Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

6079Smith

does mighty capsule fit sbjr bowl?

5e7.gif

pushpaw

Guess what just showed up!

6e49jhb.jpg

KJAY9Lj.jpg

Spent a few minutes faffing about with it, twisting and removing the mouthpiece and intake tube, checking it for wood bits etc. It's all looking great. The screen is pretty wedged in there, and I couldn't easily get it out with just my hands or the toothpick, so I left it alone. I will probably use a bent paperclip to poke it up from the bottom through the carb when it actually needs to come out. The bowl must be just slightly smaller than the Brick Sr. as the screen in that just rests on the bottom, and even when it is a bit caked up I can basically tap it out. Not a big deal, as the screen won't need removal all that often.

Put in a little something something (I think it's cantaloupe kush) and took it on a test run. First try I was being super cautious of combustion with the shorter intake and all and so got a very light hit, almost no vapor. Second try I got in closer with the torch and yep, that works fine. Nice big hit, checked the bowl and still green. :nod:

There is of course a bit of wood flavor since it is brand new, which I was expecting, but I would say that it seems less so than the cherry of my other brick. (Which, side note, is gone now. The first couple hits of a freshly loaded bowl in my full sized brick are all that strain specific terpene deliciousness, and then subsequent hits go the way of all convection vapes, deeper stony buzz but less sweet flavors. I am still surprised at how many big hits I can get out of a bowl in the Brick, and I am sure the Jr will be the same.

@Sand that is a bummer about the crack in yours. Mine has a surface level 'crack' under the mouthpiece (you can see it in the top pic) but it in mine it's just from the spalt and isn't really a crack per se. I can see where it runs at an angle through that piece, and it may eventually crack there but I kind of doubt it. If it ever does I am sure @StickyBricks will make everything better again, and I'm sure he will for you as well. Still, a bummer for ya though.

Here are a couple more pics of the (not actually a) crack in mine. I realized that in that top pic it really does look like a crack. In fact when I started checking it over my first reaction was 'is that a crack' and I popped out the mouthpiece and thought 'nope, hooray!' In the first pic you can see the angle I mentioned, and in both pics you can see the it only appears to be a crack right on the surface. (Also, it turns out this is difficult to photograph haha.)

drQBomV.jpg

lseaX7O.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Holy Shit Snacks*

Glad you are enjoying brother, I knew you would appreciate this next level signature, I too use my Jr and Daisy as the quick heavy heady hitters, now you just need to get a big Brick too (and/or maybe three more Jr's? lol) :tup:

Holy Shit Snacks is correct. Last night I thought I had to "fetch a rug" for myself. Gotta hold JR til later in the eve, as sleep might become a necessity until I gain a bit more control o the monster hit.

As far as stockpiling up on Jr's, I've already have some spare glass, screens, and O rings coming. Also scoping a spalted maple...:love:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep

6e49jhb.jpg

KJAY9Lj.jpg

Spent a few minutes faffing about with it, twisting and removing the mouthpiece and intake tube, checking it for wood bits etc. It's all looking great. The screen is pretty wedged in there, and I couldn't easily get it out with just my hands or the toothpick, so I left it alone. I will probably use a bent paperclip to poke it up from the bottom through the carb when it actually needs to come out. The bowl must be just slightly smaller than the Brick Sr. as the screen in that just rests on the bottom, and even when it is a bit caked up I can basically tap it out. Not a big deal, as the screen won't need removal all that often.

Put in a little something something (I think it's cantaloupe kush) and took it on a test run. First try I was being super cautious of combustion with the shorter intake and all and so got a very light hit, almost no vapor. Second try I got in closer with the torch and yep, that works fine. Nice big hit, checked the bowl and still green. :nod:

There is of course a bit of wood flavor since it is brand new, which I was expecting, but I would say that it seems less so than the cherry of my other brick. (Which, side note, is gone now. The first couple hits of a freshly loaded bowl in my full sized brick are all that strain specific terpene deliciousness, and then subsequent hits go the way of all convection vapes, deeper stony buzz but less sweet flavors. I am still surprised at how many big hits I can get out of a bowl in the Brick, and I am sure the Jr will be the same.

@Sand that is a bummer about the crack in yours. Mine has a surface level 'crack' under the mouthpiece (you can see it in the top pic) but it in mine it's just from the spalt and isn't really a crack per se. I can see where it runs at an angle through that piece, and it may eventually crack there but I kind of doubt it. If it ever does I am sure @StickyBricks will make everything better again, and I'm sure he will for you as well. Still, a bummer for ya though.

Here are a couple more pics of the (not actually a) crack in mine. I realized that in that top pic it really does look like a crack. In fact when I started checking it over my first reaction was 'is that a crack' and I popped out the mouthpiece and thought 'nope, hooray!' In the first pic you can see the angle I mentioned, and in both pics you can see the it only appears to be a crack right on the surface. (Also, it turns out this is difficult to photograph haha.)

drQBomV.jpg

lseaX7O.jpg
Looks wonderful! Glad youre digging the natural character. I use the same method to get my screen out.

Ive reached out to @Sand and we took care of him. We definitely dont take things like that lightly.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I loaded very little, bout .07 or so a typical bowl for me. I lightly tamped the medium grind. Hovering the one inch flame close to the intake, I'm experimenting with angles and distance. Took 3 hits so far and needed to sit JR down to evaluate. Will update as this last hit, hits me.

UPDATE
No stirring, I went in for another. Somehow through this cannabis fog im developing technique, as this last hit came with a ridiculous cloud, no cough.

UPDATE
Stirred a bit. 2 more sweet tasting beauties. Rest time.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Bravesst, I'm glad you're enjoying the Junior. I used to enjoy reading your posts in the nano thread, it's good to have you in the Sticky family. Hopefully this is one of the vapes that sticks around for you.

While you're scoping that spalted maple you should also consider a full sized Brick, if only for special occasions.

I bought one for just that purpose, now I use it every day. :science:

The Junior has quickly muscled it's way into my rotation. I happened to receive several other vapes this week by chance and as soon as I got my Junior they were put on the back burner, along with some more established vapes from my arsenal.

@younaughtyboy said it best:
Brick life is the only life for me.

It's a shame I can't use the Junior and Brick at the same time. Or can I...? :hmm:

@ShayWhiteGrow somehow I missed your video of water use until now. That was a huge hit, the Junior really is a beast through water. Great choice of song too! :tup:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Vapor_Eyes

A full sized brick is in my future. Can't wait to run 4 awesome Vapes.
I'll be done...

Vape Nirvana
Milaana
Brick Junior
Zion
Brick Senior

The potency of each hit is pretty amazing. I feel the power of the soothing vapor, as a literal wave that sweeps through my mind and body. This is some crazy extraction, where you have infinite control of your heat source. While I cannot mindlessly sip and sip, at least not yet, I need to moderate as I learn - hit, step back a minute, hit again.

Respect this little guy.

Last edited:

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
@pushpaw I know that unit very well. Every time I picked it up during the process I had to study that line to see if it was a crack, and it's not, but damn if it didn't fool me every time. If it ever actually splits at that point just let us know and we will take care of you.

@Sand that is clearly user error! Why are you throwing your Junior around and cracking the body!?! I kid, new one will go out first thing in the morning.

Sand

Flirting with Combustion

6e49jhb.jpg

KJAY9Lj.jpg

drQBomV.jpg

lseaX7O.jpg
Very cool. I wouldn't mind a unit like yours, small checking isn't a problem, and the grain of your wood means it looks pretty unlikely to foster progress of the check/crack much if at all. Thanks to Slow Draw I'll be getting fixed up soon.
I have one of those FastTec mini hydrotube things nondarb rigged up to a junior, I want to see if I can't do the same.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Are we up to sharing technique? I'd love to improve based on you BrickHeads..
Grind
Tamp
Flame length, angle, proximity, cessation
Draw speed, length, consistency
Carb hole release

ME
Medium grind
Light tamp
One inch flame, I can see it draw in when I draw, I play with dist, angle
Slow draw, let heat hover in bowl
Release and flame cessation timed with hit finish

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I love technique posts! It's funny, most vapes I could write one from memory. I just realized that I can't do that with the Brick or Junior. I use those vapes instinctually, I don't put any thought into technique. The instant visual feedback helps a lot with this. The Sticky vapes are the only vapes where I've never even thought about my draw speed. The minimal restriction certainly helps here.

Like @ShayWhiteGrow and Rakim said, I don't sweat the technique. I just go with the flow.

My usual method:

Bowl 2/3 full, medium grind.

No tamp

Flame size 1 inch or slightly longer

I try to match the angle of the intake with the flame angle, 45-50° or so.

I generally keep the very tip of the outer light blue flame at the entrance of the heat intake, dipping in slightly if more heat is needed. As vapor production kicks in I pull back from the heat intake to avoid scorching. Once vapor is flowing you can keep the torch fairly far back for some great long, sustained low temp hits.

I tweak the angle of the flame slightly mid-hit, based on visual feedback and depending on whether I'm going for low temp or high temp.

My draw speed is medium to fast. If vapor gets too thick I draw as fast as I can to help prevent scorching.

I like to try and take as long of a hit as possible usually. 15-20 seconds is ideal, but sometimes I tap out after a particularly nice 10 second hit. If I'm going for low temps I might take shorter hits.

My Junior seems to have a sweet spot just like my Brick. My general placement of the torch is centered in the heat intake. If I tilt it slightly towards the carb hole from here it will really milk the vapor. The only catch is it creates a bit of a hot spot.

I keep the carb closed until I see vapor, which is usually almost instantly. Once I see vapor I generally "pump" the carb on and off. So the carb will be open for half a second or so, then I cover it for half a second, then repeat. I find the carb is another factor that effects extraction, and if I keep it covered too long I can scorch. The longer I keep it covered the higher the temp.

Using a Sticky vape almost feels like riding a motorcycle to me. You have so much raw power at your fingertips. I use the carb almost like a throttle, when the vapor starts flowing thick I have to let off the throttle or risk spinning out (scorching/combusting).

Not that that's a big risk with the Sticky vapes. I've rarely combusted and it's pretty much always been because I got greedy when I knew better. Sometimes I just can't help chasing those monster hits.

vapeape77

Are we up to sharing technique? I'd love to improve based on you BrickHeads..
Grind
Tamp
Flame length, angle, proximity, cessation
Draw speed, length, consistency
Carb hole release

ME
Medium grind
Light tamp
One inch flame, I can see it draw in when I draw, I play with dist, angle
Slow draw, let heat hover in bowl
Release and flame cessation timed with hit finish
Thanks for the great video, helped me get better clouds on the green hits just now. I think I wasn't torching long enough and needed to let a little out as I hit it as well.

I seem to cover the carb cap all the time since I tend to get small bud particles in my mouth on release when hitting. Maybe a thick Mighty screen is a good idea in the Jr to help keep her clean.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Every time I've been taking apart the Junior to stir I've been completely separating the the two bottom pieces.

Just now I realized I can simply lift up the front of the top piece, near the intake, and swivel it to the side. The magnet at the back near the mouthpiece will keep the top half attached hands-free while I stir.

I feel stupid for not noticing this earlier. It's a really nice feature.

While we're on the topic of me being stupid, the first day I got it I tried to put the lid back on and it wouldn't fit, it felt like something was inside it. I had no idea what the problem was, then I realized it was backwards and the magnets' polarities were reversed. :doh: :lol:

Please tell me I'm not the only one to experience this...

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I had no idea what the problem was, then I realized it was backwards and the magnets' polarities were reversed. :doh: :lol:

Why, what ever do you mean? Would anyone here in our enlightened, herbal states of mind, do anything remotely like what you've described? :shrug: I mean, at least not more than a few times per day!? :lol:

pushpaw

Every time I've been taking apart the Junior to stir I've been completely separating the the two bottom pieces.

Just now I realized I can simply lift up the front of the top piece, near the intake, and swivel it to the side. The magnet at the back near the mouthpiece will keep the top half attached hands-free while I stir.

I feel stupid for not noticing this earlier. It's a really nice feature.

While we're on the topic of me being stupid, the first day I got it I tried to put the lid back on and it wouldn't fit, it felt like something was inside it. I had no idea what the problem was, then I realized it was backwards and the magnets' polarities were reversed. :doh: :lol:

Hey! That's genius. I hadn't realized that it can just swivel like that either. Thanks!

I seem to put the lid back on backwards every time. Seriously. Every time. :mental:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
My only minor (I can't stress minor enough) issue with my b-ju is the little red dots on some of the magnets. Has anyone gotten rid of theirs? I was just going to unscrew it and try to rub it off with iso or do an iso soak. I saw a dot on one or two of the other pics posted. Mine has 3-4 and again it's a super minor issue.
IMG_20160908_120722.jpg

snackmaster

My only minor (I can't stress minor enough) issue with my b-ju is the little red dots on some of the magnets. Has anyone gotten rid of theirs? I was just going to unscrew it and try to rub it off with iso or do an iso soak. I saw a dot on one or two of the other pics posted. Mine has 3-4 and again it's a super minor issue.
IMG_20160908_120722.jpg

I'd guess they're to mark polarity. Mine has them too. Iso will probably take them right off.

Top Bottom