The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

Gunky

I'm upset that we are just finding all this info now about Hillary. I'm assuming the republicans chose now because the primary is almost over. The timing is suspicious.
Actually the timing isn't too bad. By November the email biz will be ancient history. People who have Clinton Derangement Syndrome and find their bias confirmed by this weren't going to vote for her anyway, this changes nothing there. People who are open-minded about Clinton are unlikely to change their vote because the State Department Inspector General's office slapped her hands over not following the then-current best practices for record-preservation in regards to email.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There are presidential duties Trump ‘doesn’t want to do’
05/26/16 10:45 AM

Paul Manafort, a controversial Republican lobbyist, joined Donald Trump’s team in late March, and at least initially, his task was to help oversee delegate recruiting. It wasn’t long, however, before Manafort worked his way up to effectively running the entire operation: less than two months after joining the campaign, he’s now Trump’s campaign chairman and chief strategist.

Yesterday, Manafort sat down with the Huffington Post’s Howard Fineman for a fairly long interview, and while the two covered quite a bit of ground, there was one exchange in particular that stood out for me.

The vice presidential pick will also be part of the process of proving he’s ready for the White House, Manafort said.

“He needs an experienced person to do the part of the job he doesn’t want to do. He seems himself more as the chairman of the board, than even the CEO, let alone the COO.”

This is no small acknowledgement. For months, it’s been clear that Trump has no meaningful understanding of public policy or even how government works at a basic level.

By any fair measure, his ignorance and incompetence about affairs of state is unlike anything Americans have ever seen in a major-party presidential candidate. The question has long been when we can expect Trump to get up to speed.

And the answer is, he has no intention of doing any such thing. Day-to-governing and overseeing the executive branch are apparently represent “the part of the job he doesn’t want to do.”

President Trump, in other words, would prefer to be more of a big-picture kind of guy who isn’t overly concerned about details and roll-up-your-sleeves kind of work.

As for who, exactly, might be the best person to “do the part of the job he doesn’t want to do,” Manafort added that there’s a “long list” filled with contenders who have “major problems.”

We should not, however, expect to see diversity on the Republican ticket. Choosing a woman or a member of a minority group to run as vice president, Manafort said, “would be viewed as pandering, I think.”

As for what else we learned from the interview:
* Manafort thinks Trump will be elected president easily. “This is not a hard race,” he said.
* The campaign chairman believes Trump may “moderate” his proposed Muslim ban a little.
* We shouldn’t expect to ever see Trump’s tax returns.
* Manafort believes Trump won’t budge on building a border wall: “He is going to build a wall. That is a core thing with him.”

As for the GOP candidate’s ability to demonstrate his preparedness for the Oval Office, Manafort added, “Does he know enough? Yes, because he knows he has more to learn.”

I’m honestly not sure what that means – it sounds like he’s saying Trump knows enough because he doesn’t know enough – but in Trump Land, making sense is generally an annoyance that’s better left to others.

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
Per Rachel Maddow last night, "the then-current best practices for record-preservation in regards to email" (quoting @Gunky) would've been to print each one and put hard copies in boxes. It's like a bad joke. There's a video accessible through the link below but I can't post it using the media embedding here.

Clinton e-mail report illustrates antiquated IT system
Rachel Maddow looks at how a new inspector general's report on Hillary Clinton's violation of State Department e-mail rules describes the archaic archiving system Clinton was supposed to have followed.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/clinton-e-mail-report-shows-broken-it-system-693093443953

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Actuaof itsy the timing isn't too bad. By November the email biz will be ancient history. People who have Clinton Derangement Syndrome and find their bias confirmed by this weren't going to vote for her anyway, this changes nothing there. People who are open-minded about Clinton are unlikely to change their vote because the State Department Inspector General's office slapped her hands over not following the then-current best practices for record-preservation in regards to email.
Yeah, I have "Clinton Derangement Syndrome", but if it's a choice between her and shit hook Trump, I'll vote Hillary... if I vote at all.

