecore if I need to charge more than two (or check cell stats), or else I go with stock external charger. I keep the battery screw cap clean (q-tip) and slightly lubed, to preserve the integrity of the threads, because I rarely don't swap batteries vs charge in the Air, and there is a lot of screwing and unscrewing going on....

biohacker

I had a Solo, gotta say, I get bigger clouds, better sessions, more medicated, by sipping my Air than anything else (including Solo and many other quite pricey products).

While that does confuse me, it could be due to our different usage styles. My comparison is using the gong primarily, although I was able to cache Air stems in my Solo and still get a decent hit (both being on max) after using the Air dry with plastic tip stem. My usage is 99% through water as I require the cooling, filtration, and moisturized hits and it allows me to take in way bigger hits, which is often times my entire bowl in one big thick milky hit.

I'll have some comparison vids up for you all to judge for yourselves using the gong. I'm kinda an old school one snap bong ripper....never actually enjoyed joints that much, so that could help explain my preference as well. But overall I just don't think the heater/battery can keep up on the Air as well as the Solo...with double the batteries, it doesn't surprise me.

The Solo and Air are completely different entities in my limited experiences of owning over a dozen solo's since release and 3 Airs.

I anticipate Arizer possibly working on a vape PEN for the future!

OF

Is there a cheaper place to get the black glass mp from vape fiend? $31 shipped it kind of high. May as well go joda.

I've bought them, I believe, from Arizer (direct, only source at first), PV and PIU. Ten bucks each in all cases, postage reasonable (some were free with other purchases, some at normal first class mail rates). You might shop around some. I also tend to order a few spreading the postage costs.

IMO it pays to have spare stems, loaded and capped. Murphy can't put you out of business with a broken stem that way.

They might well be, but they also seem to 'stick to the knitting'. That is do well in their proven area rather than branching out. One thing sure, they'd have to abandon their existing oven design, Air made it about as compact as possible based on the Solo.

Vape pens is kind of a 'Whore's Market' I think, not the sort of risk they tend to take? If they did release one, I bet it'd be a keeper.......

OF

UnshavenFish

Is there a cheaper place to get the black glass mp from vape fiend? $31 shipped it kind of high. May as well go joda.

I'm guessing it's the all glass black stem (black glass), just got one the other day (short one) and I like it, nice and stealth and airflow seems a little better than my favourite (stock short plastic tip)

Vapefiend have discount codes you could use...

HI5 = spend £10+ and get £5 off
420 = spend £50+ and get £10 off
:tup:

I could be wrong here but there is a company (dcglass) that I think might make them :shrug:,says about black solo stems at bottom of homepage but I can't find them on site, could be worth a call.

http://dcglass.ca

But it says on vapefiends website...

'Handmade in Canada, they are exclusive to Vapefiend'

So maybe you can only get them from vapefiend, I don't know :shrug:

UnshavenFish

Says at the bottom of home page of DC Glass says something along the lines of find our new black solo stem at a store near you.

Doesn't sound like vape fiend has an exclusive.

Yeah like I say I don't know :shrug: just going off what is said online, maybe it's just exclusive in UK/Europe who knows.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arizer-Vapo...4775/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A3FH53ENOA0JVE

This is the only other place I've seen them for sale though, and they seem to sell other vapefiend items also so not sure what's going on there either.

:peace:

OF

Yeah like I say I don't know :shrug: just going off what is said online, maybe it's just exclusive in UK/Europe who knows.

Interesting idea. Perhaps it's not authorized by Arizer so would run afoul of patent/copyright laws in the US/Canada?

Just a guess. Looks like a neat idea, also hard to see when it's dirty. Clear glass is like white carpets sometimes........

OF

Uzer

This cheap USB charging cable on Amazon is confirmed to work. It's charging my Air right now. No modifications needed. Had it for a few weeks and it's well made thought it's only 3ft. Took a couple weeks to get here though and in that time I already made another cable that's about 8ft long to replace my malfunctioning stock charger. I cut off the stock "wall wart" which was dead and spliced in a USB cable with power only, works great.

Last edited:

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
http://dcglass.ca/product/jet-black-stright-solo-stem/

they showed up on a search at dcglass. but only the long and bent.
I emailed about the shorter one. Mick says he has them. All kinds.

This cheap USB cable on Amazon is confirmed to work. It's charging my Air right now. Had it for a few weeks and it's well made thought it's only 3ft. Took a couple weeks to get here though and in that time I already made another cable that's about 8ft long to replace my malfunctioning stock charger. I cut off the stock "wall wart" which was dead and spliced in a USB cable with power only, works great.
I saw on here that a psp cord will work. I just bought one today. Their around five on eBay though.

OF

I saw on here that a psp cord will work. I just bought one today. Their around five on eBay though.

Some work while some are known to not work with Air (although I guess they do with PSP). The main problem seems to be length, sometimes you need to trim a bit off the end:
TxZzukM.jpg

That's the factory charger connector at top, the PSP cable as shipped in the center with the 'doughnut I had to slice off to make it work.

Best, I think, to stick with ones known to fit/work?

OF

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
While that does confuse me, it could be due to our different usage styles. My comparison is using the gong primarily, although I was able to cache Air stems in my Solo and still get a decent hit (both being on max) after using the Air dry with plastic tip stem. My usage is 99% through water as I require the cooling, filtration, and moisturized hits and it allows me to take in way bigger hits, which is often times my entire bowl in one big thick milky hit.

I'll have some comparison vids up for you all to judge for yourselves using the gong. I'm kinda an old school one snap bong ripper....never actually enjoyed joints that much, so that could help explain my preference as well. But overall I just don't think the heater/battery can keep up on the Air as well as the Solo...with double the batteries, it doesn't surprise me.

The Solo and Air are completely different entities in my limited experiences of owning over a dozen solo's since release and 3 Airs.

Our "vape print" is completely different. Unless we sat down together, it would be like comparing apples and oranges. Our likes and dislikes in a vape, just like a favorite beer, is what makes us human. Quite cool. If we all liked the same vape, there'd be only one thread on FC.

The AA is a powerhouse in a tiny package. It adjusts to me (lying, sitting, reading, riding, walking). I don't have to have it an any angle, the stem won't fall out - fits in my hand like a 60 ring cigar. Too me, that's a fucking vape. But, if it didn't perform, what's the point. I've focused heavily on getting this thing to perform, and with the way I vape, I've succeeded beyond what I thought cannabis vaping could do.

A vape pen - AA is almost a pen, but a fat one. :tup:

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
Did Mick say when and where and how we can purchase the short black stem?
"The price per stem is $12.95 + shipping fees. I can take your payment here, paypal, credit card, email transfer if you are in Canada."

"Shipping world wide non express $10, Expedited parcel $15 and Express Shipping $25. The fastest option will get it there in under 3 days. Expedited is usually 4 to 6 days. And regular shipping is 6 to 10 days."

ApparentlyStoned,
Reactions: blackstone

Skyscraper

Hey all. Finally got new batteries to solve the mystery of why my Air is turning itself.
With a fully charged brand new OEM battery the Air will not reach temp and stay on for a full 10 minute cycle. Has anybody had this problem or do I have the only defective Air?

OF

Hey all. Finally got new batteries to solve the mystery of why my Air is turning itself.
With a fully charged brand new OEM battery the Air will not reach temp and stay on for a full 10 minute cycle. Has anybody had this problem or do I have the only defective Air?

The only such reports I recall had battery issues. Sadly, sounds like it's time to send it in.......

I hope you have a backup?

OF

OF

I don't know your situation, but might I suggest a second Air (or Solo)?

I have 2 (back ups)

For sure I'm not against a spare Solo or Air (I too have spares of each, handy to loan out so 'hook' new owners......) but think a guy should consider a different vape as well. Something fun to use in it's own right (so it won't live in a drawer somewhere waiting on it's brother's failure....).

The important idea is, I think, to have a useful fall back. Keeps Murphy from ambushing you at a key time.

OF

sickmanfraud

For sure I'm not against a spare Solo or Air (I too have spares of each, handy to loan out so 'hook' new owners......) but think a guy should consider a different vape as well. Something fun to use in it's own right (so it won't live in a drawer somewhere waiting on it's brother's failure....).

The important idea is, I think, to have a useful fall back. Keeps Murphy from ambushing you at a key time.

OF

I hear what you are saying, I just believe that the Air and Solo are such great deals for such great prices.

I have found that accessories can add a significant amount of money to get the most from a vape.

If someone has a backup that's great, but remember that using the same accessories (gongs & stems) can be convenient and considerably less expensive than buying a cheap backup with it's accessories.

@OF we can agree to disagree agreeably.

Top Bottom