The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, this is getting a little disturbing. More and more women are coming out saying that they were inappropriately touched by Donald Trump. That and women complaining about his disgusting behavior at pageants. It is beginning to look like we may have a Bill Cosby moment if this continues.

Trump may be threatening Hillary with jail if he wins, but it is starting to look like Trump may end up in court at least if not in jail after this election is over with no help from Hillary at all...

Frankly I can't imagine it happening to a nicer guy...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I wanna vote YES for recreational use Damnit...

We barely have very expensive hard to qualify for medical here... :(

Oops, very off topic, sorry. Let me add that my mail ballot hasn't arrived yet...

cybrguy,
Reactions: BD9

MinnBobber

@AgentofChaos ,
thanks for posting that link.

During an on-stage Q & A session with Xerox’s chairman and CEO in March 2014, Clinton used Wall Street terminology to express her opposition to ending cannabis prohibition “in all senses of the word”:

URSULA BURNS: So long means thumbs up, short means thumbs down; or long means I support, short means I don’t. I’m going to start with — I’m going to give you about ten long-shorts.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Even if you could make money on a short, you can’t answer short.
URSULA BURNS: You can answer short, but you got to be careful about letting anybody else know that. They will bet against you. So legalization of pot?
SECRETARY CLINTON: Short in all senses of the word.

The exchange with Burns is part of an 80-page document containing the emails of John Podesta, her campaign manager. Campaign staffers have been working diligently to try and scrub embarrassing parts of the speeches, and this was one of them.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/le...n-all-senses-of-the-word/#zzbqL4TG3YSe0wbH.99
,.................................................................................

Many/most here seem to favor Hillary but she truly is the opposite of "what you see is what you get".
Now Trump is clearly, "what you see is what you get". What you see in Trump is really bad, but he's not hiding it.
But what we don't see in Hillary, the real Hillary, which is often the opposite of her carefully planned public persona is unknown and probably more scarey that Trump.

Hillary being for the "commoner" and "against those Wall Street tycoons" and on and on, is more disturbing to me. She is a conniving chameleon to her very core.

As an independent, I probably cannot stand to vote for either so likely a third party voter????

And those who say there is no objective way to pick Trump over her are mistaken as subjectivity plays a such key role here, as how can you objectively compare apples to oranges??
She is a rotten apple and he is a rotten orange, so which is better?
Both are disgusting choices to be the next prez :(

Peace, out

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
@AgentofChaos ,
thanks for posting that link.

During an on-stage Q & A session with Xerox’s chairman and CEO in March 2014, Clinton used Wall Street terminology to express her opposition to ending cannabis prohibition “in all senses of the word”:

URSULA BURNS: So long means thumbs up, short means thumbs down; or long means I support, short means I don’t. I’m going to start with — I’m going to give you about ten long-shorts.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Even if you could make money on a short, you can’t answer short.
URSULA BURNS: You can answer short, but you got to be careful about letting anybody else know that. They will bet against you. So legalization of pot?
SECRETARY CLINTON: Short in all senses of the word.

The exchange with Burns is part of an 80-page document containing the emails of John Podesta, her campaign manager. Campaign staffers have been working diligently to try and scrub embarrassing parts of the speeches, and this was one of them.
I'm sorry, but that makes so little sense to me, I hardly know where to start...

gangababa

I have an apple..
I have an orange ..
The orange is rotten..
The apple mealy..
Choice so distasteful..
or a stomach empty..
But all I want now..
is to eat a Kiwi

Hmm!! A moment of choking
Or a lifetime of torment

How shall I choose? What means exists to gain true knowledge of right actions?
Shall I take a national poll?
Should I trust expertise?
Shall I ask my friends because they are a true representation of USA (us all).

No, a thousand times no, I can do better than the scriptures, searchers, researchers, internets (sic), social-nets, streamed www.
I can be objective and subject my thoughts, feelings, opinions, words, deeds, desires, sensibilities, beliefs, emotions and experiences to the humbling, harsh spotlight of investigation, seeking to see my own sad shortcoming in subjectivity of limited personal experience in life.

Or I can eat the apple.
My choice. A bad taste or food poisoning.

Not to worry, mommy will save America.
Kittens Scratch
Adult puddy-tats kill
Women will wield the power in this king of the hill battle.

Those who have one, need to tell those who want one, you ain't getting none,
so long as you stink of trump.
medium_funny-tweety-bird-quotes-tweety.jpg

gangababa,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Now Trump is clearly, "what you see is what you get". What you see in Trump is really bad, but he's not hiding it.
Well, that's bullshit. What you see with Trump is only what he CAN'T hide. He hides everything else. And every time we do see something new that he was trying to hide it makes us nauseous or furious. He is even hiding his taxes fer Gaia's sake.

But what we don't see in Hillary, the real Hillary, which is often the opposite of her carefully planned public persona is unknown and probably more scarey that Trump.
I can't imagine anything scarier than Trump in the White House.

Hey, I get that you hate Hillary. I do. But Hillary knows how government works. She knows how to build coalitions. She knows how to deal with other nations. She cares about kids and women's rights and climate change and wealth inequality and healthcare and not letting the wealthiest keep all the profits from all the work of everybody else.

Oh, and yeah, the constitution. She has read it and knows what it demands.

Donald doesn't give a shit about any of that, and if there are any profits to be had he is sure they belong to him. He is a bully and a pervert and a misogynist to the highest degree, and HE is the one who belongs in jail.

I can NOT imagine a person more unfit than Donald Trump to live at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave accept for, possibly, Charlie Manson. Possibly.

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
No it's not.

"Now, as living standards decline amid Russia’s longest recession in two decades, Putin’s approval rating is falling, down to 80 percent this month. That's its lowest level in two years (and one that other global leaders can only dream of achieving) and it could go lower with discontent in the provinces that are the bedrock of Putin’s support."
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-26/putin-s-approval-rating-is-down-to-80

"Vladimir Putin’s approval rating is at record levels, with nine out of 10 Russians saying they have a positive view of their president. Putin had an approval of 87% in July, and an all-time high of 89% in June........"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/d...dimir-putins-approval-rating-at-record-levels

I can quote many other sources. Are those sources suspect? I guess in the whole scheme of things, everything about anything is suspect.

But please understand, I'm not suggesting that what your Russian friends have told you is not true.........for them. But like I said, such is the danger of anecdotal evidence. It would be like someone from Russia coming to the USA and interviewing a few people who said that they loved Trump and then going back to Russia and telling their friends that everyone in the USA loves Trump, eh?

You are kidding right? Putin had over 90% of the vote and you actually think that is realistic?
We disagree on this issue.

Silat,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

lwien

Just saw another speech from Michelle Obama and all I gotta say is this. With that kind of talent and charisma, it would be a shame if she never ran for the Presidency because the I see it, she would be a shoe-in.........without question. Her inspiration and nurturing character is just what our country needs.

She's one of the greatest orators that I've ever heard..............male or female.

Last edited:

BD9

Just saw another speech from Michelle Obama and all I gotta say is this. With that kind of talent and charisma, it would be a shame if she never ran for the Presidency because the I see, she would be shoe-in.........without question. Her inspiration and nurturing character is just what our country needs.

She's one of the greatest orators that I've ever heard..............male or female.

Damn it @lwien! you got me all in a tizzy (Wait. Do cool people say, 'tizzy' or just grandparents? I'm neither, but...) thinking about the possibilities. I haven't been this excited about politics since Bernie decided to run.

Obama/Warren? Obama/Booker? Obama/Duckworth? I could go on all day. I would vote for any of those tickets.

BD9,
Reactions: lwien

Tranquility

It seems the drumbeat for war is building. If you doubt it, read some foreign press on the matter in the middle east. Accusations are flying, Russian children are called back to the Motherland (Babaland?), nuclear-capable missiles are being moved forward in Europe, our Navy is getting shot at and the media speak only of our retaliation against missile sites without speaking of the humans there, the U.S. is being accused of letting 9000 ISIS members go so they can attack the Russians/Syrians, and the Trump of Russia (Zhirinovski) keeps talking nuclear war.

Who is the best to deal with such a situation?

A fool who wants to deal, or the one who got us here?

I've got to say, with the new nuclear war ad of the "daisy"-type (The 60's wants their issues back.) being run by Hillary, she certainly seems as though she is the most able to handle the issue.

grokit

well-worn member
These 25 answers are two weeks late today, and fully due on the 29th of this month.

The 25 questions Clinton must answer UNDER OATH on her secret server - including whether she directly ordered the destruction of thousands of missing messages
  • Conservative group Judicial Watch has presented Clinton with questions she must answer under court order by September 29.
  • The group tried but failed to force Clinton to have to testify
  • Instead, the former secretary of state will provide sworn responses
  • Questions probe Clinton's original decision to set up a private server – who she consulted about it and why she did it
  • Why was suggestion from Huma ignored?
  • Asked if she ever read memo that using Blackberry on State's top floor was 'highly vulnerable'
  • Quizzed on federal record keeping laws
  • Must reveal whether State officials ever asked about her private email for records searches
  • Pressed on 'matter of convenience' excuse
  • 'When did you decide to use a clintonemail.com email account to conduct official State Department business and whom did you consult in making this decision? '
  • Limited by federal rules to 25 questions
37BAB64F00000578-3765987-image-a-1_1472595430574.jpg

The questions and much more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-destruction-thousands-missing-messages.html

:myday:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
It seems the drumbeat for war is building. If you doubt it, read some foreign press on the matter in the middle east. Accusations are flying, Russian children are called back to the Motherland (Babaland?), nuclear-capable missiles are being moved forward in Europe, our Navy is getting shot at and the media speak only of our retaliation against missile sites without speaking of the humans there, the U.S. is being accused of letting 9000 ISIS members go so they can attack the Russians/Syrians, and the Trump of Russia (Zhirinovski) keeps talking nuclear war.

Who is the best to deal with such a situation?

A fool who wants to deal, or the one who got us here?

I'm not sure Trump is the best choice here but I do see your point.

Trump may express a desire to 'deal' but there's no telling how well that would work out....if at all. We could end up in a worse situation or not. This is one of many considerations when comparing the two and after everything I've seen and heard with Trump I couldn't possibly support him. Even if I disregard all the 'women' issues .... the myriad of other things he has said and done are just a bridge too far for me. Simply put....anyone who acts the way he does and presents himself in such a manner would be someone I would avoid like the plague in my social life. I keep wondering what I'm missing when it comes to self-respect and Trump supporters.

Lets level the playing field more and see what we have. Let's ass-u-me:
- Neither is guilty of things like womanizing or deleting emails.
- Both have the same intelligence level for dealing with the world of politics and being president. (Real stretch here but lets play the same anyway).

That leaves us with personality, ability to control yourself and publicly presenting yourself in a way that doesn't embarrass the country (let alone present the proper image for our children/others). I'd have to go with HRC. At least she wouldn't make me want to hide the president's personal appearances from kids.

grokit

well-worn member
:evil: Equal time for the drumpfster...

Wounded, delusional Donald Trump tells rally audience Hillary invaded his space at the debate

AP_16284066053524.jpg

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, right, speaks as Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump listens during the second presidential debate at Washington University in St. Louis, Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016.

Roughly 66.5 million people tuned in to watch the second presidential debate on Sunday night, and everyone watching noticed the unsettling way that Donald Trump kept creeping up on Hillary Clinton. It seemed simple enough: the audience was seated in a semi-circle around the candidates and when an audience member asked a question, Hillary would walk to where they were seated, look them in the eye, and deliver her response. It was obvious to everyone watching that Donald Trump bizarrely followed her around, looming behind her in an obvious attempt to intimidate. Social media and TV commentators were abuzz with his unsettling behavior:

The awkward situation during tonight's #debate as Donald Trump looms behind Hillary Clinton https://t.co/L0x1J3H8wb pic.twitter.com/IHC2sqt7Cw
— CNN (@CNN) October 10, 2016​

But thin-skinned Donald Trump does not like to be criticized and he certainly isn’t humble enough to recognize that he might’ve done something wrong, let alone apologize for it. He can never let even the smallest perceived slight go. So can it be a big surprise that he tried to spin the story to a crowd in Pennsylvania yesterday? Even for him, this was incredible spin. Do yourself a favor and read this entire riff (courtesy of CBS reporter Sopan Deb):

Cuih-ScW8AAMWfd.jpg

Who are you gonna believe? Me or your lying eyes?

Let’s take one last look:

What. Is. He. Doing. pic.twitter.com/6uE8sf09ul
— James West (@jameswest2010) October 10, 2

Tranquility

@OldNewbie - Makes perfect sense that HRC would 'put boots on his ground and invade his territory'. I'm surprised she didn't declare 'a no stroll zone' too.

EDIT: I hope the next debate is staged at a paintball venue :rofl:
I agree. I suspect all the psychological experts the campaign brought in came up with the strategy. Because of the prior thumping of Lazio for being a bully and closing the space years ago, she knew she would win not only by tweaking him in his space, but also by knowing how the press will handle things if he doesn't stand stoically at his podium.

Unlike Al Gore who may have lost when he approached on Bush without the desired effect, Hillary had nothing to lose. Well played.

grokit

well-worn member
Agreed, this whole election is a psy-op. We are being manipulated. The only way to preserve our union and avoid a nuclear wwiii is to elect the most distasteful candidate ever to run, for the ultimate public office.

It doesn't matter who wins at this point, because the american people have already lost :2c:

Top Bottom