The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

jay87

Three groups: the dems who nominated a crook who can't beat a carrot colored reality TV star with no experience bear equal responsibility, do they not?

I think the point is the people voted him in.

And now the reality is that he might win.

The markets just crashed.

We're fucked. Great Again.

BD9

No, you are talking about DOW futures if anything since the markets are closed. Things will settle down, they just don't like uncertainty.

It also shows Wall Streets choice for president

270 electoral votes needed to win
hillary.png

Clinton
Popular Vote
47.2%
Electoral Count
donald-1.jpg

Trump
Popular Vote
48.3%
Electoral Count

BD9,

little maggie

Three groups: the dems who nominated a crook who can't beat a carrot colored reality TV star with no experience bear equal responsibility, do they not?
No I don't agree. The country under Hilary- call her whatever name you like- would not be as toxic as it will be under Trump. And given that people consider her a crook and Trump who is far more crooked is being more successful I think a Democratic male "crook" would beat Trump.

HighSeasSailor

No I don't agree. The country under Hilary- call her whatever name you like- would not be as toxic as it will be under Trump. And given that people consider her a crook and Trump who is far more crooked is being more successful I think a Democratic male "crook" would beat Trump.

If you plan to win an election, you should play to win. That means choosing a candidate who isn't one of the very most unpopular public figures in the entire country, carrying around multiple decades worth of negative attention, with active investigations ongoing as you nominate that person.

The DNC banks entirely too much on the "lesser of two evils" strategy. It's utterly disheartening. Do you really think you convince anyone to vote by telling them that they should pick the less stinky shit sandwich, but eat the whole thing anyway?

The GOP imploded this year, making this the DNC's election to lose. Trump was a nail waiting to be hammered, and they sent a styrofoam noodle instead.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The fat lady is standing stage right and ready to go out and sing so fucking loud that your ears will bleed.
I said previously that the fat lady has sung and that she's in her dressing room changing into her street clothes. Well, she not only left the building but has climbed into bed, turned off the lights and is now drifting in z-land.

fatlady.jpg

;)

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
If my man Sanders didn't get ripped off, the narrative would not have been Trump vs The Establishment, it would have been Good vs Evil. I'm so pissed off right now. I feel alienated from most of my countrymen who would excuse this idiots behaviour. Fuck this. He's going to be able to do whatever the fuck he wants too, cause the axis of evil isn't giving up control in the other branches, either.

God dam it

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I personally don't like that Trump's finger will be the one on the nuclear button. Its not a comforting thought to say the least. I'm not saying that Hillary would have been the best choice for president but her hand at the wheel I would have felt better. Even with all the controversy.I could be wrong. That is just my feelings.

The DNC screwed Bernie over and his supporters never forgot that. They didn't all go over to Hillary. The numbers prove that. The Bernie voters, a lot didn't vote.

Edit
@t-dub I didn't like Hillary's idea about the no fly zone either over Syria.

Trump in charge of things is scary.

He's leading in Pennsylvania?

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I personally don't like that Trump's finger will be the one on the nuclear button. Its not a comforting thought to say the least. I'm not saying that Hillary would have been the best choice for president but her hand at the wheel I would have felt better. Even with all the controversy.I could be wrong. That is just my feelings.
I appreciate those feelings, they are valid. However I felt just as uncomfortable with Hillary wanting a no-fly zone over Syria. Just think how easy war might happen if we shoot down Russian jets or blow up Russian anti aircraft missile sites. Her hubris combined with misguided thoughts could cost us everything.

jay87

So what happens when everyone realizes Donald was full of shit about every one of his promises...?

jay87,
Reactions: grokit

BD9

Trump leads by 25,000 votes in Michigan with 75% reporting

Trump leads in Pennsylvania by 3000 with 96% reporting

BD9,
Reactions: t-dub

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Who do you think will be the first world leader Trump insults over twitter when he's president? Since I mentioned twitter, I'm going to say this. I don't think presidents should be using twitter. What the fuck is the matter with people? Tweets from the president? We've all gone mad. @little maggie , I coincide with the sentiments you have posted in this thread.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
So what happens when everyone realizes Donald was full of shit about every one of his promises...?
Um, the same thing that happens every time we realize we were promised the stars and instead have a broken system with crooked people running it. This is just Dubbaya all over again. On one hand, we will be embarrassed to be Americans a lot, but political comedy will be fucking golden.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Like Hillary wasn't either?
I worry about a battle of the egos with someone like Kim-Jong Un.
Well, someone is going to have to deal with the little prick. Hopefully it will be China, as they should. Diplomacy will be key here because every day they become closer to putting a nuclear bomb on a missile. All they have to do is explode one 250 miles up in the atmosphere over our country and the EMP will take a good portion of the power grid down. How would you like being without electricity for a year or more?

Last edited:

Farid

At least I got something to celebrate here with cannabis being made legal in MA.

I think Clinton supporters were overconfident, the baggage was just too much, and there wasn't enough time between the last email leak and the elections for the American public to forget.

I bet people who voted for Clinton in the primaries are kicking themselves for not voting for Bernie. No sympathy from me.

Thinking I'll do what I did when I worked in sales and start going by Freddy if Trumps in the white house. I look Italian or Hispanic enough.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
California and Massachusetts pass recreational marijuana. Florida and North Dakota pass MMJ. I wonder how the trump administration will deal this.
They better leave it the fuck alone if they are smart. However, if Christe is made AG we might see some push back, but I doubt it, they have bigger fish to fry and the tax revenue is too enticing.

zor

I can only hope this circus will be over tomorrow, but can't put it past both sides to refuse concession.
At least I got something to celebrate here with cannabis being made legal in MA.

I think Clinton supporters were overconfident, the baggage was just too much, and there wasn't enough time between the last email leak and the elections for the American public to forget.

I bet people who voted for Clinton in the primaries are kicking themselves for not voting for Bernie. No sympathy from me.

Thinking I'll do what I did when I worked in sales and start going by Freddy if Trumps in the white house. I look Italian or Hispanic enough.

Yeah I'm happy question 4 passed. I just wish the Democratic party will learn from this, they are a very weak party, especially compared to the control the GOP holds through their use of fear and jingoism. Hillary was a weak candidate but that still doesn't reduce how appalled I am at the support an open racist and bigot gets.

As a Middle Eastern immigrant, born and classified as a muslim despite being an atheist and US citizen, I view Trump supporters as people who support his xenophobic rhetoric and who directly oppose my right to be here.

Top Bottom