The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

TelFiRE

Trump, Cruz and Rubio represent decline of the western civilization and must be stopped at all costs!!

That is literally violent extremist level rhetoric. You're not helping the situation any by escalating it and fighting violent rhetoric with violent rhetoric.

TelFiRE,
Reactions: steama

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@TelFiRE i think @steama was just being funny or sarcastic. I didn't take it as violent. Try not to take things so seriously. After that circus of a debate last night, the candidates were actually funny at certain times or rediculous might be a better word for it. They should be embarrassed.

Last edited:

TelFiRE

@TelFiRE i think @steama was just being funny or sarcastic. I didn't take it as violent. Try not to take things so seriously. After that circus of a debate last night, the candidates were actually funny at certain times or rediculous might be a better word for it. They should be embarrassed.

I'm not suggesting that steama is violent or had violence in mind with the comment. I'm saying that kind of rhetoric just ups the ante and makes this problem worse.

TelFiRE,

howie105

I'm not suggesting that steama is violent or had violence in mind with the comment. I'm saying that kind of rhetoric just ups the ante and makes this problem worse.

Welcome to the thread, hope you like reading other peoples take on the election. Rest assured that while we may not all agree on issues the vast majority of the participants support everyone’s right to express themselves as they see fit.

Chill Dude

That is literally violent extremist level rhetoric. You're not helping the situation any by escalating it and fighting violent rhetoric with violent rhetoric.

I don't know what you're talking about. Violent extremist rhetoric? I was just pointing out that IMO electing Trump, Cruz or Rubio would be bad for our country and would lead to a decline in American society. I don't think we should actually kill them LOL.

Look, there are many people who think any of the three above mentioned candidates would make an outstanding commander and chief...I'm just not one of them. Everyone is free to have their own opinion in this thread. If you want to voice your political opinion.. Then that's great, but to jump in the thread and accuse me of spewing " Violent Extremist Rhetoric" actually makes no sense and is really not cool

Gunky

To suggest those three would be responsible for the decline of civilization was obvious hyperbole, though it is no exaggeration to say they each have dangerous views and/or are dangerously inexperienced. In the debate Marco Rubio for ex tried to justify himself as having made some decision for which he had to be held accountable (Christie's jab) by citing his senate vote not to authorize Obama's proposed military action against Syria. He wants us to put nuclear buttons in his hands and this is the experience he cites, a cowardly vote in the Senate? * Pfooey! Robot boy needs another reboot.

*Ever after, he and his colleagues have blamed Obama for not taking miltary action.

Last edited:

CarolKing

I believe if any of the above candidates are elected, our country would regress 30 years. Hopefully everyone will be voting in their state's caucus.

We respect everyone's choice but most everybody is a democrat or an independent voter on this site.

Some of the gains far as cannabis and gay marriage will be taken away and that's just 2 progressive issues there's many more.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have never been a fan of Chris Christy. He is a textbook bully and his "tough guy" persona has always nauseated me to a greater or lesser extent. I personally think he is very dishonest as well, and he plays his constituents for suckers. Anyone who thinks he knew nothing about BridgeGate should probably make an offer on the bridge when I put it up for sale.

But even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and Christy was exactly right about Marco Rubio. He has accomplished NOTHING and is nothing but a pretty face...
------------------------
Rubio backers still struggling to find his accomplishments

02/15/16 11:20 AM—Updated 02/15/16 12:03 PM

The story was quickly overshadowed by Marco Rubio’s debate breakdown in New Hampshire, but just a few days prior, Rick Santorum, a prominent Rubio supporter, was asked on MSNBC to name even one accomplishment from the senator’s record. Santorum made a valiant effort, but he couldn’t think of anything.

On Friday, The Hill asked Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), who has also endorsed Rubio, to name something noteworthy that Rubio has actually done. “Well, he has, he has, brought issues out in the public so that the public is aware of the problems that exist,” Inhofe said in response.

Realizing that this wasn’t much of an answer, the Oklahoma Republican tried to elaborate.
“Now, specific, what has he done? He voted for, as I did, the NDAA, the National Defense Authorization Act, and he did it because, and there were several other senators who didn’t, two other senators who didn’t do it.”​
It’s hard to blame Senator Snowball for trying, but there are a couple of problems with this. The first is that voting for a spending bill isn’t an “accomplishment,” per se. It’s not the sort of thing that requires a great deal of effort.

The second problem, as the Huffington Post’s Jason Linkins explained, is that Rubio didn’t actually vote for the NDAA. The one thing Inhofe could come up with wasn’t even true – the Florida senator didn’t show up for work when it came time to approve the NDAA and send it to the White House for a signature.

In other words, asked to name a Rubio accomplishment, one of his high-profile Senate supporters came up with something Rubio didn’t actually do.

On “Fox News Sunday” yesterday, Chris Wallace asked Rubio about Jeb Bush’s argument that he “ran a big state eight years,” while senator “attends hearings.”

Rubio noted in response, “Foreign policy experience is doing as I did, leading the effort to impose additional sanctions on Hezbollah.”

That at least sounds like an accomplishment, except (1) the Hezbollah sanctions bill passed without opposition, so this was hardly a heavy lift; and (2) when it came time for the Senate to vote on the Hezbollah sanctions bill, Rubio again didn’t show up for work.

The senator and his allies will have to keep trying to think of something notable Rubio’s done after spending most of his adult life in public office.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I would prefer a candidate with prior political experience that doesn't cause my skin to crawl or the hairs on the back of my neck to stand straight up. Not asking for much here.

If I can't have the experience qualification ..... I'll settle for not causing my skin to crawl, the hairs on the back of my neck not raising in alarm and COMMON SENSE.

I think I just whittled the field down considerably.

CarolKing

I enjoyed the republican debate the other night more than any of the others. I had many favorite parts.

I loved it when Donald Trump was talking about "911". Tearing apart George W. Bush's presidency. Telling us what we all ready believe around here that we were lied to regarding going into Iraq. That we shouldn't have gone to war. Donald Trump was going after Jeb Bush. He was booed big time after he said that.

Chill Dude

I enjoyed the republican debate the other night more than any of the others. I had many favorite parts.

I loved it when Donald Trump was talking about "911". Tearing apart George W. Bush's presidency. Telling us what we all ready believe around here that we were lied to regarding going into Iraq. That we shouldn't have gone to war. Donald Trump was going after Jeb Bush. He was booed big time after he said that.

I wonder if that was a misstep for Trump? He attacked George W like a typical democratic candidate would. It will be interesting to see how that plays out in South Carolina where the Republican primary voters in general have a lot of love for W.. But, Trump seems to rise in the polls regardless of what he says.. So who knows what will happen..

CarolKing

I thought this was funny. He has the most annoying voice. He gets real sing song in his speaches during the debates. He probably gets that from his dad, he's a minister. He sounds similar to a minister. People like him is what gives religion/Christianity a bad name IMO.

4lg1lz.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
On the debate Saturday night I thought Dickerson, the moderator, was exactly right when he said, "Hold on gentlemen, I'm going to turn this car around". What parent hasn't had to warn the children in the back seat that they better behave or... else?

Sadly, these children have no fear of or respect for their parents...

CarolKing

Trump will siu Cruz if he doesn't apoligize for dirty handed politics in New Hampshire. He will sue to the fact that Cuz isn't a real American citizen. Trump was just interviewed on CNN.

I caught that part about "turning the car around". I'm looking forward to their next debate.

Edit
He was having a tantrum about it and about Jeb Bush regarding "911"and George W. again.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I wish he would ether sue him or STFU. I am soooo tired of the threats.

Besides, it might be fun. :)

I suspect the threat of the suit may be more effective than an actual suit that he might (and probably will) lose. And it doesn't cost anything...

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
The childish, caustic remarks, interruptions and facial expressions by Trump......I try to imagine him in a back and forth with other world leaders on the world stage and keep thinking.....this can't be happening.....

I get the anger and disgust for the political insiders/establishment. What I don't get....it's easy to envision the statements this fool will impart when decorum is called for. What's it gonna take before his supporters stop being entertained and wake the fuck up.

I can hear the asinine comments already....
- 'Putin, you think you're a tough guy. You're not.'
- 'Who let Kim Jong Un lead North Korea with a face like that'?, 'And what's with that wardrobe and haircut'?

The scary, sad part of those comments is that nobody would be surprised if he actually made them AND was proud of them.

Everyone seems to be wondering and waiting for the same thing....what could this man say that would finally go to far? I thought the John McCain statement was more than enough but it didn't even slow him down.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think he made it pretty clear what HE thinks. "I Could Stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and Shoot Somebody and I Wouldn’t Lose Any Voters". He clearly thinks there is NOTHING he could do that would turn away his core voters, and I think he's right.

Fortunately, that is 10% to 20% of the republican electorate, which is nowhere NEAR enough to win an election. But it IS enough to crash the republicans party...

grokit

well-worn member
Just in case there was any doubt about where senator sanders stands on big pharma:

Senator Bernie Sanders Blocks Obama’s FDA Nominee For Big Pharma Ties

“Dr. Califf’s extensive ties to the pharmaceutical industry give me no reason to believe that he would make the FDA work for ordinary Americans, rather than just the CEOs of pharmaceutical companies.”

That’s what Bernie Sanders had to say about his decision to stall the confirmation of President Obama’s Food and Drug Administration nominee Dr. Robert Califf.

Dr. Califf, a cardiologist and researcher who joined the FDA a year ago, previously held senior positions at Duke University, founding and overseeing a large academic research center that received enormous amounts of funding from the drug industry.

Senator Sanders’ block, or “hold” as its formally called, prevents Dr. Califf’s confirmation vote from being held. It’s a move not widely favored by some in government.

“It would be very undemocratic not to let the other senators have their say,” said Peter Pitts, a former associate commissioner for external affairs at the FDA and current president of the Center for Medicine in the Public Interest.

The Department of Health and Human Services, who would be overseeing the FDA, is also not amused by the move.

“[Califf] is the right person with the right experience to build on the FDA’s unsurpassed record of protecting public health while encouraging innovation and the introduction of new life-saving therapies to the market,” said Kevin Griffis, a spokesman from the department. “We would like to see him confirmed as quickly as possible.”

Sanders shared Senator Markey’s concerns about the FDA’s blase approach to opioids, demanding the department overhaul its approach.

“Too many Americans are dying from what has become an opioid epidemic,” Sanders said in a statement. And while the FDA doesn’t control drug prices, Sanders called big pharma out on it.

“At a time when millions of Americans cannot afford to purchase the prescription drugs they require, we need a leader at the FDA who is prepared to stand up to the drug companies,” said Sanders.

The FDA intends to have Dr. Califf and Senator Sanders meet personally in the hopes the hold won’t slow the process down.

http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/sanders-blocks-fda/

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This is SO Bernie Sanders. And why I would never CHOOSE to vote for him. Blocking the Presidents pick for the FDA because he has "no reason to believe that he would make the FDA work for ordinary Americans". Does he have reason to believe he wouldn't? He doesn't say. So, where does Bernie think FDA executives should come from? The clothing industry? The auto industry? God forbid you pick someone who works and has an outstanding reputation in the industry you want him to oversee...

I get Bernie's interest in looking like he is looking out for us, but I just don't believe that obstructionism like this serves anyone. Normally it is only Republicans blocking the Presidents efforts. I'm a little surprised Bernie wants in to that club...

cybrguy,
Top Bottom