StemPod by MPL

MoltenTiger

how soon can I expect the stempod to ship after ordering?
Mine still says processing on my account, but I have the device in hand.

I asked Dan for a tracking number via PM here, it had shipped a few days before I asked.

Hey all!
I'm just wondering, do we get an email or anything when our order has been despatched? Or does anything change on the modpod order page? It's just my order shows as processing( for about 5 days now) and wondering wether that's normal or I have fucked something up on the payment.

We have fully caught up on the que, pm me your order number and I'll see if it has in fact shipped and give you tracking.

Everyone should be getting a tracking email if they ordered through the site, let us know if that isn't the case

Bdubbdiblets

I got a splinter and sp on same day about 2 weeks ago.

Splinter has been easy, wattage or TC on tubo firmware...all good

I'm having some trouble dialing the sp in....in wattage I get charring very easily at like 30 watts and in TC it barely heats up at like 195 Celsius...again on tubo firmware.

Evic vtwo mini...

Really wanna figure this thing out so any advice would be super...

:wave:

b0

Cloudy...
I got a splinter and sp on same day about 2 weeks ago.

Splinter has been easy, wattage or TC on tubo firmware...all good

I'm having some trouble dialing the sp in....in wattage I get charring very easily at like 30 watts and in TC it barely heats up at like 195 Celsius...again on tubo firmware.

Evic vtwo mini...

Really wanna figure this thing out so any advice would be super...

:wave:

Are you using it with the firmware stock or Arctic Fox?

MoltenTiger

I was running my StemPod on funky junky firmware last night. And daaamn did I get baked. I'm going to do it again now!

I'm still in the process of figuring it all out, but I had it set to TCR 210 as per the manual, the resistance auto selected 0.246 ohm, and the temp turned up to 255°C (260 was tempting, but 255 was causing noticeably less coil glow).

It's definitely hotter than I could run the TUBOx, but the herb was coming out just a bit browner than golden.

I found having max airflow and using a sidecar matrix rig to be pretty damn satisfying.

I get bigger clouds from my cool-running Grasshopper, the StemPod is very close to the TUBOx from what I can tell so far. Huge airflow and not-so-rapid extraction. And a very similar signature, which is decent. I didn't find it super hard hitting, more of a session based creeper.

It still hits hard, just not GH hard, and compared to Sublimator levels, a far cry still

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
I was running my StemPod on funky junky firmware last night. And daaamn did I get baked. I'm going to do it again now!

I'm still in the process of figuring it all out, but I had it set to TCR 210 as per the manual, the resistance auto selected 0.246 ohm, and the temp turned up to 255°C (260 was tempting, but 255 was causing noticeably less coil glow).

It's definitely hotter than I could run the TUBOx, but the herb was coming out just a bit browner than golden.

I found having max airflow and using a sidecar matrix rig to be pretty damn satisfying.

I get bigger clouds from my cool-running Grasshopper, the StemPod is very close to the TUBOx from what I can tell so far. Huge airflow and not-so-rapid extraction. And a very similar signature, which is decent. I didn't find it super hard hitting, more of a session based creeper.

It still hits hard, just not GH hard, and compared to Sublimator levels, a far cry still
I've started recommending tcr 265, finding it's a bit more accurate with a 60 to 70 watt preamp

MoltenTiger

I've started recommending tcr 265, finding it's a bit more accurate with a 60 to 70 watt preamp
cool!

I was just having a few hits, and damn man, what a vape!!
Very nice effect.

I'm going to go try TCR:265 now for sure, I was wondering on what to tweak to get it to a more optimal/relative temp.

Could you clarify the powered watt preamp?
I am such a noob at all this mod stuff, I have practically just plugged and played and hoped for the best.
It's been alright so far, but I'm sure I can get more out of this thing.

I ended up just now trying 260°C and it was pretty awesome with the full airflow, but it actually overheated the RX300 after some time.
255°C with reduced airflow ended up giving a solid white-wall, so I'm very happy with this thing now.

I also should point out that recently I mentioned a concern with fitment, where the glass joint was pulling off the metal/silicone shroud from the deck. I cleaned and am using a different ground adapter, and it's no longer an issue. I had before some rougher/janky chinese rubbish that came with a D020, so it's more likely a tolerance issue with that particular glass piece. It's perfect with this other adapter, it just comes off even when it's as hot as possible.

I'm super baked off those few hits, haha far out

Edit: so, TCR 265 was on point. 210°C - 220°C - 230°C, at this point it was bordering combustion, and with the fresh chamber I just loaded, it properly one hit it. Some gradient to the heat distribution through the screen hat. But yeah, this thing kicks ass

Last edited:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Anyone want to do a group buy in Europe or something to save on shipping costs? Shipping is about $36, but for like 10 units it's only $78 for shipping. Then I could even distribute them inside Europe for about €10 shipped from my location so we'd all cut down on shipping costs.

If there's enough interest we could make a small discussion on making this happen! Maybe message or like the comment or reply if you're down for it! We can also order a bunch of spares and other parts too.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic

Such high power should be recommended *only* with the caveat that your users must be using a 2 or 3 cells mod. This is way above what a single 18-20A CDR cell can provide.

Users with single cell mods should not exceed 50W when using the common recommended cells. Unless you are using really high discharge cells like the LG HB6, the new Samsung 20S (also newest VapCell black rewrap) or the Sony VTC3.

Razshiro

Hey @deadlytoaster that certainly sounds interesting! Customs fees could get pretty intense though...
+1 but i'm afraid too of custom fees, even if we save some $$ on shipping, @deadlytoaster do you have to pay custom in your country? I never had to pay custom with USPS (only with UPS/DHL/Fedex) but i never ordered 10 units (almost 1k dollars value)... :2c::2c:

money2

Has anyone found a sweet spot with a DNA75 mod? Seems like majority of reports are from fj firmware users.

money2,

b0

Cloudy...
Has anyone found a sweet spot with a DNA75 mod? Seems like majority of reports are from fj firmware users.

Curious about this as well. I'm planing to test my unit when it arrives next week with AF and if it's as good as I'm expecting it to be, I was thinking about getting a DNA 250 but not sure how they work, I only know they're supposed to be one of the best chips out there...

b0,

Evilevile

Hey guys?

My coils are noticeably splitting open.

xnvkex.jpg

That's bad, right? How often should I replace coils? What's the average lifespan?

I only ran about an eighth through these coils. I was hoping they would last longer than that. :ugh:
I hope nail clippers will do until I can get some proper tools.

I'm going with TCR then to help prolong my coils life.
Also I'm trying out TCR mode on the P80, but I have to choose between TCR 120, TCR 105, SS 316, Nickel and Titanium. I don't have a TCR 210 like the manual suggests. I always end up choosing wattage mode because it's too confusing. Can someone with a P80 please tell me what works for them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom