Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

6079Smith

My only minor (I can't stress minor enough) issue with my b-ju is the little red dots on some of the magnets. Has anyone gotten rid of theirs? I was just going to unscrew it and try to rub it off with iso or do an iso soak. I saw a dot on one or two of the other pics posted. Mine has 3-4 and again it's a super minor issue.
IMG_20160908_120722.jpg

Man, just how cool is it that your only admittedly minor gripe with this vape is purely cosmetic and easy to rectify? How refreshing!

Not knocking you at all, I totally get it.. Just made me reflect on the almost complete lack of technical issues, shipping frustrations, and poor customer service that can plague other threads at times.

Sticky Brick Labs has been nothing but class, the launches were timely, and technical issues are more likely to reside in one's torch.. which any self-respecting Brick owner will have a plethora of.

No bullshit, no drama.. just grip it and rip it!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I love my sbj so much that I am remodeling my house, evicting a tenant, and relocating my vape sanctuary.

I was kinda doing all that anyway, but now im on a mission. Shop is set up, tiols at the ready, wait until you guys get a load of my new private, vape cave.

I finished my bsmt 20 years ago, never really got to enjoy it. Now my brick help will keep me warm and cozy...

VAPE CAVE 2016

Wood motif √
Clandestine end tables √
Recliners with cup holders √
Butane Station √
Battery Station √
Herb Storage, Mgmt √
Entertainment Center √
Computer Work Station √
Exhaust System √
Small Bed √

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I'm experiencing a problem...

I've been working a lot and have got off work too late to get good butane for the past week!

Hence leaving my butane vapes neglected (somewhat)...

I Will BE back...I will leave early enough to get some this morning...then there is no stopping me!!!

Fuckcombustion

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
OMG. Look who's arrived:

V37pbNf.jpg

It's soo beautiful. Can't stop looking at it... My boy is here, might call him Brick Tamland. But then again he's more of a Ron, the sleek and sexy winner kind of guy. :D:lol:

Guys, could anyone help me and introduce me where to put the screens?:)

Hope to be able to have a short test ride later. :cool:
More than happy to have joined my dear Brickheads! :rockon:

Love and peace

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
OMG. Look who's arrived:

V37pbNf.jpg

It's soo beautiful. Can't stop looking at it... My boy is here, might call him Brick Tamland. But then again he's more of a Ron, the sleek and sexy winner kind of guy. :D:lol:

Guys, could anyone help me and introduce me where to put the screens?:)

Hope to be able to have a short test ride later. :cool:
More than happy to have joined my dear Brickheads! :rockon:

Love and peace
There screen goes in the bowl under the bent intake.

An additional screen CAN be placed under the mouthpiece hole...but it is not necessary.

Great looking junior BTW.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Spalted maple looking amazing, can't wait for mine. It's funny my orders from PIU always come very fast or very slow. Seems like every other package gets held for a bit at the border just to mess with me! My OG brick was already here by now, my junior says still in U.S.

I think these Brick vapes are going to cure a lot of my VAS I have had latley. I think I could be good with my Bricks, Mighty and then a desktop like a log... For a little while anyways lol.

Also just bringing back that familiar ritual with a lighter and bowl is great and makes me FEEL like I'm smoking when I know I am not. 7months now with no combustion going strong!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Also just bringing back that familiar ritual with a lighter and bowl is great and makes me FEEL like I'm smoking when I know I am not. 7months now with no combustion going strong!
I agree about the familiarity of the ritual. As a long time combuster I appreciate that. I quit combusting 13 months ago myself and have no desire to ever go back.

vapen00b

There screen goes in the bowl under the bent intake.

An additional screen CAN be placed under the mouthpiece hole...but it is not necessary.

Great looking junior BTW.

Thanks man. Risking to sound like a total fool but could ya snap a pic for me showing how it looks when properly installed? :doh: Don't wanna do it wrong, cause the screens seem to be bigger than the holes... so they gotta be domed/bent in a way? Thanks for holding my hand :luv::clap:

EDIT:

Well, Ron talked me into "just ramming it in there" (- or did he say, hang in there?)
Anyway, I think this should work? ;) :)
hKmxf2e.jpg

@StormyPinkness Some of my magnets have a red dot too. It's more than a polarity indicator - it's a Bindi! :) It sure is a lucky charm for all of us - listen to the wise words of the Guru!

nqlaRwd.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
That poor tenant, "hey you are gonna have to move, I want a private vape cave" :lol:

That sounds really sweet tho, looking forward to seeing it!

Glad to see all this SBJr love, my finger is tightening on the trigger but I just can't pull yet lol

Pull it ... You can join me in a future SBJ podcast from the cave.

Boros

Hey all, on the hunt for my next vaporizer n this one is near the top of the list! Bought my Arizer Solo off PhilReal's boy n been glad to be back in the game! Vapor Brothers was my introduction to vaporizing back in college...anyhow, love the vapor production that I get from my solo, looking for something similar in that department...have had the pleasure of trying out a few different popular vapes on the forums here (thx to Phil) and I def dig the butane style of vaping, has a nice personal touch to it...portability is def key as is taste...tell me some more about this gem, thx! Where is it currently available for purchase? Seems to be out or stock on PIU...

Philreal187

@Boros good to see here and out from the shadows of lurking!
I'd say go to the source stickybricklabs.com

We are lucky enough to have the owner and company rep on the site, @StickyBricks [USER=22459]@Slow Draw McGraw all these guys have extensive knowledge with all the bricks and many other vapes!

@WakeAndVape thanks for another awesome video, cool to see the gang all together for one session. It looks like you down sized lighters for the junior. I kinda like the idea of sipping more than ripping so does using a smaller flame give that option? I also didn't catch as much carb work with the junior, maybe I missed it but is there any difference in carb usage between the three?[/USER]

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Andreaerdna I don't see the need for more than a single flame, but then again...I'm not too extreme.

Hi WakeandVape,
Do you have a long nail to be able to stir only with your finger...?
I have long nails, just because they haven't been cut, but no longer vape stirring nail, no.

Besides it wasn't a stir as much as a finger tip shift.

@vapen00b sorry to dissapoint...I just like they way hydro-brick-junior sounded...maybe I'll experiment though :science: lol

@Philreal187 thanks man! It definitely has the ability to sip.

The vape is so versatile because you can do a few different things to night and day your experience depending on your desired style of usage.

The carb hole on my beta unit might be smaller than on the production unit, which would make it slightly less effective than the carb on the brick that gives an instant clear when released.

Thanks everyone for watching my shit!

Welcome @Boros any friends of Phil's is a friend of ours!:rockon:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Boros: I think the vapor quality is outstanding. Desktop quality vapor production, and I mean top tier desktop. This little guy is capable of smooth low temp hits or huge (and smooth) high temp rips.

@Philreal187: It's definitely possible to sip on the Junior. I've had some great low temp bowls. You can achieve this simply by placing the torch further away from the intake. This does take a bit of finesse. A more foolproof option is lowering the flame on your torch. I find that a small flame almost creates a max temperature, and it is hard to extract beyond that point, even with aggressive torch placement.

@WakeAndVape: Great video as always! :clap:

You must have been on cloud 9 after all that Sticky Brick action. :science:

Last edited:

Philreal187

Thanks @WakeAndVape and @Vapor_Eyes I'm glad to here that torch technique can give a wide range of hits. After about two years with my vapman torch finesse is really enjoyed and can create the best vape experience in my opinion.

Top tier desktop vapor quality is exactly what I wanted to hear and helping seal the deal as if all in one wood butane wasn't already enough haha!

vapen00b

I'm already giving Ron my "micro-dosing seal of approva"l!! :D

This is just a report of my initial use. No verdict or anything.

had my initial test drive just a few hours ago. It was barely 0.02, a tiny nug split. Really enjoyed it. I must say, I had to work for my success - but that's down to my bad (inexperienced)'technique. Gratification due to progress is great and I love learning curves!:)
Flame length, flame distance, orientation of the flame, draw speed, draw length... And then this tiny nug that was surely floating around anywhere. I can and could definitely taste the wood more than discreetly. Actually, I wasn't sure, if I tasted butane.. And was a bit concerned. Then I sniffed at the chamber and that was it. Not bad, but more wood flavor than I'd expected (only got a woody FW 3 to compare to). Anyway, felt relieved it only was the wood and no butane.

Hit it again and first effects were coming but still no vapor, so I went for crushing the nug. Increased flame size a bit and definitely felt more heated air coming, tried feathering a bit - and there it was, my first wooden-weedy cloud!:)

Had one more this style and tried to flip the load a bit. Pretty greenish still. Well, as you would expect from such a tiny load, there wasn't much more vapor in it. Tried some more aggressive draws but nothing coming anymore. When I emptied the load, I could see, it was only greenish/golden... Could definitely feel the effects - and it wasn't even spent yet!! :D
Anyway, my technique seems to be pretty bad. I would have thought, I had scorched the load sure to the long heating and hitting it. No coffee brown yet. Guessing, it's the flame that got weaker with use - if I cranked it up, it should make it.

Have the stronger inner flame slightly dipped into the intake - perhaps like @WakeAndVape in his last vid. How long do you guys heat that thing? How hard is your draw? Would ripping it provide more heat - or would it rather cool the draw due to more cold air going in?

I'm loving this thing already - as I do the learning curve. Can't wait for the weekend to improve along with bigger loads :brow:

Thanks a lot you guys.
Enjoy your bricks!
:peace:

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Had one more this style and tried to flip the load a bit. Pretty greenish still. Well, as you would expect from such a tiny load, there wasn't much more vapor in it. Tried some more aggressive draws but nothing coming anymore. When I emptied the load, I could see, it was only greenish/golden... Could definitely feel the effects - and wasn't even spent yet. Anyway, my technique seems to be pretty bad. I would have thought, I had scorched the load sure to the long heating and hitting it. No coffee brown yet. Guessing, it's the flame that got weaker with use - if I cranked it up, it should make it.
It sounds like you are experiencing the max temp setting effect of a weaker flame. This is the safest option when new, there is little risk of combustion. You can gradually increase the flame length until you find a max temp you like.

On the other hand, you could go for a strong flame off the bat. It's a little more risky, but offers more immediate feedback which is helpful for fine tuning technique.

When my Brick was new I used a weak flame and it worked well for learning the ropes but I had trouble achieving the performance desired. Once I took the training wheels off and used a stronger flame my technique improved drastically.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Vapor_Eyes... definitely was bricked. I noticed my nails were dirty as shit after the shot...didn't want to re-shoothe because I had other shit to do! (And I was fucking bricked) :bang:

@Philreal187 it's as versatile as the man that vapes. Instead of heat time and distance from pan when heating....it's flame distance, flame size and carb control

@vapen00b the lower the flame setting the closer you can bring it to the intake without issue.

The cool thing is you can regulate or unregulated the experience as much as you want...a true godsend.

As far as getting great hits id's say fine grind cover screen and slow draw it to simmer more essentials faster.

The carb is always good to release a big hit into the lung abyss quick.

:leaf:

Top Bottom