1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

StemPod by MPL

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by supershredderdan, Aug 3, 2017.

1. CABtheFISHKING

CABtheFISHKING CAB

I'll give it a shot!

2. CABtheFISHKING

CABtheFISHKING CAB

Fantastic, now my device is bricked and dead. Thanks for the newest paperweight I have

Edit: got the OG firmware back onto it, nevermind

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  3. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

4. b0

b0 Cloudy...

Really nice from you to thank someone that it's trying to help you, specially for your own mistakes. Have you realized that it's only YOU and YOUR hands the responsible of what happened to YOUR mod?

I can't believe how ungrateful some people is, next time use google and research all over internet better :brow: :wave:

5. PaperClouds

PaperClouds Well-Known Member

Trying out some Advanced Vape Supply Molecule coils in the StemPod. So far I like them a lot, no noticeable boost in performance that I've experienced yet but I've only vaped a few bowls so far. There's also been no drop in performance when compared to the stock claptons or HD coils. As someone who has issues with stretching normal coils evenly, installing and stretching these was super easy and that alone might make me order some more for the future.

[​IMG]

https://streamable.com/7rlvs
    This is the performance at 34w. Could have gotten a bigger hit but my allergies were killing me when I woke up.

6. Improvize

Improvize Well-Known Member

I needed a new thinner O-ring so I added some DT ceramics and a shorty stem to the shipment that arrived today.

So far I'm not really impressed with these coils. Long heatup and a little weak on vapor. Flavor isn't much improved over normal coils to me. Am I missing something? Do they last a long time? The AVB is extraordinarily even, so I guess there's that.

[​IMG]

7. jardri

jardri Vapor Dreams

You could try increasing wattage maybe they work better that way. Which heatsink did you buy? I have the same mod but I dont know which heatsink to buy.

HerbieVonVapster likes this.
  8. HerbieVonVapster

HerbieVonVapster Well-Known Member

Hello all I'm putting the stempod back into rotation. As some of you are aware it's my travel setup and with weather improving I just installed new set of hive coils and going be updating the software.

I see stempod is using the Wismec Sinuous P80 in one of the bundles. In the past I used sur_myevic with mine. Since it needs updating I wanted to check out what others are using. Does the stempod have a custom version of software for the P80 available?

Summer and Monk Debate like this.
  9. Improvize

The MPL store says they are rated for 30-50w so I didn't push it. They're interesting in how efficient they are, but if I want that vibe I'll go Imp. I put the .460 quad coils back in. Figure if I'm going to wait 6-10s for a cold start, might as well get a cloudy bong hit out of it. :D

Really digging the shorty stem. I got my StemPod on entexchange without any official mouthpieces, so it's new to me. I've had similar stems in 14mm format though. I love the versatility and mouthfeel of a tapered stem with a little silicone on it.

The heatsink I got is this one in silver: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074Z1TV9W/

It's been great. Really seals up tight with the StemPod for maximum airflow range, and it doesn't seem to affect resistance at all. I'm not sure I really need it with this mod, but plan to experiment more without it and TCR when I get my 20 gauge 316L wire this week. For now I'm just using what works mainly in wattage mode. And getting very high.

Summer and jardri like this.
  10. jardri

jardri Vapor Dreams

Thanks! Bought the heatsink and also gave a shot at some Dhgate stems and a titanium nectar collector just to try them because they were absurdly cheap. I bought 6 different stems total for less than 20 bucks.

11. CABtheFISHKING

CABtheFISHKING CAB

Okay, got my mod successfully connected to my laptop but everytime I try flashing the latest Tubo firmware onto my rx2 20700 it says "please confirm hardware version!!" I'm using the wismec updater and I'm trying to figure out how to confirm the hardware version.

12. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

I am not aware that the Rx2 20700 is compatible with the Tubo Software. Full list here:

shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=274

Summer likes this.
  13. Improvize

Pretty proud of my first ever coil build today... 20ga SS316L running .11 ohms in series. The performance and flavor is just what I'm looking for! Thanks for the suggestions.

Edit: The evenness of AVB even at high watts/airflow is the best I've seen short of the ceramics. And the flavor is right up there if not the best I've had so far. Have you considered offering something like this, @supershredderdan ? It seems to be popular, for good reason apparently. Ohms too low for TCR? Guess I'll find out...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  14. Grifo

Grifo Well-Known Member

anyone know what could be causing a no atomizer/ check atomizer error?

15. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Your coil posts look scary

HerbieVonVapster likes this.
  16. Improvize

Wait till you see the quads I'm finishing up. :brow:

almost there likes this.
  17. supershredderdan

supershredderdan Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Loose coils or coils touching the metal, otherwise there may be a problem with your deck in which we can replace

Or the pin of the box mod isn't connecting with the center pin of the deck, if you can try it on other mods for comparison you can rule that out or just look to see if the pin is compressed down

18. Grifo

Grifo Well-Known Member

My splinter works fine on it. I'll check to see if anything is loose or touching.

HerbieVonVapster and Summer like this.
  19. jardri

jardri Vapor Dreams

Yeah that´s the way to go. I tried 24Ga quad coils and they were great too but flavour with 20Ga is better. You can try to oversize loops using a screwdriver. You can get more resistance out of it but I haven´t managed to get a consistent tcr with 20Ga SS. If you have any success please tell!!

HerbieVonVapster and KeroZen like this.
  20. entirely_foreign

entirely_foreign Well-Known Member

Are all builds on the stempod deck in series? Or is there a way to switch between series and parallel?

21. Improvize

Yeah, poor TCR is what I'm finding as well. In fact, I've found no coils that TCR quite as well as Claptons. I plan to order some 26/30 unfused claptons to match what comes in the Imp. I know a Stempod-sized build will be different, but that coil TCRs so damn nicely. I hope it can be done as well on the SP .

I made some quads out of this that work great but holy power needs, Batman!

[​IMG]

@entirely_foreign it just depends on where you wire in the posts. Alternate top bottom to wire in series, wire one side top one side bottom for parallel.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  22. jardri

jardri Vapor Dreams

Wow @Improvize so much overkill!! BTW what in god´s realm did you do to have so much dirt in your Stempod? I use it daily since october, never cleaned it and my unit is clean with no residue or burnt parts.

23. Improvize

The burns were there since it was purchased used so I can't speak to that. The dirt is all me. I carried in a coat pocket for a while so probably accumulated crap that way. It's time for a bath for sure.

jardri and Summer like this.
  24. princessForestkatt

princessForestkatt New Member

Does anyone have experience with titanium coils? I made a set yesterday (24AWG, 12 wraps, ø=4mm) and they heat up in about 1/2 or 1/4 the time of the MPL's HD coils i had on before, and they hold temperature more consistently while pulling at a lower maximum wattage. The faster heat-up time and lower wattage also mean my mod seems to not heat up during use, at least not as much as with the SS coils I switched from. I used to get device overheat warnings on longer sessions. The AVB is even without stirring.

They read 0.254Ω, I use TCR750, 35W, 380°F-420°F. Mod is a joyetech evic VTC Dual running tubo firmware. Faint glowing starts very at a setting of 410°F-420°F, more faint than my previous SS setup but still visible in the right light.

I've read a little on other RDA forums about titanium coils outgassing at relatively low temperature compared to steel but am not sure where to look for more information on that. Is there anyone with more information that wants to talk me out of using this setup?

25. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

Problems arise when your mod will kick out of TC for reason X or Y, and revert to power mode... in which case the coil could ignite and vaporize...

Plus there are indeed some ongoing questions around the various oxides (make it glow once and it will look all flaky/powdery coated)

This is why I tend to avoid Ti personally. But YMMV!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors