1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

strongest strain

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by Debo175, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

Good times! Purchased in Amsterdam in 2013. So sticky, couldn't shake it out of the grinder. Two weeks worth of AVB washed down with Jupiter beer fueled Mardi Gras in Binche! How does it compare to Matanuska Thunderfuck and Gorilla Glue (available as an auto)?

[​IMG]
    One of the world's best parties for over 700 years, an ancient open-air unisex urinal stretches a city block!

Fun thread! Seed shopping for next season. Nice to see so many growers. Very sensitive to energetic effects, even couch-lock indicas are often too energetic. What's the couch-lockiest strain? Not OG, don't like the entheogen effects. Prefer stable genetics, something that breeds true.

Forgive non-linearity. What's a mega-whitey? Sounds pretty cool. :ko:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Strongest strain I've ever had (most psychoactive) was Amnesia Haze at Paradox shop in Amsterdam. It became a truly psychedelic experience and then went beyond that as a "mega-whitey" hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to "sit it out" at Paradox for two hours before biking back to my host's house :(

Trypsy Summers and Accept like this.
  3. Amoreena

Amoreena Grown up Flower Child

For me recently, it's been Alaskan Thunder Fuck. :ko: @h3rbalist mentioned it on the previous page. But I don't think there is a definitive answer. Depends on the batch and the individual user.

Trypsy Summers and muunch like this.
  4. stonecreek

stonecreek New Member

so true @Amoreena , nowadays I think there is alot of mixing up of the different names/strains. we are still a long ways off from having this sh*t organized for real.... so your ATF strain may not be the same ATF as I get from my local dispensary. god have mercy....

5. A1

A1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These three batches are the strogest I've ever vaped :uhh::drool::ko:

HighSeasSailor and Squiby like this.
  6. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

L A Confidential and Northern Lights, every time I get those two strains I can always count on a powerful punch. They aren't the most flavorful though. I save them for before bed. Often with other strains it depends on the crop or the plant.

I like Alaskan Thunder Fuck too but again depends on a particular batch or plant. I've had some that was really potent then again bought at a different times and it wasn't as strong but good. Every so often I see that strain at the cannabis store.

Really love having so many choices.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  7. turk

turk turk

...star trek super kush is good...so are thin mint cookies...lavestan...and gorilla glue #4...jesus og is a fav of my gf...

Trypsy Summers, CarolKing and Squiby like this.
  8. organicali

organicali Active Member

Hard to say, everything I've purchased in the past year has been tested at 30% minimum. Locks up my grinder after 3-4 uses. I've noticed equal potency across all 30%+ flower.

9. kellya86

kellya86 Herb gardener...

I had some 32% purple dogbud...
    And some 29% grapestomper...

But much prefered the 15% keylimepie I had...
    Effects and taste....

It's not all about thc...

10. organicali

organicali Active Member

Agreed, I have had lots of bud 20-22% which was just as enjoyable as 30% + I do notice I don't get as many draws when vaporizing (makes sense)

Also, the one thing I appreciate about high potency is I know the plants were grown optimally well cared for. If they weren't they would not have that kind of THC levels. The most terpene rich flowers I've had are also the highest THC

Squiby, kellya86 and CarolKing like this.
  11. CarolKing

How can you trust the THC labels on the product that you are using? I've been reading about how some results are inflated because people pay more money for higher THC levels. Go with a producer that you know and trust.

We had a analytical company in WA that was under investigation. It was shown they were inflating the THC levels. Producers were getting faulty results.

Some areas of the cannabis plant produces more THC than other places, I was reading.

Ive had some pretty high THC levels from Gorilla Glue. I could tell just by how it effected me.

I would be sceptical and take THC levels with a grain of salt. Buy a small amount of a strain then go back and buy more if you really like it.

I've had 22% THC levels and had another cannabis saying 30% and the 22% got the job done better than the 30% level. Use good judgement.

I will have to admit, I don't buy cannabis 18% or lower. I could be getting scammed as well. A bud tender once suggested a strain they had and it said 16% THC. I hesitated but took his advice. It was strong and felt to me to be much higher than the 16% THC.

Can we believe what's labeled on our cannabis medicine? Your body would know best I think.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  12. organicali

organicali Active Member

13. organicali

organicali Active Member

SC Labs tests all the flowers I buy. I trust them as they pioneered the THC testing industry. I'm sure there are other companies and are completely or slightly phoney.

Squiby, kellya86 and CarolKing like this.
  14. kellya86

kellya86 Herb gardener...

This is true, but genetics plays a huge part too...
    No matter how well you grow something, sometimes that strain will just have its limit...

When I was in Colorado the label said the testing was performed to a 15% tolerance of accuracy...
    I think they are probably near enough, but maybe always end up on the generous side of the 15%...

CarolKing and Squiby like this.
  15. chris 71

chris 71 Well-Known Member

ive had a few high testing strains from tilray and tweed testing up to 30 or 31 %. and they were very nice dense buds , that as you said locked up my grinder pretty fast kind of a pain actually lol .

but i just wanted to mention a couple of the greasiest , stickiest strains ive gotten , that locked up my grinder just as fast if not faster lol . were a cannatonic and a cbd warlock from tilray both testing in and around 10 percent thc and 10 percent cbd they also both seemed to vape and vape for a long time i was very surprized by this .

16. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

you can't really judge by frostyness/trichome density - most of the thc accumulates on the outer layer of the glandular head ( http://hightimes.com/grow/the-anatomy-of-a-trichome/ )
    the size of the heads (got some larger than 160my, so the article is not that exact) matters
    for example only half the trichome density but double the head diameter - surface is d^2 means posibillity for double the thc (by theory)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  17. organicali

organicali Active Member

Makes sense. Some of my highest testing flowers are not the frostiest, but they are suuuper dense.

When I buy, I usually go by how loud the smell is.

Aizen-sama and kellya86 like this.
  18. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

I think smell is not a good indicator either. Had some impressive chronic with low smell but really fruity.

CarolKing, Squiby and kellya86 like this.
  19. CarolKing

In WA all the cannabis is sealed in a container, so its in a childproof package. I would imagine eventually it will be that way in CA too. It's sealed up and you can't smell it beforehand. Agreed it's hard to tell just from the smell.

Edit
    I don't like it that way either. That's what the legislature came up with. Its that way for both medical and legal. There is no distinction from the two. It has to be in a childproof container its the way the law was set.

I have so many jars saved up. I was hoping the producers would recycle them. I haven't heard anything.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  20. organicali

organicali Active Member

I would never want to buy it that way. I always bring my own jars and have them weigh out the buds of my choice from their bulk jar.

21. stoneleopard

stoneleopard Active Member

Strongest I've had was a sativa called golden goat that the dispensary had listed with a lab test around 29% THC. It made me switch from .05 loads to .03 until I ran out.

22. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

Golden Goat is one of my favorites. :luv::love::luv:

23. steama

steama Well-Known Member

a completely subjective question receives completely subjective answers :D

Amoreena, turk, KidneyStoner and 5 others like this.
  24. VaPurrDo

VaPurrDo Member

depends how its grown but as they say genetics plays a part... why botter about the strengh when you can simply load more and get as high

kellya86 and CarolKing like this.
  25. KidneyStoner

KidneyStoner Well-Known Member

Strongest what?
    Strongest high? Strongest pain killer? Strongest flavor? Strongest disease resistance?

kellya86 and turk like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors