Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Apologies if this has been asked before.

Is the heater directly wired in to the board of the mod? Or is it connected to the 510 somehow?

Just curious how this works.

It is connected via 510, upside down, and permanently. It is not removable from the mod like TetraX, nor is it directly wired to the board of the mod... Hope that answers your question!

chaos191

I'm in Illinois and Mine just showed up:-)

So I have no mod experience and I didn't get any instructions whatsoever did anyone else? Anyone who has any Tubo experience what is the best way to pack it? Any help would be really appreciated, if anyone did get instructions could you please take a picture and post it please.

Finally I have yet to install a battery but I haven't a clue what kind of settings to use... It is certainly beautiful!

Thanks 0

Shit Snacks

So I have no mod experience and I didn't get any instructions whatsoever did anyone else? Anyone who has any Tubo experience what is the best way to pack it? Any help would be really appreciated, if anyone did get instructions could you please take a picture and post it please.

Finally I have yet to install a battery but I haven't a clue what kind of settings to use... It is certainly beautiful!

Thanks 0

Nice! it should be set and ready to go, read here for how I said to pack it, and I think here was a link to manual posted here as well...

GTX1

Thanks 0

So for the instructions, just go to lamart.ch, click the Manuals tab at the top, and select Tubo/Tetra.

As for packing, you can kinda do whatever you want. When I'm at home, I run my Dual Tetra through water only, so I use the waterpipe adapter with the herb packed into the glass joint and a basket screen on top as a cap. When I'm out and about, I use a capsule stem and S&B capsules. A lot of people like to use the basket screens as their bowls, so they'll pack them tight and run the first couple of hits upside down so herb doesn't get into the heater.

See what works for you and roll with it.

GoldenBud

Just for the record, i use basket screens as a bowl, and I don’t worry about herb falling into the heater of my Tubo. After nearly two years of “medium” usage, the heater screen is still spotless. I’ve never cleaned it. Not even a brushing.
How? You clean the bowl right away after each use?

GoldenBud,

RelaxedNow

How? You clean the bowl right away after each use?

I just tip it upside down and anything that fell in falls out (not necessarily right away even). I’ve had to blow on it lightly on occasion. It’s not like you’re packing weed on the heater screen. I do tamp the load lightly to lessen the amount that falls out of the bowl/stem, so all we’re talking about is a few tiny bits.

Kinick23

@mysterion i got off to a rocky start last night, I wasn’t getting nearly the performance I expected when comparing to the tetra dual on a single battery sled. I even went as far as a mini experiment loaded them both with a fresh battery, same temps, preheated same time then I would pack a stem and hit it once in each vape and the p80 was giving me nothing on 350 and getting light vapor up to 400. I checked the coil resistance was at .198. I got Ralph’s prototype so there no recommended resistance # written on the battery hatch like the production units. Long story short I ended up increasing the resistance incrementally by.002 as instructed in the manual and now it’s kicking ass. I currently have it at .204 and still playing with it to find the best setting for my usage. But I’m getting nice clouds after a pre-heat at 350 and it’s quickly extracting the load in 2-3 hits.

how do you upload photos from a mobile phone? When I click the picture button it gives me a pop up for the URL but I just want to insert an image

M3 Element

@mysterion i got off to a rocky start last night, I wasn’t getting nearly the performance I expected when comparing to the tetra dual on a single battery sled. I even went as far as a mini experiment loaded them both with a fresh battery, same temps, preheated same time then I would pack a stem and hit it once in each vape and the p80 was giving me nothing on 350 and getting light vapor up to 400. I checked the coil resistance was at .198. I got Ralph’s prototype so there no recommended resistance # written on the battery hatch like the production units. Long story short I ended up increasing the resistance incrementally by.002 as instructed in the manual and now it’s kicking ass. I currently have it at .204 and still playing with it to find the best setting for my usage. But I’m getting nice clouds after a pre-heat at 350 and it’s quickly extracting the load in 2-3 hits.

how do you upload photos from a mobile phone? When I click the picture button it gives me a pop up for the URL but I just want to insert an image
Just for a reference point my unit has 0.220 written on the battery door so you could always start at that for your baseline.

As for posting a picture you need to post it to a third party site first and then copy the link into the URL address. I originally tried imgur but I guess it is no longer supported so I used post images.org as per recommendations.

