Shaving and hi-fi

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Also make sure your speakers are in phase - match the plus from speaker to preamp or receiver and minus respectfully.
Once my old Rectilnears sounded out of phase - you can tell by putting on a mono album and if you hear what sounds like stereo something is wrong - and this guy "Mommyvision" came over with his spectrum analyzer and couldn't get to the bottom of it, but "Eggs" figured it out, following the speaker wires and then he properly matched things up.

jeffp,

lwien

brandonflav said:
That 6 million dollar set-up is crazy!

Plus, Ratatouille is the shit!
lol.

So is that Nautilus model sitting on his coffee table. For some odd reason, I really like that. Must have seen the original movie more than 10 times, and I never see a movie more than once. :)

Can you imagine that guys electric bill after watching one movie? :o. Just the air conditioning needed to cool the room from all the heat that all those McIntosh tube amps are generating. lol.

lwien,

Purple-Days

OK this couldn't concern this Nutilus guy at all, but... freaking... all those tube must be replaced at some point. And I bet he will pay bench time to have it done pro... whew ! ! ! :2c:

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
OK this couldn't concern this Nutilus guy at all, but... freaking... all those tube must be replaced at some point. And I bet he will pay bench time to have it done pro... whew ! ! ! :2c:
Yeah, and those tubes have to be biased on a constant basis to keep things in tip top shape. But hey, considering that he had the dough for the system in the first place, what the hell. It's kinda like being concerned about the high price of gas that you have to put into your Bugatti. :brow:

lwien,

Purple-Days

Yeah, but you know what, having the adjustment man out all the time can't be that fun. This is like 16 amps or so times 4 power tubes per channel and maybe 3-4 pre-amp tubes each channel too.

Hmm... like a 128 cylinder engine with quad fuel injectors. Impressive on paper, or even as a piece of art, but on the track...? Maybe a bit of glitz... ? Way too heavy for the room if you see what I mean. :cool:

Man, I just thought about the heat, the air exchange, to keep humans and tubes comfortable in that room must be like a kite flying day. :2c:

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
Y
Man, I just thought about the heat, the air exchange, to keep humans and tubes comfortable in that room must be like a kite flying day. :2c:
Yeah, that's what I said back in post #54. All those amps produce a ton of heat.

The guy that owns this was an engineer/producer for Chesky Records and then owned his own classical music label, Epiphany Recordings Limited.

On a side note, he uses two mammoth General Electric 13,800-volt/800-amp step-down transformers that are located in his garage to supply power to his system. lol

He has 16 18" subs. :o:o:o That can move enough air to make the liquid in your inner ear boil.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
also those tube components are perfect for drying out your bud; albeit a little pricey.

jeffp,

chucku

Charles Urbane
I have used an electric exclusively since I started shaving. Initially using Norelco products and for the past 15-20 years using Braun shavers. Last year as a Christmas present for myself, I bought a Braun pulsonic series 7 shaver (model 760 cc). It was expensive (about $250.00) but worth it. The closest shave I have ever had and comfort unlike anything I thought possible. Absolutely no pulling whatsoever. In use it feels like my face is gently rubbed and closeness is as smooth as a baby's ass. The absolute best shave possible short of a straight razor in the hands of a professional barber. Remember if changing from blades it takes 1-2 weeks for your face to adjust to an electric.

chucku,

Ben

chucku said:
(...) Remember if changing from blades it takes 1-2 weeks for your face to adjust to an electric.
I've already heard that, and tested on my face too (I shave manually)

...and, on a technical point of view, after 30 years of shaving, I'm still asking myself :" why" ? :rolleyes::lol:

Ben,

GreenLeaf

I seriously hate to shave my face and I feel totally naked, boyish, and odd when I do not have any facial hair at all. Even when it's very short like with a #1-3 blade I feel this way.

If I could have a very long untrimmed beard/yeard longer than the guys in ZZ Top have I gladly would.

When I shave my face frequently I get a rash and I have men and women tell me I look very handsome without facial hair but I don't think that I look handsome without it. I remember once in college I did decide to shave my entire face and I had a bad rash for a few days and I was very embarrassed about it.

I personally would not date a man who did not at least have some facial hair and as for getting involved with both MF/MM couples I also doubt I would unless the man/men had some sort of facial hair.

When I want sideburns to go with my goat I use a clear shaving gel to get them even and I use some heavy beard razors by shick since otherwise I'd have to shave 2X a day.

I shave before the shower as that way I can get the shaving cream/gel off of my face while in the shower.

I've also shaved dry and that can work too. I tried using electric razors when I was a teenager but my facial hair is very thick and grows fast.

GreenLeaf,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ben said:
chucku said:
(...) Remember if changing from blades it takes 1-2 weeks for your face to adjust to an electric.
I've already heard that, and tested on my face too (I shave manually)

...and, on a technical point of view, after 30 years of shaving, I'm still asking myself :" why" ? :rolleyes::lol:
I shave in the shower; I used to have one of those shower mirrors but inevitably those things begin to cloud up and I find it not very necessary. you can pretty much do it by rote and feel your way through what needs to be done. a little off topic, but i also brush my teeth in the shower in the morning; through the day I brush my teeth in the sink unless I opt for an evening shower.

jeffp,
Top Bottom