Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
giphy.gif
I love that this also means you likely have an Anvil gif up your sleeve, which you've been saving for just the proper occasion

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Well, i'll give you a why:

Reading your post reminded me how my first bowls in my Runt felt: I truly thought vapor came out of my mouth, nose and ears at the same time!
Really hit like a brick these things!:clap:
It's the only vape i stir after every hit because the act of checking the bowl and stirring in between hits is really part of the experience with this type of vape imo.

And your post also reminded me that my Runt desperately needed some attention and play-time, it's been sitting jobless for too long without any reason!
So started off the weekend with my triple flame torch and a full nug for the Runt "supercar" experience!
0 to 100 in 1.2 seconds!
And we have a lift off!!
Cheers!

That’s a great why! Thank you so much for sharing. 🤩

Glad to hear you had a great start to the weekend with your Runt! And your description of the vapor coming out of everything is spot on! :lol:

Enjoy, cheers!

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Thank you so much for sharing.
btw: i love my walnut Runt but must admit seeing your Zebrawood left me in total awe...
That's fucking gorgeous!!!
Dammit, i was pretty sure i don't need a second Runt but now i hope i never see a Zebrawood for sale...
(I will NOT check the usual shops)

Oh god, is this vas creeping up on me??
Man, i should be immune, had my shots and all that...

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
btw: i love my walnut Runt but must admit seeing your Zebrawood left me in total awe...
That's fucking gorgeous!!!

Thank you! Yeah I was really surprised to find a zebrawood. Since they’re out of stock now it seems I got the last one. Lucky dude… :D

Dammit, i was pretty sure i don't need a second Runt but now i hope i never see a Zebrawood for sale...
(I will NOT check the usual shops)

Do it… 😈

Oh god, is this vas creeping up on me??
Man, i should be immune, had my shots and all that...

Hmm, I’m sorry…? :shrug::lol:

El Duderino,
Reactions: Grass Yes

coolbreeze

Now I've been sitting here stoned for 30 minutes trying to write this stupid text and wondering who even wants to read it and why. :razz:
Y'know, I've been sitting thinking I've seen less Brick love in recent times with the inexpensive heavies in vogue. For newbs or others who've been curious or on the fence or may never have encountered or considered a brick, people like you can let them know that Bricks are still legit.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Y'know, I've been sitting thinking I've seen less Brick love in recent times with the inexpensive heavies in vogue. For newbs or others who've been curious or on the fence or may never have encountered or considered a brick, people like you can let them know that Bricks are still legit.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm still a newbie myself and without FC and this great community I wouldn't be sitting here now with a runt and a big grin on my face. So if my post helps to get anyone else interested in this extraordinary vape, that's the least I can give back and makes me more than happy.

TedJones

So true. I just stumbled on @El Duderino post here from the home page. Inspired me to get the runt & flip out of hibernation. Haven’t used in a couple of years :\ Mixed results then but think I’ll have a better handle now. What’s the consensus on the restrictor disk? Remember it helping not combust, but holding it back a bit.

coolbreeze

So true. I just stumbled on @El Duderino post here from the home page. Inspired me to get the runt & flip out of hibernation. Haven’t used in a couple of years :\ Mixed results then but think I’ll have a better handle now. What’s the consensus on the restrictor disk? Remember it helping not combust, but holding it back a bit.
I think I only have the restrictor in the Flip currently. For the OG and Maxx I've got bent intakes; they slow the heat just a bit but still allow the big, fast hits. For the ones designed to have them (OWW, Doug's) I just leave them in.

Still can't decide if my favourite brick is the Piro or the Noisy Cricket.
Or the DLX or the Punch... ; ) The Piro does deserve special recognition, it's fantastic by any measure and the NC is a classic for sure.

Love the DLXs above most other vapes but the Maxx is my favorite Brick, for sure. In fact it's probably my most-loved vape, which is not to say it's better than everything else, just that it's a super-fun and flexible manual desktop vape with power enough to hang with the big boys. It just happens to be better than most other things. ; )

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see

coolbreeze

I think I told you the story of my attempted give away of my under-used maxx - where the guy forgot I was sending it, told the post guy to return to sender, who was, according to the label, the Archbishop of York c/o The Chapter House at York Minster
"Hot damn! The Lord...provideth!" Somewhere there's an archbishop with loftier thoughts!

RedZep

I think I told you the story of my attempted give away of my under-used maxx - where the guy forgot I was sending it, told the post guy to return to sender, who was, according to the label, the Archbishop of York c/o The Chapter House at York Minster
I've just googled what he looks like. He actually looks stoned in some pictures. I imagine sticky bricks make prayer a lot more interesting.

caeeema

Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of "brick" vaporizer.
I have a Sticky Brick JR and a Dreamwood Dobby V2.
I've just sold my Tetra Magnum, which didn't really suit me, and bought a second-hand Sticky Brick Runt.

As this Runt was bought second-hand, I've cleaned it well brefore use.

By lightly "scraping" the inside edges, I got out quite a bit of material, it looks like hash actually.
However, when I put my finger on the cover carb, and start to heat it up, I feel a lot of heat through the carb, so much that it prevents me from having a proper session...

Have you ever had this?
Any idea why?
And above all, how can you avoid it?

Thanks a lot !

caeeema,

coolbreeze

Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of "brick" vaporizer.
I have a Sticky Brick JR and a Dreamwood Dobby V2.
I've just sold my Tetra Magnum, which didn't really suit me, and bought a second-hand Sticky Brick Runt.

As this Runt was bought second-hand, I've cleaned it well brefore use.

By lightly "scraping" the inside edges, I got out quite a bit of material, it looks like hash actually.
However, when I put my finger on the cover carb, and start to heat it up, I feel a lot of heat through the carb, so much that it prevents me from having a proper session...

Have you ever had this?
Any idea why?
And above all, how can you avoid it?

Thanks a lot !
Does the brick seem in good shape after you cleaned it? Do you see or smell/taste char? I have a similar brick and sometimes the carb feels hot just because of the tight proximity of everything in a small vape. It doesn't seem uncomfortable or real unusual, just noticeable in comparison to a bigger brick.

coolbreeze,

Nile-Terps

I eat magnetic tape while I vape
Yes, this does really resemble hash. I've had a maxx brick for a year and just decided to clean it a week ago. I've been marveling at the ball I got out of my brick. Did you notice if where you took it from was wet? Wet might not even be the right word cause it could just be thin resin on the surface. The carb on the maxx gets noticeably hot on my model but likewise not painfully. the hash though, It must be small particles collecting together I cant think of anyway to stop it other than maybe a tighter screen?

Nile-Terps,

coolbreeze

Yes, this does really resemble hash. I've had a maxx brick for a year and just decided to clean it a week ago. I've been marveling at the ball I got out of my brick. Did you notice if where you took it from was wet? Wet might not even be the right word cause it could just be thin resin on the surface. The carb on the maxx gets noticeably hot on my model but likewise not painfully. the hash though, It must be small particles collecting together I cant think of anyway to stop it other than maybe a tighter screen?
Or grind a little more course and stir less often, try to avoid breaking down the herbs mechanically to the degree possible. The finer screen will clog up quicker and screw with airflow and efficiency, etc. Courser herbs should hold up better and settle into a less airtight mass, and hopefully shed less plant material into the reclaim hash.

caeeema

Does the brick seem in good shape after you cleaned it? Do you see or smell/taste char? I have a similar brick and sometimes the carb feels hot just because of the tight proximity of everything in a small vape. It doesn't seem uncomfortable or real unusual, just noticeable in comparison to a bigger brick.
I can confirm, the brick is in excellent condition. No charcoal smell or taste.
So I cleaned everything again with hot water.
I've still got a lot of the stuff I described above as being like some hash, and I don't feel as hot as before.

The screen was also quite dirty, and I've already noticed a big difference in draught depending on the state of the screen.
By the way, these.... screens are THE thing that's annoying about brick.

Where do you buy your replacement screens ?
Or grind a little more course and stir less often, try to avoid breaking down the herbs mechanically to the degree possible. The finer screen will clog up quicker and screw with airflow and efficiency, etc. Courser herbs should hold up better and settle into a less airtight mass, and hopefully shed less plant material into the reclaim hash.
Indeed, it could work pretty nice I think.

I personnly use this "hash" and vape it too ;-)
Never wasting lool

coolbreeze

I can confirm, the brick is in excellent condition. No charcoal smell or taste.
So I cleaned everything again with hot water.
I've still got a lot of the stuff I described above as being like some hash, and I don't feel as hot as before.
Awesome, so it feels 'normal,' do you think?
The screen was also quite dirty, and I've already noticed a big difference in draught depending on the state of the screen.
By the way, these.... screens are THE thing that's annoying about brick.
Yeah, some folk just use an toss them. I'm sorta old-school; I just burn them off and then replace them as necessary.
Where do you buy your replacement screens ?
I think I got a bunch from SBL.
Indeed, it could work pretty nice I think.

I personnly use this "hash" and vape it too ;-)
Never wasting lool
Heck yeah! I do the same. Glad it seem to be working out. I haven't tried a Runt yet but people sure seem to love them!

Texus

caeeema

Awesome, so it feels 'normal,' do you think?

Yeah, some folk just use an toss them. I'm sorta old-school; I just burn them off and then replace them as necessary.

I think I got a bunch from SBL.

Heck yeah! I do the same. Glad it seem to be working out. I haven't tried a Runt yet but people sure seem to love them!
To be honest it still feels a little hot, not sure it's very normal but... It doesn't bother me when I'm using it.
I think it's also related to the screen: when I'me doing a session with a new (or freshly cleaned) screen, I got less of this "hot" feeling.

If you got the opportunity to test a Runt, go for it. Very nice device. Kinda sexy too but it's a matter of taste :D

I've started getting all of my screens here. US made and much better prices than you get from most vape manufacturers.

Thanks for the website, I appreciate.
Unfortunately, I'm coming from EU, Belgium and so I'm not sure I can buy from it.

But at least I've got a good comparaison website !

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
To be honest it still feels a little hot, not sure it's very normal but... It doesn't bother me when I'm using it.
I think it's also related to the screen: when I'me doing a session with a new (or freshly cleaned) screen, I got less of this "hot" feeling.
Is it possible that this "extra heat" is due to a different wood density? Are your bricks made with the same wood?
I've never experienced anything like this with my bricks, but then I've only owned cherry bricks. :2c:

caeeema

Is it possible that this "extra heat" is due to a different wood density? Are your bricks made with the same wood?
I've never experienced anything like this with my bricks, but then I've only owned cherry bricks. :2c:
I honestly have no clue... But your point is well made !
I got my Runt in "canary: Runt-Canary.

I should maybe just ask to Sticky Bricks...

Top Bottom