Site Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Is there something wrong with FC? For the last few days (~a week) for me, it only seems to work intermittently. Loading pages takes 10-20 attempts, with most of them redirecting back to "fuckcombustion.com" instead of the link I clicked. The Alert and Inbox mouse overs don't work at all (always time out), and opening PMs to read is impossible, always resulting in a blank page or going back to "fuckccombustion.com" instead. And then hours later everything is fine again, for a little while, until it breaks again. :/ Prior to a few days ago, I've never experienced any issues of this sort.

I get this behaviour on every PC in the house, I've tried Firefox, IE and CHrome, and the same thing is happening. When it's happening, every other website I try works fine, so I don't think it's ISP related. But then, no-one else seems to be talking about this problem so maybe it is just me?

Or are you guys being DDoSed or something?

(Posting this now while everything seems to be working)

Anonymouse,

SD_haze

Did you try clearing the browser cache and cookies? I haven't had any of that behavior on both a mac and pc.

SD_haze,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
It can't be every browser on every PC in the house, though?

Still, I've had PMs from people saying it works for them, so I don't know WTF.

Anonymouse,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
It's got to be on your end, I've been browsing fine from a few different connections, as well as via smartphone, PC, and tablet.

Quetzalcoatl,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It can't be every browser on every PC in the house, though?

Still, I've had PMs from people saying it works for them, so I don't know WTF.
Do you have a phone with 3G?
I use my phone on 3G mode to check when my home Internet gets shitty...

Frederick McGuire,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Nope, wired ADSL2+. I only have the problem with FC (the rest of the Internet keeps working fine when it plays up). I never had any problems like this before a week or so ago, and it's intermittent. It's working fine right now, for example, but for how long? :c

Confused.

Anonymouse,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Good idea. I'll try that next time shit gets real, and if it works I'll add it to my hosts file. :p

Anonymouse,
Reactions: JLG

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
You can also try changing your DNS entirely from you providers to Googles:

Primary: 8.8.8.8
Secondary: 8.8.6.6

It works much better than most ISP's. PM me if you'd like some detailed instructions on how to do so.

CentiZen,
On a somewhat related note, alerts/notifications don't always appear for me. For example, I noticed the Solo thread has a new message, but I didn't get notified. Strange, because it's one of the few vape threads that I actively monitor.

kingofnull,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom