The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

ReggieB

More conflation before confirmation, the state department said they 'could' be related to benghazi, they also might have already been released. It seems to me that anyone can make an foia request using broad/loose terms, then turn the results into something before they're able to be checked or verified.

quote:
“Using broad search terms, we have identified approximately 30 documents potentially responsive to a Benghazi-related request. At this time, we have not confirmed that the documents are, in fact, responsive, or whether they are duplicates of materials already provided to the Department by former Secretary Clinton in December 2014,” said State Department spokesman John Kirby.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Fair enough. Time will tell but they don't sound like yoga emails. :)

Also, I was not asking FC to admit there is a problem btw, that was in reference to Donny's comment in the video , "Yes, she is untrustworthy."

There is also a new "pay to play" Disney email out.

Edit: Also, the right is now screaming that Clinton sent classified information from her server, after she left the State Dept. Fyi..

Last edited:

ReggieB

They sound like a bunch of emails that may or may not be related to benghazi :-D Everything else is speculation... Which is the point, it's all speculation until you get to see them.

I didn't think you were trying to get anyone to admit anything and which one is donny?

The thing is, most people (including her) do think that she did something wrong but the devil is in the detail of how proportionate the response has been/will be, is it millions of dollars on enquiries worth of wrong?

It also makes me chuckle that people are making this distinction over 'she lied under oath', like it has some higher standard than just plain lying, which in the cold light of day is something all politicians do at some point with the impact being far larger than a bunch of emails and some butthurt politicos and their faux outrage well paid opinion pieces. Kick her for something she's done, not something she may or may not have done, people see '30 emails, benghazi' because that's the way it's framed.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
A Personal Note About Donald Trump’s Candidacy
by Nancy LeTourneau
September 1, 2016 10:55 AM

When I listen to a speech like the one Donald Trump gave in Arizona last night, my immediate reaction is to go into fact-check mode and try to point out all of the hypocrisies and the lies he is telling. But that doesn’t change much of anything and becomes a bit of a distraction from what is really going on here. I have to say that the editorial board at the New York Times really nailed it today.

By now we should all know better than to take what Mr. Trump says on any given Wednesday as somehow truer than what he said the previous Wednesday, or will say the following Wednesday, and whether what he tells the Mexican president or a crowd in Phoenix is more honest than what he says at a presidential debate or in a campaign ad.

The details may change. Mr. Trump and his surrogates may talk about a real or “virtual” border wall, electronic workplace verification, this or that entry-exit system, an aggressive deportation force or more gradual “attrition through enforcement.” They may talk about legalization someday, years from now, or never. Those talking points ultimately don’t matter — a President Trump wouldn’t have the resources to deport 11 million people. He has no workable plan to seal the border, build a wall or repair the economy once he destroys it by devastating the immigrant work force. He would, however, be able to make millions of immigrants miserable, and break up their families, and damage the country…

Arizona, home of Minutemen vigilantes and a powerful grass-roots immigrant-rights movement, has long been a national bellwether on immigration policy. It was a fitting backdrop to Mr. Trump’s hollow proposals, and his relentless lies about the dangers that immigrants pose to the lives of “our American citizens.” Tornadoes are hollow at the center, too, and they do a lot of damage.​

That hit a personal note with me. It made me realize that it was finally time to write about something that has been rolling around in my head for the last couple of weeks. I had lunch with a friend and former co-worker who is a child and family therapist for a local HMO. She recounted stories of immigrant children she is currently working with who are American citizens but whose anxiety about the possible deportation of their parents is becoming a mental health issue. She also said that in her 30+ years as a family therapist, she’s never experienced so many people needing to talk about what is going on in this election. It has gotten so pronounced that she and a co-worker have decided that they need to bring it up in their group consultation. As professional therapists, they recognize that talking about politics with clients is usually unethical. But this election is different. People need to talk about how is it affecting them.

As the feminists in the 60’s and 70’s so wisely said…the personal is political. That has never been more true than it is right now. The one thing I’d add to what the NYT editorial board wrote is that this is not just about the potential damage a Trump presidency would do. It is also about the damage his candidacy is doing to people right now.

Pundits are meant to analyze policy and write about the political horse race. But I need to say that this kind of hate is personal for me. People’s lives are being damaged by our current political dialogue. Perhaps if we notice and say so, they won’t feel so alone.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
In my life I've been for the underdog. Those that need a help up and those groups that are bullied. Depending who Trump is talking about depends upon how he acts. We saw his two speeches yesterday. The first one he had he was trying to act like a president by reading his script. Also he was so polite, because he wants something. He never doubled down with the president of Mexico and say he expected them to pay for the wall.

Then later in Arizona he yelled, was red faced and acted angry demanding that he's building a wall and Mexico will pay for it. His fire and brimstone type of speech he gives to the haters. He would talk respectful about the Mexican people then with the same breath he was angry at them, acting hateful. He's so all over the map with his ideas and plans you really don't know what he will eventually do.

He's blaming Mexico for all of our problems. Will there be concentration camps? What kind of questions on this "ideological test?" We better hope that this piece of sh#t doesn't get into office.

I refuse to live in the America that Trump was talking about. I really believe he is unbalanced. Why make an issue about Mexican immigrants in the beginning? There are so much more important problems. It looks like they are doing a pretty good job at the boarders already. Really how many Americans are killed by Hispanics? Get real.

Trump is the school yard bully that never was taught the lesson that he richly deserved. His mom and dad fixed everything for him. He has no idea what it's like to go without. Maybe without love, I don't know? You know he would turn on his kids like a dime if they didn't do what he wants or told family secrets. I think they realize that.

Edit
So even if these people are born here, they are still not a legal citizen? There's two Trumps, you never know which one will show up? I will be curious what the president of Mexico is saying now? It looks to me as if t he was doubled crossed.

Last edited:

Gunky

As Trump plays at being Donald the Deporter, thousands upon thousands of children, American citizens born in this country, are wondering and worrying if their parents (and these children along with them if Trump has his way) will be deported. Trump makes daily threats to the stability and well-being of these children's lives. Why? Because he thinks that helps him. Fuckin Trump. Cruel bastard. It is my fervent hope that he will go someplace boring and blow dogs.

Last edited:

lwien

Really how many Americans are killed by Hispanics? Get real.

And THAT was the thrust of his speech yesterday by drumming up fears of the HORDES of illegal immigrants that are roaming your neighborhoods so that they can kill you as a justification for his immigration plans.

To me, what is scarier than Trump are the millions of people who actually believe what he is saying.

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
... "If I told you that Democratic Party lobbyist Tony Podesta, whose brother John Podesta chairs Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, is a registered foreign agent on the Saudi government’s payroll, you’d probably think I was a Trump-thumping, conspiratorial nutcase. But it’s true. " ...
There is NOTHING anyone could tell me about Clinton or her staff that would get me to vote for Trump or anyone else who is currently running.
... the millions of people who actually believe what he is saying.
I was saying to my husband last night that if he's assassinated, it'll be one of those believers who do it.

Gunky

-snip-

To me, what is scarier than Trump are the millions of people who actually believe what he is saying.
Yep. Luckily these attitudes appear to taper off drastically among the young. So Trump supporters are a problem for the GOP and all of us now but they are a minority and will age out of the picture pretty soon, given demographic trends.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
There are 5 major (lol) political parties here but you really never hear about the libertarians, Green or Constitutional parties.

Trump has a way of getting all the coverage for free.
Mediabuy.jpg

Umm you may have noticed that the GOP is quite the libertarian enclave.
Pauls, Ryans, Kochs etc...

Its in the official reports that you do not care to read. Monica admitted it! Look it up yourself, its a matter of public record. I have already provided links in this thread for source materials well and beyond what you guys do. And I have no left/right/altright/whatever agenda.

Just link me to the evidence. I have searched and find no reference to your charge.

Last edited by a moderator:

lwien

And your denial of an agenda is laughable.

Don't do that, @Silat. You must know that a statement like that will encourage a rebuttal in kind and the last thing this thread needs is one person pushing the buttons of another. Disagreeing and explaining why you disagree with someone else's statement is one thing. Labeling their statements, such as you did with the word "laughable" is quite another.

And yeah, I know. I'm not a mod but rather just a member who wants to see this thread remain active.

Silat

Don't do that, @Silat. You must know that a statement like that will encourage a rebuttal in kind and the last thing this thread needs is one person pushing the buttons of another. Disagreeing and explaining why you disagree with someone else's statement is one thing. Labeling their statements, such as you did with the word "laughable" is quite another.

And yeah, I know. I'm not a mod but rather just a member who wants to see this thread remain active.
Edited. I thought it was ok as he said I made things up and nothing was said.

grokit

well-worn member
If you read drudge report, it's a done deal drumpf has already won.

And in progressive circles, it's not much better... this is literally murder incorporated.

Hillary Clinton, the Podesta Group and the Saudi Regime: A Fatal Ménage à Trois

hillary_clinton_saudi_connection.jpg

Hillary Clinton and Saudi Arabian Defense Minister Prince Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud prior to a State Department meeting in 2012. (Photo: Alex Wong/Getty Images)

If I told you that Democratic Party lobbyist Tony Podesta, whose brother John Podesta chairs Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, is a registered foreign agent on the Saudi government’s payroll, you’d probably think I was a Trump-thumping, conspiratorial nutcase. But it’s true.

The Podesta-Clinton-Saudi connection should be seen in light of the recent media exposes revealing the taudry pay-to-play nature of the Clinton Foundation. Top on the list of foreign donors to the foundation is Saudi Arabia, which contributed between $10 million and $25 million.

What did the Saudis get for their largesse and access?

Wikileaks revealed a 2009 cable by then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton saying:"More needs to be done since Saudi Arabia remains a critical financial support base for Al Qaeda, the Taliban, Lashkar e-Tayyiba and other terrorist groups." Instead of sanctioning the Saudis, Clinton did the opposite: She authorized enormous quantities of weapons to be sold to them. On Christmas Eve in 2011, Hillary Clinton and her closest aides celebrated a massive $29.4 billion sale to the Saudis of over 80 F-15 fighter jets, manufactured by Boeing, a company which coincidentally contributed $900,000 to the Clinton Foundation. In a chain of enthusiastic emails, an aide exclaimed that it was “not a bad Christmas present.” I’m sure the Yemenis at the receiving end of the Saudi bombings would not be so enthusiastic.

more:
http://www.commondreams.org/views/2...sta-group-and-saudi-regime-fatal-menage-trois

:myday:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
With the Saudi's money wasn't a lot of good done? I've read and heard the overhead cost with the Clinton Foundation is pretty low. Most of the money goes to help people. It gets a lot of good comments from a lot of people and they aren't all democrats.

Can't money from bad people go for good things? Sometimes in my job and life I have to deal with ass holes and be nice and pretend that I like them. Maybe not on the scales of a world leader.

I think Trump knows he can't build the wall.

Edit
I'm curious what will happen if illegal citizens refuse to leave?

I think yesterday gave us a good window of what we would see in a Trump presidency.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I just look at how haiti went, and smfh :disgust:

edit: It's not just haiti, it's systemic imo. Remember the 2008 financial crisis/meltdown/bailouts? The ratings agencies said as it was happening that everything was fine, so wall st could keep selling bogus securities. These are the same kind of agencies that rate our major charities, so the dumb money keeps flowing in.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/hillary-clinton-email-213110

Last edited:

lwien

Sometimes in my job and life I have to deal with ass holes and be nice and pretend that I like them.

Don't we all? This is especially true at once a year family get-to-together Thanksgiving dinners, eh. At least, that's been my experience.

I was also a retail salesman for awhile and being nice to assholes was part of the job description.

Silat

I just look at how haiti went, and smfh :disgust:

edit: It's not just haiti it's systemic.

Remember the 2008 financial crisis? The ratings agencies said as it was happening that everything was fine so wall st could keep selling bogus securities. These are the same kind of agencies that rate our major charities, so the dumb money keeps flowing in.

I have read your link and many others. I do not see the issue. Every organization had issues in Haiti. It was a mess. Not sure how Hillary is responsible for that.

grokit

well-worn member
And that letter validates my post. I see nothing there that implicates the Clinton Foundation or Hillary in the problems in Haiti.
Chelsea clearly thinks that their oversight could have provided more accountability. I agree that it's nothing compared to the saudi pay for play scandals currently unfolding. Wikileaks is the gift that keeps on giving!

Top Bottom