ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I got a Super Surfer, @ataxian . I'm not super big on bags, but it's a nice option for friends. Mostly I have it because it was on sale for $200, and @ThymeTraveler bought it for my birthday present. It has a different wand than my SSV, and I love both my Super Surfer and my Silver Surfer. All of the surfer bizniz makes me think of you. :leaf::rockon::leaf:
I like how simple the SSV is!

JacoboP

Mine I got second hand died albeit it was 8+ years old but I think using a converter for it during camping off the 12v battery caused my internals to die and then like a dummy ... I must've thrown it out instead of keeping the housing and getting the 40$ replacement dimmer and heater components I always regret that as I am a panic attack sufferer and can't work much and it's often out of my budget along with meds

Alexis

I love my SSV, but am consideriing getting a LSV to complete my 7th Floor collection. Waiting for a great deal
Hearing you say this makes me even more intrigued and excited to potentially try it very soon.

I don't know yet for sure if it is actively on the cards but I expect so. I am really looking forward to it though after reading all the praise from so many experienced members here.

And that "Steve guy", he seems to think it's pretty good! :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hearing you say this makes me even more intrigued and excited to potentially try it very soon.

I don't know yet for sure if it is actively on the cards but I expect so. I am really looking forward to it though after reading all the praise from so many experienced members here.

And that "Steve guy", he seems to think it's pretty good! :)
Do you leave the SSV on?
This thing kick’s my shiny metal ass!

YayVap

@Kimosabe how has the V2 worked out? I know it was ages ago but I'm curious. Every time I use my SSV I realize what an awesome piece it is, however I've got to believe the V2 is an improvement on the whole SSV experience beyond just adding a fan and lights. What say you? And I apologize I see you asked about the ridiculous Fuji i had. Yes it was bag only. It may have worked but I had absolutely no idea how to use a vaporizer then. I bought it after heavy influence by my dream girl working at the head shop. I read something about it having some dangerous crap inside it so I took it apart to check it out and it ended up not working. So of course I beat the crap out of it.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
Hi YapVap. SUP is awsome. The fan permits bag blowing, making this the first to do both I am aware of, since it came out before the S&B hybrid. Moreover, instead of huffing and puffing waiting for the convection to kick in, the machine does the work for you. This is agreat advantage, you simply hold the mouthpice in the light amd watch for vapor. The guys at Elev8Glass have been great to deal with. I had a small problem and they took care of it right away. Then, I had a dispensary FINALLY carry legal flower in crazy secure pods, but the SSV did not have a good configuration to use it, so I sent some drawings and photos and they whipped something up, then revised it - hardLY CHARGED ME A THING. In fact, I just ordered some bags today. I was looking at a wand, but $130 is beyibnd my reach for vanity.

I see they are very much into glass and I don't know what half of these things do! I know I can get HAF off the SUP at home and off the Aorvape in session when out but more often the MV-1 Ghost is now my preferred on-demand way better than HAZE PRO 2. Without the BS of temperature control and smartphone apps, three temps extract what seems to be in excess of 97% of the THC from bud and has a superior system - not cheap, but superior.

So anyway, although no one seems to know what is going on, the price of the MV-1 in any color including a dosing caddy and fast charger ($80 in accessories) is $175 for Black Friday Weekend, but if you use code RESPECTTHEFLOWER you can have all this fun for a mere $125.

Get ye to ghostvapse.com and upgrade your SSV to SUP cause you don'twant to suck no mo. They'll charge you a nominal amount, but it will be worth it. The difference is significant.

YayVap

Thanks for the low down @Kimosabe. I was aware of the functions but didn't know how well it worked or if it's even fun to use. It's funny you mention all the glass that came with the Sup, I'm sure all the pieces work perfectly as planned, but from where I'm at it looks comp!icated. Not in a way that a person can't figure out, but I mean it looks like it has a lot of parts to do the job. Fewer parts usually means simpler to use which is good for a person like me with a less than simple mind.
That price for a Ghost with the code is amazing. It's also good to hear from s o me one first-hand how well it works. I've been following the Ghost since it was released and sometimes I'm just not sure if it's awesome or total crap. I'm tired of my Mighty so maybe it's time to move on. It's been real. And it's been fun. It just ain't been real fun.

YayVap,
Reactions: ataxian

Alexis

So anybody, anytime, is the SUP basically the same vape, vapor quality, extraction, potency, hit size wise, just with the additional feature of the fan?

I haven't looked to get clearer on this yet but my initial assumption was that there was some different in the design with a different vape signature and and surely harder hitting effects?

It seemed to get very high praise right away on release so I assume some changes have been made and the vape does it harder than the SSV?

Im really looking forward to trying the Silver Surfer soon. I like the idea of the fan, except I hate wasting paper and I would be OCD about vapour being blown out in between hits etc.

Kimosabe

You must turn the fan off between bag hits. you push down knob to stop/start

no differnce in vapequality, per se, but the fan enables easy idiot-proof draws as well as bag blowing.
I neglected the Arizer ExtremeQ - does whip and bag also.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

no differnce in vapequality, per se, but the fan enables easy idiot-proof draws as well as bag blowing.
Bag’s I never have tried?
Then I didn’t try CANNABIS until 1970 before the green rush?
The SSV is awesome to me?
It uses more herb’s that most vaporizer’s however I love it!

Alexis

Thanks mate appreciate your answer. So is this the actual real case then?

The SUP gets mighty praise. I really assumed it had a different performance and vapour signature to the Silver Surfer.
Really high praise from members with experience of many top models.
Which makes me look even more forward to to receiving the SSV to try from one dearly loved top FC bro. What a dude. :nod::love:

Its been a while since I had any actual vaporizer or VAS excitement for contain and I forgot what it feels like lol.

Of course I will need to see if my stupid, wonky immune system will consider permitting me to make good use of the Surfer. If it's a no go, I will be pleased to return it to Canada.

No like "Right- I just bought the SSV. Cant use it. Gotta sell etc".

This way is so nice how excellent brother is doing me such a good term giving me the chance to test out a top tier vaporizer with really nothing to lose.

@ataxian good evening mate. Haha, you made it this far through life without trying bags.

And you certainly sound to have lived a very fruitful and fulfilling life and quite a mixed bag over the decades so I don't think you've really missed out too much blowing vapor bags. ;)

So you say it uses more herb. I can make sense of this compared to your Enano. I use my Woodscents a lot currently. One of the big reasons for this is that I can make my herb go so far without tearing through it at all.

If the elevator was my daily driver I would be rinsing through my bud.
And I know with your Evo you can be quite conservative va and really stretch your herb without needing to power through it to get sizeable hits and nicely medicated.

I did already think about how the SSV could see my going through my weed a bit faster. Especially if I like it and tolerate it well. So I'm just going to have to to work on using it the most efficient way possible.

Im hoping it might become my DD to make a nice change. Can't wait guys! :rockon:

blackstone

I remember years ago there was a SSV that was constantly turned on. This was to show the vapes longevity. Wonder if it is still working?

I remember that story, could only find a small part on the site but found this in an article from 2015 on the web:
Every morning, employees at the company's retail store, Higher Elevation Masterpiece Productions (1323 Paonia St., higherelevations.net), plug in to heat the very first Silver Surfer, making sure its heating element continues to work flawlessly, 11 years in.

And this cool bit from the same article:
The company is 7th Floor, and reviewers consider its flagship product — the Silver Surfer vaporizer — one of the best on the market.

Just ask Willie Nelson. 7th Floor founder and owner Steve Kelnhofer says Nelson has purchased 46 of them.

I suppose it's possible that first element blew, and another may survive longer, maybe 5 units would have been a good number to see which would last on average.
Also thought it was permanently switched on in there but you don't want accidents at night either!

I don't leave mine on always as it's my strong vape for longer relaxed sessions, but that could change if I get a microdose bowl made from Elev8, a dDave kit + std. Heater cover, or if I finally work something proper out myself with the spherical wand.
Should probably leave it switched on tonight to help with the cold weather!

So anybody, anytime, is the SUP basically the same vape, vapor quality, extraction, potency, hit size wise, just with the additional feature of the fan?

I haven't looked to get clearer on this yet but my initial assumption was that there was some different in the design with a different vape signature and and surely harder hitting effects?

It seemed to get very high praise right away on release so I assume some changes have been made and the vape does it harder than the SSV?

Im really looking forward to trying the Silver Surfer soon.

Maybe forced air through the whip on the Super helped to get some people better effects too. But the SSV is so powerful and free of draw restriction you will likely not need it!
You should get on well with one of these hopefully if you loved the Elev8R.
If you liked that one through water I'd advise trying the same here and put the whip on a pipe adapter.
I wanted to get the hang of dry whip first because it was my first drawspeed based convection vape,
But once I tried water I could hardly go back, although dry is always an option!
Keep the temperature below half of the full dial sweep at first with herb, to avoid scorching noob moments like my first time, oooh!

Replacing the whip often improves the taste and if you do have any of your particular problems I would suggest trying different whip materials before giving up! Or screens?
Or perhaps some whip material that your already known to tolerate? Im using food safe aquarium tubing now its a little stiff but good and I'd like to try the new Hybrid whips on my SSV next.
It can be harder to get the 7th floor stuff this side of the water.
Just thought it would be worth bearing in mind, esp. If your whip is dirty on the secondhand unit.

I also had an idea once that your problem may even be related to particle size.
It's a topic I had in mind for projects, and I saw OF talking about particle size lately maybe you could look it up and jump in to learn more or if it relates to you?
No obligation, just thinking!
Wish you luck with the SSV! It a beautiful monster!
Saw a plain textured black 2019 SSV on a website lately (LCV?) it looked so sick!

That's what I thought! And the Herbalaire units also took on an outboard pump for bags, and the Herbalizer I think
could do bag and whip. Possibly Zephyr Ion too? Or some weird Vapir or something!
So you would just need to compare the launch dates of each?!

Alexis

@blackstone thanks a lot for your thoughts and insight which I especially appreciate.

Thats really helpful. If I can't tolerate the SSV vapor, no variable tinkering will make any difference. My body will either accept the vapor or not, however it is delivered and directed.

Yes the concept of particle size has been suggested. Im open to any explanation, but I doubt will ever have one. Its all very abnormal.

And it is almost never related to the actualy materials. Silicon whips for example, no problem.

I react to all glass vapes like Evo and Glass Symphony, even tony wispy tokes and there is an intolerable reaction.

But the Elev8r, identical materials, I hit massively, totally filling my lungs with absolute busters. And no immune reaction. Just standard irritation.

So its unusual and doesn't make sense. Lots of other cases too where diff vapes, same materials, reactive to one not the other.

Thanks again @blackstone for your thoughts and siggestions I know you know your vapes really well.

I will definitely be hooking the SSV up to water. I vape almost exclusively that way.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I remember that story, could only find a small part on the site but found this in an article from 2015 on the web:

And this cool bit from the same article:

I suppose it's possible that first element blew, and another may survive longer, maybe 5 units would have been a good number to see which would last on average.
Also thought it was permanently switched on in there but you don't want accidents at night either!

I don't leave mine on always as it's my strong vape for longer relaxed sessions, but that could change if I get a microdose bowl made from Elev8, a dDave kit + std. Heater cover, or if I finally work something proper out myself with the spherical wand.
Should probably leave it switched on tonight to help with the cold weather!

Maybe forced air through the whip on the Super helped to get some people better effects too. But the SSV is so powerful and free of draw restriction you will likely not need it!
You should get on well with one of these hopefully if you loved the Elev8R.
If you liked that one through water I'd advise trying the same here and put the whip on a pipe adapter.
I wanted to get the hang of dry whip first because it was my first drawspeed based convection vape,
But once I tried water I could hardly go back, although dry is always an option!
Keep the temperature below half of the full dial sweep at first with herb, to avoid scorching noob moments like my first time, oooh!

Replacing the whip often improves the taste and if you do have any of your particular problems I would suggest trying different whip materials before giving up! Or screens?
Or perhaps some whip material that your already known to tolerate? Im using food safe aquarium tubing now its a little stiff but good and I'd like to try the new Hybrid whips on my SSV next.
It can be harder to get the 7th floor stuff this side of the water.
Just thought it would be worth bearing in mind, esp. If your whip is dirty on the secondhand unit.

I also had an idea once that your problem may even be related to particle size.
It's a topic I had in mind for projects, and I saw OF talking about particle size lately maybe you could look it up and jump in to learn more or if it relates to you?
No obligation, just thinking!
Wish you luck with the SSV! It a beautiful monster!
Saw a plain textured black 2019 SSV on a website lately (LCV?) it looked so sick!

That's what I thought! And the Herbalaire units also took on an outboard pump for bags, and the Herbalizer I think
could do bag and whip. Possibly Zephyr Ion too? Or some weird Vapir or something!
So you would just need to compare the launch dates of each?!
E=mc2

BlueHueCO

Hey everyone! Newer member here, but I've used many vapes including the SSV. Having got one on Craigslist for 45$, it has been a favorite. It got me into desktops, and now I have a FP Showerhead, Evo, and Herbalizer which are all beasts in their own right. What made them stick out was lack of stirring, but alas, I love my SSV. I even bought a new knob and custom heater cover for it. So I never stopped playing around with stuff until I found a way to keep it in rotation.

Otherwise, the evo was my DD, so I wanted a similar load size. The other two were more weekend heavy hitters in terms of consumption amount. After trying and trying to make the conical joint work the best, I've actually now come to enjoy the spherical. But instead of a normal wand, I use a 18mm Female wand, then I put one of elev8s 18mm male to 14mm female adapters in the wand. Elev8s adapter has a rounded edge which happens to fit nice in the spherical connection. Now there is a 14mm female hole with a spherical collar. Within that, I place an rbt rimless basket screen. Different elevations effect how it heats, I prefer having the basket just peaking out of the bottom of the adapter.

I run this through the whip to an Ion Matrix bubbler and can clear the basket in one long draw. I can load a tiny little fraction of a delta3d scoop, and still get one nice rip, or fill the basket and have a nice cough from vapor overload. With this method, I now jump back and forth between the evo and SSV. Not bad considering the SSV was 45$ and to mod it my way, with the adapter, wand, and heater cover, kept it under 100.

Also, any male stem from other vapes could be placed on a female to female adapter with some clips. Then use the elev8 adapter to make modular wands.
The adapter is at
https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/male-to-female-ground-glass-adapter/

Kimosabe

@blackstone thanks a lot for your thoughts and insight which I especially appreciate.

Thats really helpful. If I can't tolerate the SSV vapor, no variable tinkering will make any difference. My body will either accept the vapor or not, however it is delivered and directed.

Yes the concept of particle size has been suggested. Im open to any explanation, but I doubt will ever have one. Its all very abnormal.

And it is almost never related to the actualy materials. Silicon whips for example, no problem.

I react to all glass vapes like Evo and Glass Symphony, even tony wispy tokes and there is an intolerable reaction.

But the Elev8r, identical materials, I hit massively, totally filling my lungs with absolute busters. And no immune reaction. Just standard irritation.

So its unusual and doesn't make sense. Lots of other cases too where diff vapes, same materials, reactive to one not the other.

Thanks again @blackstone for your thoughts and siggestions I know you know your vapes really well.

I will definitely be hooking the SSV up to water. I vape almost exclusively that way.
SUP is easy on lungs, but so is MV1. Regarding your conclusions, It all makes some amount of sense if you accept the results of the Colorodo testing lab, combined with the histological studies previously discussed here on FC: The severe lung irritation expeienced by a VERY small precentage of vapers, in spite of all the correlation studies suggesting Vit.-E acetate or other "thickening" agents: This lab insists the problem for these few people was discovred many years ago in a rare disease known as heavy metal pneumonitis, particularly Cadmium pneumonitis. In the US, doping silver solder with Cadmium is known to be harmful and is illegal. Not so in China. Not so in other parts pf the world. If the electric fired coils are solered with this industrial ingredient, some people WILL HAVE A REACTION like Vaping Associated Respiratory Syndrome. What is most telling for me is the ABSENCE of macrophage 'foam cells' in any of the E-Acetate victims. One would expect lipid-laden macophages cleaning the alveoli - but not so here. This is why the conclusions of the CDC are suspect, IMHO.

Kimosabe,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
SUP is easy on lungs, but so is MV1. Regarding your conclusions, It all makes some amount of sense if you accept the results of the Colorodo testing lab, combined with the histological studies previously discussed here on FC: The severe lung irritation expeienced by a VERY small precentage of vapers, in spite of all the correlation studies suggesting Vit.-E acetate or other "thickening" agents: This lab insists the problem for these few people was discovred many years ago in a rare disease known as heavy metal pneumonitis, particularly Cadmium pneumonitis. In the US, doping silver solder with Cadmium is known to be harmful and is illegal. Not so in China. Not so in other parts pf the world. If the electric fired coils are solered with this industrial ingredient, some people WILL HAVE A REACTION like Vaping Associated Respiratory Syndrome. What is most telling for me is the ABSENCE of macrophage 'foam cells' in any of the E-Acetate victims. One would expect lipid-laden macophages cleaning the alveoli - but not so here. This is why the conclusions of the CDC are suspect, IMHO.
I grew in the 70’s outdoor’s with nature.
We had no $ but no seed’s due to pulling the male’s!
Mainland stoner’s said SURFER’S had too high of standard’s?
Sugar Leaf on the ground to keep the mud off our feet during harvest!
SSV was not available?

blackstone

956de753088f9f2a49050738df003452.jpg

Snoop and Willie Posing With The Silver Surfer Vaporizer!

I use a 18mm Female wand, then I put one of elev8s 18mm male to 14mm female adapters in the wand. Elev8s adapter has a rounded edge which happens to fit nice in the spherical connection. Now there is a 14mm female hole with a spherical collar. Within that, I place an rbt rimless basket screen. Different elevations effect how it heats, I prefer having the basket just peaking out of the bottom of the adapter.

I run this through the whip to an Ion Matrix bubbler and can clear the basket in one long draw. I can load a tiny little fraction of a delta3d scoop, and still get one nice rip, or fill the basket and have a nice cough from vapor overload. With this method, I now jump back and forth between the evo and SSV. Not bad considering the SSV was 45$ and to mod it my way, with the adapter, wand, and heater cover, kept it under 100.

Also, any male stem from other vapes could be placed on a female to female adapter with some clips. Then use the elev8 adapter to make modular wands.
The adapter is at
https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/male-to-female-ground-glass-adapter/

Genius! Thanks for sharing that.
I came up with two things with what I have here last night, maybe i'll do some testing and pics this weekend but I could get the bits to try your way sometime.

I left my SSV up full last night it helped with the colder weather and humidity!

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I will join with the many people here in saying I love my SSV! I got it for $100 used off entexchange, I'm guessing it is a pretty old model as it came to me with the old style heater stand but man does it still work great especially with the ddave kit. My VAS led me to pick up a flowerpot but I'm still going to set aside a place for my surfer.

I find It kind of funny that one of the hot vapes during this Black Friday was the Ditanium which seems to me to be a upgraded SSV, and I really do mean that as a complement without knocking the Ditanium. It just shows me how solid of a vaping platform 7th Floor/Elev8 built!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
956de753088f9f2a49050738df003452.jpg

Snoop and Willie Posing With The Silver Surfer Vaporizer!

Genius! Thanks for sharing that.
I came up with two things with what I have here last night, maybe i'll do some testing and pics this weekend but I could get the bits to try your way sometime.

I left my SSV up full last night it helped with the colder weather and humidity!
Willie NELSON is a decent example: he just does edibles?
SSV is perfect 4 VAPING

Top Bottom