tree master

So i bought a solo ground glass on glass gong adapter carbed for my air from PV. It arrived today So i gave it try and love it besides having to hold the hole. My question is, is there a rubber piece or something to seal up the tiny hole with that is still safe? The glass gets hot after using it for a bit. I have to pull the gong from the glass piece anyways because the carb hole is to small to clear. This is why i am wondering, i would of got the no carbed 14mm but none was instock.

Kief

Medicated
Also that bubbler that OF posted got me thinking. Wonder if aftermarket accessory makers could make a stem with bubbler built in? That bubbler posted above looks like it would be perfect for the job with a bowl built in (no leak and small).
A few years back... PV was working on something like this for us, but it never happened :shrug:. You may be able to dig up some info in their thread. All you need for something like this to happen is enough people asking for it.

OyVape

Gentle Friends,

I've found a better USB cable for the Air. It's not only tougher (remember the prior one was kind of frail in the cable part) but doesn't need modification (cutting the plug body back), it plugs into a USB on one end and your Air a meter or less away, no fuss no mess:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/cable-USB-4...ply-5V-Tablet-Android-Sony-PSP-/281234981407?

$2.20 each with $1.50 shipping. It got to me in less than 10 days with tracking. This cable and your computer USB port puts you in business. Mating it with a mains powered 'USB supply' and you have a home charger, mate it with an auto cigarette lighter USB supply and you've got a car charger. Mate it with a 'USB power bank' and you've got worry free recharges in the wilds.

Yep, impressive little guy. I bought a spare in case Ataxian comes over and breaks it for me...... Too cool to be without and at this price, why not have a spare?

I kind of cheated cleaning mine. I use PBW (not ISO) for cleaning. I attached a short tube with a funnel on the other end to the top. I then filled it as much as I could by dunking it in a glass of water in the sink. Then, putting it under the faucet, I ran hot water into it, flushing the old water out. Then I put a small scoop of PBW into the funnel and stopped the water when the detergent had been washed in (but not rinsed out). Five minutes later, a few minutes flushing with cold water left it squeaky clean and properly filled after a bit of shaking.

So I never actually emptied it out. I flushed the old water out, flushed the detergent in with hot water, then rinsed it free and was good to go.

Funny, DHgate just sent me one of these little mini-bubblers by mistake. i didn't order it & didn't even know what it was, but here it is in the Air thread!

So where does one get silicone tubing. Seems there was someone a while back who said he/she had a bunch of it he could send on request, but I don't remember who it was or if it's still available.
Easy. Complete job while you do a dry session on the Air.

No need to spend that kind of bucks, check out the little DHGate bubbler above, under $20 shipped IIRC:
0UpeNOl.jpg

OF

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to use the quote function. Anyway, this is about that little bubbler OF possted a picture of.

Funny but DHgate accidentally sent me one of these. I didn't order it & didn't even know what it was till I saw it here in this thread. Yay!

Now I am looking for silicone tubing to mate it with my Air. Seems there was someone here who had a bunch he was making avaliable on request but I don't remember who it was or if it's still available.

Last edited by a moderator:

olivianewtonjohn

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to use the quote function. Anyway, this is about that little bubbler OF possted a picture of.

Funny but DHgate accidentally sent me one of these. I didn't order it & didn't even know what it was till I saw it here in this thread. Yay!

Now I am looking for silicone tubing to mate it with my Air. Seems there was someone here who had a bunch he was making avaliable on request but I don't remember who it was or if it's still available.

You could probably check with your local brew shops. One of them must have high temp silicone by the foot. The size you need was listed think it was 3/8 but double check

OF

My question is, is there a rubber piece or something to seal up the tiny hole with that is still safe? The glass gets hot after using it for a bit. I have to pull the gong from the glass piece anyways because the carb hole is to small to clear. This is why i am wondering, i would of got the no carbed 14mm but none was instock.

Sure, I've got the same one for the same reason. The quick way is a broken off toothpick. The better way (what I'm doing) is a few turns of Teflon "Plumber's tape". The thin white ribbon with no adhesive. A couple turns on tight on it's own just fine. Mine has lots of miles on it. The material is fine at the temperature.

.....I paid just under $30 all right, but I got 2 not the 3 I recalled getting. So it's $15 each. I wanted 3 (one to use, one for the BIL, one to have a spare in case one of us decides to channel Ataxian).......now I gotta order another for a spare. When, oh when, will this madness ever end?

OF

Ah, so that's what happened to my third one...... They must have been in a rush. They're all tied up for New Year's right now. Tell you what, just PM me, I'll tell you where to send it......

You could probably check with your local brew shops. One of them must have high temp silicone by the foot. The size you need was listed think it was 3/8 but double check

True rumor, I'm using 3/8 ID, 1/2 OD tube (1/16 wall).

OF

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Sure, I've got the same one for the same reason. The quick way is a broken off toothpick. The better way (what I'm doing) is a few turns of Teflon "Plumber's tape". The thin white ribbon with no adhesive. A couple turns on tight on it's own just fine. Mine has lots of miles on it. The material is fine at the temperature.

Ah, so that's what happened to my third one...... They must have been in a rush. They're all tied up for New Year's right now. Tell you what, just PM me, I'll tell you where to send it......

True rumor, I'm using 3/8 ID, 1/2 OD tube (1/16 wall).

OF

Where else could I find "high temp" silicone besides brew shops. Any retail places? Even online, I'd be willing to by some and share with fellow FC members if I have to end up buying a roll or something.

Slow Draw McGraw,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

tree master

Thanks for the help!! I will be defently be trying the toothpick idea, will have to go buy the teflon plummers tape later. Thanks again this place is the number one place fo get great info!!

OF

Where else could I find "high temp" silicone besides brew shops. Any retail places? Even online, I'd be willing to by some and share with fellow FC members if I have to end up buying a roll or something.

I order it from US Plastics:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23884&catid=799

You have to buy 10 feet, but it's a buck a foot. I 'stock' 3 nesting sizes, this one and the next size down (1/4 X 3/8) being more useful than the next size up. Makes nice whips and can be combined with other sizes (slip one into the other an inch or two for a solid seal) to change sizes at the same time.

Also good for gaskets in GonG fittings.

Thanks for the help!! I will be defently be trying the toothpick idea, will have to go buy the teflon plummers tape later. Thanks again this place is the number one place fo get great info!!

You're welcome. Lots of good folks 'round these parts willing to help fer sure. Too bad it's not better organized I'd estimate well over 90% of the questions have been answered in detail already.

Such is life.

OF

Drspoiler103

Sorry to hijack the thread -
but I'm considering an arizer air for my go to day to day ( first vapMind you my intent was/ is not to use this as a session device - much smaller content , almost purely solo use .
My only 2 concerns are with

1) battery situation - perhaps a non issue due to the swappable batts but does look as though there have been some other power failures / concerns
2) efficiency : can this be used as a 1-3 hit device or is this exclusively a session vape ?

Everything else about the device seems incredible.
- would this be something I could work with considering these factors ?

olivianewtonjohn

but I'm considering an arizer air for my go to day to day ( first vapMind you my intent was/ is not to use this as a session device - much smaller content , almost purely solo use .

1) battery situation - perhaps a non issue due to the swappable batts but does look as though there have been some other power failures / concerns
2) efficiency : can this be used as a 1-3 hit device or is this exclusively a session vape ?

If you want to get a quick hit vaporizer check out the elevape smart vape. Its on sale 50% off for $175. It can be finicky and seems to be more of a tinker vaporizer (especially when compared to the arizer air/solo). But efficiency and being able to take an instant hit are all supposed to be big positives. Check out the Elevape SV thread to see pros/cons

As for your other question, perhaps someone more experience with using it that way could tell you. I use mine as a session vape

OF

IMO battery is not a problem area. It's easy enough to keep an eye on the charge (there's also a crude 'battery level meter') and swaps are always an option. I don't know of any other power related concerns.

On the second point, I agree with ONJ, if you want a quick hit or two this is not a good vape for that. Probably 90 seconds or so on average to get going, and a hit or two to start running sweet.....

OF

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep

MFLB?

Slow Draw McGraw,
Reactions: OF

McSheamus

Vapman, used with a jet flame lighter? Then you don't have to worry about battery, only about gas. And they have big lighters...

Also it's a tiny bowl, but VERY efficient. Gets me as high as my Solo or Air with half the material.

McSheamus,
Reactions: OF

rebelxd

Can anyone tell me how to get the audio beeps back? I turned it off somehow.

Also, where can i get a cheap small tuble bubbler setup for my Air?
something like the f bomb - i might go with that one..

rebelxd,

Airmaster One

AA Enthusiast
Hello Airmaster :D

Thanks so much for doing this, and to such a great quality by including pictures and what you can fit.

From the above I think the medium would be great for me. But as you said it could be handy to have all 3, differnt situations need differnt levels of preperations.

Anyways thanks again, seeing as I have to order online I was going to order all 3, then send two back. Much much more effort than you're great description.

No problem buddy, glad I could help you out with finding a case. I'm very happy with all 3. What I've been doing is carrying around a small and medium case - yeah I know, it's a bit cumbersome, but I like that the AA unit itself has its own little home. :lol: The medium case has enough room for about 5 tubes, a slim herb canister, a battery, stem caps, and screens.

Ok I had a few questions for the AA community, any insight would be appreciated:

1) I just received my 18mm PVHE GonG "shorty" adapter. I know that the shorty has a smaller bowl, and I did look at the sample photos on PV, but - I didnt realize it was going to be THIS small. Theres enough room for a very small bowl, and it's going to be tightly packed in because of the size. So now I'm thinking of returning it and buying a normal turbo bowl. So my question: Does anyone enjoy using the shorty bowl, and do you see any benefits to it? What's the upside of using a shorty?

2) Is there any possible danger to the AA when excess herb gets trapped in the heating chamber? AFter having a few sessions, I look into the chamber and I see toasted herb particles here and there. So I'll take a tissue, shape it into a stick and try to clean it out. Or I'll just blow into it (like blowing into the old Nintendo games of the 90s) in the hopes of removing particles. But I'm afraid I'm just pushing particles deeper into the heating holes. What is the best way of cleaning the heating chamber, or preventing particles from going into the unit?

TIA

VANVAS

Hi
Can anyone tell me how to proceed with the first charges with this kind of battery?I'll have one AA in a few days!:rockon:

VANVAS,

olivianewtonjohn

Just charge it to a full charge and start enjoying. I don't think there's a trick with these batteries? The Solo we give it a full 8 hours on the first charge.
I think you are right (as usual :)). With the solo some advised to charge and let it sit even after it says full charge. Something to do with the battery pack (two 18650s) and getting both cells full.

With the air there is only 1 cell shouldnt apply

VANVAS

Thanks! Yes i just asking before have it , i think is a good point to take care with batteries !
I also gave 12 hours this time to my second solo, and seems to be this good amount of juice went very good !
Back to the thread...first time with this batteries of AA just before use it charge to max and is this 2 h or so ? And that's it? And enjoy?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It takes about 3 hrs to charge if the batteries are really low.

EDIT
That would be charging the battery inside the unit. Maybe 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I thought it took a long time.

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
SSVUN~YAH,

VANVAS

Wooooooow!
I didn't know that!
Is With the arizer dual charger takes as long time as the unit ?

VANVAS,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Can anyone tell me how to get the audio beeps back? I turned it off somehow.

Also, where can i get a cheap small tuble bubbler setup for my Air?
something like the f bomb - i might go with that one..

DHGATE has the PWT wanna be. I have one and it helps take me to where I "wanna be"

14mm joint size
and yes @OF the picture has is upside down. Lol

http://m.dhgate.com/product/pinnacle-pro-glass-smoking-water-pipe-vaporblunt/184494946.html

1) I just received my 18mm PVHE GonG "shorty" adapter. I know that the shorty has a smaller bowl, and I did look at the sample photos on PV, but - I didnt realize it was going to be THIS small. Theres enough room for a very small bowl, and it's going to be tightly packed in because of the size. So now I'm thinking of returning it and buying a normal turbo bowl. So my question: Does anyone enjoy using the shorty bowl, and do you see any benefits to it? What's the upside of using a shorty?
TIA

I love my 18mm shorty GonG. For me, shorty is the way to go. I run through water at 6 or 7 temp so thoroughly extracts my material because of the "deeper heat penetration" on a smaller bowl it brings heater closer in the chamber and milks up my D020. Its like loading a partial bowl but getting a filled bowls performace. Stick with the shorty, youll thank me later.All subjective and relative.......but yes, love me shorty GonG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom