Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
minnesnowta said:
It had a taste similar to a pd for me but seemed to have more airflow than the pd. That was the one thing I hated about the pd with a bong.
Awesome! I have the same love of taste but same complaint of bonging with my Zap. Im glad to hear that I will be getting the BEST OF BOTH now! :)

Im so stoked!

AGBeer,

lwien

Ya know, the only thing that's keeping me from getting one of these is the efficiency issue. I use my PD almost exclusively thru my bong 'cause it gets me to where I want to be really fast. Two hits, one reallyl big, and one half as big from one stem does it for me, but I would think that with the Supreme, I'd go thru a lot more bud, so my question is this. Can I load up the Supreme with one PD stems worth of bud and get a solid one and half to two hits?

lwien,

FEAR420

lwien said:
Ya know, the only thing that's keeping me from getting one of these is the efficiency issue. I use my PD almost exclusively thru my bong 'cause it gets me to where I want to be really fast. Two hits, one reallyl big, and one half as big from one stem does it for me, but I would think that with the Supreme, I'd go thru a lot more bud, so my question is this. Can I load up the Supreme with one PD stems worth of bud and get a solid one and half to two hits?
Quite efficiently sir. When I had my MZ I used to load up a stem,then blow it out into the SV. ;)

FEAR420,

lwien

FEAR420 said:
Quite efficiently sir. When I had my MZ I used to load up a stem,then blow it out into the SV. ;)
Really? And you could get two pretty good hits off that? That's great. Like others have said here, the only thing that I don't like regarding hitting the PD thru a bong is the restricted airflow of the PD, but then again, I thought that it was that restricted airflow that helped with the efficiency.

That's good to know regarding the Supreme. I've tried loading up one PD stems worth into an Iolite, a Buddha, a VapoStar and the Zephyr, and got less than good results which kept me going back to the PD/Bong combo.

lwien,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
You know on a side note to the PD, I've just recently just barely covering the PD screen which, though it's an ungodly small amount, still gets me an airy but full white-walling hit.
To keep it on topic, considering the similarities in bowl design and relative size between the PD and the SV this might work moderately well on the SV too, considering its herculean strength in extraction.

Maybe something to try sometime

sneezyjesus,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I don't think the Supreme is suited for small bowls and I personally don't think you would enjoy it Iwien if you used it that way.

It does work well with small amounts... but with the heatup time and general messing around, it's not a great choice for someone that's ALWAYS going to use small amounts.

This vape is meant to be packed 1/2-full and milk tubes out and give lung busting hits which it does quickly... but I would HATE to load single stems into the SV and sit there with a torch just to get thin hits.

PS. Just FYI I put ~4-5 PD bowls into my Supreme (full bowl takes around 7-8).

Chubba,

Raf007

Retailer
Still waiting on that torch, dealextrem after 14 days of waiting finally updated my order status today (but dated the update on the 18): out of stock :uhoh: I'm pissed !
So meanwhile I ordered another torch somewhere else but it's still 14 days to wait.

SO, I stopped with the stove, advice, BE CAREFULL with the electric stove, my temp screene had a temporary reaction due to the surrounding heat.

So instead I'm using my camping butane gaz, takes like 60 sec to reach the 400 !
(waiting on the GF reaction when she'll see that :lol: )

Does any one go higher than 400 btw ?

Raf007,

Wolface

I would think that 400 degrees would be pretty close to combustion, I have gone to 370 with excellent results so far. As mentioned before not all readouts read the same so find the max sweet spot of your unit but don't go over it.:ko:

Wolface,

Wolface

The owners manual says do not operate at temperatures over 330! I guess we'll be voiding that warranty a bit then!:rolleyes:

Wolface,

Raf007

Retailer
the owner manual is for tobacco. :cool:
I went a little above 400 (my temp stops at 400, it's normal, right ?) and did not reach combustion.

Raf007,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I've settled on between 330-340 for my perfect hits.

I try to never go above 350, but I don't mind 340-350 because I can get 2 super thick hits before having to reheat.

NOWHERE near combustion, just a nice medium brown and dry as a bone after 7-8 hits.

I've been messing around with double torches (1 either side) and my initial heatup time from 0 to 340 is 23 seconds :ninja::ninja::ninja: jumping by 20-25 degrees.

Chubba,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Raf, based on my own unit, 400 is the max the readout goes up to but IMO, there is no reason to be vaping that high. You get very potent, visible vapor at 270. Even though there is no combustion, if your herb is getting charred or just really dark brown, you would be getting something in addition to just vapor.

Whenever I get a new vaporizer, I always try and calibrate it against my Steinel heat gun. I'm using 100% unscientific method of comparing the vaped herb in my new vape and the vaped herb from the heat gun. 270 on the Supreme seems to match up with 360 on the Steinel. I havent measured what 400 on the Supreme is compared to the heat gun but I can confidently say that it would be higher than what is normally considered the "safe" temp range of vaporizing.

It is definitely still better than smoking and if you prefer the smokier type vapor at that temp, by all means keep vaping at 400 but if you wanted to get benzene free vapor, I would max out at around 325 on the Supreme.

stonemonkey55,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
GAHHHH!!! I raced home today expecting my Supreme to be waiting for me in my mailbox, but instead found the "You can pick up your package tomorrow" note.

Damn... One more day :)

AGBeer,

Raf007

Retailer
Ok, thx again for the tips.
Comparing abv is a good idea, and when I compare with my Cano's abv the one from the SV are way darker.
Will maybe keep it in the low temps then, coz I don't want to go back health wise ;) especially that I already got use to vape everything in one hit when at 400.

Last question, is there a kind of polish on the wood just under the metal part ? coz this area is a little darker than the rest. (could be from the heat of the stove maybe) ?
I'm asking that, coz I just slightly burned the wood of this area (but not the weed ;) ) with my camping gaz flame, and I'm wondering if I should put a layer of something to protect it a bit.

Raf007,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Last question, is there a kind of polish on the wood just under the metal part ? coz this area is a little darker than the rest. (could be from the heat of the stove maybe) ?
I'm asking that, coz I just slightly burned the wood of this area (but not the weed wink ) with my camping gaz flame, and I'm wondering if I should put a layer of something to protect it a bit.
LOL, half of my top is pretty much black :D Doesn't affect my unit. I've adjusted my technique and I'm not burning it anymore.

I'm 100% certain for me it's from putting the torch too close to the heat exchanger (at times, nearly point blank) and the flame sort of pancakes out and part of it (at least from a Blazer GB2001 point blank) spills off the bottom and touches the wood.

Chubba,

Raf007

Retailer
ok LOL, I'm not the only one then :D

Me too am sure it's from putting the torch to close and the flames being spilled off the bottom for the darkest area. But what's not burned was still darker than the rest before the burning.

Anybody puts any wax of some kind on it ?

Raf007,

FEAR420

I use Myrtle Zap polish on mine & it looks AWESOME!!!! MZ polish is a bees wax polish IIRC. Works wonders. Look into it ;)

FEAR420,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Chubba said:
I don't think the Supreme is suited for small bowls and I personally don't think you would enjoy it Iwien if you used it that way.

It does work well with small amounts... but with the heatup time and general messing around, it's not a great choice for someone that's ALWAYS going to use small amounts.

This vape is meant to be packed 1/2-full and milk tubes out and give lung busting hits which it does quickly... but I would HATE to load single stems into the SV and sit there with a torch just to get thin hits.

PS. Just FYI I put ~4-5 PD bowls into my Supreme (full bowl takes around 7-8).
Oh don't worry, I'm well aware as to the capabilities of the Supreme when packed to it's intended capacity, as is anyone who saw those beastly rips on the videos the page before.
I've recently been low on bud though, and I recalled what kumarnofumar (sp?) said about the supreme being just titanic at extracting ALL of the goods from the bud. In times of need, what better a tool to have :brow:

sneezyjesus,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Wow... Just picked mine up a bit ago and played with it for a bit. Woweeeee.

I DO definitely need a better torch though. I made the mistake of going and picking up (a Blazer no less) but one made for cigars. :(

I might hit Bed Bath and Beyond and pick up a creme brulee torch from there tonight.

EDIT

Gotta say, that creme brulee torch gets that thing heated up in VERY short order now. I managed to burn the wood and know how to avoid that in the future :ko:

I hit that thing with the whip and got by far the biggest all vapor lung buster in my life. I managed to milk 4-5 more hits from it before I dumped its contents. I was surprised because it got to 330 + rather quickly. Definitely cashed my weed... (No combustion!) And I am trashed :p

AGBeer,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Some news from Ed,

Firstly, he was nice enough to offer a special deal for us. Mention that you're from FC and you can get a Supreme for $178.00 including 2-3 day Priority shipping (plus CA tax if applicable) good until 2010-06-30.

There's also a new model in the works which should be out in a the coming months. Here's a little info:

The new model will use the same heating element, will have a special cap for insulating the heating element (when it's not being heated) attached to the wood body, a new screen system, and a easy fast packing system. The price will stay the same.
More info as it becomes available.

vtac,

kaleimud

Illiterate Baffoon
Nobody likes reading "Me too!" posts, but just to add my own two cents, holy cow this thing is the proverbial bees knees.

Screw my `cano, save it for a party novelty. The SV is the real deal.

I'm calling my RooR/SV combo Daisy. Those of you who've milked one of these bovines knows why. Moo!

I wanted to add that I own a slew of various single, double and triple torch lighters and several of the Dealextreme models, but I am using a Bernzomatic Powercell propane torch for the SV. My circumstances don't require discretion and the environment is suitably safe. It is hot, steady and self-lighting, and it just plain works better than the smaller lighters. The flame is easily directed and I am careful to aim it away from the wood part and I like to move it all around the outside of the HE, particularly on the corners, if for no other reason than because it lends to me a sense of thoroughness.

After having used the SV for about a week now, it has become my preferred method of consumption. I've been vaping for many years and had never managed to find a route that satiated that ritual bong rip and that sudden almost psychedelic reminder of WHY we do bong rips in the first place. I can honestly say that from where I am sitting right now, I can't see myself flicking a bic to a bowl again, the SV has combustion beat hands-down, and this time not just in terms of efficiency and safety, but in sheer satisfaction.

One more thing - I love the little button that backlights the temperature readout. That comes in handy when I am firing up the torch to warm up a hit in sheer darkness...

kaleimud,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Well, with some time under my belt with this vape, I gotta say...Holy cow... I would imagine that this thing is fun to hit through the bong more often, I am perfectly satisfied with the whip method. It makes quick work of relatively little material. Better torch is definitely in order if you get one of these :) I love mine.

I know what I was going to ask - how is this thing with vaping hash? Has anyone had any successes/failures?
Thx

AGBeer,
Top Bottom