Tetra P80

hoyo77

Too soon to say, and frankly maybe too many variables that are different... If I can get a basket screen going that might be a fairer comparison, capsule itself is too different I think, aside from the wood stem vs glass being different... but I think the cooling is very effective and it doesn't get as hot to hold as the other two, though the bent insert is much longer too (haven't tried small insert yet) Also in my experience none of them really do that amazing job of cooling vapor, it still feels hot and harsh if you take a big rip, but better than nothing! Theoretically the amaze should help the stem stay cooler during a session, with the nub getting much hotter for me, and short spiky bendy getting hot but having a place to hold it safely near the tip. I have others as well (custom horned long spiky bent, plain long bent stems, the whip, and the mini j hook, I'm a strong advocate for the last two)
That whip combo is one of my favorites. I get the biggest clouds and the vapor is quite dense!!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah it's so fun to mix up and use a variety of different stems and attachments of course!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Siebter

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Looks cool! How does the cooling (and the vapor in general) compare to the spiked bent stem and the nub?

The heat can get excessive with either stem if you are doing back to back, long rips... perhaps the nub heats up a little faster. Personally, and I don't know why, but I find the bent delivers better vapor production. Flavor is great with both. I choose the nub for discretion, bent spike for all other use, and my water pipe adapter sits largely unused.

Arbornaut

Nice combo @Shit Snacks !

I have the exact same (long bent and short glass insert, short capsule stem, and a-maze coolers)

For the short glass insert I used a silicone o-ring and the fat mouthpiece for dynavaps to cap the tip. Makes it even more bulletproof and makes it cooler on the lips during long rips. I dont take my Tp80 out much, but that's my favorite setup on the go for sure. I just finished a road trip to move, and that was my companion for the entire trip.

I dont use the long bent much anymore but I do enjoy it. I would say it cools the vapor about the same as the short bent spikey stem that is included - but the vapor does feel a bit more dense to me from the more narrow long bent glass.

I just love that there are so many options with 18mm stems and adapters.

Très bien!

Terpenetime

I’ve recently received a long bent spiked stem for my P80 but it doesn’t seem to seat properly in the joint. The stem wobbles slightly and it sounds like the end of the stem is touching the heater, even without a basket screen fitted. I haven’t used it yet as I’m concerned that doing so could damage the heater. I’ve reached out to Ralph but I’ve yet to hear back from him.

Has anyone had a similar experience or do your long bent stems seat perfectly?

Terpenetime,

Arbornaut

I’ve recently received a long bent spiked stem for my P80 but it doesn’t seem to seat properly in the joint. The stem wobbles slightly and it sounds like the end of the stem is touching the heater, even without a basket screen fitted. I haven’t used it yet as I’m concerned that doing so could damage the heater. I’ve reached out to Ralph but I’ve yet to hear back from him.

I definitely notice mine sits loose unless it's right up against the screen/capsule, and right at the end of the wooden tube section. I prefer it up a bit so it has the wider diameter of the wood before hitting the capsule/bowl. Seems to work fine regardless, but ya, I'd probably feel better about it if it fit more snug like my short glass insert.

Arbornaut,

Shit Snacks

Yeah there is variance in glass so it can be hit-or-miss, fortunately mine all fit fine in my TP80 but my rebuilt Tubo is another story (they all fit loose, even the plain long bent stems that came with it) FYI you should be able to see in the side cut out if the stem is touching the heater screen or not, most likely it is just a wobbly fit, but you never know I suppose... Can mod with tape too.

Terpenetime

Yeah there is variance in glass so it can be hit-or-miss, fortunately mine all fit fine in my TP80 but my rebuilt Tubo is another story (they all fit loose, even the plain long bent stems that came with it) FYI you should be able to see in the side cut out if the stem is touching the heater screen or not, most likely it is just a wobbly fit, but you never know I suppose... Can mod with tape too.

I’ve compared it with my short bent spiked stem and the etched joint on my long stem is two millimetres longer. My P80 has the floral cut outs which are quite small but I can nevertheless see that the end of the stem is definitely touching the top of the heater. With a basket screen fitted the stem is actually lifted far enough off its seat that it can rotate slightly if I gently shake the vape from side to side.

In conclusion, I’m not comfortable using this stem for fear of damaging the heater. Even if that possibility was ruled out, I still wouldn’t use it as it doesn’t look or feel right. Putting tape around the joint could work but that’s something I would only do out of absolute necessity, I.e. if I didn’t have any other options for using this vape, which is unlikely to ever be the case.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

While cruising I can change temperature? he's changing temp or stopping/reactivating the cruise? time 0:20 in this vid. another thing - where in thre menu i find cruise mod seconds limitations? the On-Demand mode is limited to 10s to 15s while pressing?
thanks
(Waiting for my tubox but this is more of software q)

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
While cruising I can change temperature? he's changing temp or stopping/reactivating the cruise? time 0:20 in this vid. another thing - where in thre menu i find cruise mod seconds limitations? the On-Demand mode is limited to 10s to 15s while pressing?
thanks

Up+Power simultaneously to enter the menu, then "vaping" option. Adjust "timer" option to change cruise time.

You can change the temp while cruising without altering the timer in any manner.

Shit Snacks

I’ve compared it with my short bent spiked stem and the etched joint on my long stem is two millimetres longer. My P80 has the floral cut outs which are quite small but I can nevertheless see that the end of the stem is definitely touching the top of the heater. With a basket screen fitted the stem is actually lifted far enough off its seat that it can rotate slightly if I gently shake the vape from side to side.

In conclusion, I’m not comfortable using this stem for fear of damaging the heater. Even if that possibility was ruled out, I still wouldn’t use it as it doesn’t look or feel right. Putting tape around the joint could work but that’s something I would only do out of absolute necessity, I.e. if I didn’t have any other options for using this vape, which is unlikely to ever be the case.

Yeah so the newer short spiky bendy and nub actually do have shorter 18mm joint lengths (22mm standard instead of 26mm like the older stems) so that checks out. I think you are right on not trying to risk it, unless there's some way you can get the edge cut down, or yeah use some sort of tape, then can be okay to use.

thanks

Yeah I change temperature while cruising all the time, manual temp step! On demand cut off should be 30sec or even 45sec default?

Bazinga

Getting a little anxious about delivery. Order placed on February 5th, (3 and 1/2 months ago). Device shipped April 15th (one month ago). Where the heck is it?

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
continuation of fuckcombustion thread Tetra P80

welcome everyone! :D

Tetra P80

[IMG]

[IMG]

includes:

• one mouth piece (select nub cooler, bendy spike or short mouth piece)
  • basket screen and replacement screen for mouth piece
  • pick

optional accessories:

• samsung 30q battery
  • water pipe adapter (14mm/18mm male)
  • wooden capsule stems
  • short whip (wrapped or plain)

key features:

• dimensions: 71x36x92mm
  • portable dry herb vaporizer device
  • full convection TETRA heating technology
  • on-demand (press&hold) or session mode operation (double click)
  • adjustable session timer
  • uniform heat, no stirring necessary
  • custom firmware, update-able
  • advanced temperature control (up to 1degC/5degF)
  • user replaceable 18650 battery
  • micro-USB charging port
  • 2A fast charging
  • stainless steel heating coils
  • mostly borosilicate glass air & vapor path
  • 18mm female ground glass connection
  • 70 watts peak power, fast heat up
  • effective vapor cooling/conditioning with included cooling mouth piece
  • warm-up mode for consistent results
  • automatic temperature stepper
[IMG]

base models (poplar,pine,beech and birch) are starting at $235, that includes a cooling mouth piece, basket screen and pick. various cosmetic upgrades are possible, solid woods, engravings, inlays. there will be an item on the store to build a custom model.

thanks for looking and i hope you like it!
:D

Top Bottom