Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

Bandoo

Alternatively you can try pressing onto a SS foil sheet/thin plate which is folded below/routed so it can drip at desired location. I've never tried it and imagine it will be a bit of a mess ,but still an option if you wanna avoid silicone.

That's a good idea! I ordered some thin ss foil and will try it. Will put a crease to catch the drip.
Natty Is there any technical reason why this wouldn't work?
Thank's again guys.

Bandoo,

Lithband

PTFE > parchment. Have only tried it a couple times. So far with a little cold this is by far the most stick resistant stuff i have used. Everything just peels off with very little effort.

Last edited:
Lithband,

Ibn Vapin

DIY Noob
PTFE > parchment. Have only tried it a couple times. So far with a little cold this is by far the most stick resistant stuff i have used. Everything just peels off with very little effort.

How much did a decent size piece of PTFE run you?

Ibn Vapin,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Bandoo Any luck with the SS foil or you are still waiting for it ?
@steama Well i dont see what can go wrong,you can always cool the foil and collect the splattered rosin. Checkout the Flashvape's driptech press which is kind of what the slug does too,only thing is that they do it without parchment, if it works with bare plates i dont see why should it not work with the slug + foil.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: steama

Ibn Vapin

DIY Noob
Mine's supposed to be in Monday by 8pm. That means it'll either get here Monday or Tuesday. Either way, excited as fucking hell. Bought two cans of butane at wally world last night in preparation >.>

It's like...Christmas.

In June.

Abysmal Vapor

You should give some aluminum foil a shot then. Afterall there must be some reason why aluminum foil is so popular with people making concentrates. /s

:cool:
:)) I dont use concentrates and dont bother with extractions,everything seems like a potential hazard for adding unwanted stuff to my concentrates. Rosin looks cool cause it is solventless but they still need to work around using silicon paper and ptfe ,cause IMO when pressure is applied there is damage and particles are released . I would rather have stainless steel in my stuff rather than PTFE and SILICON .Dont get me wrong i would love to try out the slug33 but i cant justify buying without knowing it can work without the shitty papers.
Aluminum foil is the last thing on earth i would use,honestly havent buyed this shit in years,i really hope that you joking that it is popular with the concentrate crowd.
By foil i mean 316/316L stainless foil or plates.
s-l1600.jpg
hho_13_plates_b.JPG

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Why would you stay away from teflon @steama ??
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-use-of-ptfe.26813/
https://www.ewg.org/research/canaries-kitchen/teflon-offgas-studies}
Well i imagine the simple logic of the many people that dont like PTFE is : If it can kill a bird at 200C ,do you want that in your dabs ?
Anyway i think material safety in model specific threads is against the rules so apologies ,for further discussion i suggest using the dedicated thread :p.

Ibn Vapin

DIY Noob
Just gave it my first go-round. Had some blow-out there at the end, but I'm 99.9% sure that that's because of the coin I used as the back-piece wasn't flat and smooth. Easy fix!

I saw my USMC coin and was like ! that's perfect! ...didn't really think about just how sharp the anchor might be at the bottom, so that cut through the parchment paper too. I'll fix'is ass tomorrow at work >:D

Last edited:
Ibn Vapin,

Bandoo

Anybody using the deuce without the seep eliminator?
Do you lose much without it?

Bandoo,

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Cooled plates could possibly work very well. I would love to see it in action. Trying out these things addresses a very valid concern for people who wish to avoid silicone and especially PTFE. I do not have concerns for silicone personally but I would stay the hell away from PTFE (teflon).

I was just funnin' with you on the foil...gotta keep the humor/sarcasm alive. :brow:

:peace:

WEN 4.25" Industrial Strength Benchtop and Drill Press Tilting Angle Vise

wen-vises-434tv-64_1000.jpg

$53.99 made by same Chinese company that makes the Wilton 11754

https://www.homedepot.com/p/WEN-4-2...rill-Press-Tilting-Angle-Vise-434TV/304665580
just make sure its not the 3 inch model the 4.5 incher is what you want.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Looks like an amazing system.

Has anyone tried pressing the slug vertically, applying heat more towards the front, or pressing ground material? Curious about the amount of experimentation the slug .33 provides.

Lithband

Lithband,

Lithband

Spent about a week of lunch breaks at work watching them. Lol I started with the duece. Maybe i should have started small. So far best i get is 20% more in the 7 to 15% though On average. Just have to keep puckin away i guess. Lmao

Lithband

Ya i am unaware of my %. By guessing though i would say 25%. Its pretty frosty. I also have it at the 62% humidity level before pressing. Problem is i will get a good squish. 20% then the next time i get 7% then the next 12%... guess I'm having problems getting my routine down. Im thinking I'm doing it the same but must not be. Lol

Oh and yes. More yield i get harder pucks. Less yield they crumble more.

I just cant figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong and what I'm doing right.

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Ya i am unaware of my %. By guessing though i would say 25%. Its pretty frosty. I also have it at the 62% humidity level before pressing. Problem is i will get a good squish. 20% then the next time i get 7% then the next 12%... guess I'm having problems getting my routine down. Im thinking I'm doing it the same but must not be. Lol

Oh and yes. More yield i get harder pucks. Less yield they crumble more.

I just cant figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong and what I'm doing right.

For consistent results everything must be the same per cultivar. Same flame size, same exact heat time should give you repeatable results. Heat longer for increased yields, heat for less time for more flavor less yields. 15 seconds + or minus make a big difference! The key is finding that sweet spot, it shouldn't take long.

Nattybushdoctor,

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Looks like an amazing system.

Has anyone tried pressing the slug vertically, applying heat more towards the front, or pressing ground material? Curious about the amount of experimentation the slug .33 provides.

They can all be used vertically if you have a base to press them on. The Fat Mac our 3.5 gram unit is designed to be used vertically and it comes with the base. Our 5 oz unit the Limax is also a vertical extractor. The .33 and Deuce are best used horizontally in my opinion.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Thanks steama and Natty for the replies. Makes sense I guess. Wonder about starting vertical to use gravity to your advantage at first, and then switching to horizontal.

So is the slug .33 meant for 1.1 grams? I thought it was 1 gram but I see you mentioned 1.1.

Top Bottom