• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Storage Container - Which to use?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
What is the Community's position on Vacuum Sealing bags?

PROS:
-Inexpensive
-Convenient (sized to suit one's needs)
-Airtight

CONS:
-Plastic

Do the benefits outweigh the fact the bags are plastic?

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Whats wrong with plastic ? I'll answer and say Nothing, If you have a quantity of very dry bud Vacuum sealing bags work great.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
thanks for all the advice, i looked at Jyarz, but they are way to small. I will have to store about 1 pound of herb

I often buy quantity, and I store it in mason jars (2 oz/quart jar) that I keep in an old dorm refrigerator, cold, but not frozen that only gets opened when I need to refresh my stock. I think it keeps quite well.

I find plastic can get static-y and tricomes stick to the plastic walls: glass you can brush out easily.

aceskace

I often buy quantity, and I store it in mason jars (2 oz/quart jar) that I keep in an old dorm refrigerator, cold, but not frozen that only gets opened when I need to refresh my stock. I think it keeps quite well.

I find plastic can get static-y and tricomes stick to the plastic walls: glass you can brush out easily.
Makes sense.

The Herb i have access to is the lowest of low quality so i was seeking the best way to store as to not affect the potency

SpruceGruve

Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue
Back when I used to have large quantity around my house I stored it in the freezer,but I found it really degraded the quality fast.
I found the trics would freeze solid and break off into the bottom of the bag every time I grabbed a bit from the freezer bag.

Now I just keep my stash in a bag in a cvault in the coldest room of my house,Much better results since then.

First off no cold damage,or damaged trics
Second no light degradation because the cvault is stainless steel,also 63%humidity helps

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The Herb i have access to is the lowest of low quality so i was seeking the best way to store as to not affect the potency

As I understand it, air and light are the main culprits of degradation, so make various subdivisions (so you're not exposing the total to air and light every time you re-supply your current stash). I don't really know if keeping mj colder than just cool does anything; it makes food last longer. Heat is bad.

A FC member once suggested empty paint cans as a stash-holder that you can buy at any paint store. A person could store them in a cool garage, the airtight mj hidden in plain sight. An empty quart can will hold 2 ounces of bud, just like a quart mason jar.

Last edited:
macbill,
Reactions: aceskace

lazylathe

Almost there...
I was hoping for some advice...I just bought some very expensive herb that I want to make last for 3 months. My storage method is a 16 oz mason jar kept in the dark in my coolish basement. I have been debating getting humidipaks- 62%. But I am hesitant, as it seems to me it is easier to vape herbs that are drier as opposed to moist. Opinions?

Thanks in advance...

Tbill

mod note: Off-topic discussion merged with existing thread

I use Mason jars with a 62% Humidipak inside the jar.
The herb is always at the correct %RH and after
the first hit i will usually empty the contents and shred with my fingers and then finish the load off.

I used to leave my high quality herb in a Mason jar by itself but it turns to dust after a while.
I still have a piece of bud from a January 2013 harvest, still in perfect condition in a CVault.

For easy and correct storage on the go i use this:
http://www.planetvape.ca/cvault-small.html

lazylathe,
Fool-proof method:sherlock:: I put my flower :leaf: in HerbPreserve jars, then put those inside CVault containers, filling both jar and container with argon :science: gas, then I seal 'em :tup:up , and stick 'em in the freezer:hmm:. Then I put the freezer on a dolly :shrug:and wheel it inside a walk-in freezer at a nearby restaurant:doh:. Then i have Mr. Freeze seal up the entire restaurant:razz:. :nope: This is fool-proof:nod:.

(In all honesty -- I use CVaults and argon for long-term storage and for rehabbing dry flower/shake with my Boveda 62's. Then I use screw-top HerbPreserve Jars for daily use)

Last edited:

Adobewan

Fool-proof method:sherlock:: I put my flower :leaf: in HerbPreserve jars, then put those inside CVault containers, filling both jar and container with argon :science: gas, then I seal 'em :tup:up , and stick 'em in the freezer:hmm:. Then I put the freezer on a dolly :shrug:and wheel it inside a walk-in freezer at a nearby restaurant:doh:. Then i have Mr. Freeze seal up the entire restaurant:razz:. :nope: This is fool-proof:nod:.

(In all honesty -- I use CVaults and argon for long-term storage and for rehabbing dry flower/shake with my Boveda 62's. Then I use screw-top HerbPreserve Jars for daily use)
If I could only like more than once.

Adobewan,
Top Bottom