The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

grokit

well-worn member
Why do you think that?
Cruz is one of the most hated politicians ever, and nobody wants another Bush.

Because the GOP knows this is their last chance, as demographics aren't on their side.

Because trump transcends politics, as america is rejecting its politicians.

And because we re-elected dubya wtf :bang: :borg: :doh:!

Also don't underestimate out the right-wing church vote, the gop really needs it:

Donald Trump has called the Bible "The Book, it is the thing."

In fact, he collects Bibles because he claims so many people send him Bibles. Trump says he saves and stores them because, "There's no way I would do anything negative to a Bible."

Trump has praised evangelical leaders Tony Perkins and Ralph Reed, saying "they have great reputations."
In 2011 Trump declared, "I recently spoke to Ralph Reed and Tony Perkins and I was really impressed, they have great reputations and I have been hearing about them for years." He added that they were "smart people."

And not just conservative christians, he's also (of course) locked down the neo-nazi vote:
http://samuel-warde.com/2015/12/trump-endorsed-and-praised/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+SamuelWarde+(Samuel+Wynn+Warde)

Fuck idk; what was the question again?

:argh:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hillary represents the political class that's being rejected en masse, on both sides of the spectrum. If she's nominated, and sanders runs as an independent or even if he just decides not to endorse her, the democrats will be split along a variety of issues. This includes but is certainly not limited to gun control, as daesh is now attacking america's "gun-free zones", and there is no perception of a strategy in place to protect us.
While it may look like that from a college campus, that isn't whats happening in the real world as the polls show. And, sadly, college students don't vote very much anyway which weakens the effect even more. Sanders will NOT be running as an independent when Hillary wins the nomination because he really can't. If he thought he could he would already be doing it as his relationship to the Democratic party is tenuous. And to try it after failing in the primary he would just look like a sore loser and he knows that. And he also knows that it would help the republican, and he is too smart and cares too much for that.

So, Grokit, I gotta ask you. When the options are Trump or Hillary, or Trump or Rubio or Hillary, would you really not vote? Or will you write in Bernie? Or vote for the Republican?
I'm not looking for trouble, I am honestly curious. You seem too into it to not vote, I'm guessing you would probably write in Bernie.

Feel free to decline if you prefer as who one votes for is a private matter, but I am curious. I don't think anyone needs to wonder where my allegiance lies.

cybrguy,

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
People said Sara Palin "transcends politics" also.

I don't think my understanding of the definition is correct.

Joel W.,
Reactions: howie105

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Far as the Republican polling is concerned, I think most that are replying to the polls are the Tea Party fanatics. I don't think polls are that accurate.

The Republican Party is in the process of reinventing itself, we will see what they end up with. It seems to be a very fractured party. George Bush and Dick Cheny really damaged the party, then with the McCain/Palin ticket 7 years ago what a fiasco. America has a short memory but it's still in the minds of many voters.

You may even see some folks voting for the other side.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The Donald Trump Campaign. Making friends and influencing people...

Katrina Pierson, a spokesperson for Donald Trump’s campaign, argued this morning on CNN that her boss’ proposed Muslim ban has merit because “never in United States history have we allowed insurgents to come across these borders.” Reminded that Trump’s policy would block lots of peaceful people who have nothing to do with violence, the spokesperson was unmoved.
“So what?” Pierson replied. “They’re Muslim.”

This woman is a perfect surrogate for Donald Trump.

grokit

well-worn member
Many of the sheeple that spend their sundays in buildings with steeples are all set for a holy war, and they vote like no other demographic. They also think obama is a muslim sleeper agent, really just google it.

edit: It doesn't help things much, that they are also praying for an apocalyptic renewal of america :mental:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That doesn't always work in Donald's favor. The ones who are actually religious rather than just ideological know quite well that Trump's message is completely incompatible with that of Jesus, if one believes what is written about Him...

grokit

well-worn member
Yes that's an issue, but it's also an issue that many if not most fundamental/evangelical protestants think the catholic pope is an agent of satan, or islam, or obama, it's all the same to them :uhh:

edit:
warrior-jesus.jpg

Don't forget that many of these people live in the southern states,
and are still fighting the civil war :disgust:

Last edited:

CarolKing

It seems like most of the Christian fundamentalist political groups are really opposite as to what it says how Christians need to live. It portrays about the person Jesus in the Bible to give to those that are less fortunate and how we are to love and protect one another.

Many Republican religious groups seem to do a lot of hating. They need to read their Bibles. Maybe it's how they perceive it to say.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think it is reasonable to say that fundamentalism of nearly ANY kind is bad. Any social system that rejects progressive change and insists on stasis is doomed to lose its relevance and promise as the world changes. Or at least it seems to me...

grokit

well-worn member
I think it is reasonable to say that fundamentalism of nearly ANY kind is bad.
It always bothered me when I would hear Geoge W Bush say when he was in office that God talked to him and told him to run for office as president.
Agreed, but just try and fight a war without religion (ask the russians about that one):goon:

Far as the Republican polling is concerned, I think most that are replying to the polls are the Tea Party fanatics. I don't think polls are that accurate.
I don't think the democrat polling is accurate either!

edit: time for some john lennon quotes.

“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That’s what’s insane about it.”

“We all have Hitler in us, but we also have love and peace. So why not give peace a chance for once?”

:horse:

ss-091214-TIME-POY-2000.jpeg
Trump's up next, gotta love
hate time magazine :tup:
2VUyON2.png

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Person of the year at time is not an endorsement. Osama Bin Laden was person of the year once. The person of the year is meant to reflect their influence.

From Wiki "profiles a person, group, idea or object that "for better or for worse...has done the most to influence the events of the year"

On that basis Trump would NOT be inappropriate.

grokit

well-worn member
Trump would NOT be inappropriate.
Which is exactly my point -- look at these past winners and he fits right in :tup:
Not just sanders, but pope francis also polled way above trump and didn't make the cut :\
And I thought I hated time magazine just because they run >1,000 java scripts on every webpage :rolleyes:

edit:
Either western illinois university's wrong for the first time ever, or sanders wins :tup:

Bernie Sanders Wins 100% Accurate Mock Election

:clap:

Last edited:
grokit,

CarolKing

Donald Trump bought the rights to Jebbush.com. He keeps showing us how unpresidential he is with these outrageous stunts. When you type that in it goes to Donald Trumps website. This guy just shows over and over again that he doesn't have the ability to be president of the United States. He keeps putting out these childish and dangerous statements to the media.

I wish he would go away. Please somebody come up with something to disqualify him.

Sd6z9y3.jpg

Last edited:

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Donald Trump bought the rights to Jebbush.com. He keeps showing us how unpresidential he is with these outrageous stunts. When you type that in it goes to Donald Trumps website. This guy just shows over and over again that he doesn't have the ability to be president of the United States. He keeps putting out these childish and dangerous statements to the media.

I wish he would go away. Please somebody come up with something to disqualify him.

Sd6z9y3.jpg
SHOW ME THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE!

howie105

I hear that, claimed accuracy in polls can be a very debatable claim. Polls often show whatever result is requested by the check writer.

howie105,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I'm walking through my living room and 'The View' is on the TV and I hear.....

'If you ask who will win the democratic nomination people say it will be Hillary'. 'If you ask the same people if they trust Hillary they say 'No'.

The View is a daytime talk show and not exactly where I go for my political factoids but I didn't like the sound of the that statement. Not saying Hillary is untrustworthy ... just saying that the feeling that the consensus might not trust Hillary could have merit.

KimDracula

I think it's because of the non-scandal scandals like her emails and Benghazi affecting those who don't really follow what is actually happening in politics. When you combine that with her being a Clinton and so many buying into the false equivalency of the Clinton and Bush "dynasties" and those that just dislike those on the more Liberal spectrum, you get the general "Hillary can't be trusted" vibe. She is also, after all, a career politician in the Year of the "Outsider". I don't tend to put much stock in it, but I am worried about some of the Sanders followers when he likely loses the nomination. I just hope that voters who vote Democrat realize how this could open the door for a Republican president. I don't think you have to be that passionate about a Dem candidate. You just need to cast a vote against the wrong side.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Personally I think women are better suited for politics anyway, but that is a topic for another thread. I have no problem trusting the Clinton's, either one. The only thing I know they have actively and intentionally lied to me about was none of my business anyway, and that wasn't Hillary.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
And she is a WOMAN, after all, and inherently untrustworthy and weak.

I've never heard the stereotype that woman are untrustworthy....is this a thing? My stereotype is actually the opposite. I thought men were less trustworthy. Do I need to adjust my stereotypes?

Edit: Just to be clear I'm not implying that you believe that stereotype.

His_Highness,
Reactions: cybrguy

Gunky

A good article in Slate demonstrating why you should never vote republican again:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._anti_muslim_rhetoric_is_beyond_shameful.html

As Fareed Zakaria observed recently, most of the non-Trump repubs are pretty much Trump-lite now.

Compare our current crop of Repubs with Thomas Jefferson: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ther-founding-fathers-defended-muslim-rights/

Do you really want more Supreme Court justices like Scalia? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2015/12/10/harry-reid-rips-antonin-scalia-says-he-endorsed-racist-ideas-from-bench/

Last edited:
Top Bottom