Tetra P80

Mr_SpaceCadet

Does this need a lot of technique? Especially inhaling. I hate having to inhale very precisely to get something to work.

What do you think of how it works and what tips would you give?

Mr_SpaceCadet,
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Does this need a lot of technique? Especially inhaling. I hate having to inhale very precisely to get something to work.

What do you think of how it works and what tips would you give?

It works with a variety of inhale but I find best if you kind of rip it, convection heating depends on airflow to get the paper, so most devices with this heating technology do have some level of technique involved... Depends on the user really, but in my experience this one can be very easy to hand to anyone. You'll see in this thread that there are a lot of different ways to use it so it's about finding the best ways that work for you.

Shit Snacks,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Hi Hopefully someone can help. My p80 is badly in need of conditioning and I grabed some bars of organic beeswax This was suggested and was wondering what the Best way to condition the wood would be,. My unit is quite dry and looks drab and not shiny anymore. Thanks
:peace:

Get some Eds Bomb AssWax. Thank Ed later!

Anyone try these packs?
IMREN IMR 18650 GOLD 3500MAH 30A

FlyingLow,
Reactions: chaos191

1nd3cEnt

Anyone try these packs?
IMREN IMR 18650 GOLD 3500MAH 30A

Expensive at $6.99 each, but rated only 10 amps maximum continuous, probably insufficient current for the Tetra?

Compared to:
Samsung 30Q : 15 amps maximum continuous,
Sony/Murata VTC5D : 25 amps maximum continuous,
Molicel P26A : 35 amps maximum continuous,

1nd3cEnt,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I thought they were 30a?

I know nothing of this 18650, and none of these sites make it easy to sort by mAh capacity or Amp...

Does a 3500+mah pack exist with true 25+amp ratings?

(Fuck- EVERY manufacturer lies about amp!)

FlyingLow,

1nd3cEnt

I thought they were 30a?

Yes, but 30 amps maximum pulse, not maximum continuous. My TetraX usually consumes between 9 to 15 amps when in operation, so I am assuming that the Tetra heater requires a minimum of 15 amps continuous.

Last edited:
1nd3cEnt,

dimmusp

Question for those who have ordered a p80 sucessfully and those who unfortunately had their order refunded.

If you don't mind me asking how long did it take to either get a confirmation that your order was successful or a refund? I'm a little anxious to know if i managed to secure a unit or not.:|

HypochonIRL,

1nd3cEnt

how long did it take to either get a confirmation that your order was successful or a refund?

If your attempt was unsuccessful, you would have received notification from Lamart within hours, from what I have observed. Is it possible to check your credit card company or bank for indication of withdrawal of funds by Lamart Industries?

1nd3cEnt,
If your attempt was unsuccessful, you would have received notification from Lamart within hours, from what I have observed. Is it possible to check your credit card company or bank for indication of withdrawal of funds by Lamart Industries?

Oh yeah i've been charged(Listed as pending actually), My bank is just a little hypervigilant.

Usually i'm really happy about that but I have had an issue in the past with ordering an item internationally then making a domestic purchase and winding up with a hold on my account. Guess i'll have to get back on with ye ole bank in the morning.

HypochonIRL,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
My only regret was NOT upgrading for inlay. I really had no idea or reference at the time, but all I have seen since are stunning with beautiful craftsmanship.

My only regret was NOT upgrading for inlay. I really had no idea or reference at the time, but all I have seen since are stunning with beautiful craftsmanship.

Yeah, i was originally looking at getting a custom unit with an inlay.

Ever since i found out about the p80's i've been drooling over the Steamed Pear and Japanese Oak woods. The Purpleheart too now that I think about it.

Maybe next time:brow:

Edit.
Turns out i did get lucky. My status has changed to packaging. The anticipation is starting to set in now:D

Last edited:

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
If you missed out on the last drop. Will you get an email for the next drop. Can't wait to try my luck again.

Melting Pot,

Stonedbadger

I was just wondering if anyone new what the recommended top temperature it is for the P80?

Cheers

Stonedbadger,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I bet each unit varies slightly, but I am getting max extraction and feel I am pushing it close to combustion at 440 and 450 settings with Cruise mode.

FlyingLow,

Shit Snacks

Got my 420 order yesterday, 2 weeks to Cali via priority without tracking, great value of course:

IMG-20200512-002624948.jpg

IMG-20200512-120718233.jpg

IMG-20200512-120843840.jpg

Only had one bowl so far with bent insert and amaze, using capsule without lid, five hits at 385F, one at 395, 415, and 425 to finish. Nice smooth clouds with great taste, though this is some very delicious fresh lemon cake herbs...

Much more testing to do, need to find a basket screen that I can use instead of capsules too (I didn't get these for the capsules, but fun to try!)

Last edited:

dimmusp

Got my 420 order yesterday, 2 weeks to Cali via priority without tracking, great value of course:

IMG-20200512-002624948.jpg

IMG-20200512-120718233.jpg

IMG-20200512-120843840.jpg

Only had one bowl so far with bent insert and amaze, using capsule without lid, five hits at 385F, one at 395, 415, and 425 to finish. Nice smooth clouds with great taste, though this is some very delicious fresh lemon cake herbs...

Much more testing to do, need to find a basket screen that I can use instead of capsules too (I didn't get these for the capsules, but fun to try!)
Looks cool! How does the cooling (and the vapor in general) compare to the spiked bent stem and the nub?

dimmusp,

Shit Snacks

Looks cool! How does the cooling (and the vapor in general) compare to the spiked bent stem and the nub?

Too soon to say, and frankly maybe too many variables that are different... If I can get a basket screen going that might be a fairer comparison, capsule itself is too different I think, aside from the wood stem vs glass being different... but I think the cooling is very effective and it doesn't get as hot to hold as the other two, though the bent insert is much longer too (haven't tried small insert yet) Also in my experience none of them really do that amazing job of cooling vapor, it still feels hot and harsh if you take a big rip, but better than nothing! Theoretically the amaze should help the stem stay cooler during a session, with the nub getting much hotter for me, and short spiky bendy getting hot but having a place to hold it safely near the tip. I have others as well (custom horned long spiky bent, plain long bent stems, the whip, and the mini j hook, I'm a strong advocate for the last two)

Last edited:
Top Bottom