Tetra P80

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Sorry, it went so quick I was studdering. Didn't even get one. No time to think you blink there gone. Maybe next time. But to be honest the time it would take to do a screen shot your favorite is gone. I put 2 in my cart separately by the time I got to checkout gone.:cry:

Well, let me share my story, if you will?

I was all prepared yesterday to see if I might land one of these elusive Tetras. I had called my bank ahead of time to make sure there were no problems with an international charge on my master card and had set up my account on Lamart's web page, including the dry run purchasing a rubber cell (battery) cover. Everything was working just fine. So I waited.

At 2:59 p.m. I started refreshing the page that Paddy's email indicated would be the listing of fifteen P80's. Suddenly, right at 3:00 p.m., the page changed and the following notice was posted at the top of the page:

"due to very high demand it can be that units get sold twice.
first order in gets the unit. please understand if you get
refunded for your order. there will be more!"

Hmmmm….hadn't ever seen that anywhere before in all my years of trading in the good ol' USA!

To be honest, really didn't much care for it. Why is it even necessary? Furthermore, why can't Lamart Technologies work off of a waiting list like most other sellers, I mean, particularly if they are going to insist on a pre-order in their business model, a pre-order that may not even secure the would-be purchaser a P80!?

So, I continued waiting for the purchase page to populate...slooooooooowly...and as each unit presented itself I clicked on it only to discover that it was already "sold out"! This continued through the first 7 minutes, after all 15 units had been presented across two pages, and that was that. No P80's to be had by this buyer here in the American Midwest!

WTF!

Apparently, according to a post I read on Reddit I think it was, this scenario had played out before with a P80 drop earlier this year where the inventory was sold out in 7 minutes or less. I have to wonder that given the geographic disparity between buyers on a global basis, i.e., computer servers, that there will always be those who have more expedient access to the purchase list and the merchandise processing. If in fact that is the case, it would seem very unlikely that model will ever achieve an even playing field
Of course, the seller can choose to market their products however they like. And if Lamart's business model is meeting his required ROI then that's fine...his call.

Myself, as a buyer, I'm not one to support the pre-order business model UNLESS I and other buyers have had extensive communications with the seller sufficient to assure me of their business integrity. I'm happy to say that there are many such maker/sellers on FC that meet those qualifications. I believe Lamart Technologies to be one of those.

There are also sellers/makers on FC who do not meet those qualifications!

Bottom line, as always, caveat emptor! :myday::myday::myday:

.​

Last edited:
Fat Freddy,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
You may want to change your font color if you want it to be more easily read

...WOW! I just highlighted and read your post. You post as if Lamart is new on this scene and you question their business model and integrity???

It is also not a pre-order business model. These units are premade and sold 1st come 1st served.

Do you just feel totally burned that you did not get one? I would bet Funky will work with you [as he has with others that got refunded], even though you did just insult him and you kinda sound whiney and entitled...

...I could be wrong, that is just how your post presents you.

Last edited:

VirginVape10X

Fair warning it's not the most user-friendly method and there's likely a friendlier method out there but I knew this would work since it's related to stuff I do at work. Basically it uses Selenium to automate interaction with the webpage.

I used this plugin:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/selenium-ide/

and recorded a "test case" which:

* loads the tetra p80 page
* selecting the options I wanted from drop downs and check boxes.
* stopped recording the test case

then i saved the "project" somewhere on my computer.

to use it:

* i click on the "selenium ide" button in my firefox bar
* click the option to "open up a project"
* navigate to where i saved the project
* click on the test in the left-hand sidebar to select it
* click the play button w/o the three stacked lines next to it to "run current test"

doing so will open up a new window to the tetra p80 page and "run the test case" which involves selecting all your options. from there you could proceed to check out since it's just regular browser window.

I’ve dabbled a bit with Python and Selenium web automation (amateur programming hobbyist), but I’m not sure if what you’re proposing would work for “pre-built” Tetra P80 units as I haven’t come across drop-down menus for the pre-builds and I don’t believe the custom Tetras are available during the drops, unless I’m missing something.

Speaking of which, I didn’t see any pre-build options available on the most recent drop despite having my trigger finger on the page refresh at drop time, unless all units disappeared within seconds! Stil was able to get a TetraX, but still plan on landing the P80 version, too, eventually (have to save up again)

Terpenetime

@Fat Freddy quite simply, it’s impossible to please everyone when supply exceeds demand.

It might suit you if Lamart ran a waiting list but maintaining one eats up a LOT of time, which means less time is available for manufacturing and fewer people will ultimately get served. For the business owner that obviously means less turnover and smaller profits. Why would you go down that route when you can sell everything you can make without the additional hassle? :2c:

GoldenBud

@Fat Freddy why didn't you get the TUBOx yesterday? they were available much more time than the TP80s. seems to me a better option than writing incognito phrases in the forum about one of the top3 portables out there.

GoldenBud,

idboehman

I’ve dabbled a bit with Python and Selenium web automation (amateur programming hobbyist), but I’m not sure if what you’re proposing would work for “pre-built” Tetra P80 units as I haven’t come across drop-down menus for the pre-builds and I don’t believe the custom Tetras are available during the drops, unless I’m missing something.

Speaking of which, I didn’t see any pre-build options available on the most recent drop despite having my trigger finger on the page refresh at drop time, unless all units disappeared within seconds! Stil was able to get a TetraX, but still plan on landing the P80 version, too, eventually (have to save up again)

you're completely right, I didn't read the email closely enough and thought that the "heaters" were the part that was pre-built, not the entire vape, so I thought the drop was happening on the custom page and not elsewhere since I didn't see anything else when poking around before. Without knowing what the pre-built page looks like it'd be hard to automate anything and automation was probably not even necessary.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah it's unfortunate for some but it is what it is, I was able to snag one in the first drop, I think this is only the third or fourth as well? and when I did it's true I was trying to decide between several (or to get one at all since I had just gotten one of the last custom dual, also with tetra heater) and in the end my decision became easy as the others kept getting bought! Very happy I got in when I did, just like the original Tubo when I was in the second ever batch... Someday I'm sure he will catch up and have a steadier stock and be able to take custom orders without the crazy rush, but so many people slept on his products for so long I guess... This is probably the best realization yet, so the popularity is understandable, but with that comes a game of getting one (and when). All I can say is keep trying, based on my own experience it will be very worthwhile, and yes also worth checking out the other models available in the meantime if more possible...

I beleive all the units were gone in about 10 minutes, The page took a couple of minutes to populate for me as well. Fingers crossed to all those who managed to get an order in.

Also were you looking at the device section? It was seperate from the custom p80 page.

HypochonIRL,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
"Slept on his products for so long"

Shit, that was me! I had read so much about Tubos, and admittedly was initially dismissive of mod based vapes (I could not imagine better experiences than my current lineup). Eventually I bit my lip and started hunting for a Tubo, but this was right as Funky announced the end of the line!

When the P80 was announced, I knew I had to get it and have been over the moon ever since. It blew away all expectations and is top pick in most scenarios.

almost there

"Slept on his products for so long"

Shit, that was me! I had read so much about Tubos, and admittedly was initially dismissive of mod based vapes (I could not imagine better experiences than my current lineup). Eventually I bit my lip and started hunting for a Tubo, but this was right as Funky announced the end of the line!

When the P80 was announced, I knew I had to get it and have been over the moon ever since. It blew away all expectations and is top pick in most scenarios.
It does get better :lol:. If we can convince FJ to make a G3D tetra we’ll be rolling in power. 2 batteries are better than 1:rockon:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
It does get better :lol:. If we can convince FJ to make a G3D tetra we’ll be rolling in power. 2 batteries are better than 1:rockon:

That does sound nice on paper... but I admit, that is not at all appealing to me.

After having my unit for the last month or two, I have not at all required more voltage than the single battery can supply. Sure, it only lasts several chambers before cycling in a new battery, BUT I do prefer this to a potentially larger form factor that would result from having to accommodate for two batteries inside the unit.

Ultimate solution for me would be super-high capacity, 18650 batteries.

What capacity batteries are most of you all using? How many chambers does it last?

hoyo77

That does sound nice on paper... but I admit, that is not at all appealing to me.

After having my unit for the last month or two, I have not at all required more voltage than the single battery can supply. Sure, it only lasts several chambers before cycling in a new battery, BUT I do prefer this to a potentially larger form factor that would result from having to accommodate for two batteries inside the unit.

Ultimate solution for me would be super-high capacity, 18650 batteries.

What capacity batteries are most of you all using? How many chambers does it last?
I think the size is perfect...one battery is enough. I get maybe 3 good sessions off one battery but to be honest i am properly medicated off one good session. I am using the molicel 26As. Cant wait till they go back on sell again.

Terpenetime

2 batteries are better than 1

Personally I wouldn’t want to carry around an extra battery ALL of the time for the odd occasion that I might need it. The P80 looks great and sits wonderfully in the hand and that form factor would be ruined by an additional battery, not to mention the extra weight. It would likely turn it from being a (borderline) portable into something that, well, isn’t!

I should add that I find the battery life from my VT6C’s to be perfectly acceptable. They usually manage to last more sessions than I can!

:leaf:

Terpenetime,
Reactions: dimmusp

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think the size is perfect...one battery is enough. I get maybe 3 good sessions off one battery

Wow that's low! Some members are getting twice as many sessions with the new grasshopper, and we all know that thing runs on AAA's.

invertedisdead,

Terpenetime

Wow that's low! Some members are getting twice as many sessions with the new grasshopper, and we all know that thing runs on AAA's.

A grasshopper only holds about 0.1 and it can be cleared in one hit in a properly functioning hopper, so it’s not really a fair comparison with the P80.

Terpenetime,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
A grasshopper only holds about 0.1 and it can be cleared in one hit in a properly functioning hopper, so it’s not really a fair comparison with the P80.

My apologies, I thought the P80 was considered an on-demand portable convection vaporizer. Apparently it's not if that was an unfair comparison.

invertedisdead,

almost there

Personally I wouldn’t want to carry around an extra battery ALL of the time for the odd occasion that I might need it. The P80 looks great and sits wonderfully in the hand and that form factor would be ruined by an additional battery, not to mention the extra weight. It would likely turn it from being a (borderline) portable into something that, well, isn’t!

I should add that I find the battery life from my VT6C’s to be perfectly acceptable. They usually manage to last more sessions than I can!

:leaf:
I guess I’m in the minority with my preferences :D. In all honesty I have absolutely no idea how many stems you can vape with a single battery. Since the early Tubo days I’ve always opted for the 2 battery configuration. I hate semi weak performance midway thru a stem and since I don’t tend to carry around my vapes I’m okay with a heavier piece. I have an OG dually and a tetra dually and neither has ever seen the single battery sled besides for the initial test to make sure they work :lol:

Terpenetime

My apologies, I thought the P80 was considered an on-demand portable convection vaporizer. Apparently it's not if that was an unfair comparison.

Okay, let me put it another way. To the best of my recollection only one user on the io thread has reported getting through six bowls on a GHB2 battery but this was in single long draws of circa 20 seconds plus (most users are more typically quoting 2-3 bowls per battery). A single long draw is not really a ‘session’ in the normal meaning of the word. However, using that meaning, my P80 could do many more ‘sessions’ than either of my hoppers :2c:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Okay, let me put it another way. To the best of my recollection only one user on the io thread has reported getting through six bowls on a GHB2 battery but this was in single long draws of circa 20 seconds plus (most users are more typically quoting 2-3 bowls per battery). A single long draw is not really a ‘session’ in the normal meaning of the word. However, using that meaning, my P80 could do many more ‘sessions’ than either of my hoppers :2c:

I think @ChooChooCharlie even reached 11 bowls in his IO?

Can you finish a bowl in one hit in the P80, even if it's just .1?

I know what you mean about a single long draw not really being a session, but if you can extract the whole load in one hit without needing a whole session, I think it's still a fair comparison when talking battery life, as one hitters generally take the most battery power to pull off.

invertedisdead,

Terpenetime

I think @ChooChooCharlie even reached 11 bowls in his IO?

Can you finish a bowl in one hit in the P80, even if it's just .1?

I know what you mean about a single long draw not really being a session, but if you can extract the whole load in one hit without needing a whole session, I think it's still a fair comparison when talking battery life, as one hitters generally take the most battery power to pull off.

I’d say it takes one huge rip and a clean up to fully extract the whole bowl when used native but I’d also say that about a hopper. My youngest hopper is just six months old and may apparently have some of the improvements that went into the io, so that’s my point of reference. I also have four of the latest ‘shiny’ GHB2’s in rotation so my batteries are good too.

To be fair, the issue here is the use of the word ‘session’, which can be accurately applied to the P80 as it has a session mode whereas the hopper of course doesn’t and can’t be used that way. Suffice to say, i’d trust my P80 to last way longer on a single battery than my hopper if I was using it on demand :2c::peace:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
To be fair, the issue here is the use of the word ‘session’, which can be accurately applied to the P80 as it has a session mode whereas the hopper of course doesn’t and can’t be used that way. Suffice to say, i’d trust my P80 to last way longer on a single battery than my hopper if I was using it on demand :2c::peace:

That's why I prefer the term "bowl" over session. However, the Hopper can certainly still be used in a session, even if it's powered down between hits. @muunch has a vid temp stepping his GH, which I would very much consider a session.

Thanks for the feedback!

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Jill NYC

chaos191

Hi Hopefully someone can help. My p80 is badly in need of conditioning and I grabed some bars of organic beeswax This was suggested and was wondering what the Best way to condition the wood would be,. My unit is quite dry and looks drab and not shiny anymore. Thanks
:peace:

chaos191,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom