Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Got an email back from CS and was asked if I'd try the 2 hole out before sending back to see if I would maybe want to just keep it so I'm going to. It sure is pretty. It's also bigger than my vtc mini hahaha. Luckily the mini is 5x heavier so it won't tip over unless you bump it.

IMG_20180921_205344.jpg

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Cheesequake, try uploading to postimage.org so everyone can see your pics. It's really intuitive to use. Obviously that's not the quilted maple Z shown in your signature, so what color is it? The reddish brown wood goes well with your red mod.

Last edited:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
@Cheesequake, try uploading to postimage.org so everyone can see your pics. It's really intuitive to use. Obviously that's not the quilted maple Z show in your signature, so what color is it? The reddish brown wood goes well with your red mod.
Bubinga. I originally ordered quilted maple but then I chose high flow which wasn't available so he said he'd make me a 4 hole bubinga and sent me a 2 hole bubinga.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Having a honeymoon weekend with my 4 hole Bird's Eye Maple Z. Awesome vape indeed.
I downloaded @HerbieVonVapster current Z profile in escribe, and it worked smoothly out of the box on my Steam Engine with DNA75. But after a couple loads, it became unstable, and was switching out of temp control.
Noticed that the ohms were not locked in the profile. So I locked in my cold ohms of my Z, and it has been running stable since. It does feel to run about 20° hotter than the Tubo, but Im good with that, as long as it's consistent. I could probably tweak my ohms a tad to get it closer to real temp later on.
Great unit. If you can get one, jump on it. I too was on the list to be notified when these would be available, but received no notification. Only knew they were listed because of FC. Thanks FC. :clap:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Does the Z only have a better vapor developement than the Splinter or does it also have a better taste in your opinion?

I'm unsure to change my Splinter order to a Z. But at least the Splinter seems to be better suited (a bit stealthier) for use on the go, which is a very important point for me.

2 or 4 air intakes?

Question after question.....:huh: :hmm::ugh:

Alexis

2 or 4 air intakes?
4! :rockon: ;) Im hoping George gets some 4's in stock. I realised that the OG Splinter probably isnt the most suitable device for what Im looking for. As in not quite stealthy enough for on the go, with a chance of glass breakage that way too. And possibly my lungs are too sensitive for the dry hits.

But I really would like one of these devices to run through water at home, but would choose tge 4 hole. I hope RBT and George realise that 4 holes may be be quite popular.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
4! :rockon: ;) Im hoping George gets some 4's in stock. I realised that the OG Splinter probably isnt the most suitable device for what Im looking for. As in not quite stealthy enough for on the go, with a chance of glass breakage that way too. And possibly my lungs are too sensitive for the dry hits.

But I really would like one of these devices to run through water at home, but would choose tge 4 hole. I hope RBT and George realise that 4 holes may be be quite popular.
Just to clarify the 2 hole works more than fine through glass and is by no means overly restrictive. That said the 4 hole feels more like the OG Zion/Milaana wide open airflow if that's what you are after.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Is the Zion ever coming back?

I don't think it will be produced again as a product per se (too much labor intensive to be profitable). But it lives on in the Splinter Z and P.A.M. Apart from the air intake path (bottom vs side hole(s)) they are strictly equivalent.

If you run your Splinter Z in VV mode then you have practically speaking a Zion. If you run it in TC mode then you have something even better than a Zion.

In all cases you gain many battery protections (over-current, under-voltage, over-voltage, weak cell detection etc) as well as integrated charging. It's a superior product thanks to the mod box.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Just to clarify the 2 hole works more than fine through glass and is by no means overly restrictive. That said the 4 hole feels more like the OG Zion/Milaana wide open airflow if that's what you are after.

So, am I correct is saying that the 4-hole needs higher wattage to generate vapor because of the more open airflow, which, without water usage, means that the vapor will be hot, thus harsher?

Summer,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

So, am I correct is saying that the 4-hole needs higher wattage to generate vapor because of the more open airflow, which, without water usage, means that the vapor will be hot, thus harsher?
I wonder if the heater might actually be more than powerful enough and amply powered without raising wattage? I would hope so anyway, I would like to own a 4 holer if Vapefiend get some in (SURELY they will.) But of course, not increasing harshness would be nice.

I am excited at the prospect of having such a convenient cord free heavy water pipe hitter on standby 24/7, no need for a torch or a coil. I often awake early and vape to get back to bed.

The Z would be perfect for such times, ready by bedside. Vapcapping can get a bit drawn out at these times.

Alexis

When Ryan has a stream this week when I'm available, I'll ask him if VF is getting both the 2 & 4 hole Zs.
Yes please do, I really can see there being a high demand for this version. And I have been meaning to echo @Hogni 's sentiments in saying a big thank you and appreciation for your efforts to keep bringing all this info to the table and present it so clearly, double checking all the details, as well as engaging directly with Ryan in order to try and help him make the best decisions to please the crowds. Commendations girl please keep it up. :tup:

Last edited:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
My buddy who never uses manual vapes came over and gave the Z a try. Had absolutely no trouble getting the hang of it. Charred one bowl then after I told him to inhale faster no more char just great hit after great hit. We were going to throw in on a big volcano bowl but one stem in the Z had him too high to want to lol.

Alexis

@Summer hi there, so I figured- it ain't right and proper to sit back and leave you to do all the shopping, cooking and ironing, waiting for tea. So I got off my own arse and shouted out to Ryan on IG ( @Hackerman Im with you 100% bro, I CANNOT figure Instagram out fully. It does my head in. For example, a little while ago I knew how to see a record of all the posts I have liked. Now I have NO IDEA where or how. Just no way to find that page/tab/bermuda fucking place.:hmm::argh:).
So I just have to give up, but I suspect they may have changed it anyway. Like the flipping supermarket aisles lol.
But yeah, I reached out to Ryan and asked him if he would consider there may be an equal demand for 4 holers and it might be a good idea to allocate a decent number to Vapefiend.

He replied to me good on him: "We will be shipping Vapefiend a small batch out of the next run."

So maybe not quite 200 units. But I honestly couldn't see that anyway when only what a dozen or few dozen are out there so far?
Still- it is happening it would seem. Good old George. Just a week ago he was telling me the
Z was a pipe dream for 2019 at best. NOW I find out he is colluding behind my back to have units shipped in under my nose! :lol:

Summer

Long Island, NY
You too funny, @Alexis! "bermuda fucking place." :lmao: I don't mind doing the shopping, cooking & ironing, but I hate doing the dishes. :brow:

Why not contact George & ask out how many 2 & 4 holes he's gonna get? Tell him to email you when they go up for sale.

kuzko

Someone on Reddit yesterday posted a pic of a Z and were asking people which version it was.

They claimed they purchased a regular Splinter and think they were sent a Z, and was happy to be informed by others it was in fact a Z.

Could be they just don’t know what they ordered, or got packed wrong, or got an intentional gift from Ryan, or they are just liars.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Guess the reason is the general confusion caused by the ever-changing joint sizes. It drives some people totally nuts :freak:

Alexis

Guess the reason is the general confusion caused by the ever-changing joint sizes. It drives some people totally nuts :freak:
Confusion alright. I mean, did the joint sizes ACTUALLY change? Or was it just a misprint originally? I know that was the case more recently, but never got clear on whether there was a different joint size at a previous point?

And moving forwards, we are keeping just the one joint size now yes? Which matches the Splinter and fits the Vapefiend gongs?

So cool George is able to supply Ryan with gongs, because this keeps him in a strong position and direct line to have a little influence on what Ryan senfs him, when and how much.

So if I say to George "Yo, G, get me 150 Z's by tomorrow". I lean on my guy, he leans on Ryan...
I get my Z's! :p

Alexis,
Reactions: Hogni

AJS

Calm Consistency
2 hole bubinga.
I can't stop laughing every time you say bubinga and I'm not exactly sure why.
Glad you like the 2. It's wicked. I vouche for the lower airflow heavily, hope you'll see it can be quite comfortable, simple, and strong despite feeling more limited with lower airflow.

Edit: I want to reiterate a point made by I think OtherSide. The 2 hole is in no way too restricted imo, it is comfortable, I never feel like I'm "fighting" it, and many times I draw lower than where there is even a resistance. It is just a super enjoyable vape and I personally wouldn't change a single thing about it (hard to say for most vapes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom