Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This Splinter is tempting me a lot.
I would like to ask who knows: how long does a whole session last with the splinter? I mean a continuous shooting session. I ask because I'm fond of my one-hour sessions with the swift pro.

The session can be as short or long as you want it, it depends what power (or with temp control) setting you are at and how big your bowls and hits are. I will say that it will absolutely extract quicker than a swift pro however just because it is so much more powerful with so many more usage options with stems and mods. Since it is on demand instead of session, each hit will be stronger and you will be able to pace yourself. So yes a session could be as long as you like, it is up to the user here as in most on demand vapes.

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I would like to ask who knows: how long does a whole session last with the splinter? I mean a continuous shooting session. I ask because I'm fond of my one-hour sessions with the swift pro.
Like @Shit Snacks said...it’s up to you. Filled a rimmed basket last night, had a half dozen hits over the course of two hours. Just left it by my rocker when I went to bed. When I left the house at lunchtime today, picked up the stem and finished it off with two nice hits. So easy and consistent. And I’m still just a watts guy... but tempted to mess with my dna mod in TC...

Vapest

Hi FC & @RastaBuddhaTao

Sadly received my custom Z with a loose glass joint today. The retailer has returned the rest of the stock as of the following problem, and explained it was down to wood warping, which RBT is aware of.

I really dont want to part with this piece. I asked the retailer if known what type of glue/cement is used? but responded advising me not to try fix myself as it has to be positioned quite specifically & could be a ongoing issue as of the warping.

What do you guys think? I've got 30days to return, but I would rather not, i'm actually willing to risk it if i can fix it? even if it does again in future.

Thanks in advance.

- I have a picture, trying to work out how to upload.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Hi FC & @RastaBuddhaTao

Sadly received my custom Z with a loose glass joint today. The retailer has returned the rest of the stock as of the following problem, and explained it was down to wood warping, which RBT is aware of.

I really dont want to part with this piece. I asked the retailer if known what type of glue/cement is used? but responded advising me not to try fix myself as it has to be positioned quite specifically & could be a ongoing issue as of the warping.

What do you guys think? I've got 30days to return, but I would rather not, i'm actually willing to risk it if i can fix it? even if it does again in future.

Thanks in advance.

- I have a picture, trying to work out how to upload.

Tinypic to upload, paste the bb code text. Sorry to hear, its easy to get attached to these lovely woods, hope it works out.

Vapest

Tinypic to upload, paste the bb code text. Sorry to hear, its easy to get attached to these lovely woods, hope it works out.

Much appreciated.

1038uxc.jpg

Fingers crossed can get this sorted, heres hoping it going to be a simple issue to fix.

In side the unit for those interested.
250jtk4.jpg

And a small chip that I hope shouldnt cause and problems. Couldnt find the debris inside the unit.
2rgm90n.jpg

Compared to the V2 the wood is thinner but the glass is thicker.

edit- trying to find any sort of marking/giveaways to see if has to be fixed in any sort or position.

Last edited by a moderator:

CL52613

I know how you feel, but why take a chance on ruining your vaporizer permanently? It is always the dilemma when something you use and love has a problem and needs repair. Bite the bullet, return it and when it comes back you can celebrate and appreciate how good the Splinter really is. Since Ryan is aware of the problem with warping of the Splinter body I am sure he will make the necessary modifications so this will no longer be an issue.

Vapest

@CL52613 Your most likely right, and my gut is telling me to return.

But my return would be to the UK stockist, unless @RastaBuddhaTao can chime in, can it be fixed if the woods the problem? I could be under the wrong impression here, but I was thinking the warping was from shipping over seas to the UK. But if its from the heat element causing the warping, then theres not much I can do. I did not even consider this, has the latest batch's wood been made thinner?

Was just expecting that glass joint needed re-cementing, and then the vape kept well looked after and dry.

edit- Also afaik the US customs have stopped being made, so i doubt the UK stockist will see them again; We'll see if RBT can chime in.

Last edited:
Vapest,

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
The session can be as short or long as you want it, it depends what power (or with temp control) setting you are at and how big your bowls and hits are. I will say that it will absolutely extract quicker than a swift pro however just because it is so much more powerful with so many more usage options with stems and mods. Since it is on demand instead of session, each hit will be stronger and you will be able to pace yourself. So yes a session could be as long as you like, it is up to the user here as in most on demand vapes.

I always vape at 200 ° C (392 ° F), so according to the table I should set it to 35 W.
With this setting, how long a session long shots -one after the other- can last? (is it convention isn't it?).
Thanks for the replies and sorry but I'm quite "new" on vaporization.

TiSteamo,

Shit Snacks

I always vape at 200 ° C (392 ° F), so according to the table I should set it to 35 W.
With this setting, how long a session long shots -one after the other- can last? (is it convention isn't it?).
Thanks for the replies and sorry but I'm quite "new" on vaporization.

Yeah there are just too many variables in load and draw for me to say, it also becomes heat soaked as you go so you won't need to hold the trigger as long. Kind of natural temp stepping, but at that low of a wattage it should be easy to maintain and keep going for a while as Summer said.This is pure convection instant on demand, so it will function quite a bit differently than what you are used to. This type of technology is what ruined me for session vapes lol

TiSteamo

@TiSteamo, I get 4 hits per full load. 392° F is my preferred temp, too. I take 2 hits @ 32 watts for flavor. Then 2 final hits at 36 watts. All are tasty, except the last hit.
I understood. :hmm:
No, I was looking for something more lasting ... Too bad!

TiSteamo,
Reactions: Summer

Shit Snacks

I understood. :hmm:
No, I was looking for something more lasting ... Too bad!

I'm trying to tell you its all relative, if by longer lasting you mean a weaker slower vape then I guess this isn't the one for you? But hit for hit, bowl for bowl, this is definitely more efficient at least. :2c::peace:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Easywider

buddingglasshead

I'm trying to tell you its all relative, if by longer lasting you mean a weaker slower vape then I guess this isn't the one for you? But hit for hit, bowl for bowl, this is definitely more efficient at least. :2c::peace:

@TiSteamo There is also the option of using two baskets. One at the top of the joint and the one at the bottom and filling in between. Can easily fit .5g or more depending on grind and pack. Doing that at a low temperature would last you a long time.

I've seen your posts in a few threads. Unfortunately I don't think any modern vape is going to replicate the same experience you get with your swift pro. I hope you are able to find something that fits your needs!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Puffitup has a Splinter Z V2?? https://www.puffitup.com/Splinter-Z-V2-Vaporizer-p/rbt.spltr-z_v2.htm

Any info on this?? Price is comparable to the Custom Splinter Z.

Could it be an early "April's fool" joke?

PuffitUp contacted me and the price of the Splinter Z V1 was listed high and might be lowered but the retailers can float the $169 MSRP up and down 20% by contract at their discretion. I know some of the retailers are planning on some 420 sales but why let a little discount keep you from that tasty vapor for nearly a month lol.

The Splinter vapes are on demand so if you run low wattage you can sip away all day. It is pretty versatile and can adjusted to fit most folks needs.

Ahhh you are so right! I was already saving up for a Milaana2 and now I guess I will need to get another custom Z as well... Will it be the same woods available @RastaBuddhaTao or anything new? I'd still flip for a Flame Box Elder vape made by you :drool: but I just love variety and will get a ZV1 at some point too I'm sure

Yes, we are mearly building out the stock of parts on hand to depletion... Then the US shop will explore making the ROOT and possibly a limited run of the Mi Rocks (guitar neck inspired) units... wrote that here on FC some where ??? lol As of a few days ago the new primary focus of RBT is getting Sliver and Milaana 3 added to the standard product and accelerating the SEED design into production. US made will be fit in as time permits.

sickmanfraud

I ask because I'm fond of my one-hour sessions with the swift pro.

I may be confused, but I thought the Swift Pro, like the CFV, only had 20 minutes of vape time per charge??

I can not speak to the warping of the wood. I can tell you my first splinter US had the glass fall out and I used a version of "crazy glue" for higher heat and it stayed in place fine after the repair.

TiSteamo

The Splinter vapes are on demand so if you run low wattage you can sip away all day. It is pretty versatile and can adjusted to fit most folks needs.

Sounds cool. Thank you! :tup:

I may be confused, but I thought the Swift Pro, like the CFV, only had 20 minutes of vape time per charge??

I always do 50 minute sessions.
That is the maximum duration of a charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
TiSteamo,

Hammahead

But my return would be to the UK stockist, unless @RastaBuddhaTao can chime in, can it be fixed if the woods the problem?

I bought my SplinterZ at @VapeFiend.com (only source for the Z then) and had exactly the same thing happen after a couple of days. Sent it in and a few hours (!) after it arrived there, they replaced my shipping costs and sent me a brand new one which I'm happily using several times a day. So what I'm saying is that if you bought it there too, don't worry, send it in and you'll be good in no time.

Vapest

I can not speak to the warping of the wood. I can tell you my first splinter US had the glass fall out and I used a version of "crazy glue" for higher heat and it stayed in place fine after the repair.

i used gorilla glue clear,you cant even see its been done.

Great I can get hold of this glue. Thanks.

So you dont have to glue it in any particular position, just making sure the heat element is central and not touching the glass i imagine?

@Hammahead Thats great service, and I cant fault there customer service either. Im not sure when VF is receiving the next batch of US Customs, i doubt it would be before my guarantee runs out. They offered me the standard Z, but i was purchasing the custom for the wood.

Vapest,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom