• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

StemPod by MPL

Summer

Long Island, NY
Dan did a stream several days ago using the Movkin Disguiser, but unfortunately I didn't save it. So yesterday, he did a stream where he used it again. Using rudimentary capturing tools I managed to grab a couple of poor quality pics to post, so hopefully, you'll be able to see the adaptation where he cut off the sidecar top round circle ring & uses it without the sidecar cover plate. He said he likes it using it dry as a portable as "its a little awkward to dock through water."

153kz6b_th.jpg

2qlh2t2.jpg

2qlh2t2.jpg

303bslt.jpg

2hi4avt.jpg

HerbieVonVapster

Dan did a stream several days ago using the Movkin Disguiser, but unfortunately I didn't save it. So yesterday, he did a stream where he used it again. Using rudimentary capturing tools I managed to grab a couple of poor quality pics to post, so hopefully, you'll be able to see the adaptation where he cut off the sidecar top round circle ring & uses it without the sidecar cover plate. He said he likes it using it dry as a portable as "its a little awkward to dock through water."

Yes it's a huge Mod but not much else that stempod fit on.
I bought mine to use with iheat so has a wood sticker.
You can see there's a lot room to fit large addy.
2qc48id.jpg

23liq02.jpg

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hm so between the Splinter and iHeat then... I thought it was smaller than the iHeat. Thanks for measuring.

Summer

Long Island, NY
After I found out I could screen-capture stream hits (yes, I know I need a better program), I remembered this, which I'm sure y'all will get a kick, maybe even a thrill :brow:, out of. Dan did a stream on 8/15 or 16 wherein he used a SP with 4 coils. It was his 2nd build attempt. He used it through water.

1st time evic mini 35 watts, 1/2 open airflow through water. 2nd hit 50W (which, btw, is what Dan says he usually runs his 2-coil at), "but it still felt a good deal more relaxed than the double"(coil). Then (2) 65W hits. He "wouldn't necessarily say that it was more powerful than a double build." - edited to add: in this configuration.

4_coils_1.jpg
4_coils_12.jpg

"Since it's double the mass, it would be better to use with a high powered box mod," but only had 2 batts., not 3; & the 2 batts used were unevenly charged. And on top of this, the coils weren't glowing evenly as he didn't have a good allen key to tighten. :doh: :lol:
He started at 90W for 1 hit & dropped down to 85W for the 2nd which cleared the bowl. He said those hits were at FP level.

So the top leads of the 2 coils on one side go into the same top 510 hole on the right side (your pick), & then the 2 bottom leads go into the lower left hole of the 510. He does 1 side of the 510 completely before doing the opposite side.
4_coils_3.jpg
4_coils_13.jpg

4_coils_7.jpg

4_coils_11.jpg
4_coils_8.jpg

4_coils_5.jpg
4_coils_10.jpg

Last edited:

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
@supershredderdan @Summer is there any big difference between using horizontal and vertical coils?

as summer said, the vertical arrangement makes 4 coils possible, but basically they are the same, though I feel the vertical quad coils transferred heat a bit more efficiently as each coil has a single airflow vent dedicated to it. I like the quad set up for speed bowls on dual batteries or more, but I find the dual coils are more practical for every day use on a single battery mod

Tracking of my order has been stuck since 18th :cry:
I feel your pain, my tracking stalled on the 18th for 3 days too. Unfortunately when it got back in transit, it got held by U.K customs at the next stop . I'll have to figure out what to do from here, anyone familiar with the process? I'd guess I'll just get sent a letter or something with an import charge?

Justastoner350,
Reactions: Hogni

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
If it's a fast courier, they'll pay upfront and ask for the extra (VAT+eventual import duty+administrative fee) upon delivery, but if it's your national post service fulfilling the last distribution step, then you should get a notice inviting you to visit your local post office, where they give you a bill for the extras.

If it's a fast courier, they'll pay upfront and ask for the extra (VAT+eventual import duty+administrative fee) upon delivery, but if it's your national post service fulfilling the last distribution step, then you should get a notice inviting you to visit your local post office, where they give you a bill for the extras.
Thanks so much for that! I was trying to Google but got a baby bashing my phone and was proving quite difficult.

b0

Cloudy...
I feel your pain, my tracking stalled on the 18th for 3 days too. Unfortunately when it got back in transit, it got held by U.K customs at the next stop . I'll have to figure out what to do from here, anyone familiar with the process? I'd guess I'll just get sent a letter or something with an import charge?

Go to parcelforce.com and track your item there. Usually you can just pay online and will be with you in 2 days if I remember right. Happens when it's declared over £15, you get a 21% tax + handling that its around £10.

Well, lets hope mine doesn't take long :shrug:

TNT_error

I'll take the durability and build deck over everything! I'll eventually get the other 2 anyways lol...

Has anybody tried the putting the load in the joint between a screen and the basket like the tubo/flam?

hoyo77

I'll take the durability and build deck over everything! I'll eventually get the other 2 anyways lol...

Has anybody tried the putting the load in the joint between a screen and the basket like the tubo/flam?
have not tried that...but i got glass stem from ddave mods and the new glass stem from ryan at RBT.....they are my 2 new favorite glass stems.

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p59/The_DDave_18mm_Tubo_Evic_VaporCooler_V3.html

https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/product-p/xl8r.htm

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Damn if only there was a way to get the Tubo Firmware on the Movkin Disguiser I'd buy it and the modpod in an instant.

deadlytoaster,
Top Bottom