1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by lazylathe, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

....rather mostly

Doktor Dub likes this.
  2. Froggit

Froggit Member

How Long does it take for the Deuce to cool off to touch for an new press?

3. Nattybushdoctor

Nattybushdoctor Well-Known Member Manufacturer

15 min give or take, on its own. less than few seconds under cold water.

Froggit likes this.
  4. MahatmaGanji

MahatmaGanji Member

Ok everyone! The wait should be over tomorrow!
    My deuce is going to arrive and I will be picking up my vice after work.
    Very excited to get started. I’ve read the thread and watched a ton of vids the past few days... any last minute advice anyone has to add???

5. gimmiemore

gimmiemore Active Member

One thing that I learned is you want to make sure the rear part of the slug is sitting flush against the plate, this is very important.
    Also if on the first try you maybe don't heat the slug enough and you get just a tiny bit of rosin out, try applying more heat to the slug even after it's pressed all the way through, this is probably not the best in terms of quality but at least you will get some rosin out so that flower won't go to waste, or you can vape the leftover puck too.
    I had my slug for about a week but I got the wrong kind of vise, this is why I know how important it is to have your slug really flush against the plate and not have it in any kind of angle. Waiting to get a good vise so I can give my full impressions of the slug.

6. Nattybushdoctor

Nattybushdoctor Well-Known Member Manufacturer

1. load with exact amount. Under packing will result in lower yields. Over packing will result in flower coming out the sides.
    2. Keep flame size consistent.
    3. once your heat time is up compress SLOWLY. Give the flower time to compress.
    4. One minute is just your starting point. Add time or subtract time depending on what your results are. More heat will give you more yield less heat time will give you less yield but more preservation of terps.
    Success is in the details. Enjoy!

Joaon, Doktor Dub and Squiby like this.
  7. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

and perhaps to ad to avoid frustration @MahatmaGanji

if you get no rosin out or flower coming out of the sides it could be that your vice is not really parralel or not slick enough - try a backplate.

:2c:

Good luck!

Hogni likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors