Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
Just pulled the trigger on a cherry jr from PuffItUp! Was totally debating getting it from Namaste.ca $169CDN which is a really good price but customer service reviews were all over the place.

I’m stoked!

I started vaping with the VG Coil, OG Solo which was great for the longest time until I got my Grasshopper which I absolutely love for the stealth, big hits, heat on demand within 7 seconds etc. But it stopped working and currently in RMA limbo.
Decided to get an M as a back up and been using that as my daily driver with a little solo on the side. Great little vape for $50US and stealthy but got tired of waiting for the cap to get up to temp then trying to inhale as much as possible before the thing clicks again.
Started reading this thread and decided this is the one to replace the M and will rotate use with my GH once it’s up and running again.
Don’t want more than one battery operated vape at one time as I don’t want the batteries sitting around wearing away while collecting dust. I also figure from watching video that Jr probably uses much less butane per load than the M over time. That coupled with smoother, bigger hits,
Pure convection on demand, and longevity of the unit all factored into me wanting to replace the M on my list.

Sorry for rambling on here. Just thought I’d give a little background.
I have an SBJr and 2 DynaVaps. For going out and for many other reasons I am a VapAholic, but when I’m home and want “bong rip” type hits, nothing beats my JrBrick. I took a hit last night that completely gassed me out. I was exhaling vapor through a few breaths from one hit. I was sure I combusted lol. I took a look and only a little light tan ABV on top and green under. Crazy right?

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Congrats, good choice, @johnnyCanuck !

Have some VCs and a SBJ myself. Don't believe that the SBJ needs less butane than the VC. I can take 2-3 hits with the VC when heated while I have to torch the SBJ for every hit and I need a bigger flame for the SBJ. But don't know. I believe difference isn't so much. But haven't made any scientific researches on that.

Whissmu

what a vice I have to my brick,
protect it often is a good trick,

la, laaa,,, :rofl: la, laaa,,,:rofl:

but my biggest doubt while singing would be,
I will protect him enough to have him always with me ??

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

droog77

Hi, everybody. I have a Walnut SBJ on the way!

I’m trying to find a 14mm WPA with a straight stem, but all I can find is the official one from SBL, which has a U-shaped stem.

Has anyone found a 14mm adapter with a straight stem that will work with the SBJ?

Would the 14mm stem for the Flip Brick work? SBL sells those separately for about $12.

Bonus points for any solution that is available from a vendor in Canada.

Thanks!

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Has anyone found a 14mm adapter with a straight stem that will work with the SBJ?

Would the 14mm stem for the Flip Brick work? SBL sells those separately for about $12.
Your gonna love your new vape.
The Flip Brick mp hole is roughly 18mm, while the Jr mp hole is not quite 14 mm. So the Flip adaptor will not work.
A 14 mm to 14mm, male to male adaptor would work, but the 14mm does not seat that deep into the Jr, but it does seal.
Would be awesome if they offered a proper strait one for hydrotube bubbler owners, and not just the curved one.

droog77

Your gonna love your new vape.
The Flip Brick mp hole is roughly 18mm, while the Jr mp hole is not quite 14 mm. So the Flip adaptor will not work.
A 14 mm to 14mm, male to male adaptor would work, but the 14mm does not seat that deep into the Jr, but it does seal.
Would be awesome if they offered a proper strait one for hydrotube bubbler owners, and not just the curved one.

Yeah, I can’t believe there isn’t a straight-stemmed adapter out there.

This piece was recommended to me on Reddit.

http://www.stickybricklabs.com/home.html#!/14-4mm-Intake-Adapter/p/72408274/category=22844061

One would still need a 14mm male to male adapter.

Doktor Dub

Proud new owner of a Junior here! :clap:

Very happy to join the club, your awesome fedback made me want a SB. I hadn t the chance to test it yet, hopefully this evening.
I did quite a bit of reading and feel ready to testdrive, is there any special post or ressource about technique i should take as guide?

Have a great day!

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
I did quite a bit of reading and feel ready to testdrive, is there any special post or ressource about technique i should take as guide?
:D this one seems the most important :lol:
didn't realise there is a carb at the bottom
additional look up the posts from Vapor_Eyes
there are only 2 variables: draw speed and heating - for heating it's about distance but also the flame length is important, maybe start for learning with a shorter flame then it's really hard to combust :2c:

droog77

Mine did that originally due to torch placement etc (and the spalted seems to char quicker than the walnut).
To combat this (I now do this to every vape of this type) I placed a washer and screen under the intake glass - result = no more charring.
68rRl9s.jpeg

Flip in the pic because I couldn't find one of the JR without taking another one

Can I ask why you put a washer in there? I’m just wondering if the washer absorbs a lot of heat.

I have an SBJ on the way (EXCITED!). My only other experience with a butane vape is with my DynaVap M.

I’m thinking I will do this mod by adding an extra screen below the intake to help with the learning curve.

If anyone who is using a similar mod can describe what you’ve done and post a picture, if possible, that would be really helpful. Thanks!

Doktor Dub

Just a very quick update: Tried out my junior for the first time(s) yesterday and i am pleased.

I thought the learning curve might be a bit steeper but i have to say i had great success from bowl one :science:

Probably not exactly a beginner vape and i like to play with tools but the temperature and Vapor was quite easy to control....

I started with a slow draw until feeling the vapor, then a faster pull to controll the temp. And i have to say this thing hits quite hard :D - perfect to top up after a Vapcap :rockon:

what i really like about this vape already: the haptic and materials used, the look and how fast and on demand it is. My Mighty feels sooooo slooowwww now ;)

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Welcome @Doktor Dub , glad your digging the Jr. Tis a beast. I agree on the learning curve with the Jr. being minimal. The only thing I had to overcome was the fear of using too big a flame.
@droog77 Only time i combusted on the Jr. was after adding a screen under the heat intake. Only added it to keep the weed from falling through the heat intake into the lid area while being toted around in my bag or cargo shorts pocket. Removed it, and have not come close to combustion since. :shrug: So give it a go, sans "mods" It works as is.

Cl4ud3

Just a very quick update: Tried out my junior for the first time(s) yesterday and i am pleased.

I thought the learning curve might be a bit steeper but i have to say i had great success from bowl one :science:

Probably not exactly a beginner vape and i like to play with tools but the temperature and Vapor was quite easy to control....

I started with a slow draw until feeling the vapor, then a faster pull to controll the temp. And i have to say this thing hits quite hard :D - perfect to top up after a Vapcap :rockon:

what i really like about this vape already: the haptic and materials used, the look and how fast and on demand it is. My Mighty feels sooooo slooowwww now ;)
I found the spalted I had seemed to char very easily (had no char issues on the walnut) so I added the washer to protect the wood. Where the screen helped me control the vape temperature easily the washer is just protection.
Some people won't need a screen but I know a lot who had issues found it easier to use.

edit:- I seem to be able to get much bigger hits with the screen mod in than without it.

IntoTheVoid

I was going to put the screen mod in mine but other than a few dark hot spots here and there, I have not combusted after 2 months of use regardless of flame length. I just start with the flame around 1” away and move it in and out and in circles until I feel the heat and taste the vapour. Then I pull back slightly and modulate the flame and inhale speed to keep the desired hit going. It’s all feel in the mouth that dictates my flame position and inhale. No issues for me.

The intake hole has developed a bit of a black ring on the edges directly under the glass but the SB Labs guys said that’s normal and once it forms it won’t spread. And mine hasn’t.

Whissmu

I wanted to share my experience with different powers in my Junior's torch;

-simple flame -> pros-> difficult combustion / cons-> more time of use (I do not know if it is a mistake or a blessing)
-double flame -> pros-> fast vapor recovery, cons-> risk of combustion towards the end of the session (dark ABV)
-triple flame-> pros-> I am not able to see any advantage in this torch, cons-> difficult to operate, easy to burn the wood and a miracle not to burn the flowers

having said that; my choice would be the simple flame :tup: flame at 75-80% power and the double flame for occasions in a hurry and a quick draw is needed :myday:

image.jpg

image.jpg

IntoTheVoid

One thing I noticed is the SBJr operates best with at least half the bowl packed if not a full bowl, even if you microdose or just wanna take a few sips. The reason I say this is because with a full bowl, the heat distribution is more even and complete, vs a sprinkle or 1/4 pack. Of course the SBJr will work with even a tiny micro dose, but it might be harder to operate for a beginner without scorching or worse, combustion. Scorching isn’t a big deal if you stir the bowl because you break up that area and spread the love around. But with a more full pack, the Chamber has better insulation and will hold the heat better. It’s like if you throw a lit match on a dry leaf, it will catch fire pretty easily, but throw it into a pile of leaves and it might smother itself out. Hit size should be controlled by how big a hit you inhale, not nesessarily by the amount of product you put in. And since it’s on demand convection, you can take a small hit and leave the rest for whenever. A full bowl that’s slightly tamped down will last me 2 days. That’s 6 or 8 hits with the middle few being the biggest if I really wanna get stoned. But if I sip I feel like the bowl keeps going and going as long as I stir and don’t over heat it.

Whissmu

One thing I noticed is the SBJr operates best with at least half the bowl packed if not a full bowl, even if you microdose or just wanna take a few sips. The reason I say this is because with a full bowl, the heat distribution is more even and complete, vs a sprinkle or 1/4 pack. Of course the SBJr will work with even a tiny micro dose, but it might be harder to operate for a beginner without scorching or worse, combustion. Scorching isn’t a big deal if you stir the bowl because you break up that area and spread the love around. But with a more full pack, the Chamber has better insulation and will hold the heat better. It’s like if you throw a lit match on a dry leaf, it will catch fire pretty easily, but throw it into a pile of leaves and it might smother itself out. Hit size should be controlled by how big a hit you inhale, not nesessarily by the amount of product you put in. And since it’s on demand convection, you can take a small hit and leave the rest for whenever. A full bowl that’s slightly tamped down will last me 2 days. That’s 6 or 8 hits with the middle few being the biggest if I really wanna get stoned. But if I sip I feel like the bowl keeps going and going as long as I stir and don’t over heat it.

I am not in favor of filling the bowl completely:nope:, it gives me the sensation that I waste a lot of flowers:doh:, i do not use small loads either(filling only the screen) because it implies much more concentration with the torch:goon:, my perfect load would be half bowl :tup:.. something less if I want to save or a little more if I want something extra...

highlight that this is my personal preference

image.jpg

joys your brick with one torch :leaf:!!

Last edited:

Phenix

Im kinda curious about one design point of the sticky lineup

AFAIK the parts are hold together only by magnets. So: are these magnets the only thing which „seal“ the body ?
Does this really makes (its cut flush indeed) for a good seal so that no vapor escapes from the vapor-way?

Phenix,
Reactions: ronads

ronads

AFAIK the parts are hold together only by magnets. So: are these magnets the only thing which „seal“ the body ?
Does this really makes (its cut flush indeed) for a good seal so that no vapor escapes from the vapor-way?

From what I can see on my jr, it creates a good 'suction' when you hold the carbs. Magnets are nice and strong and the whole thing comes together very tightly. No vapor escapes at all there is nowhere for it to go. :D

johnnyCanuck

Because it’s purely convection heating, vapor is only produced while you’re inhaling therefore there really isn’t a time when vapor is escaping when not in use. No where else to go while inhaling except for the forced pathway into your lungs.

Phenix

That’s great to near.
Im building a DIY Wood vape right now and this means I don’t carve holes for o rings with my soldering iron.

Phenix,
Top Bottom