Max3334

It works the best for me at 175C, btw!
It's the perfect microdoser IMO.
I can recommend this one

perfect, I was looking for something like that, I have a mini nail and the flowerpot shower head it’s just I was looking for something that I can take around with ease not worry about looking for a outlet, and something on demand style like where I can take a quick hit or too and turn it off.
I was thinking for the mean time to carb it with an oversized shot glass till I find something to fit it more properly.

Max3334,

Max3334

Have fun:D! make sure you check the resistance for your straw which will be written on a white sticker on the cable!

will do, now will that resistance change if I change the coil or is the resistance is for something else?

Max3334,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
continuation of the STRAW thread on fuckcombustion

STRAW

features:
  • full melt concentrate
  • 510 threaded attachment
  • on demand, instant heat-up time
  • temperature controlled
  • coil based and rebuildable
  • different shapes and sizes of coils possible (default: tri-fused clapton)
  • TUBO firmware supported (cruise control, self cleaning mode)
  • simple dosage control

kit includes:
  • straw 510 attachment
  • straw manual
  • one preinstalled coil
  • one replacement coil

Usage

hot drop method:

select temperature (150degC to 200degC on display is a good range), double click to enter cruise mode, the coil instantly gets to temperature. start inhaling and simultaneously apply full melt concentrate to the coil. stop applying and inhaling at any point.
alternatively the button can be pressed on demand while applying concentrate to the coil.

cold pre-loading method :
put some concentrate on the coil. select temperature, start inhaling and hold down the fire button for on-demand mode or double click for cruise control.

self cleaning:
use the warmup function as self cleaning mode, it will heat the coil to high temperature to burn off any residue. After 10 seconds it will switch back to the set temperature ready for the next round.

strawmanual.png

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Good call! I have one and it's the wax device I tend to use the more, it's very convenient to use, just use something to keep the mod and bubbler together it will help a lot to handle. It's very smooth and perfect for micro dosing, a good dab on your dabber can last a whole evening!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Since a while I thought about to add a sort of ceramic base like this one (the part on the left):
DSC06988-768x677.jpg
cause I found the Straw to create to much build up in my bubbler, most of the time the build up is caused by too high temp but here it's not the case but cause some too big dab causing them to drip in the bubbler, I thought it may help to add this part, any thoughts?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Since a while I thought about to add a sort of ceramic base like this one (the part on the left):
DSC06988-768x677.jpg
cause I found the Straw to create to much build up in my bubbler, most of the time the build up is caused by too high temp but here it's not the case but cause some too big dab causing them to drip in the bubbler, I thought it may help to add this part, any thoughts?

That is a cool idea, I have not had this issue with mine, I load very tiny dabs to make sure they all extract properly... However what I really need for this, is some sort of carb cap, there is too much open air everywhere leading to very wispy hits... I did find someone on Instagram who can make them custom, $50, thanks to someone sharing in this thread. I have not done it yet though, I ordered a replacement coil from Lamart during the sale with my Piro and some stems, so maybe once I figure out how to replace that it will be more enticing to use my straw and I can look into getting the carb cap as well for more effective use...

Shit Snacks,

Ipe17

I tried my new straw and I killed the coil at 200 C right away.
I have to place a new coil and start at 150... I was quite stoned, that did not help either. I even burned the wood...

Ipe17,

GoldenBud

I tried my new straw and I killed the coil at 200 C right away.
I have to place a new coil and start at 150... I was quite stoned, that did not help either. I even burned the wood...
you sure the resistance was locked?? as the sticker says? and TCR 185? weird
anyway, recheck before next use. i like it at 175C TCR 185 50W locked all

GoldenBud,

Ipe17

I am sure is user error. I will use your settings next time and see how it works...Thanks!!!

Ipe17,

Shit Snacks

I finally have a new coil coming with my Piro and stems, a little concerned about installing it properly and then resetting up my temp control, but we'll see how it goes for me! If good, I will probably have to finally get that glass dome cap custom-made too!

Shit Snacks,

Ipe17

I changed the coil last night. It was super easy. I then followed the instructions (which I did not the first time) to set up the mod, checking coil cold resistance, max temp and lowering locked resistance value until it was barely glowing in max temp in the dark. It all looks perfect now....but I will not have any more concentrates until monday to try it.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I gave a try to my idea since I had that spare part I mentionned in my previous post, it doesn't work cause hits are too much diluted and you have to pull hard to catch all the vapor, holes in the cup are too small so when you are pulling most air is coming from around that ceramic "base" diluting the vapor produced... too much. I tried to carb it but this is doesn't fix the issue in fact.

So I get back to the coil alone.

Shit Snacks

I just got my order of stems and piro from lamart, took about a month with no tracking from Switzerland to California... I only ordered a single coil for my straw, but they gave me the ten pack instead! Thanks @funkyjunky hopefully it's not too tough for me to figure out replacing it on my Straw...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Adobewan

GoldenBud

hey, I got my Straw long time ago. I lost its sticker...don't know what the resistance
for long time I had no RDA for it and now I can fix it

what is the average resistance of the original coil?

Top Bottom