Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have both the SplinterZ profile and the SplinterZ 19/22 profile loaded on my HCigar and I tend to use latter usually, but I have used the former when using my RBT cooling stem which has the shorter joint. I haven't used it enough to get a good impression of whether it really works better, but I continue to collect data... ;)
@HerbieVonVapster I'm thinking this is what you intended. Does anyone switch between these back and forth?

HerbieVonVapster

@HerbieVonVapster I'm thinking this is what you intended. Does anyone switch between these back and forth?

I have one of the shorter RBT Jr cooler that I use the 19/19 with it. Tend not to use it hard to clean. I mostly use wood stems 19/22 with finer basket type screens.

That the reason haven't pulled the trigger on the above cooling stem. I have horrible luck with glass and breakage due to my hands. The wooden stems I can ram a nylon cleaning brush thru call it a day.

My luck it will last a week :(

billygoat

DNA mods use TRF so any of the FCSHARE files use them in the material profiles. Here are a couple to get you started. Copy to note save as .CSV file

"Temperature (degF)","Electrical Resistivity"

Here is a link to more files material files and info
https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65874-ss316l-help/?tab=comments#comment-891610

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

billygoat,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave could you tell me a little more on that please?
The piece is an 18mm Male. Will have 18mm screens with option of a second set of screens, smaller in size that sit inside the larger. They reduce the capacity by about 30%.

Presently I've got the larger of the two screens, awaiting the smaller sized batch.

They're here. .. :buzz:
Is this the same cooling stem?

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p80/The_Ultimate_Cooling_Stem.html

edit: it looked like the old cooler, but realize in the description that it is not the tubo evic cooler (look similar)[/QUOTE]

Same body as the Tubo cooler, but different male joint. Made to fit the portables that had troubles using my original cooler.

DDave,
Reactions: Lozo

sickmanfraud

C grade DNAs have an alternative boost built into replay that works much better without ever combusting in my experience.

Could you please elaborate?

An example of one or two c-grade dnas, please. :D

I think he means 250C or 75C mods.

Some DNA250C mods are lost Vape Paranormal, Lost Vape Triade, Think Vape finder.

For DNA75C the Hcigar vt75D (it is color).

Summer

Long Island, NY
And what about the quality of Chinese dna firmware - higar? & some name that begins with a Y ... Yichi???

Summer,
I finally received my splinter Z, am a bit confused about the solder in the middle of the screen and the fine regular scratches on the top half of the wood (hard to photograph). is this normal?
24xjrb8.jpg
103d9nb.jpg

fluffyBollocks,
Reactions: cybrguy
okay thanks for your opinion let's see what vapefiend (and other splinter Z owners) say.

Edit: vapefiend responded very fast basically they say that's both normal.
"The material on your screen is unlikely to be solder, we've checked a few Z's here and we think this is likely the heater assembly underneath the particulate screens and it can discolour when test heated; if you very gently run your finger over the mark on the screen is it raised like molten metal - or is the mesh torn at all?" as far as I can feel with my wurst fingers it's flat and not torn.

"It's hard to make the marks on the body out from your picture, but most of the standard Bubinga Z's do have some minor tooling marks from where the wood is turned on a lathe."

basically what I expected, opinions still welcome before I fire this baby up.

Last edited:
fluffyBollocks,
Reactions: Summer

almost there

I finally received my splinter Z, am a bit confused about the solder in the middle of the screen and the fine regular scratches on the top half of the wood (hard to photograph). is this normal?
24xjrb8.jpg
103d9nb.jpg
According to the owner of Vgoodiez that's a "resistance weld", no idea what that translates to but it's suppose to be normal. I have one in my V1 but it's not as pronounced

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@fluffyBollocks,

efore using the vape at all I did notice a small black mark on the center of the screen in the actual splinter.

So the black spot is normal. As far as any imperfections in the wood, you have to make allowance as this is being mass-produced. Even my custom Splinter had milling imperfections around the top rim. Neither Ryan or the Chinese factory employees are artisans & I'm certain that the wood itself is not top grade.

BTW, vapefiend has an IGTV vid. which shows the dydrotube in action:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/BvLua1xA2oh/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1bkl5ijm713ez

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Just got my second Z off of the classifieds, and once again, I just LOVE these devices. Got a Purpleheart with a Squid Industries Double Barrel mod. No TC or anything like that, just a rock solid analog device with mass, heft, nice lines and simple controls. Makes my preference for straight power mode even better. Super simple to dial in the wattage you want, no three deep menus and all of that folderol.

I really enjoy reading about all of you FC'ers figuring out the nuances of these Mod OS's, but after all of the IT I use with my music, I just want to pick out a vape and go one on one with it. Either way, these things are just the shit:cheers::spliff::chill::smug:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just got my second Z off of the classifieds, and once again, I just LOVE these devices. Got a Purpleheart with a Squid Industries Double Barrel mod. No TC or anything like that, just a rock solid analog device with mass, heft, nice lines and simple controls. Makes my preference for straight power mode even better. Super simple to dial in the wattage you want, no three deep menus and all of that folderol.

I really enjoy reading about all of you FC'ers figuring out the nuances of these Mod OS's, but after all of the IT I use with my music, I just want to pick out a vape and go one on one with it. Either way, these things are just the shit:cheers::spliff::chill::smug:

If that company ever makes a side by side version of their mod, I think I would easily buy three! The dial etc is amazing, but too tall and skinny for me maybe

VelocityREST

Hey guys,
Yesterday I got my paranormal mod. It looks phenomenal.
Now it's time for the splinter Z. Which one should I get, the customs or v1?

VelocityREST,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hey guys,
Yesterday I got my paranormal mod. It looks phenomenal.
Now it's time for the splinter Z. Which one should I get, the customs or v1?

I don't have a ZV1 yet but the custom Z is my all-time favorite. I run my non-z Splinter V1 on my Paranormal because the mod is a bit bigger and heavier and I have my Z on the hcigar VT75D.

I'd also be curious how the Chinese Z compares to the home grown model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom