FMSQ

Dab Scientist here seeking knowledge
@Padriano that double coil looks very intriguing, twice the surface area. Awesome.

I met a glass blower that created a custom glass cap for my straw. Helps to create some negative pressure that can be regulated with a finger.
Perfect for cold loading. See video and some pics here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtT0sbUhdwl/

I have a bunch of molecule coils and decided to try one in the straw. It works great, after conditioning the coil on my DNA75c and letting it cool down, the resistance read 0.438 Ω. I plugged 0.438 into the tubo setting in the firmware and set the temperature to 170 °C. Plenty of surface area and complete vaporization.

I like the straw.

2evdkqg.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Padriano that double coil looks very intriguing, twice the surface area. Awesome.

I met a glass blower that created a custom glass cap for my straw. Helps to create some negative pressure that can be regulated with a finger.
Perfect for cold loading. See video and some pics here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtT0sbUhdwl/

I have a bunch of molecule coils and decided to try one in the straw. It works great, after conditioning the coil on my DNA75c and letting it cool down, the resistance read 0.438 Ω. I plugged 0.438 into the tubo setting in the firmware and set the temperature to 170 °C. Plenty of surface area and complete vaporization.

I like the straw.

2evdkqg.jpg
Looks amazing dude ! :)) Also the video is great !

mephisto

Thanks @FMSQ for the tip about the Molecule coils. I mistakenly double tapped my fire button the other day and watched my coil disappear in a glowing ball of anger. I will try and condition a coil and then back to business. If you thought your custom glass blower might want to blow another cap for the Straw, I would invest, no question.

FMSQ

Thanks @FMSQ for the tip about the Molecule coils. I mistakenly double tapped my fire button the other day and watched my coil disappear in a glowing ball of anger. I will try and condition a coil and then back to business. If you thought your custom glass blower might want to blow another cap for the Straw, I would invest, no question.

You can contact and checkout the glass blower here: www.instagram.com/losco_glass/
I am sure he would be happy to help out.

You can contact and checkout the glass blower here: www.instagram.com/losco_glass/
I am sure he would be happy to help out.

For the molecule coils, I installed them first into the straw, then screwed the straw onto my DNA75c to condition the coil at 15 watts. Did this a few times along with some light strumming and then let the coil cool down to room temperature. I then re-checked the resistance on my DNA75c and my VooPoo Alpha1 and used that number (0.438) to plug into the tubo firmware.

Double tapping the fire button should enter cruise control mode, which is my preferred method. Just make sure you start low with the temp, around
150°C or 300°F. Also, I set the cruise control time limit to 10 seconds, so it turns off on it's own.

edit: Sorry for the double post, I meant to edit and add this to the post above it.

mod note: corrected

Last edited by a moderator:

mephisto

I was running my STRAW at 100C since I could not remember how to get it back to F. After the double tap, the coil lit up, I panicked and maybe tapped again??? By then the factory coil had become thermonuclear and it was toast. I will condition a coil with a different mod and then back it goes into the STRAW. I have yet to wade into adjusting settings. I also have a TUBO and never had the cajones to mess with anything setting related. Cruise control sounds cool, but I tend to be a 1 and done concentrate consumer. Thanks again for the guidance. I am not on Instagram, but I might need to change that in order to grab a cap.

Support@lamart

Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)
Company Rep

I like the straw.

2evdkqg.jpg
Looks awesome dude! Yep, similar thinking to you was to widen the surface area. I was just using the coils FJ sent me, but was eying up the flattened ones.. Otherwise theres potential for some stuff to drop between the 2 coils. Is the flattened one holding up ok? Sounds worth a go..

That cap is a great idea!

FMSQ

Looks awesome dude! Yep, similar thinking to you was to widen the surface area. I was just using the coils FJ sent me, but was eying up the flattened ones.. Otherwise theres potential for some stuff to drop between the 2 coils. Is the flattened one holding up ok? Sounds worth a go..

That cap is a great idea!

Thank you so much. This is the type of concentrate consumption experience I have been trying to find for years!

The flat coils work very well for cold loading and with the hot drop method. Definitely worth a go!
The increased surface area makes loading simpler, wicks up the melted concentrate, and vaporizes great.

It took some trial and error to get the flat coil completely dialed in. After all the harsh testing, and about a gram of concentrate, it was pretty caked up with carbon and the vaporization quality and the flavors were definitely affected. I was running it pretty hot, so that was my own fault.
I would regularly do a burn off and/or isopropanol wash/ultra-sonic cleaning, but the coils are only $1.50 each and I have about 30 of them, so I just tossed it.

Looking to try some multiple coil builds here soon.

I have to give credit to the glassblower on the cap. I found him on Instagram and came to him as a stranger with a rough idea of what I wanted, and he really impressed me with his work. It really helps to create some huge hits when cold loading. It is also fun to watch the action as it happens.

I recommend that everyone take the time to find and get to know their local glassblower. Instagram is the best tool for this.

Last edited:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
hellohello!

we are finally ready for the release of this one!
54511360_2212873328964928_7986596328724859078_n.jpg

there are some units prebuilt available on the store as of today. choices range from poplar and beech to different solid woods and combinations thereof. in the future there will be a configurator to select different woods for each wooden "layer" of the straw building deck.

there is a rough manual available on the site.

if the more than capable mono coil is not enough then there are a few solutions :D

PPN

Volute of Vapor
That Straw offer me perfect garden dabbing sessions! So fast to deliver smooth and tasty hits. My only issue is coming from the amount of reclaim building in the waterpipe... reminds me my experience with torch and nail... I don't know if it's only cause some drops of resin falls in the water ... usually I stick a large glob of shatter on a glass dabber and put it on the heated coil when I want to take a hit, the glob can last for a dozen of hits.

Any news about the carb cap? I agree it's not something you need in order to get the Straw works well but I bet it might improve very low temp dabbing as well for microdosing.

I paired mine with a small Vaporesso Target mini which does the trick very well for me in TC mode, just wished it can goes under 140°C (the mini T°) cause I feel the Straw can taste better, I bet I have to play with TCR n° to get the same result.

Hi, @funkyjunky , I didn't know it was still not available, I hope it will sell very well cause it's a game changer for me, it makes dabbing so fast and easy!

Abysmal Vapor

@PPN Get a mod that supports the TUBO software. Without it there is no temp control to keep it from overboiling,no compensation from the cooling,no wonder to me it is like torch and nail experience ,this is why e-nails get a lot less reclaim.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
@PPN Get a mod that supports the TUBO software. Without it there is no temp control to keep it from overboiling,no compensation from the cooling,no wonder to me it is like torch and nail experience ,this is why e-nails get a lot less reclaim.
Thanks, I have an Evic Mini but never installed the Tubo firmware... maybe cause I find that firmware intimidating... I'm not very good with this sort of stuff and it took me a lot of time to handle the TC features and I still can't trully master it and have to refer in a thread to find the good settings when I change the paired device. I'm very bad in electronic and forgotten it if I ever learned it at school... not all but the part relative to this topic never interested me... a mistake I'm paying now!

PPN,

Abysmal Vapor

@PPN It is actually pretty simple. It is never too late to overcome mental barriers in life.Just remember that almost everything is designed for idiots and requires only a little patience . I also didnt know shit about Ohms law and electricity in general,but the desire to make my own vapes have brought me trough that,and now if anything seems impossible i know that it is probably going to be just "hard" in worsecase scenario..
http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72
Here is a guide.
I prefer NFE tools instead of my evic for the update, i dunno why.
Here you download it https://nfeteam.org/
Then you download this http://tubo.lamart.ch/fw/180408-tubomyevic-warmup2cruise-autotempstep-beta.bin
Connect your device ,turn on the NFE tool , and load the downloaded file trough the firmware update feature form the menu.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thanks, thanks and thanks again!

Unfortunately I will be unable to do that today except if it rains enough to keep me at home. After working, playing with my daughter, playing different games with my wife and vaping a lot I haven't so much time for something else this days...

FMSQ

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
What settings are you guys using and how long are you running the device? Is this a low watt setup or high watt setup?

nosmoking,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
StormyPinkness,
Reactions: FMSQ

Abysmal Vapor

Wondered if any quartz rod inside the coils like on those old wave of chinese attys will do any good to the functions.Maybe it will vape better in preheat and dab mode,but also might be an extra cleaning obstacle :).
iu

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: FMSQ

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
185 as per the firmware default. displayed temps are not matching reality at all like this. you could tune tcr and coil resistance to match but then warmup mode would not double as the self cleaning function which is gold in my opinion.

Top Bottom