M3 Element,

GoldenBud

What does the message "Long Fire Protection" mean?
You wanna use it on demand, or cruise mode? if you wanna use on-demand, make sure you understand that you have to click it for 10s then release the button, you'll need to learn how to activate the cruise mode.

GoldenBud,

M3 Element

You wanna use it on demand, or cruise mode? if you wanna use on-demand, make sure you understand that you have to click it for 10s then release the button, you'll need to learn how to activate the cruise mode.
I should have been more specific. I was using it last night in cruise mode and sometime mid session that message appeared on the display and then turned off.

M3 Element,

Shit Snacks

PS the fire time is longer than 10sec

GoldenBud

I should have been more specific. I was using it last night in cruise mode and sometime mid session that message appeared on the display and then turned off.
Try to take out your battery, then while you reload it inside the device click simultaneity on Minus on the P80, check again the session and update us please, if that worked (Used to be working on the Tetra-Dual)

@Shit Snacks Snacks - thanks. It was like that also in the tubo/tetra dual or something new?

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Try to take out your battery, then while you reload it inside the device click simultaneity on Minus on the P80, check again the session and update us please, if that worked (Used to be working on the Tetra-Dual)

@Shit Snacks Snacks - thanks. It was like that also in the tubo/tetra dual or something new?
that does nothing with the p80 and is also taken care of with the latest firmware updates when installed to tubo duals, no units should freeze when batteries are insert.

"long fire protection" displays when the timer runs out. you can set it in menu>vaping>timer. it is set to 5minutes (300seconds) by default and can be increased to 15minutes.

(@GoldenBud think you are mixing this firmware with other stock software or other mods, it has always been more than 10seconds)

it sounds to me like your unit is running quite hot now if you can clear a load in a few draws at 350degrees. its interesting as i used this unit quite a few times with the set resistance but good thing is everyone can dial it in to their liking. btw you can still store the pick inside the prototype unit, it will rattle a bit. apart from that it is on par with all others.

GoldenBud

that does nothing with the p80 and is also taken care of with the latest firmware updates when installed to tubo duals, no units should freeze when batteries are insert.

"long fire protection" displays when the timer runs out. you can set it in menu>vaping>timer. it is set to 5minutes (300seconds) by default and can be increased to 15minutes.

(@GoldenBud think you are mixing this firmware with other stock software or other mods, it has always been more than 10seconds)

it sounds to me like your unit is running quite hot now if you can clear a load in a few draws at 350degrees. its interesting as i used this unit quite a few times with the set resistance but good thing is everyone can dial it in to their liking. btw you can still store the pick inside the prototype unit, it will rattle a bit. apart from that it is on par with all others.

GoldenNub?
Glad to hear the P80 firmware got updated.

Kinick23

@M3 Element thanks for that, I was able sort out the photo upload and included a couple pics

@funkyjunky its a strange one as I ran about 4-5 loads through on the preset resistance w/ sub optimal results through each one. After some more testing I bumped it down from .204 to .202 and am getting ~4-5 hit per basket screen temp stepping btwn 350-400, vapor production consistently good throughout and was smooth / pure tasting. Congrats on the launch and look forward to hopefully building a custom together in the future. Question on these nice fumed Nub Coolers we've seen lately -- will they be available for order on the site at some point?

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

Shit Snacks

Alright. Feeling pretty stupid but how do I flip the display and where is the fire button?

Fire button is the screen, press it on the opposite side from the up and down buttons and it will click in. Not sure about the display but I remember seeing it somewhere in the menu? Or try holding up and down at the same time maybe? That could change Celsius to Fahrenheit though, not sure, but I'm sure it's in the manual!

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Fire button is the screen, press it on the opposite side from the up and down buttons and it will click in. Not sure about the display but I remember seeing it somewhere in the menu? Or try holding up and down at the same time maybe? That could change Celsius to Fahrenheit though, not sure, but I'm sure it's in the manual!

Thanks buddy. Took a minute to figure that out! Off to the races now.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
lol, almost :D

screen flip - press fire button 5 times to turn unit OFF, hold + & - key until screen flips, press 5 times fire again to power unit on.

the big trigger can be pressed with fingers or also by squeezing the unit no matter its orientation in hand. double squeeze for cruise :)

Shit Snacks

Mine is here and spectacular, love the color!!

Feeling like the original Tubo for me, only it is ofcourse even better with the Tetra. This really is a great design all around, and I'll have more to say later with hopefully better photos too.

IMG-20191228-181232508.jpg

IMG-20191228-230906551.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom