Strains for vaping

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Yeah I thought the may be the case. Clone only normally makes it to seed banks eventually. Will have to wait for that one.

Has anyone here vaped some proper uk exodus cheese? That was clone only once. Vaped some in my eq last night. My god it was sooo tasty. The pungent floral taste was amazing. Definately my tastiest vape yet. And not a bad vapor producer either.

Last edited:
kellya86,

MinnBobber

So would you recommend indica over sativa for vaping as indica generally has tighter buds. But I like the phycoactive part of being high which is why I chose the amnesia as it's 80% sativa. So now I have to hope it gets dense enough to produce good vapour

In my experience, the tightness of buds has zero to do with producing good vapor. The bud is ground/ shredded into small pieces so sativa/indica load is the same basic consistency.
It's the overall quality of the herb, be it sativa or indica, that determines vapor production.

Sounds like you should stick with sativa or sativa dominant hybrids as you like the psychoactive effects.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Very true it does all end up the same consistency. But is indicia microscopically denser. Are the molecules closer together?

Not that I'm doubting your knowledge or experience. If you say it's not a deciding factor then I believe you. Jus like to ask questions and learn.

Last edited:
kellya86,

grokit

well-worn member
I suppose both are good, but the danker the bud the more efficient vape you can get away with. Because my looser buds will get manicured differently, with more sugar leaves and such more material is needed per hit than with denser buds. This is not a growing forum but it has to do with the available lumens.

justcametomind

It's easier to grow powerful indicas than equal grade indicas, so probably that's why you experience that imho.
Very true it does all end up the same consistency. But is indicia microscopically denser. Are the molecules closer together?

Not that I'm doubting your knowledge or experience. If you say it's not a deciding factor then I believe you. Jus like to ask questions and learn.

justcametomind,

TeeJay1952

Finally got to taste Girl Scout Cookies. It has been my white whale for quite some time. Not available locally but touted incessantly by West Coast users and after 6 failed attempts to grow I got a bud from my son who was aware of my quest.
Potent but with a coconut/chocolate flavor (Tagalongs?) It is hilarious because, I HATE COCONUT! Watch what you wish for.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Iv been wanting this too after all the hype, many people seem to love it. But no body ever metioned the coconut taste. And I hate coconut too so I'm really glad I know now. Thanks.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
This thread is starting to verge on a grow topic rather than which strains produce the most vapor, so I just want to chime in here and remind everyone of this rule of ours....

Topics concerning the cultivation of cannabis are not permitted.
My apologies @momofthegoons .

I should've just listed the strains and nothing more.

I'm passionate about said topic, and can easily get carried away.

Feel free to remove the remarks after the strains if need be.

:leaf:

justcametomind

My favorite strain for vaping is Bubba Kush. Even if non trichome frosted it gives an awesome stone. From the effects I'd say it's quite high in CBD too. My favorite sativa is Dieseltonic. This one I know for sure is usually hi in CBD and very pleasant, no edgy high.

justcametomind,

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
Finally got to taste Girl Scout Cookies. ... Potent but with a coconut/chocolate flavor ...
GSC has become a favorite of mine in recent months. FWIW, I've never tasted a hint of coconut or chocolate in that strain. You might want to try it from another source if you or your son ever have a chance. Perhaps the bud wasn't actually GSC or the grower wasn't skilled?

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Please give a flavor profile of GSC.

GSC is elusive to say the least.

Like it was mentioned before , unless you're involved with someone directly correlated with the Cookie Family, you're most likely getting a cross or a completely different strain.

Vapor coming in tastes Skunky and expands heavily, the exhale tastes like Shortbread/ Pastry with a diesel fuel note at the back end.

She is truly legendary status, and her crosses are awesome.

Edit; I should also point out that she carries a very unique "burnt rubber " or Eraser aroma /taste as well, some refer to this as a "Varnish taste "

Pie crust comes to mind also.

Last edited:

Dopeydiver

I love GSC as well, and it is one of my favorites.

As for the preferred strains, keep in mind that the amount of clouds do not equate to the level of medication. Moreover, the temp at which you vape, and the type of device you use can have a dramatic effect on the quality of taste. For example, I use a Haze, and find that the taste at 1 or 2 is absolutely fabulous, with good medication, but produces less visible clouds.

Dopeydiver,
Reactions: DDave

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Not been here I a while, weird reading my old posts from when I was a new vaper...
Look how far iv come....

Anyway has anyone had any experience with Larry og from cali connection???

I'm looking for my next grow, and am pretty keen on this from my research...

Any info on how it vape's would be nice

kellya86,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Id avoid cali connect from what ive read theyre pretty shady. If your looking for og's most seem to recommend karma, rare dankness, dna. Id look there.

Og is definitely a good vapour producer. Dense and lots of cannabinoids.

VapourHaze,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Thanks I'll check them out...

Need to get my choice right as I'll be stuck with it for a while...

kellya86,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Blue Dream Best Taste
Deathstar Best Thump
Girl Scout Cookies Best Sativa
All of course IMHO
Pretty good call.

Blue Dream does taste great!
Death Star, Gorilla Glue, Hell's Angles OG, Black Water, Grand Daddy Purple and some others will kick your ass!

Girl Scout Cookies is one of my favorites and will have soon.
Cactus Cooler has flavor and the high is soaring. (orange and pineapple flavor) SATIVA
Dutch Treat is hard to find however this taste great and good for daytime activities.

Snoop Doggy Purple Kush can never find? (I like this as well)
My Dutch Crunch gets about 12 feet high outdoors! (scares the wife)?
However the FLAVOR and EFFECT great to have in stock!

I can go on but why bore you!
Sorry!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Thanks @TeeJay1952
Having some Americans with access to all these strains is really helpful to people living in prohibition land, I don't get to sample, so I rely on your recommendation...

@ataxian You are never boaring....

These strains look amazing, gorilla glue and deathstar, but unfortunately I cannot get them seeds here....

OK I'm looking at og kush by reserva privada seeds...

Anyone got anything to put me off this one...

kellya86,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks @TeeJay1952
Having some Americans with access to all these strains is really helpful to people living in prohibition land, I don't get to sample, so I rely on your recommendation...

@ataxian You are never boaring....

These strains look amazing, gorilla glue and deathstar, but unfortunately I cannot get them seeds here....

OK I'm looking at og kush by reserva privada seeds...

Anyone got anything to put me off this one...
Mixing seeds and making your own blend is kind of fun.

MAUI WOWIE + POWER PLANT I want to try = JAWS (name of a surf spot on Maui)

I have a few more that I'll try here in CALIFORNIA.
My seed collection is needing planting!

DEATH STAR OG if grown right will put you in a COMA. (I Have Personal Experience smoking)
Seeds I have no ideal?

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES you can buy from CANADA.
I don't know if the Cookie Brother's in CALIFORNIA sell seeds or not?

GDP by Ken Estes are very good.

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Best kushes for me are Dinafem's OG Kush and DNA's Holy Grail Kush, I recommend both.

Cali Connection's GSC is fantastic! I have no complaints about them. It's also an OG Kush cross btw and mostly indica.

My all time best strain is Serious Seeds White Russian... the most trichs, biggest clouds and strongest effect, love it. They don't seem to do fems any more.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Best kushes for me are Dinafem's OG Kush and DNA's Holy Grail Kush, I recommend both.

Cali Connection's GSC is fantastic! I have no complaints about them. It's also an OG Kush cross btw and mostly indica.

My all time best strain is Serious Seeds White Russian... the most trichs, biggest clouds and strongest effect, love it. They don't seem to do fems any more.
WHITE RUSSIAN is one I had in the basket! (never pulled the trigger)

The companies you stated are all respectable.

EverythingsHazy

I don't grow but from what I've read/ seen, it seems burping may only be necessary for a couple weeks maximum after your long 3 week dry period. FYI, one shop told me they do a long dry/cure (10 days) so 3 weeks is a very long dry period.

LBurping once a day until in target zone may take way less than 3 weeks. There are cheap ($10) hygrometers that can help you zero in on about 62%.
Once you are close the Boveda 62% humidity packs bring the humidity down or up to keep at the ideal 62%.
Shops almost never cure bud properly. They just quick dry and if you are lucky, do a 1 or 2 week "cure". Waiting a solid month (at least) or two isn't the best way to move lots of bud quickly. It's the best way to get high quality bud, though.

A good method is to let it hang dry for 3 days (give or take depending on your location and conditions), and then put it into jars with boveda 62% packs, and burp daily for a week, and then every several days for the next few weeks, until the grass/hay smell is gone.

Top Bottom