1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Technical Question: Why is it so hard to build a functional dry herb mod for ecigs?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by mrweed, Jun 30, 2014.

1. mrweed

mrweed vaporizer review blogger

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why is it such a big problem? I don't know much about technology, but i'm thinking since a while, that a simple bimetal trip could keep the herbs from combusting. the same mechanism the iolite and wispr work with, i believe. Can't this be used for an ecig somehow? Another idea would be to program a heating interval, that stops heating from time to time automatically, so that the herb chamber never gets too hot. Might take a lot of time to find such an interval that works with different herbs, but i think that can be done with a lot of temperature measuring.

Maybe someone knows why these things can't work. I'm not an engineer and could never implement such things, so I might be wrong, for sure.
  2. clouded vision

clouded vision Well-Known Member

The thermovape Evo is a 510 threaded herb cart that works on a mech mod, but it generates a tremendous amount of heat, so much so that any mod that isn't insulated will get too hot to hold. There is no way around it, it takes a lot of heat energy to vaporize dry herb.
    Seren, 215z, farscaper and 2 others like this.
  3. OF

OF Well-Known Member

That, I think, is the key to the castle. Evolution uses 20 Watts, give or take, and has to build up heat before the hit (not possible except in convection systems). Far past most e-cigs ability.

Physics is against the idea.

OF
    Seren, 215z, farscaper and 2 others like this.
  4. Jenna_Kitten

Jenna_Kitten New Member

Ecig batteries usually cannot provide enough power to vaporize dry herb.
  5. mrweed

mrweed vaporizer review blogger

but they manage to combust them?! doesn't make sense to me.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors