Swamp Water / Golden Dragon a use for your abv/avb

medme

ex-smoker by choice
my jar is filling up with ABV... can't wait.... i want to sleep better, without just drinking.... the last green dragon i made worked pretty good,, but i'm hoping this ABV will be the ticket.. i'm saving my trim for another batch of green dragon... might have to go on a road trip for more everclear...

medme,

Beezleb

I recommend that people keep it out of light. Especially sunlight as light will degrade it.

Beezleb,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Beezleb said:
I recommend that people keep it out of light. Especially sunlight as light will degrade it.
Good tip. That is a fact I always forget to tell people. I only brown glass dropper bottles too!

Vitolo,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
what kind of store carries the empty tincture bottles? i don't want to order from the net.. thanks..

medme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Health food stores.. The "hippie" kind of places, that sell bulk foods and incense and bodyoils etc.
Some GNC stores have them (General Nutrition Center)
Photoon2011-05-18at1353.jpg

30 ml mixing bottle with pipette for essences

I went into a local "Sunflower Market" for mine. They may be in your city too.
http://www.sunflowermarkets.com:80/Default.aspx

Vitolo,

Tuck

I got mine at an herb shop (herb as in herbs, not mj). You might also try a pharmacy.

Tuck,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Good morning Bud Lovers.
Breakfast menu
Blueberries and cream Oatmeal with 3 grams of AVB
Chilled Apple Juice with 4 drops of Green Dragon tincture
1 wand of Afghani Kush -freshly vaped
Here's to wishing all of you a smooth and worry free day!
:)
P.S. I just added a half a brownie for desert... uh oh

Vitolo,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
@ Vitolo,,,,, lets do breakfast tomorrow... i'll bring some blue dream... :brow:

medme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Imagine me on that cloud that was provided by my breakfast. I opened the letter that was in the mail.
After a long fight, Arizona has legalized Medical Marijuana. A coma survivor, with partial paralysis, spasticity, pain, and nausea, I lost my lower colon a year ago.
My body could barely go on. I am no longer a smoker.. I vaporize, and make tinctures, oils, and more.
I have had to do this under the cover of dark alleys and in secret, to get through a morning without vomiting... to walk a smooth gait.
That is over now. I opened my mail this morning.
It's Done!
Photoon2011-05-19at11024.gif

Yes... it was indeed a very good breakfast!

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Huzzah, Vitolo! (hooray yay woot hurrah hurray woohoo awesome huzzah! booyah hazzah joy fun cheer avoid rad love sweet hooah balls huzzizle happy yes)

(Also, I really enjoyed your "i'll be your waiter" stream of consiousness breakfast, very swanky restaurant!)

VWFringe,

Vitolo

Vaporist
VWFringe said:
Huzzah, Vitolo! ...etc.
Thanks for those congrats- It is a meaningful day! I did supplement this with a lunch that included a half ABV Canna/Peanut butter sandwich. Having a relaxed day to say the least!

Vitolo,

sundaddy

Congratulations, you sound like you needed a break in life. I just started experimenting with edibles about 2 weeks ago, and it floored me... almost to much. Do you find that if you keep eating edibles that you get to a happy place that's more manageable?

sundaddy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
sundaddy said:
Do you find that if you keep eating edibles that you get to a happy place that's more manageable?
I think if you moderate your "dosage" you will get to a happy place!. You just ate more than you needed of some herb that was good. All weeds are a little different in strength.
I eat "meds" prepared from green leaf, but I no longer make them myself... I would rather vape my meds, as they are spectacular.
That being said, I cook, and bake, and make butter, oil etc with vaped weed.
Since the more "mind active" cannabinoids are vaped.. the cannabinoids left are very medicinal.. pain managing.. sleep inducing. You can not generalize what a good dosage is.. nor can you easiliy grow accustomed through "practice" to get to a happy place if you have ingested more than your body needed.
SO....
:ko: The happy place :ko:
Test each batch you make of whatever "dish" you have prepared... and do some measuring.
Keep track out how much herb you put in the mix use your eye and your head. I generalize that I need a heaping teaspoon of powdered browned unvaped weed for each serving as a start. If the weed was fresh and you browned it for cooking, just prior, it will be very strong, ... toasted but not actually vaped.
I consider with vaped weed, 1 - 2 heaping taespoons as a guideline (not for cooking but for eating).
If a brownie pan is to be cut into 16 pieces, make the 1st batch with 16 teaspoons.
then you know what you are eating. 1 piece = one teaspoon.
Test it out on an unfull stomach. eat 1 piece. wait at least an hour to an hour and a half before eating a second one.
If you want to learn, make note of the times.
You will soon find the happy place, quite manageable.
It is not "getting used to it" that makes it just right. It is dosage related. It's happened to all of us!

Vitolo,

sundaddy

Thanks, I was using some Magic Flight ABV that still had some love left in it. I just poured about 1.5 - 2 teaspoons on a graham cracker with some peanut butter and I was FUBAR'd for 8 hours. I didn't realize that the 11 Hydroxy THC that my liver metabolized, was that different from the vaping experience. It's far more "trippy". I'm definitely looking forward to conducting further experiments.

sundaddy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The heavier cannabinoids release with heat at the highest temperature. I mostly use my vaped edibles for rest and relaxation (and better sleep).
How about a short edible AND vape story of an experience from RIGHT now... brought to you live!

My "Stovetop Sniff & Whiff Vaporizer" light prose/true story real-time
(getting vaped while cooking)
I've been collecting ABV for years from very high grade medicinal MJ. I also use it regularly, but sometimes supplies dwindle.
I use edibles to sleep, and to get pain relief.
Low today on ABV, and regrouping my collection, I needed to create a nightime edible, without also depleting my green Dragon stash, or daytime "treats".
I sure wasn't going to cook with my unvaped "meds"!
I acquired some good grade "comersh" sativa for the brownies I was about to make.
I don't cook with totally green herb.
I sure couldn't vape an ounce of herb in a sitting!
SO..
I threw the sack into a blender on low, to not smash up any seeds.
I ran the ground herb through the strainer.
I stuck the debris from strainer in Olive oil in the oven at 300 for 35 minutes.
I put the clean herb on this frying pan, and I..
(here's the part where I got baked!)
2hgu6ix.jpg

I heated it on a low/medium flame and stirred constantly as it heated.
As the herb turned a light tan, whisps of vapor rose, and that Old familiar scent danced upon the lining of my nostrils. "Ahh vape". As I stirred I breathed repeatedly, very close to the skillet.
I realized I was stoned! Not a bad buzz either!
The rest was easy (since I walked the rest of the way on a cloud of vapor!)
Oil strained.. Skillet Vaped weed in the mix eggs water
I am baked and brownies are baking.
Talk to you soon friends!

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
The Results!
They were simply great!
I made them in a disposable aluminum round baking dish, so they were Pie shaped.
Slept late thanks to them.
They were more uplifting than AVB brownies, in that the weed was not totaled, only lightly tanned!

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
RESULTS
In earlier posts, there are complete instructions for making brownies from a mix using native (raw weed).

The recipe below is for making brownie like pastries from scratch, using only ABV

Many people make cannabutter or cannaoils from their ABV first before making edibles. ABV is already cooked, and so is already to eat. I do not mind the taste or texture so this recipe was a fast simple one, as I used straight ABV!

Ingredients

? 1/4 cup shortening (I use unsalted butter)

? 1 cup light brown sugar, packed

? 1 eggs

? 3/4 cup flour

? 1 teaspoon baking powder

? 1/2 teaspoon salt

? 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

? 1 oz. ABV (less can be used)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready a well-greased and floured 8- x 8- x2-inch square baking pan.

** NOTE- I do not use square. Square is easier to cut portions. (I use round pans for personal use.. just a preference!)

2. Melt shortening over low heat. Remove from heat and blend in brown sugar. Cool. Stir in egg.

3. Sift together and stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in vanilla and ABV.

4. Spread in prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes, until a light touch with finger leaves a slight imprint. Do not overbake.

5. Cut into 12 pieces

6. Note: Bars will remain good indefinitely if frozen. I actually eat mine frozen often!
Untitled-1.jpg

Vitolo,

anivape

Thanks Beezleb for the idea.
I'm doing 50ml of avb(1/4~1/2oz), with enough everclear to reach 100ml,
into a small mason jar without shoulders.
soak/shake/soak/etc for a day, leaving it in the dark..
then pour/squeeze thru 12 layer cheesecloth into a wide mouth glass cup
let air out overnight under a fan.
it reduces to around a little under 50 ml, with some thick dark resin blobs.
ready for a batch of hard candy. easier to share.. :)

One of these days I might try a VG transfer.
:peace:

anivape,

ChickenSurfer

Has anyone tried using abv to make an iced tea or coffee? I've recently been using my abv it to make some dark chocolate treats, as I can mortar and pestle it down to a powder and just mix it - it's so easy. The abv taste mixes very well with the slight bitterness of the dark chocolate, and I feel the taste would meld even better with coffee or tea. Thoughts?

Edit: Maybe mix the abv in the creamer? The lipids should make it soluble.

ChickenSurfer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes.
I have done this... but it comes with a WARNING if using swamp water or ABV tincture!
Swamp water has THC oils. they congeal when cold.
Prove this by taking a chilled clear glass with an inch of apple juice or gatorade... and squirt in some of your ABV tincture. It will cloud up. Stir well, and then drink it..
after drinking it look inside of the glass. you will see oily deposits.. rinse the glass.. the oil is hard to remove.
I would drink the iced beverage quickly after mixing to avoid the separation that continues after the oils hit cold.. then I would use a shot of hot water to rinse the glass and get your oils.
Room temperature, and warmer do best.

Vitolo,

ChickenSurfer

Yea, I noticed this when adding tincture to soda. That oil is extremely hard to clean off, haha. There must be some way to prevent the thc from congealing - after all, it doesn't happen in medicinal bottled soda tinctures.

ChickenSurfer,
Top Bottom