The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I really wanted to go and caucus today but am not well enough.
You needn't worry. Your guy will likely take all 3 states today. It won't get him any closer to the nomination, but it should make his supporters feel good about their candidate. He owns the young folk, clearly.

I just hope he encourages them to vote for President even if he is not on the ticket.

grokit

well-worn member
You needn't worry. Your guy will likely take all 3 states today. It won't get him any closer to the nomination
I disagree! If he can get 3/4 of today's delegates, it will put him back on track for the 2/3 he needs to get from here on out; he was slightly behind that last time as he took 2/3 states, but only 3/5 delegates.

Anyways I wanted to go find my tribe more than thinking I could actually help out, but that too :tup:

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Some people at the democratic caucus were saying that if Bernie doesn't get the nomination they would write in Bernie's name on the ballot. I guess there has been a lot of talk on Facebook about that. I don't do Facebook.

I don't know if I would be willing to do that. I wouldn't want to risk a Republican (like Trump) to win the election. I'm not that much of a gambler. Trump would be an absolute nightmare. I guess Cruz would be too.

Someone like Mitt Romney doesn't seem so bad as a Republican opponent this time around. Trump has risen the bar.

Edit
This info I found online, a few people were talking about this. There was some confusion among voters in AZ.

320438.jpg

March 22, 2016. Arizona. Tonight, voters in Arizona, who are continuing to stand in line to vote are angry that the state's Democratic primary has been called for Hillary Clinton when the majority of Bernie Sanders's voters have not been allowed to vote. As election day began, it was learned that 1.3 million voters who reportedly would have voted for Sanders were disenfranchised from voting in the Democratic primary. Additionally, significant numbers of registered Democratic voters who were told they were not on the Democratic voting lists included long-time Democrats who had voted in the Democratic primaries before without any problem. Others who properly switched their party were told they were also not on the list. At best , these Democratic voters were told, they could vote a provisional ballot which would not be counted today.

That's pretty screwed up.
CK

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What is your source for that article, CK? I am aware that the Republican governor of AZ has been screwing with voting rights there by reducing the number of poling places, particularly in democratic areas, but I have read nothing about any effort targeting Bernie voters...

I have a feeling your source has misrepresented what actually occurred to make it look like an attack on Bernie supporters rather than an attack on Dems.

cybrguy,

CarolKing

That was from the Justice Gazette I think from AZ. Several people were talking about the democratic voters in AZ were told they weren't allowed to vote and that there might be a do over. Folks were turned away and said they weren't on the list or registered.

Edit
Some of the people that were Independsnts and had changed over to be a Democrat some were for other reasons.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Right, Democrats, not just Bernie supporters. So little or no effect on the Bernie Hillary race.

I love how that turns into the Democratic party being unfair to Bernie...

cybrguy,

grokit

well-worn member
Yes add arizona to the dnc cheating controversies in massachusetts, nevada, ohio etc. :disgust:

"According to a publication called The Horn, published in Arizona, many registered Democratic voters came to their polling station, only to be told that they were listed as independent, not as Democrat, and thus could not vote, as Arizona has a closed primary for both parties. Those who complained were given provisional ballots, but there has been no report on how many of those provisional ballots, if any, were counted in arriving at last night’s result of a Hillary 14% win. The decision on whether to count provisional ballots is made by local voter registrars.

"But that’s not all. A news site called AZCentral.com reported that before the primary, a decision was made to cut the metro area’s usual 200 polling stations down to just 60, allegedly as a “cost-saving” measure and because a flood of advance mail ballots had led voting election officials to guess that the number of physical voters using polling stations would be down (an odd assumption, since higher than usual advance balloting by mail is usually a sign of increased voter interest in an election). Phoenix itself ended up with only 12 working polling stations, with the other 48 spread out around the metro area’s various municipalities, usually two polling stations per city.

"By way of comparison, in the 2012 primary, Maricopa County had 200 polling places for 300,000 voters. This year it had 60 polling places for an estimated 800,000 voters.

"While there is no solid evidence of Clinton campaign involvement in the primary election mess in Arizona, it is not the first time results in a state primary or caucus have been raised this year, and each time, it’s a state where Clinton ended up winning. In three of the other cases — Iowa, Nevada and Massachusetts — the results were not expected to favor Clinton, and there was evidence to doubt those results."

:rolleyes:

In other election news bernie is well on his way in alaska, and in washington where he is currently at 73.4%; hawaii may be another story as a big obama state. Here's an update from the alaska caucuses:

"With 6 of 40 districts reporting, Sen. Bernie Sanders has a commanding lead over Hillary Clinton, with 78 percent of the vote to Clinton’s 22 percent.

Related:
ADN poll: Alaskans like Trump, Sanders for president

Sanders has received 62 state convention delegates, and Clinton 14."

:popcorn:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

Oh my. How "fair and balanced". Give me a fucking break.

Ya'll are starting to look like Rubio supporters. I don't think you are helping your case.

There is certainly no partisanship over at the "Justice Gazette"...

RECENT ARTICLES

HILLARY CHEATS AGAIN, USING UNREGISTERED VOTERS TO WIN NEVADA

Hillary Clinton’s Votes for Deporting, Enslaving, Incarcerating and Walling Away Latino Immigrants and her Support for the Bloody Installation of Augusto Pinochet

It's Official: Sanders Landslides over Clinton Proving He's the Most Electable Candidate

New Hampshire results: Sanders: 60%%, Clinton: 38%

Poll Shows the Unthinkable: Hillary Will Cost Democrats California

Sanders Wins Fifth Debate; Clinton Booed and Caught Lying, Again and Again

LIKE GORE IN FLORIDA, SANDERS WON THE POPULAR VOTE IN IOWA

Iowa Ends in Statistical Tie, Clinton Campaign Caught Cheating

Hillary Stiffs Iowans to Play with her Rich Friends

Iowa Forum Viewers Give Bernie a Big Win While Hillary is Questioned

about her Dishonesty

Fourth Debate: Can Clinton Recover from Devastating Debate Loss?

Voters Declare Sanders Winner of Third Debate as Clinton Caught Lying about Libya
Amidst Calls for the Wasserman Schultz to be Fired and Prosecuted, She Agrees to Give Sanders back his Property

s Hillary Finished?

Clinton Stands With Wall Street Against Main Street as Sanders Wins Post-Debate Polls

Truth: The Most Important Film of 2015
Can Hillary Recover from Losing Debate to Bernie?

CarolKing

The caucus method was started after the 1968 convention when there was some controversy about the delegates. I see there is too much margin for error in a caucus or should I say cheating.

It's any wonder there's conspiracy theories since the head of the Democratic Party and establishment of the Democratic Party favors Hillary Clinton. There has been bias ever since the race started.

IMO Debbie Wasserman Schultz hasn't been neutral like she should be. It's not acceptable to me and to a lot of democrats.

Edit
You are right about the caucus process @cybrguy. I think the democratic establishment has been unfair to Bernie though.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Only partisans are willing to spend the time necessary for caucusing, so the results are only those you might get from the most dedicated base voters. It doesn't really represent the party at large so it doesn't really make sense anymore.
That some states caucus and most others primary is another reason to end it. I think the state processes should be as similar as possible. The very nature of caucuses tends to make them less democratic and much easier to game. Look what Ron Paul's people did in 2012...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK, I get it. I guess that means you are expecting Bernie to take Utah and Idaho like he did last week...

The betting window is still open, Grokit... :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Edit: newt's.... why did it have to be newt's?

Uh, cause its the Republicans who want Bernie to win so bad? Maybe? :)

For those who may not be following along, that quoted headline above is from a Newt Gingrich tweet...

cybrguy,
Reactions: Joel W.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Oh, I got the reference, but I assumed you were obliquely letting folks know the source of the tweet. No matter, I did. :)

Thanks. Q13 already changed the headline on me ...lol

It does not matter who says it, with 3x the votes for Bernie here as Clinton, it sounds like Washington folks are the ones who want him to win so bad. :nod:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Unfortunately for Bernie, the only Dem caucuses remaining after today are the Virgin Islands, North Dakota, and Guam for a total of about 42 delegates. Pretty soon he is gonna have to win some primaries by large margins to have any chance. I recommend California and New York, but I am not too hopeful for him. I think New Hampshire and Vermont (his home state) are the only primaries he has won so far...

cybrguy,
Reactions: Joel W.

CarolKing

Yes, the percentage could be higher for Sanders come Nov. 2016.

I was listening and watching Bernie Sanders during his speech last night in Seattle. How humble and authentic he sounds. It might be pie in the sky everything Bernie is hoping for in the future but there's no reason some of those things can't become a reality.

I also don't agree with getting involved with all the problems in other countries. I don't want to get involved full force in a war again. War is used for the last resort. Hillary will be trying to prove how tough she is, I don't want that.

We need to keep America safe in a responsible way.

Edit
@cybrguy you are cracking me up. Love that. "Swinging dick syndrome". You never know.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yes, the percentage could be higher for Sanders come Nov. 2016.

Yes, it could. And I could win the lottery. I don't think I'll bet on either... ;)

I see no reason to believe that Hillary suffers from the swinging dick syndrome Trump and Cruz suffer from. I don't think Hillary HAS anything to prove. The only thing she may need to prove would be proven by her winning the election.

Last edited:

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-greenberg/three-reasons-bernie-sand_b_9538508.html
full story,

"Three Big Reasons Why Bernie Sanders Could Still Win This Election."

"Corporate media has a story and it’s sticking to it: Hillary Clinton has the Democratic nomination in the bag. Bernie hasn’t a chance. Talk of big change may attract the under-30 crowd, but the majority of Democratic voters don’t buy it. If you’re not for Hillary, you’re backing a loser, so you may as well stay home on primary day.

But Americans who are filling stadiums to support the peaceful evolution that is Bernie Sanders’ Second American Revolution should not lose heart. Bernie insists that he is in the race to win, and this is still quite possible. Clinton is far from invincible."

(The snipped bits. I lean on #1 and #3)

1. Voters May Uncover Corporate Media’s Biggest Secret: On Health Care, Marijuana and GMO’s, Bernie, Not Hillary, Represents the Views of 80% of Democrats

2. A Criminal Indictment of Clinton Over Email Scandal Could Derail Her Candidacy

3. Democratic Voters May Wise Up to the Reality That Bernie is Far More Likely to Beat Trump Than Hillary

Top Bottom