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
Yeah. I'm hoping Trump will revert to his democratic ways and it did seem like it after he made some comments regarding people needing more in wages. But I think he later said he still wouldn't raise minimum wage at the federal level. Plus this whole build a wall thing seems wasteful. Last I'd heard we had negative immigration from Mexico. Surely that says something to the establishment. Not even people who are being terrorized by drug dealers want to live in our republic.

I don't know if I can vote for Clinton after all the mud slinging that has stuck to her in my mind. When I voted for Jill Stein last time I'd had an inspiring moment of the population participating and voting Green en masse in my imagination. It looks like a more real possibility with this election. I'll keep throwing my vote away until enough people do so to matter, assuming Bernie can't somehow get the nomination.

I grew up thinking Democrats were good and helped the working poor. By the time I got of age it seemed like they'd been the ones who sold us out. While the Republicans also did so they were so blatant as to not make me wonder if they were for me.

I'd rather throw my vote behind a candidate I can believe in. What good is someone at the wheel who won't do what's good for the majority of us. It's all or nothing and always has been in my mind, even before it was Bernie or Bust.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I just heard that the federal government is paying for police protection in these cities during the rioting. Your tax dollars at work America. They need to bill Donald Trump the 10 billion dollar billionaire.

I'm confused by this, don't taxes pay for the police force as is? When Donald Trump came to Pittsburgh, my tax dollars paid for all the police that were lining the street? The NM residents paid for the police at the NM rallies because they are NM residents? Right?

Something that maybe is just unspoken, but there are a lot of rallies on both sides, where they are entirely peaceful and totally A-OK. The media/cameras only start rolling when theirs a story to be sensationalized.

BUT, I'd argue that Hilary Clinton should pay for the damages incurred at the Trump rally. Or Bernie. Whoever. Trump can pay for the damages that protesters cause at the Hilary/Bernie rallies.

I don't think liberals protesting violenting against Trump is going to win him the WH or anything like that, but I always seem to see the excuse that Trump makes them "angry" enough to lash out? Why would I ever respect or put any stock into the political opinion of some zealot who can't even protest responsibly and similarly the people who defend/excuse that? Obviously not everyone is like that, and it's only a small portion of the Bernie/Hilary/Trump supporters who are being violent, but just in reading the news today I've seen quite a lot of excusing for the actions of people in NM, and its pretty damning to their point IMO.

How do you know what she felt like? There you go again applying prejudice regarding her character rather than evidence. She continued the practice of previous secretaries of state and appears to have been motivated by convenience: she wanted to only carry one device.

There you go again applying prejudice regarding her character rather than evidence. How do you know it was a matter of convenience?

The fact is regardless as to whatever rationale, whether you feel it was a matter of convenience, or a matter of being above the rules, the fact is she broke the rules. We don't know if she felt she was above the rules, but her actions of breaking the rules seems to paint a pretty obvious picture that the rules didn't apply to her. If not, she would of followed the rules.

"Feel like they're above the rules" is a pretty common expression....you getting hung up on CK saying "feel" and interpretting that as applying prejudice to her character seems like..........a very.....see my above comments on "damning to their point". Because, she acted above the rules, regardless of whatever rationale about archaic systems. LOL at that though, she's going to get roasted if those are the best excuses she can come up with.

I grew up thinking Democrats were good and helped the working poor. By the time I got of age it seemed like they'd been the ones who sold us out. While the Republicans also did so they were so blatant as to not make me wonder if they were for me.

This is not 100% related, but this reminded me of a phrase I've heard before:

"If you're not a liberal when you're young, you're cold hearted. If you're not conservative when you're older, you're lacking head"

I don't mean that as an insult to all the old left leaners here, but him saying he grew up thinking Democrats of helping the working poor reminded me of it.

thisperson

I somehow went from the FDA Regulations Rules thread (please see here) to the Samantha Bee show. I'd never heard her news show so I saw a related video for what happened in Nevada's Convention and I saw she didn't properly explain the Roberta's vs Robert's Rules ruling. Which is critical in understanding that event. But while briefly scanning at the comments I saw someone who mentioned Jeffrey Epstein and Bill Clinton. I'd never heard of him. So I googled those two to see what came up. The result was mind boggling.

The first three results on google were quite interesting.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/10/bill-clintons-fbi-head-is/

Then somehow Donald Trump came up in the second search result.

https://news.vice.com/article/the-s...-a-fight-against-hillary-clinton-bill-clinton

This Jeffrey Epstein guy appears to have been filth. Yet they associated with him. Just thought you guys should know. Considering it involves one candidate and the spouse of another.

This third article just made me laugh and cheered me up after the first two downers.

Edit: I just found this vid. Check it out.

Last edited:

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
"What she was seeking to hide so ardently remains one of the big unanswered questions in EmailGate. Hints may be found in the recent announcement that Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, the former head of the Democratic National Committee and a longtime Clinton intimate, is under FBI investigation for financial misdeeds, specifically dirty money coming from China. In fact, Mr. McAulliffe invited one of his Beijing benefactors over to Ms. Clinton’s house in 2013. Not long after, Chinese investors donated $2 million to the Clinton Foundation.

That an illegal pay-for-play-scheme, with donations to the Clinton Foundation being rewarded by political favors from Hillary Clinton—who when she was secretary of state had an enormous ability to grant favors to foreign bidders—existed at the heart of EmailGate has been widely suspected, and we know the FBI is investigating this case as political corruption, not just for mishandling of classified information. That certainly would be something Ms. Clinton would not have wanted the public to find out about via FOIA."

My guess as to "why use a private server ?". ,since there were no takers ..

Link

neverforget711

I somehow went from the FDA Regulations Rules thread (please see here) to the Samantha Bee show. I'd never heard her news show so I saw a related video for what happened in Nevada's Convention and I saw she didn't properly explain the Roberta's vs Robert's Rules ruling. Which is critical in understanding that event. But while briefly scanning at the comments I saw someone who mentioned Jeffrey Epstein and Bill Clinton. I'd never heard of him. So I googled those two to see what came up. The result was mind boggling.

The first three results on google were quite interesting.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/10/bill-clintons-fbi-head-is/

Then somehow Donald Trump came up in the second search result.

https://news.vice.com/article/the-s...-a-fight-against-hillary-clinton-bill-clinton

This Jeffrey Epstein guy appears to have been filth. Yet they associated with him. Just thought you guys should know. Considering it involves one candidate and the spouse of another.

This third article just made me laugh and cheered me up after the first two downers.

Edit: I just found this vid. Check it out.

The Epstein connection is something Trump is savvy to, he banned him from Maralago for flirting with the underaged. It is the scorched earth nuclear option if it had to be brandished. Of course Hilary's team is going to be unwise enough to make them but that's a few episodes from now.

Last edited:

TeeJay1952

Live Life
Kinks
Have you heard about trouble throughout the land

With the fascists and the left wing militants

Out of work executives are killing themselves

And the I.R.A. are killing everybody else

Don't panic, don't lose control

Keep your head, keep a hold

Act normal, there's nothing wrong

Stay cool, just carry on

You gotta live life and be yourself

You can't live life for anyone else

You gotta live life, that's all you do

Nobody gonna live your life for you

Don't get depressed when you read in the press

About world revolution and social unrest

Try not to panic when you switch on the news

And see the crooked politicians and the unemployment queues

It's only life, it's really fine

So don't you believe all you read in the headlines

Live life, see it through

Carry on, it's all you can do

You gotta live life for yourself

You can't live for anyone else

Trendy intellectuals always take action,

For every cause that's ever been in fashion

Weekend revolutionaries protest and sing

Because they're dedicated followers of any old thing

They got every solution for every revolution

They live in the slums just like the poor people do

But they'd rather sniff coke instead of glue

Right-wing fascists beat up the blacks

Then they salute the Union Jack

You can't pretend there's nothing wrong

It's not the end, so just carry on

You can't live for anyone else

Oh, life's a mother, oh, life's a mother

Oh, life's a mother, oh, life's a mother

Can't live life for anyone else

You gotta live life, that's all you can do

Live life, you gotta live life

You gotta live life, you gotta live life

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@HellsWindStaff im going on what CNN said the the federal government is helping cities to pay for the Trump riots.

Most of Trump's clothing line is made in other areas besides United States. Places where the wages are really low. Like they make $.30 per hour. He is a hypocrite and a liar.

If we believe polls Hillary and Bernie are neck and neck in California.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
@HellsWindStaff im going on what CNN said the the federal government is helping cities to pay for the Trump riots.
Probably out of the secret service's budget, as the presumptive nominee is under their protection :cool:

So... I was on the youtubes earlier, moseying around and thought I'd check out what the "hillary for president" gang was up to. I didn't make it that far, the suggestions had me cracking up:

eA97oGE.png

:suspicious::nope::evil::worms::disgust:

CarolKing

We were told that the Primary voting wouldn't count. That the democrats were just using the caucus results. That was the news media told us this. I had also thought this is what the state had decided upon. We talked about that at the caucus I attended.

I almost didn't vote because of that. I just voted just in case the day of the primary. Now they're saying that Hillary should get all the delegates because she won the votes. At this point I'm not sure what the hell is going on?

The Republicans were just going to use the primary voting with the mail in ballots. I'm wondering why the voters were maybe given wrong info. I spent 2 hours on a Saturday morning attending my caucus. The whole state in every county Bernie won. Hillary didn't win any counties at all in the caucus process.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

Most of Trump's clothing line is made in other areas besides United States. Places where the wages are really low. Like they make $.30 per hour. He is a hypocrite and a liar.

If we believe polls Hillary and Bernie are neck and neck in California.

Surely you mean that they are paying for the police at the riots? (Just based on what you said prior, assume you typo here?)

I'll have to look into it, because like I said I was always under impression that the government pays the police, and part of that payment is accrued through our taxes. If you could find the article (don't dig just if readily available) I'd be interested in reading it. But I'll check CNN after I eat

CarolKing

The Feds pay for protection for Trump and that would include the riots. If they were rioting where Hillary was the Feds would pay for that and do. Trump is creating a lot of problems for the cities where he speaks. The things he says creates a lot of animosity among the people. The cities are given extra money for police. The money comes from the Federal Government.

A lot of illegal Mexicans in New Mexico. No wonder the huge riots. More people should have been arrested. Many police officers hurt.

Last edited:

Gunky

We were told that the Primary voting wouldn't count. That the democrats were just using the caucus results. That was the news media told us this. I had also thought this is what the state had decided upon. We talked about that at the caucus I attended.

I almost didn't vote because of that. I just voted just in case the day of the primary. Now they're saying that Hillary should get all the delegates because she won the votes. At this point I'm not sure what the hell is going on?

The Republicans were just going to use the primary voting with the mail in ballots. I'm wondering why the voters were maybe given wrong info. I spent 2 hours on a Saturday morning attending my caucus. The whole state in every county Bernie won. Hillary didn't win any counties at all in the caucus process.
Bernie won the caucus and the delegates as far as I can discern. The caucus process is simply not very democratic, because it tends to not include people who work, take care of kids etc and the percentage of eligible voters who get to participate is small. I think it is quite possible that Hillary would have won in WA if the primary had just been based on a popular mail-in vote. This is precisely the sort of circumstance where if the tables were turned and they had lost Berniebros would start yelling "rigged!" (Heck, sometimes they yell rigged when they plainly lost the popular vote). I, and probably a lot of Clinton supporters, shrug my shoulders and say that was the process so get over it, work to change it for future elections if you don't like it. It's called being a good sport. You know, accepting a loss with grace?

Last edited:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Inciting a Riot - Legal Definition - Trump Guilty... Trump encourages and urges on the riot & violence by poking fun at it - by playing on the emotions of the rioters (a kindergarten tactic that works in kindergarten). I believe Trump incites riotous gatherings to not only draw much media attention to his huge attendance, but also because he has nothing intelligent & substantive to say other than to point at the crowd and spit insults... all the pomp & circumstance is just a diversion to obscure the fact that he's an empty sack of shit... a total fucking idiot as far as the world's well-being goes, but a genius for his own rewards... the masses are inbred idiots...Lord of the Flies!

"Under federal law, a riot is a public disturbance involving an act of violence by one or more persons assembled in a group of at least three people. Inciting a riot applies to a person who organizes, encourages, or participates in a riot. It can apply to one who urges or instigates others to riot. According to 18 USCS § 2102 "to incite a riot", or "to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot", includes, but is not limited to, urging or instigating other persons to riot, but shall not be deemed to mean the mere oral or written (1) advocacy of ideas or (2) expression of belief, not involving advocacy of any act or acts of violence or assertion of the rightness of, or the right to commit, any such act or acts.”

Last edited:

thisperson

Bernie won the caucus and the delegates as far as I can discern. The caucus process is simply not very democratic, because it tends to not include people who work, take care of kids etc and the percentage of eligible voters who get to participate is small. I think it is quite possible that Hillary would have won in WA if the primary had just been based on a popular mail-in vote. This is precisely the sort of circumstance where if the tables were turned and they had lost Berniebros would start yelling "rigged!" (Heck, sometimes they yell rigged when they plainly lost the popular vote). I, and probably a lot of Clinton supporters, shrug my shoulders and say that was the process so get over it, work to change it for future elections if you don't like it. It's called being a good sport. You know, accepting a loss with grace?

I think you're reminding me of someone with a devil may care attitude. I'll tell you why we want to do things based on how it should be and not how they are. Because if Bernie doesn't win we're going to have to swallow massive corporate cock for generations to come. Key is overturning citizens united.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Thank you for elaborating @CarolKing , I understand what you're saying :)

That is very sad. Sad people can't protest without causing destruction (in any situation) and it's sad that all the good protestors get overshadowed by the media because a peaceful Trump or Clinton rally won't sell.

I don't fully agree @Snappo but I do agree by definition he does incite it. Personally, feel that the protesters in any situation should be held more accountable then the party.

That said, what Trump does is in a similar vein at protests what certain BLM leaders do too, and I have zero respect for people willfully encouraging others to destroy stuff. While Trump certainly goads, I guess the distinction for me is I don't know if I'd consider him actively encouraging others to lash out (them lashing is a response to his platform/statements)....but it's a fine line and I can certainly see your side of the coin with it and can see the points as to why Trump is not helping the matter.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I don't fully agree @Snappo but I do agree by definition he does incite it. Personally, feel that the protesters in any situation should be held more accountable then the party.
I've already taken your point well into consideration and support of my own opinion. The crowds are complicit, but Trump is their leader. Trump is able to wear and project his adolescent goading like a slippery slimy Teflon shield - and while the crowds boil over in monkey stupidity the Trump carcinogens are released into the bubbling gruel. Trump is the prime catalysts for riot & violence, and he knows it. GUILTY! I'm all for revolution, but not by way of this stupid idiot.

Last edited:

thisperson

I remember when I was watching some Trump rallies he would talk about violence. Things along the lines of if BLM tries to take my mic I"ll fight them, or they'll fight for me. THen the crowd roared. I feel small things like that give the impression to his supporters that violence against protesters is okay,

Top Bottom