Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've got a couple of Samsung 30qs hopefully 15a is enough? @funkyjunky

This is the battery that comes included if you check off that option. The 30Q is underrated at 15A and is actually more like 18A (incidentally the HG2 is overrated and is also more like 18A). They are both fine to use, but something like the Samsung 25R or LG HE4 may function a little better in theory though it does have much lower capacity (mAh). Supposedly Sony batteries are among the best of the best, but I have never really used them myself due to the expense...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: chaos191

chaos191

This is the battery that comes included if you check off that option. The 30Q is underrated at 15A and is actually more like 18A (incidentally the HG2 is overrated and is also more like 18A). They are both fine to use, but something like the Samsung 25R or LG HE4 may function a little better in theory though it does have much lower capacity (mAh). Supposedly Sony batteries are among the best of the best, but I have never really used them myself due to the expense...

Thanks I actually have no prior mod expected so good to know :-)

chaos191,

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
Never load more than 0.15 as a new user, learn the machine... don't overpack it, I wouldn't go over 220C as a new user too...I never tried the Nub stem but the long cooling stem is great. never tried the capsule thing either, but people tend to say it has some slight effect of "conduction" vaping which is a little bit different than "regular" mod itself, 100% convection...
I don't think it's a big different, but you're welcome to tell us later ;)

PS make sure you got reliable 20A 18650 batteries, and a reliable charger (external)

Thanks for the tips.

I normally vape 190-200. Have E-Nano and Solo 2. Dynavap. So just curious if there is any technique or just set temp and go. Medium grind, stem pack and dome screen top

I have an external charger.....and after much consideration..... I decided to go with the Molicell P26a cells. They are 2600Mah and 25amps. More importantly... they have 7.6 amp hours of life when being used at 10 amps or 37 watts. Then 6.8 hours at 15a or 55 watts. No battery sag from single cell mod amp draw. They perform better then the bigger Samsung 3000mah....but also have the 25a rating.

I figure my preference would be around 30-45 watts. So this cell seemed like a great fit. Should hit hard also. Mooch recommended it as his best all around 18650. Outperforms all the others

Has anyone else seen used these P26a?

Shit Snacks

Thanks I actually have no prior mod expected so good to know :-)

My first experience with a mod was actually in the OG Tubo, I was using these type of batteries in my Zion and Milaana first though (now use other different mods with Splinters too). I learned these details from @KeroZen who is well-versed in the tests done by mooch!

I normally vape 190-200. Have E-Nano and Solo 2. Dynavap. So just curious if there is any technique or just set temp and go. Medium grind, stem pack and dome screen top

I would recommend packing the rimmed basket instead, more effective and efficient in my experience, better taste and vapor for me personally. There are so many different ways to use this thing though, you will have to try out a variety and see what works best for you in which situations... Hitting it will be more like e-nano I imagine, wide open airflow pure convection on demand. I actually find a strong draw beneficial with Tubo/Tetra, you can really rip them!

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
My first experience with a mod was actually in the OG Tubo, I was using these type of batteries in my Zion and Milaana first though (now use other different mods with Splinters too). I learned these details from @KeroZen who is well-versed in the tests done by mooch!

I would recommend packing the rimmed basket instead, more effective and efficient in my experience, better taste and vapor for me personally. There are so many different ways to use this thing though, you will have to try out a variety and see what works best for you in which situations... Hitting it will be more like e-nano I imagine, wide open airflow pure convection on demand. I actually find a strong draw beneficial with Tubo/Tetra, you can really rip them!

Thanks for the reply.

Do you just give the rimmed basket load a little tamp to ensure it doesn’t fall into the heater section? Is that why people like stem pack.... cleaner overall?

I’m definitely looking for best taste and vapor. Smaller loads are preferred. I like to micro dose.... Dynavap is great for that.... 0.05 at a time.

mysterion,
Reactions: chaos191

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
I use a variety of different options to take care of my wood devices/stems. I use conditioners from Dynavap, Phattpiggie, UD, Ed, and Dreamwood. I also use Howards' Butcher Block Conditioner, Burt's lip balm and mineral oil and this combo has been my goto recently. I typically condition after use (not every use) as I find the warmth from use helps with the application.

i forgot to thank you for the reply. Glad to hear these options work.

mysterion,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the reply.

Do you just give the rimmed basket load a little tamp to ensure it doesn’t fall into the heater section? Is that why people like stem pack.... cleaner overall?

I’m definitely looking for best taste and vapor. Smaller loads are preferred. I like to micro dose.... Dynavap is great for that.... 0.05 at a time.

Yeah give it a gentle tamp with your finger, and I always take the first hit or two upside down since I am ocd about any crumbs falling (they are also easy to shake, blow, or carefully poke out though). After that the load is completely secure in the basket and should not fall until you poke it out or stir, seems Tetra doesn't really need stirring though based on my Dual.

The idea of using another screen to cap the load makes sense, but really in practice it just steals heat away from the herb, and if you do a full joint pack it ends up being further away from the heater and will require stirring. I do it every now and again, but it rarely impresses me the way just loading the basket does. You can load just enough to cover the screen, so is super microdosing is very possible this way too
(if you load a small amount using the full joint and capping it, it is very hard to vape it effectively with all the distance from the heater and extra glass/steel robbing heat from the load, making it a bit more taxing on the battery...)

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I figure my preference would be around 30-45 watts. So this cell seemed like a great fit. Should hit hard also. Mooch recommended it as his best all around 18650. Outperforms all the others
Read the manual once you get the package , you'll learn how to activate cruise mode and it'll just give you the 'log mode', no pressing on fire needed
(the P80 manual isn't on the lamart.ch website yet as i see)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: mysterion

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
Yeah give it a gentle tamp with your finger, and I always take the first hit or two upside down since I am ocd about any crumbs falling (they are also easy to shake, blow, or carefully poke out though). After that the load is completely secure in the basket and should not fall until you poke it out or stir, seems Tetra doesn't really need stirring though based on my Dual.

The idea of using another screen to cap the load makes sense, but really in practice it just steals heat away from the herb, and if you do a full joint pack it ends up being further away from the heater and will require stirring. I do it every now and again, but it rarely impresses me the way just loading the basket does. You can load just enough to cover the screen, so is super microdosing is very possible this way too
(if you load a small amount using the full joint and capping it, it is very hard to vape it effectively with all the distance from the heater and extra glass/steel robbing heat from the load, making it a bit more taxing on the battery...)

Great info. I’ll be loading mine this way as well then. I like your feedback on it. Really good point about the battery.

any thoughts on the Molicell P26a? There wasn’t much info out there but it comes highly recommended from the ecig mod world.

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
Read the manual once you get the package , you'll learn how to activate cruise mode and it'll just give you the 'log mode', no pressing on fire needed
(the P80 manual isn't on the lamart.ch website yet as i see)

Ok will do.

mysterion,

Shit Snacks

Great info. I’ll be loading mine this way as well then. I like your feedback on it. Really good point about the battery.

any thoughts on the Molicell P26a? There wasn’t much info out there but it comes highly recommended from the ecig mod world.

Yeah there are a few little things you can customize once you get familiar with the basics. And it sounds like you researched that cell well so I'm sure it's a good choice as long as it matches up (flat top unprotected ~20A plenty of mAh) Please let us all know!

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
Yeah there are a few little things you can customize once you get familiar with the basics. And it sounds like you researched that cell well so I'm sure it's a good choice as long as it matches up (flat top unprotected ~20A plenty of mAh) Please let us all know!
Will report on the cell once I’m all up and running. For sure.

Check out the 1 hour 30 min mark. Watch Troy's screen (top left)

Jerry pulls his out later in the video too.

This vape looks sorta amazing.
That was a nice find. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Would anyone be kind enough to upload the Tetra P80 firmware since I think the Lamart team is gone until the new year and I want to throw the new firmware on my P80!

Merry Dankmass all!

deadlytoaster,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
firmware update!

https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

this version is installed on all tetra p80s

the latest firmware contains all successful features of previous firmware updates. Be careful when running the firmware with non-TUBO heaters.
191225-tubomyevic-newsupport-led-tubopower-pwrbar-beta.bin
- new models added to compatibility list, see further down
- led functionaiity if available, turn on/off in menu>interface>led
- tubo power mode with session duration display
- power bar by u/uniquealt, menu>interface>pwbar
- button switch when display flipped
- adjustments to warmup mode, eco mode, tweaks

Thanks for giving back to the community, @funkyjunky!

General question about the heater system: What is the advantage of housing the coils within glass tubes? At first I thought that they were completely enclosed (avoiding any possibility of coil vapors interacting with the air path), but then I realized that the tubes are open on both ends:

B7l71m8.png

GoldenBud

Thanks for giving back to the community, @funkyjunky!

General question about the heater system: What is the advantage of housing the coils within glass tubes? At first I thought that they were completely enclosed (avoiding any possibility of coil vapors interacting with the air path), but then I realized that the tubes are open on both ends:

B7l71m8.png
the glass gets hotter and helps the convection method, making it actually even more effective
plus the coils shouldn't be too close to the wood

Top Bottom