Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I read back through this thread for 20 pages or so and I noticed a configuration for the Runt that I hadn’t tried before: Bent intake, restrictor disc in, triple torch. An additional suggestion was to tamp the herb solidly into the bowl. I decided to try it. It was awesome, super thick and strong hits that felt like they were riding the line of combustion but I ended up with dark but very even AVB. I did do some stirring between hits and did my best to tamp it down evenly again.

I know a lot of people feel like the restrictor disc is akin to training wheels or an automatic transmission on a car, but with the triple torch I could really play with the factors of flame length from the intake, draw speed, and carb feathering. I felt like I had significantly more control because I wasn’t as worried about combustion, which let me focus more.

The other recommendation I saw was for the Flip, restrictor disc in with the extended part facing up towards the intake. I didn’t pull out the Flip tonight but next time I do I’ll be trying that.

A good example of how we all vape a little differently. I’ve seen many comments here from people who feel the restrictor disc is limiting their experience with the Sticky Brick, and I found it liberated my experience—and we’re all right because it’s about what works for each one of us individually.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Just had a session that confirmed to me—restrictor disc in, triple torch is the killer combo for the Runt. I was getting unbelievably dense clouds with absolutely no charring whatsoever. Heck, the ABV still had a little green in it! I could have pushed it much, much further if I wanted to.

Smokey McVape

Just had a session that confirmed to me—restrictor disc in, triple torch is the killer combo for the Runt. I was getting unbelievably dense clouds with absolutely no charring whatsoever. Heck, the ABV still had a little green in it! I could have pushed it much, much further if I wanted to.
Just received my Dynavap B starter kit that includes a shiny new triple flame torch - I will be try this technique later today for sure.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Just received my Dynavap B starter kit that includes a shiny new triple flame torch - I will be try this technique later today for sure.
I’m also using it with the bent intake. I could feel the point where the restrictor fully heat soaked and started pumping out vapor—it was so much and so dense that I was sure I had combusted. A quick check of the bowl showed a very even yellow color and I got two more big hits after that. This setup makes the SB the hardest hitting vape in my entire collection.

Smokey McVape

I’m also using it with the bent intake. I could feel the point where the restrictor fully heat soaked and started pumping out vapor—it was so much and so dense that I was sure I had combusted. A quick check of the bowl showed a very even yellow color and I got two more big hits after that. This setup makes the SB the hardest hitting vape in my entire collection.
I see what you mean @Monk Debate - triple flame + restrictor + bent intake + tamped bowl = totally baked!
Much more even heat distribution it would seem as there is no hot spotting or scorching and the AVB is darker compared to the single flame indicating further extraction.
Now to try the same setup on my OG.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I see what you mean @Monk Debate - triple flame + restrictor + bent intake + tamped bowl = totally baked!
Much more even heat distribution it would seem as there is no hot spotting or scorching and the AVB is darker compared to the single flame indicating further extraction.
Now to try the same setup on my OG.
Yes, I’ve also been doing a tight tamp down in the bowl, more aggressive than any other vape I use. I agree that the heat comes through very evenly leading to fully baked bowls and massive hits.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Flip with restrictor in, nub pointing up, triple flame torch. I think this is even better than the Runt! The Runt is a great self contained unit but running the Flip on glass I chose myself feels even better, and the Flip is so responsive and powerful it’s like going from 0-60 in 5 seconds.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
My favorite heavy-hitter brick setup has always been my Maxx with this glass hydrotube:

d6emlhf-QQbq-NY3s-Zqb-ORJQ-thumb-e9c.jpg

coolbreeze

My favorite heavy-hitter brick setup has always been my Maxx with this glass hydrotube:

d6emlhf-QQbq-NY3s-Zqb-ORJQ-thumb-e9c.jpg
Same. You can power it with a Prrl Neo or any 18mm injector if you feel lazy or want to reduce butane use. Works just as well as a single-flame session vape or as a triple-flame blaster. Hydrotube, whip, "OG" mouthpiece, whipped rig, it's so flexible. Still my favorite Brick!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Same. You can power it with a Prrl Neo or any 18mm injector if you feel lazy or want to reduce butane use. Works just as well as a single-flame session vape or as a triple-flame blaster. Hydrotube, whip, "OG" mouthpiece, whipped rig, it's so flexible. Still my favorite Brick!

Never used anything but butane with my brick.
Anything else would seem like blasphemy.
I have other tools for that.

4-Aces King-High

love my jr and maxx
I pulled out 3- torch powered Artisanal Vapes that I Have To Remind me which is better.
Of the 3 the SBL- RUNT kicks their butts and get great results by watching Vapor production as I do my Ritual .
With the long clear glass mouthpiece You can feather the draw for more Vapor seeing it in the glass. I’m going to get a Glass mouthpiece for another vape to see if it improves. Love my 2- RUNTs and have two species of Wood,Maple and Cherry.

4-Aces King-High,
Reactions: coolbreeze

bestvaping

After seeing this video of VapeLifeX using a DAVINCI IQ as a heating element for Sticky Brick:

I decided to design a small adapter for my OG so that it could receive the CouchLog heating element. I asked the guy from Dynabox to make me the SS316 adapter, the guy is very nice and the build quality is beautiful. Thanks!

However, it doesn't work at all as expected, it was a total failure: the CouchLog set at maximum power doesn't provide enough heat to extract the bowl efficiently. It works, but it doesn't really heat up enough, I was expecting to get a much stronger hit, it barely heats up and very little steam is visible compared to the power of a lighter. It doesn't work as well as in the VapeLifeX video with its DAVINCI.

Am I missing something? The DAVINCI heats to 230°C maximum, right? am I wrong? is it possible that stainless steel accumulates too much heat from the heating element compared to glass? Do you think it would work better with glass instead of stainless steel? I wasn't expecting that at all, but at least I'll have learned a thing or two! it's a shame because it would have been a fantastic combo :brow:

bestvaping,
Reactions: vapirtoo

Razhumikin

It looks to me that the IQ is loaded with flower and not the SB bowl. So the SB is just a fancy j-hook here.

It sounds like you are trying to use the CL to heat herb in the SB bowl?
Yea, thats definitely most of it. The iq is vaping flower as normal, and the cl youre asking to vape flower way further away from the heat source than it normally would be. Additionally, the ss adapter is going to steal a LOT of heat from the cl.

bestvaping

It looks to me that the IQ is loaded with flower and not the SB bowl. So the SB is just a fancy j-hook here.
To tell the truth, I have no idea, but I hadn't understood it that way. I thought the OG bowl was full :hmm: :doh:

It sounds like you are trying to use the CL to heat herb in the SB bowl?
Yes, that's it, I want to use it as an OG injector, but it's definitely not hot enough for that. I could remove the top of the brick, but that wasn't the idea in the first place. I'd like to keep the complete brick and find an injector that doesn't consume too much power to leave it plugged in all day (coils won't do). I imagine it would take a lot more temperature to achieve complete extraction worthy of the name. I really thought it would work, given the high temperature of the CL at full power .. big mistake .. 🙃 :rofl:

@Razhumikin thanks for the confirmation, yes indeed, the SS adapter heats up a lot, I don't know if it's worth trying the glass? what do you think?

Last edited:

WirtDog

Is Kenny still with SBL? Sent an email to product support and no response? The ledge for screen retention on my Walnut OG is worn making it difficult to properly locate replacement screens?

Top Bottom