Sharing Vapor

mlfbfan

On my mflb even with a short draw I'll blow a big cloud of vape and it feels wasteful. I've tried rebreathing and its better but I get a bit light headed.

However if I'm vaping with a girl can we share second hand vapor? So I'll take a hit, breathe into her, she exahales, she takes a hit, breathes into me, repeat as desired? Thinking this would solve the issues of wasted clouds because of limited absorption and make a trench go further?

Last edited:
mlfbfan,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
yes, yes, and yes. well, it won't solve the issue but it will mitigate the problem of wasted vapor.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: Tamataz

weedemon

enthusiast
On my mflb even with a short draw I'll blow a big cloud of vape and it feels wasteful. I've tried rebreathing and its better but I get a bit light headed.

However if I'm vaping with a girl can we share second hand vapor? So I'll take a hit, breathe into her, she exahales, she takes a hit, breathes into me, repeat as desired? Thinking this would solve the issues of wasted clouds because of limited absorption and make a trench go further?

I would do the same with an ex gf, except she only ever took 2nd first hand hits from me. Not the other way around, it was awesome cause she got high for free!

incidentally when I was hurting for herbs I would take a hit, exhale into a old volcano bag, and I would get a little more outta my herb that way too.

btw using the mflb is a great way to cut down on your herb consumption. if you see vapour come out when you breathe out then it was "too much" but hey I love big clouds. im a cloud chaser myself. :p

Dj Bass

Hivemind. This is my go-to strategy for my LSV. I use to use whippit balloons to exhale my giant LSV/Bong clouds into, make a big fat balloon (about 10 good rips in front of the computer) then take it to the couch and enjoy re-cycling the vapor slowly over the first 10-15 minutes of the movie, then promptly pass out and watch it again in the morning. Now I have more shit to do, so my Girlfriend and I just use it as a method to be efficient while being fast about getting medicated and getting out the door. Another pro on the list is this process eliminates the phenomena of "I didn't get a hit./How do I work this derned thing?" Half the time when I make a full balloon for someone (especially if there is any concentrate in the mix) if they aren't a heavy smoker they end up handing it off to my girlfriend (who's a real pro and can always go for another toke.) I have tried using volcano bags, but the valves are weird to breath into IMO, and I preferred to just use the balloons, as they were no bulky, and felt fine in my hand.

Tamataz

Icelander
Wow, really? :puke:
Really man? I bet your real fun in bed.

Yes it helps not waste vapor, but i think the 3rd hand smoke she gives back to you is a little too much. I bet theres very little thc left behind at that point. If it was me, she'd be the end of line for vapor as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I was thinking that same thing.. I have alcohol wipes i use to wipe my mouthpiece EVERYTIME someone else uses it.. But that's just me.
I don't know ... a lot more things than a little bit of air are exchanged generally speaking between a couple ... if breathing someone else's vapor bothers you ...

JCat,
Reactions: Tamataz

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I don't know ... a lot more things than a little bit of air are exchanged generally speaking between a couple ... if breathing someone else's vapor bothers you ...
I cant say I've never done it, and i work in a nursing home, so im always getting slapped in tha face with germs, my girlfriend doesn't vape so i dont share with her, but i do think sharing vapor is going a little far.. I just take small hits and exhale nothing. I wouldn't inhale someone else's exhale, but remember, im that kid with alcohol wipes after someone uses my vape.. Just how i am, though ill let my dog lick my face and then hit tha vape with no problem. Im weird i suppose

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I always heard it wasn't very healthy to inhale carbon dioxide which is what you do when you inhale other people's exhale... but i don't know the actual risk of doing that.

You get light headed because you problably fill your lungs too much and hold it in too long. Try taking smaller hits, then inhale some plain oxigen and hold. Then exhale *slowly* for 2-3 seconds or until you see vapor coming out, when you do, inhale again.
Do that until no more vapour comes out... for me it's usually after two rebreathings.

darkrom

Great Scott!
You have to think instead of inhaling air mixed with vapor, you are inhaling carbon dioxide mixed with vapor. Its not "eww cooties" gross, its just not the way the human body was made to function. I'd imagine its far more unhealthy. The MFLB uses next to nothing for herb as it is. I get wanting to stretch bud, and totally appreciate it, but IMO this is not the way to do it.

I don't think its the end of the world, but its nothing I'd do at all, and nothing I'd advise you to make a habit of. There are other ways to maximize your frugalness with herb. Consider eating your ABV after vaping for a slight boost if you have a low tolerance. If your tolerance is high, perhaps it is time to consider trying other vapes, but from what I'm reading I get the impression you have a lowish tolerance and just want to save some more cash.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Breathing someone's exhalation isn't unhealthy or dangerous because of carbon dioxide. In normal indoor air, CO2 is around 600 parts per million, or .06%. At 1% (that's about 16 times as concentrated) prolonged exposure will make some people feel a bit drowsy. At 5%, or 80 times normal room concentration, most people will start to feel dizzy or get a headache after a few minutes of exposure. The treatment? Breathe regular air, unless you've been exposed a really long time or to a much higher concentration. Not to mention that you most likely are breathing normal air between hits, which would more than compensate for any effects of the miniscule increase in CO2 from breathing someone's exhalation. The increase in concentration of CO2 is insignificant in health terms.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
like i said, im just weird i guess. My dog has also never hooked up with a stranger unlike my friends, so there's +1 for my dog.

Also, please dont share vapor with your pets, if you do, you deserve to get roofied.
My cat, bless her heart, likes the smell of weed. My friend's cat is a freaking moocher! She'll follow the weed around and sit on your lap and stare at you. ONLY when the weed's out.

Anyways since almost all of my vaping is done by myself (since it's almost always for medical reasons) I don't have anyone to shotgun to. My pitty doesn't mind the smell but doesn't actively go to me for vapor, so it goes into the air. I did try rebreathing through a bag a few times but never cared enough to keep doing it. :shrug:

mlfbfan

Firstly I'm surprised people were so shocked/grossed out! As people mentioned if you're kissing anyway and exchanging other stuff I don't see the issue. I'd actually prefer it to breathing in and out of a bag 1) because I try to limit my exposure to plastic as much as possible (food and drink containers, avoided knock off MFLB because of plastic construction) and 2) it makes me feel a bit gross even when its my own breathe coating the inside of a bag and it goes all slimey.

yes, yes, and yes. well, it won't solve the issue but it will mitigate the problem of wasted vapor.

Thanks man

I would do the same with an ex gf, except she only ever took 2nd first hand hits from me. Not the other way around, it was awesome cause she got high for free!

incidentally when I was hurting for herbs I would take a hit, exhale into a old volcano bag, and I would get a little more outta my herb that way too.

btw using the mflb is a great way to cut down on your herb consumption. if you see vapour come out when you breathe out then it was "too much" but hey I love big clouds. im a cloud chaser myself. :p

That was exactly my thinking, helps when they have a lower tolerance too and so you can both get high at the same time

Personally, I just hold it in:uhoh:

Already hold for no longer than 10 seconds, seemed the general consensus is after this your lungs can't do any more absorption without getting refreshed with o2.

Really man? I bet your real fun in bed.

Yes it helps not waste vapor, but i think the 3rd hand smoke she gives back to you is a little too much. I bet theres very little thc left behind at that point. If it was me, she'd be the end of line for vapor as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry I wrote it a bit complicated, it literally would be 2nd hand and that's it, no back and forth.

I always heard it wasn't very healthy to inhale carbon dioxide which is what you do when you inhale other people's exhale... but i don't know the actual risk of doing that.

