1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Justpassedu, May 25, 2016.

1. Megaton

Megaton Well-Known Member

@Kozzmozz ahh thats a giod tip, thank you. I may revisit my original honest torches.

@paehtod dont get me gassing for an OG now! I really wanted one, but my situation doesnt really allow for something that cant be easily hidden away! Hopefully i can persuade a friend to get one that i can try :brow:

Vapor_Eyes and paehtod like this.
  2. Zak McKracken

Zak McKracken Member

You can also turn the adjustment screw underneath to dial the flame,I just found out today :freak:

Vapor_Eyes and Megaton like this.
  3. sk8man121

sk8man121 Frozen_Vaporent

My Jr. has been sitting unused for quite a few months and had some remaining bud left in it. I'm a bit concerned about mold having formed in the unit as a result and wondering if anyone has any tips?

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  4. PaperClouds

PaperClouds Well-Known Member

Wasn't really sure where the best place to post this was but since I was inspired by the Flip Brick I feel like this would be appropriate. I also have to give credit for @paytonpenn too.

I would like to share the "Glass Brick" I've devised with just a few simple parts.

Essentially all it is, is a 14/18mm adapter with two screens and a quartz banger with the bucket broken off. You don't have to break the bucket off but I just have found that I like it better that way. Really any sort of nail or even a nectar collector tip would work however I've found quartz banger to be the best combination of airflow and air dispersal. Other styles of domeless nails have too concentrated of an airflow and have hot spots, since the joints on quartz are shaped like they are the air expands for more even vaporization.

This setup produce incredible amounts of vapor, can be micro-dosed down to .025g, exacts as fast as you want it too and it almost impossible to combust with.

It's not without it's faults though. The metal screen falls out when you go to empty it unless it's pretty dirty. It's also look's a little strange, very homemade and definitely would confound people that are unaware of it's purpose with possible ridicule from your more abrasive peers.

Here is all you need:
    [​IMG]

You don't need to use a glass honeycomb screen like in the picture, you can easier just cut a metal screen and push it down in there.

What you do next is just either drop the honeycomb screen down in or cut and push a metal screen down into the 14mm joint of the adapter.

[​IMG]

Next you simply just put the metal screen on top, it's best to try and it make it concave so it sits nicely.

[​IMG]

And then you're done! Simple as that. Here is the final product with the quartz banger in the joint.

[​IMG]

Here is video of the extraction speed. https://streamable.com/8fig9

Here is a video of the use and vapor production. https://streamable.com/9w20n

Thanks for reading!

* I forgot to add that I've tried using a 18mm male joint and basket screen. It creates vapor incredibly fast and easy to unload and reload but combustion is much much easier. The setup above has *knocks on wood* never combusted yet even with first time users. I've put the flame a 1/2 down the intake and it still doesn't combust.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  5. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

That's absolutely beautiful, good choice! Has the canary wood bleed at all? I notice the red in my canary wood UD bleeds out when it gets hot.

@PaperClouds looks like you re-invented the vapocane:tup:

6. cpk

cpk Brother of the Leaf

I picked up this Canary OG over the recent 420 sale.
    [​IMG]

7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Serious? Just brush it out. If really concerned, I suppose you could run some ISO through it but it would have to completely and thoroughly dry before using.

I would brush out and then use, myself.

KidFated., Zak McKracken and Megaton like this.
  8. Razshiro

Razshiro Well-Known Member

My Canary OG
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 6:18 PM
  9. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

I would said the OG hitting is totally cool~ I think the wood part will not get hot at all. But i do notice a tiny drop of black tree oil come out from pores, but its fine and not affect the vapor.

almost there likes this.
  10. cpk

cpk Brother of the Leaf

How about a pic of that?

Thanks

11. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

Sure~ just take some photo this Sunday Morning in Hong Kong~ Today's weather pretty good!
    [​IMG]

you may notice a black tiny drop of oil near the edge of the bowl
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I did try to remove it, but after 1 bowl it come back immediately, i also found this also happened in my cocobolo vapcap stem, so i am not worry about it:)

more photo of my beautiful Canary OG Brick:love:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good day everyone~:peace:

12. PaperClouds

PaperClouds Well-Known Member

For anyone that read this post I made stating that the basket screens didn't work, I've found a simple solution by just extending the air path.

[​IMG]

It certainly doesn't help it look any less ugly or make it any shorter but it makes loading and unloading a breeze. The only way I can use it this way is by attaching a hose to the piece, that's why there's a mysterious black object in the mouthpiece.

paehtod likes this.
  13. cpk

cpk Brother of the Leaf

@paehtod thanks for posting those photos.You have a beautiful OG. That Dyna wax sure does good on the finish make sure to try some.

paehtod likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors