WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Yeah, just got another batch of stems & some are bigger than others.

No Kidding! All 6 of my MP stems are .003"-.004" Out Of Round, with O.D. Varying by .007". But got one all glass 70mm gem that's actually round!

Same here. I just got a box ten minutes ago LOL.

My Air came with the 60mm stem with MP, and i just got a couple 70mm stems and they are both different sizes and fit in the unit differently. One is a bit loose. It slides in and out without much resistance at all even when unit is cold.... It also seems to have better air flow than all the others too so im not complaining HAHA... But there is quite a bit of variances on sizes across the board from the looks of it.

OF

BUT I dont like it to be loose..:rofl:

Better learn to deal with disappointment then........

But I don't think we should be giving guys that expectation? Much as we might wish otherwise, it's not part of the design and I don't think guys expecting it is a good thing. Do you?

OF

OF,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Guys, stems are going to loosen up anyway.......

OF
TBH I like when its loose only on a WT. It helps to get those Air pockets in, especially if you have a WT that requires it to be in the hamster style position. On the other hand,When using dry, if it wiggles too much, you can wiggle your load onto the the heat source.

Slow Draw McGraw,
Reactions: Vapormatic

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
So far i have the bent solo stem, the straight stem w/o mp, 2 60mm stems with mp and 2 70mm stems with mp.... So 6 stems in total and with 5 of them the draw is similar to sucking on a straw in a milkshake...

But with just one of the new 70mm stems the draw is much more similar to sucking on a straw in chocolate milk.. Im still getting good vapor production as well.

Airmaster One

AA Enthusiast
Regular, shorty, turbo, or turbo shorty?

I still haven't gotten my air in the mail but I'm 99% sure I'll be ordering a GonG, what's the popular opinion on the version? I already ordered those domed screens so I'm not sure if that makes the shorty less useful. Not 100% clear on the difference with the turbo from the website description, I'm searching through this thread to learn more about it, but the turbo is in stock so I thought I'd post before it's gone.

To specifically answer your question about what PVHE GonG is best for your situation, I would go with the turbo stem, non-shorty. Since you have the dome screens, this will solve your problem of having too wide of an air passage in the turbo. The screens will also give you an adjustable shorty bowl (IMO better than the PVHE Shorty stem). And when I say adjustable, I mean you can push the screen all the way to the bottom to have a bigger bowl, or pull it towards the edge of the stem to have a smaller bowl. Most of all, with the turbo stem you will have the maximum (and easiest) draw possible. Not to mention you can use the GonG as a dry mouthpiece.

SlightlyStonedSD

@SlightlyStonedSD why mutilate a protective skin when you can roll it up, it also easily slides up to change batteries.

The skin protects your AA when it slips, and slams, on to the unforgiving ground....

I think of it as a modification not a mutilation. I'm already on my second skin. The first one got loose from wiggling it up and down and wouldn't stay in place anymore.

I'll probably cut along the edge of the battery cap so the bottom portion of the skin screws off and on with it

Airmaster One

AA Enthusiast
Whats the difference in draw between the vortex and turbo stems?

I haven't tried the vortex, but I have my turbo stem. I can tell you this much - the turbo stem will give you the maximum available draw as compared to any other stem. Even the Vortex has 4 holes for air passage just like the others. Yes these holes are quite large, but still cannot beat 1 huge hole in the turbo - it's not even a "hole", its more like a completely open stem with a super thin glass rim to hold a screen in place.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Vortex stem has a large single hole but not as large as the turbo stem's hole. It has very good air flow. You just need to keep the screen clean. Way better air flow than the stock Air stems. The stems I have are from the Black Friday sale.

If I had to choose a Turbo or Vortex, I would choose a Vortex.

Wow 3,000 posts!!!!:D:leaf::peace:

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
"I think of it as a modification not a mutilation. I'm already on my second skin. The first one got loose from wiggling it up and down and wouldn't stay in place anymore.

I'll probably cut along the edge of the battery cap so the bottom portion of the skin screws off and on with it"

Your skin, your cut, Doc. Hope it makes the cut.;)

stark1,

Airmaster One

AA Enthusiast
The Vortex stem has a large single hole but not as large as the turbo stem's hole. It has very good air flow. You just need to keep the screen clean. Way better air flow than the stock Air stems. The stems I have are from the Black Friday sale.

I see, I thought the vortex had 4 large holes (I must have been looking at the wrong photo on PV). One big advantage that the vortex stem has is its length. I'm talking functionality, not stealth. If you're not vaping at turbo speeds, the 60mm/70mm stems get pretty hot on your lips, and can even get to the point where they can slightly burn your lips. I blame this on the length. But with the PVHE GonG being used as a dry mouthpiece (which is even shorter than the 60mm/70mm), I solve this problem by putting a 18mm to 14mm reducer glass piece on it when it gets too hot. So essentially it has the length of a vortex stem, but with a bigger air passage way.

