Suggestion: Being able to search within a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowrolling

In the main vaporizer forum there are absolutely huge threads for each vaporizer. It takes massive amounts of time to read through them looking for info. It would be really nice to have the ability to search a specific thread for a post and would save many people a ton of time :2c:.

Just a suggestion, wasn't sure which forum this should go in.

slowrolling,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Limiting a search to a specified thread would be useful I agree. It's not a feature that we have available, but you can run it by the FluxBB authors.

The search options we do have are useful if utilized fully. You can read more about them here. :)

vtac,

shadyonedeath

Can we get a "search this thread" feature? (merged)

It would help a ton in those 150+ page threads.

Thanks!

shadyonedeath,

Ville23

Totally agree with this....I think it's the only weakness with these great forums!
Someone who is interested in the MFLB and comes here to see a 600+ page thread can get a bit intimidated.
"search this thread" would help a lot! Vaporpedia is nice for just a general rundown.

Or maybe the threads can be broken down into more specific areas, like an "owners thread"?
Because after a while, the same questions get asked and answered over & over again.

But needless to say, I've already learned a TON on these boards and it's nice to be a part of such a great community :)

Ville23,

lwien

From another perspective, when reading thru these threads, you will find out information that you had no idea to search for. In other (much better) words, you don't know what you don't know. ;)

lwien,

weedemon

enthusiast
I think this is a great idea! I was going to make a post asking the same thing actually!

weedemon,

Stone__Man

that would be wonderful :) is this a fluxbb limitation? I don't know JACK about setting up or running anything, but I have seen many forums that use this software. One such forum has over 1 million members, all the way down to forums with a few hundred members. here is google of it phpbb

again don't know jack just trying to help :peace:

Stone__Man,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I know PHP pretty well (have made dozens of websites). So, if one of the mods wants me to "mod" FluxBB to do anything special - please feel free to ask.

sessnet,

rayski

I have Firefox and use the Re-pagination add-on to search more than one page.
Sometimes I find an author search helpful.

rayski,

Jiltut

Yeah I agree with this slowrolling & others here, to be honest I don't have the concentration or ability to flip through several pages to find what I'm looking for, if I'm after something specific I usually have to use google which normally points me to an FC page anyway.

Being able to search through a thread is a massive help to me, though this forum rocks & there are always new interesting posts/discussion to read on most threads here, if there isn't people are always more than happy to help or point you in the right direction. :)

Jiltut,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This software has a thread search feature but it's not obvious how to use it. For those who haven't figured it out yet, when you click on the search box in the upper right corner of the thread page, you'll get a search drop-down that includes a check box to search only within the thread. It's got more features than that, but I leave the rest as an exercise for the reader.

pakalolo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom