muttnik

salut!
I had an Idea about a custom wand, I asked SSV, so I give you the mail:

"....I already collect some honey in my wand and that's a great thing to be able of that. but some particles are going to the mouthpiece and after that in my throat.
I don't want to use a walter filter for that problem, so i puted one screen on the mouthpiece in the whip, it works.
But I thought if I had a second screen on the exit of the wand it would be perfect, to help to catch particles and to improve my honey collect...
So, Is it possible to make a custom wand like that:
- standard connection
- completely clear like usual standard wands
- same bowl on the top with same recess to catch the screen
- on the bottom : a simple edge inside the wand at 10mm from the hole. just to put another screen wich will be kept in place by the whip.
with this system I'll only have to take off the whip to cath the bottom screen, and after that I could use the usual way to take off the bowl screen..."

I sent an image in my mail, but I don't know how to put it in this post... sorry (if you explain me...)

So, what do you think about that, I think this is a good idea (of course that's mine...) I think I can improve my collect with this thing...

A bientot.
Muttnik.

PS: pseudonymous:
wtf with their explanation ??? Can't believe that

muttnik,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Ok I'm sure that other people may do this but anyway my bud's discovery. I had my friend over to wacth trueblood hung and entourage and we put down a nicely packed wand after turning it up a notch and getting the last few hits my bud takes out the abv grinds it up to almost a powder then threw it back in and damn this thing is still hitting like a beast. If you try this the only thing I can recommend is to use some sort of filtration as there does seem to be small plant matter particle getting through the screen.
Later,
Tom

pyronym,

NoSmoke

img.php

Hey guys check out the new Fatty wands on the SSV site, they hold 5x the material for larger hits yay!!!!

NoSmoke,

max

Out to lunch
Nice option. Overkill for me though. It would come in handy for group sessions.

max,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
psssst..its called the pd ;) :lol:

but anyhoo I like the looks of this new wand..I wonder how it would work with the DIY hakko vape :brow:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
I'll pick one of those up sometime I think.

I have a little block of hash now though. Anyone have any recommendations of technique as it differs from regular bud? How about the temperature?

Pseudonymous,

max

Out to lunch
put on full blast and you'll get nice hits
Full blast on the SSV, temp wise, is combustion territory. I'd be a little more conservative and move the temp up gradually. I'd agree the best way to vape hash would be shaving it and putting on top of some herb or cotton to avoid getting your screen gunky. It's so dense that with chunks, you'll have a hard time getting the heat to penetrate.

max,

NoSmoke

Just bought my second Silver Surfer (sold the first). Got her for 130 on craigslist silver with purple bottom! I had missed the Silver Surfer for those big hits with medium sized loads.

NoSmoke,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
The hash I was using before was not very good hash. But, let me tell you about my last two experiences.

Temple balls.

0.25 is enough to keep constant monster hits going approx. an hour. Seriously. Between two people, we were wrecked.

Pseudonymous,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Ok, I'm gonna try out a SSV, but not sure whether to go with the gg or standard whip. I have read that some of you are of the opioion that the gg is going to wear. Whats peoples thoughts on the differnence in hits between the two? Is the standard whip better as you can rotate it, does the gg burn the load because its stationary? Any imput?

highendvapes,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Ive been using the ground glass for over a year now with my original unit and there's no difference this is a daily use vape that's packed up after every use(paranoid friend owns it now). With the standard whip you need to be constantly turning the wand and stirring, the gg has a wider opening on the wand so I can get those super thick hit's with less effort. I have friends that have the standard and they have the hands free attachment and they are constantly combusting because they don't rotate or stir. I stir twice per wand once after the vapor starts to thin and once after I crush it to get those last little bits of couch locking goodness.
Also please don't listen to what people say about ground glass loosening with age. It's not some new technology discovered by stoners. It's been around for years and I doubt the scientific community would adopt a standard if it wasn't durable enough to last for experiments and stuff. and I just got back in the office from my car where I just did 4 stems for my mid afternoon snack and I really don't know anything about the scientific community so maybe you shouldn't listen to me either.

pyronym,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
highendvapes said:
Whats peoples thoughts on the differnence in hits between the two? Is the standard whip better as you can rotate it, does the gg burn the load because its stationary? Any imput?
I got both covers. GG is good for groups , standard I prefer for personal use. With GG i feel the need to finish the bowl right away since i don't like leave it in for extended periods of time. Not out of fear of breakage but more from having a bit of conduction happening from heat transferring from the cover to the wand and wasting a bit of vapor . The standard is easier to pick up and go. One hit , clear the bong/tube and deposit until needed again. Yes the standard is slightly more involved ritually speaking but not overly so. They both have their charms. One isn't better then the other, it mostly comes down to the style you prefer.

To answer your question no it won't burn the load because its stationary. The only time I've seen combustion in the SSV is when 2 people hit it differently in succession. e.g. If I have the temp a bit higher because i like to draw fast and my friend then hits it super slowly at the same temp setting then yeah there's a chance the bowl might combust. But that not the vape's fault. I just set it lower then I normally would around newbies and voila , problem solved.

Skunkypete,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
I couldnt help myself, I got one of each. ;) Figure if I look at in person, I'll be more likely to decide between the two and then sell the other.

I thought that I was headed in the right direction with just getting and extreme and not having some huge vape collection. :lol: Thanks to finding this forum, I've added a PD, 2 iolites { 1 mouthpiece still hanging in there}, and now at least one SS, if not two as I have one in black and one in silver coming.
I really need to quit reading these posts. :lol:

highendvapes,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
what color schemes did you pick for each and which glass did you go with?

pyronym,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
I ordered a black on black standard, and silver and black gg. I didnt even worry about the glass as I have a friend that blows. Glass that is. He should be up this way in the fall and I'm sure he'll make me something cool. I just want to get them!!!!! Astetics mean nothing too me, { well maybe a little} I'm much more into performance.

highendvapes,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
If you aren't worried about aesthetics then I would try to swap out that silver ssv for a silver dbv you'll save a $100 and still get the gg.

pyronym,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
ok so i lied, looks do mean something cause I DONT like the looks of the dbv. And really the silver on black is too match my Extrme. So i guess they do count for something, just really wasnt worried about color schemes. I'm vaping not remodeling. :lol:

highendvapes,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
highendvapes said:
I ordered a black on black standard, and silver and black gg. I didnt even worry about the glass as I have a friend that blows. Glass that is. He should be up this way in the fall and I'm sure he'll make me something cool. I just want to get them!!!!! Astetics mean nothing too me, { well maybe a little} I'm much more into performance.
Uh... you know you can just swap out the covers right?

Skunkypete,

Zoolader

So this weekend was my friends birthday, and I brought over my ssv. His wiener dog got all excited when some new guests came over and started running around the table I was vaping on. It all happened so fast I didn't even see it, I just heard a crash. The dog wiener ran into the cord and pulled my ssv off the table.:| I saw it on the floor all intact :) .... but my GC heater cover lip broke. I did multiple start up tests to make sure it still works. I'm amazed and very happy that this baby is working fine, all I gotta do is replace the heater cover.

Zoolader,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
For the hell of it, pictures of my SSV:

knob.jpg

knob2.jpg

knob3.jpg

ssv.jpg

ssv2.jpg

ssv3.jpg

wand.jpg

As you may be able to tell, I didn't know how to use it that well on the first night, but I've improved since!

Pseudonymous,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
Nice setup you have there. Do you find the bong is worth it though? From my experience so far, the vapour seems adequately cool and "not dry" for the bong to seem like "overkill" of sorts, but I've never used one and am really curious.

Pseudonymous,
Top Bottom