the addiction debate

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I've been to about 100 dispensaries in my life, I've maybe seen ONE person who probably NEEDED medical cannabis.
Id say 99.9% are there (including me) for recreational purpose.
Cannabis is probably as addictive as Iphones.
Try taking an iPhone from a kid...
What does a person look like that needs a medical cannbis perscription? This was a statement that really doesn't make sense. Forgive me if I've broken the rules.

There are many folks that cannabis helps and they don't look emaciated like they are dieing of cancer. That really is a slap in the face to all the medical patients on FC that seek help looking for answers for their disabilities. Many diseases are invisible. We don't know what kind of diseases people have by looking at them.

That sounds like the law makers in my state or the law makers in WA D.C. that won't decriminalize cannbais or make it available to med patients. We can't stereotype a cannabis patient. True there are a lot of folks that get medical cards that may not need them. Who are we to decide what's medical for someone. Example - PTSD is invisisible.:bang:

Last edited:

Baron23

I've been to about 100 dispensaries in my life, I've maybe seen ONE person who probably NEEDED medical cannabis.
Id say 99.9% are there (including me) for recreational purpose.
Cannabis is probably as addictive as Iphones.
Try taking an iPhone from a kid...
Enough has already been said in detail confronting this post.

All I can add, my friend, is my suggestion you revisit your observations and judgments because I think they are badly flawed and...well, ignorant if using the accurate meaning of the word as being uninformed or lacking in facts.

I also agree with @herbivore21 's view of the Cali med scene as non-typical of a well regulated MMJ programs and is often times a thin veil for recreational use (which frankly is fine by me as I think all legal obstacles to cannabis should be dissolved).

Baron23,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

hibeam

alpha +
Poison your brain with the herb...I used to be so fearful of this outcome...for decades a half dozen years on and the next half dozen off for fear of addiction, deeply believing that cannabis was a drug that gave me wings to fly and then would take away the sky...but as I aged along with other users I learned that "drugs" are an individual thing.

I met daily drinkers who were not alcoholic and I met totally dry drunks. I met daily LSD users who moved on to non substance enhanced lives, and people who resorted to huffing freon and paint and gasoline when coke was not around and ended up arrested for public intoxication routinely, and people who tried coke a half dozen times but never saw the point of it.

Finally and for the past half dozen years I am totally comfortable allowing myself the same daily microdosing schedule because my tolerance never increases. Sometimes I get so busy with other routines a whole day goes by without that breath of magic air. But the next day I won't get too busy with anything because I have a tyrannical left brain that routinely oppresses my better nature, artsy, groovy right brain until I use.

Maybe someday, just like I know I have flawed genes for making enough vitamin D, for detoxing ammonia and sulfur from amine metabolism, for balancing catecholamines, I will find out that my endocannabinoid generator is a bit broken and I need a bump from an outside source. In the meantime my wings keep on coming with their own sky.

rozroz

Nice reading @hibeam

so now after last night's "creative session",
(which was wonderful, i genuinely felt happy throughout)

i was using 1/3 a bowl with a quick low temp session, which was more than enough.

i am reminded now (morning) that there is one thing that makes me avoid being high daily-
the heaviness and that hangover feeling.
i cannot understand how you guys (who don't need it as medication)
can tolerate it. maybe some of you don't have it, maybe it's a certain strain.

but apart from psychological after effects, this is even worse.
i forgot to discuss this.

i wonder what's your solution if you suffer from it.

Last edited:
rozroz,

rozroz

don't think it's connected in my case.
i do that many evenings and i get up ok.

i think i'll really go into micro dosing, as suggested before.
most chances i didn't do it properly till now.
might be perfect for me.

https://www.learngreenflower.com/articles/52/less-is-more-micro-dosing-and-medical-cannabis?gfm=true

it's obvious that last night for example, even the 4-5 puffs of low temp were too much.
i could have been done with 2-3 tops. depends on the device limitations of course.
my lowest temp on the Imag+ is 374.
until now i didn't even bother with it! always started on 410.
should have known better.
btw - can i finish a bowl potency by staying only on 374?
or is there a reason to go higher at all?

thanks.

rozroz,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

rozroz

Yea higher temp = better sleep = worse wake ups ;)

now my goal is trying to eliminate the morning after physical heaviness i tend to suffer from, so micro dose on lowest temp is the best chance..

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
For me it works the opposite of that... since I get a deeper more refreshing sleep with High temp vaping at night where if I vape at lower temps I might as well just drink a couple cups of coffee before bedtime.

I also find I get the best sleep if I stop vaping 2-3 hours before i go to bed.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Many of the cannabinoids that are beneficial to sleep are accessed at higher temps.

I agree 100%, but the OP said they only vape sativa and sativa heavy herbs which make me sleepless and anxious so I'd never be able to sleep right after vaping and have to wait for the "burn-out" a few hours later.

Now if it was a pure indica strain I'd have no problem vaping closer to sleep time.

:peace:

rozroz

I now understand that many of you need MJ for mainly medical reasons.
Didn't quite realize it until this thread.

I wonder what % of FC are stoners / medical?

rozroz,
Reactions: steama

Squiby

many of you need MJ for mainly medical reasons.

In my life, I have come full circle with my cannabis use. As a young child, when I was sick, my grandmother gave me a tea she made from the cannabis they grew on their prairie farm. It was used many ways but ingestion was only considered medicinal and I never saw it used socially or for pleasure. It would put me right to sleep and I would be right as rain in no time.

Most of my adult life I used weed socially. I'd smoke joints or knife hash on the weekends with friends. Occasionally we grew it. It was only used for its pleasurable effects and never for medicine.

Now, 40 years later, I vape sometimes with friends but mostly by myself and although I enjoy the sensation of being stoned, it is used to alleviate symptoms. I largely vape for energy during the day, help with sleep at night and occasionally for pain and nausea.

I will continue to use weed for the rest of my life and I love it. Medicine or recreation, I love it!

Baron23

In my life, I have come full circle with my cannabis use. As a young child, when I was sick, my grandmother gave me a tea she made from the cannabis they grew on their prairie farm. It was used many ways but ingestion was only considered medicinal and I never saw it used socially or for pleasure. It would put me right to sleep and I would be right as rain in no time.

Most of my adult life I used weed socially. I'd smoke joints or knife hash on the weekends with friends. Occasionally we grew it. It was only used for its pleasurable effects and never for medicine.

Now, 40 years later, I vape sometimes with friends but mostly by myself and although I enjoy the sensation of being stoned, it is used to alleviate symptoms. I largely vape for energy during the day, help with sleep at night and occasionally for pain and nausea.

I will continue to use weed for the rest of my life and I love it. Medicine or recreation, I love it!
Thanks @Squiby - much like my own arc in cannabis use (well, without the little house on the prairie ;)). Started out as a kid rebelling and just looking to get high. Life intervened with jobs, kids, etc and use was much more occasional but still recreational. Came back to cannabis about 10 years ago due to medical conditions with my vaping mainly being later at night in preparation for sleep.

I think for us slightly more mature FC members (LOL), this might be a common story arc.

Best of luck. Cheers!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
how do you mean? with medical prescription to help with a problem, i guess.
Many states have no options for medical, and some that do don't really have many conditions even covered by it. If I was literally dying I might be able to get a card in nys, but I use it to help curb depression, help with appetite\stomach pain, as well as cutting pain down some when it gets bad.
My fatigue can get so bad that a morning vape acts like a cup of Joe for me. Ooh yeah. It also helps me get more regular sleep. I commonly wake up in the middle of the night after only 4 hours of sleep and can't get back down to sleep with out a little push.

High temp does seem to couch lock a bit more, in my experience it's at least partly tried that higher temps give a bigger body buzz, but I know there is differences in strains, too and I'm not going scientific experiments.

AVENTUS

Been getting medicated since I was 16. Was never a daily toker, even in my blunt days, growing/slangin days. Max 4 days a week, always had several week periods where I just wouldn't care to partake at all.

So I vote hell the f#@k no, it's not addictive at all.

But for people who were born to parents who abused substances, or who came from lineage with addictive tendencies, it may flirt with psychological addiction.

I've noticed several groups among my homies, tend towards displaying addictive behaviors with mary. My black homies, and ADHD homies/gfs

AVENTUS,
Reactions: rozroz

sixtysix

I've been thinking a lot about this lately, being that I vape everyday and can't bring myself to stopping even though it has a negative impact on my working memory. I medicate to relieve stress and calm my IBS.. that being said.. I absolutely think that it's habit forming, but on the contrary I'd rather see myself using cannabis daily than benzodiazepines.

Top Bottom