Discontinued The 8 Herb Vaporizer for the Persei

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys come party with us, we gonna have the 8 going around and you can try it.

306547_10150858530791617_698121616_11976924_840401436_n.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Alright guys. Adobewan has the 8 herb chamber and he has started testing it out today. Wait for him to chime and give you guys a heads up on how it performs.

JoeKickass

Alright guys. Adobewan has the 8 herb chamber and he has started testing it out today. Wait for him to chime and give you guys a heads up on how it performs.

The new prototype came back already? Or does he have one without the changes to keep the heat in?

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The new prototype came back already? Or does he have one without the changes to keep the heat in?

no he is testing the old prototype. Once we get all the techniques down and ready it will be included in the manual

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Omar21

Omar
Ok When can I buy this!?!?!?!?! THC Scientific I love my Omicron yet I still love my herbs, and to be abble to combine the two. All I can say is lets do this!

arf777

No longer dogless
This has got to be the coolest name for any vape ever, bar none. Long time Futurama fan and FC lurker/member, but only just noticed that the name of this is comes out Omicron Persei 8. That alone puts the whole shebang on my wish list.

Adobewan

Sorry everyone, really just initial testing so far, more to come over the weekend.
Quick first impressions:
Very solid build, but I prefer the new Persei buttons to this old one(prototype).
Regarding performance, definitely in the Solo category as opposed to the TV although there are some similarities to the TV. It's a bit large, longer than the TV but still more pocket-friendly than the Solo. The chamber size and configuration are spacious(approx. 4 grams) and benefits from the half unscrew and gentile shake method used for the TV, although G has a stir tool built into the cap in the update(very, very smart). Had a new unit taste but I'm nearly thru that(you're welcome whoever gets it next :)).
Heating it to 300 degrees(about 30-40 secs), filling the chamber about halfway(approx. 1.5-2 grams) produces one or two rich, steamy, flavor draws, followed by a good 5 or so lung fulls of clouds, more I'm sure when I perfect my technique, although there is no learning curve, once it heats up, you draw, very much like the Solo. Using the screw & stir method I mentioned produced very even AV. Air path is clearer than both the Solo and TV.
Not sure how long the battery life is yet but they cranked through 3 bowls easily before I shut it down.
One con is this prototype gets hot on the outside of the chamber.

Cool innovative feature, the cap has a filter system that allows you to choose and switch out your filter material be it carbon or ceramic, or another of your choice.

I have some patients coming over this weekend and hope to get some comprehensive feedback focus-group style but so far this is very in keeping with the quality we've come to expect from G.

I have seen some more of G's future products and as usual, he's like an enthusiastic child-genius as he revels in cutting edge ideas, some hitting me like a brick in their innovation, others going over my head as they spill out of him. Among other things there are some very cool cart designs coming!!

Update to come!

JoeKickass

The chamber size and configuration are spacious(approx. 4 Solo stems)...

...filling the chamber about halfway(approx. 1.5-2 Solo stems)...

...cranked through 3 bowls...

For those of us unfamiliar with such terms, can someone do a rough conversion to grams?

Great Review!
:tup:

JoeKickass,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
someone posted this elsewhere regarding insulation. maybe a coat cut like the vinyl PV did for omi1s?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphene-Co...ccessories&hash=item2ebacd0d59#ht_7210wt_1183 not saying you should do it yourself, just a suggestion of something similar for W9 (should we be callin' you that yet, instead of D9?)

thanks for the comparisons Adobewan. wanted a Solo comparison, even tho i don't have one (don't want to have to get one ;))

Bob Loblaw,

Adobewan

Sorry about that, approx. 4 gs.
Edited in my initial post.

And Joe and Bob pointed out that I referred to the Solo and TV without really considering our FC brothers and sisters who don't have those.
I'm still working but feel free to ask me anything I didn't cover in the review.

Adobewan,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Sorry about that, approx. 4 gs.
Edited in my initial post.

And Joe and Bob pointed out that I referred to the Solo and TV without really considering our FC brothers and sisters who don't have those.
I'm still working but feel free to ask me anything I didn't cover in the review.
i don't think you should sweat it as many people do have one or the other. smart to get those off the bat and i have been waiting for that as i didn't want to get a Solo if this held up. glad to hear it does ;).
think of it as otherly , not in-considerate.q

Bob Loblaw,

Adobewan

Sorry, Friday, working, rushing, not 4 grams, .4 as G said.
As G alluded, those would have to be dense, and I'd say Bazooka Joe Bubble gum dense, to weigh an eighth.
So sorry to mislead guys.

OF

This has got to be the coolest name for any vape ever, bar none. Long time Futurama fan and FC lurker/member, but only just noticed that the name of this is comes out Omicron Persei 8. That alone puts the whole shebang on my wish list.

You know he was going to call it 'sex with kinky women', right? IMO even more guys could relate to that.....

Guys the 8 performs better than expected and I would say it would out perform the solo when done.

That would be excellent, and IMO automatically make it a contender. Soon enough we'll all know I guess. Stand by for my shift.....

OF

Top Bottom