You get light headed because you problably fill your lungs too much and hold it in too long. Try taking smaller hits, then inhale some plain oxigen and hold. Then exhale *slowly* for 2-3 seconds or until you see vapor coming out, when you do, inhale again.
Do that until no more vapour comes out... for me it's usually after two rebreathings.

That is how I do at the moment, battery in for 2 seconds, start to draw while holding the battery for 2-3 seconds then I let it out (only 5 seconds total) and continue to draw for 10 seconds/until lungs 80% full then suck some air at the end. This is for the first 10 trenches then I might hold battery in for 8-10 seconds total. Still get vapor on the 3rd exhale and if I blow everything out there is still a decent sized cloud. Maybe I'm just too high and its too cold in my room...

mlfbfan,

C No Ego

I wear a white dust mask during work sometimes and it is the same thing, I'm breathing in my own exhaust though not someone elses but taking in plenty of carbon dioxide. I can tell that it affects me because after a while I take off the mask and feel much better with fresh air. I would not hesitate to share vapor with a loved one if the opportunity arose.

C No Ego,

mlfbfan

You have to think instead of inhaling air mixed with vapor, you are inhaling carbon dioxide mixed with vapor. Its not "eww cooties" gross, its just not the way the human body was made to function. I'd imagine its far more unhealthy. The MFLB uses next to nothing for herb as it is. I get wanting to stretch bud, and totally appreciate it, but IMO this is not the way to do it.

I don't think its the end of the world, but its nothing I'd do at all, and nothing I'd advise you to make a habit of. There are other ways to maximize your frugalness with herb. Consider eating your ABV after vaping for a slight boost if you have a low tolerance. If your tolerance is high, perhaps it is time to consider trying other vapes, but from what I'm reading I get the impression you have a lowish tolerance and just want to save some more cash.

Didn't think that was a problem as the guy below posted, you can breath into a paper bag for ages and not pass out because we still breath out a lot of oxygen we breath in (I wonder if its the same lung inefficiency that means we can't absorb all the THC?). Unlike dolphins, whales and turtles which can run off a single breath for 30 minutes.
Man imagine if they took a huge hit in one breath and could absorb it all over 30 minutes, that would be some baked sealife.

Its not the end of the world but just a chilled out high thought, feel like my clouds are floating away some goodness. Not even so much the cash since I'm using 0.05-0.1g only 3-4 times a week, hardly anything to be saved. Keeping my ABV though got a nice load stashed away, tolerance is nice and low you're right.

:o a mflb would fit nicely in a white dust mask.

Last edited by a moderator:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
My buddy's GORGEOUS husky LOVES bud. But i still won't blow a hit at him, rather not make him sick. My English Springer likes it as well, but i rather not make him sick, i love him waaaay too much, even if he did chew my da vinci charger.. If my girl wanted to try some vapor, i wouldn't have a problem shotgunning her some.but i rather her just take a nice long draw off of my dbv so she can actually get the full experience.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
My buddy's GORGEOUS husky LOVES bud. But i still won't blow a hit at him, rather not make him sick. My English Springer likes it as well, but i rather not make him sick, i love him waaaay too much, even if he did chew my da vinci charger.. If my girl wanted to try some vapor, i wouldn't have a problem shotgunning her some.but i rather her just take a nice long draw off of my dbv so she can actually get the full experience.
In talking with some vets I found out that there's a somewhat "underground" idea that very small amounts of cannabis can be beneficial for dogs that don't have appetite. They're mammals with CB1 and CB2 receptors after all (all mammals have the CB receptors) but the dosing is quite different and obviously there's something of an "ethical" line there with it... but I don't think it would harm them if they enjoy it. I'm not advocating getting animals stoned... but some really do enjoy it with no apparent side effects except for munchies and relaxing.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I've seen it go well with dogs, and I've seen them get sick. Both from smoke not vapor***

And i just won't get them high because they can't make their own educated decisions on what they're actually doing. So why make that choice for them?

Last edited:
KidFated.,
Reactions: darkrom
Top Bottom