Last edited:

CarolKing

The Air's versatility and the user replaceable batteries is it's strong points. Plus it delivers great vapor flavor with it's ability to be stealth when you need to medicate on the down low. This vaporizer doesn't scream out attention to itself, you can medicate in subtle manor.

You still need to worry about smell if you are too close to folks. Some people just don't care anyway.

Last edited:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated

Trust me im checking PV multiple times a day waiting for the Vortex to be for sale again!! They could raise the price to 40 and id still grab it the same day it comes back up LMAO... I hope they DONT raise the price... Im just saying i want one so bad id still get it.

DO you have or have you used a turbo?

If so, what are the difference/s between them in use really? And what makes you prefer the vortex?

I want a high efficient stem and really dont want to wait an unknown amount of time for one.... But if i got a turbo now would there really be any reason to get a vortex as well when they come back? Is there that much difference between them in use?

Sorry for all the Qs.... Its kind of your fault though because your kind of the reason im jonesin for a vortex :doh: :rofl:

olivianewtonjohn

Better learn to deal with disappointment then........

But I don't think we should be giving guys that expectation? Much as we might wish otherwise, it's not part of the design and I don't think guys expecting it is a good thing. Do you?

OF
Why is that? I know arizer claims this is by design but if it is they did a lousy job. Air is noticeably better than the solo. Solo stems would literally wobble if shaken, 0 wobbling with arizer air. I think the majority of users fall into my camp of not wanting a wobbly stem in their portable; and I believe arizer listened. Now if you try to warranty or something, then im sure they will say its by design.

To put it another way I think if they wanted to keep the solo wobbly design they could have; instead they have multiple ring gasket and that top rubber gasket as well.

CarolKing

Trust me im checking PV multiple times a day waiting for the Vortex to be for sale again!! They could raise the price to 40 and id still grab it the same day it comes back up LMAO... I hope they DONT raise the price... Im just saying i want one so bad id still get it.

DO you have or have you used a turbo?

If so, what are the difference/s between them in use really? And what makes you prefer the vortex?

I want a high efficient stem and really dont want to wait an unknown amount of time for one.... But if i got a turbo now would there really be any reason to get a vortex as well when they come back? Is there that much difference between them in use?

Sorry for all the Qs.... Its kind of your fault though because your kind of the reason im jonesin for a vortex :doh: :rofl:
I have both. They are similar with an open draw. The Vortex has a longer air path and a cooler draw. I don't know if you extract anymore goodies out of your herb?

CarolKing,

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I have both. They are similar with an open draw. The Vortex has a longer air path and a cooler draw. I don't know if you extract anymore goodies out of your herb?

Thanks for the info!!

Have you happen to of taken a picture of the Vortex, Turbo, and one of the stems with MP to show the size differences somewhere in the thread previously? If not about how long is the vortex and turbo? I dont see any size lengths mentioned on PV.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!

WoodVillain,

collegerower

Just picked up an air today from Randy. My only experience with portables has been a MFLB and a vaporgenie coil so I am excited to see what the Air is like.

Cant wait to see what all the talk is about!

CarolKing

@WoodVillain I took pictures of the Vortex stem. It is an inch longer than the Solo straight stem which would include the Solo turbo straight stem. It's a few pages back.

I measured the Vortex stem, it's 5 inches long and the Turbo straight is 4 inches.

Barhen

This is the new Vortex stem through Planetvape. It works awesome with the Air, I was able to go up to heat level Red which is 410 degrees. Normally green is the highest I can go which is 392 degrees. It gave those higher temps a smooth vapor taste. I didn't cough at all.

This stem is an inch longer than the stock straight stem for the Solo. It has a vortex pocket between the herb and the air path. It doesn't made your unit stealth in any way.

It is definitely worth buying for those of you wanting to use those higher temps without water. It isn't stealth but it medicates well this way. I need the higher temps for when my pain is bad.

I started low and worked my way up to the Orange (401 degrees) quickly then finished off on Red. The Orange was the best temp for flavor and clouds.

EDIT
Yes this is the Vortex made for the Solo or the Air, it says on PVs website now. It fits the Air perfectly. It has better airflow too. The draw is very easy.

Heres what they look like. I posted this pic on the Solo thread a couple weeks ago.

that looks like 2 different stem sizes, which is which? I am very interested in this stem.... I still haven't got a water tool yet and really want to go higher temps but its too harsh for me. Would like to get this if it allows it to be smooth on red before investing into a WT and gong.

Barhen,
Top Bottom