SAML Glass

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
However, the downstem is lodged into the chamber and won't come out. I've tried hot water to loosen it but no luck. The downstem is supposed to be removable, correct?
Yes, it's removable... or should be anyway... try jamming your pinky in there a bit if you can under warm soapy water and try to rock and twist a bit and apply pressure to the very tip of your finger while pushing up with your thumb at the connection and pull up... this usually eventually works for me... hope I'm describing it well enough.... good luck!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just received this one: https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-34-5cm-height-glass-bong-with-matrix/255741536.html

Super fast shipping (less than 10 days!) The function is excellent as well.

However, the downstem is lodged into the chamber and won't come out. I've tried hot water to loosen it but no luck. The downstem is supposed to be removable, correct?

Yeah better to try popping it in the freezer actually, instead of water, better if it is dry though, I would try to grip the joint from the top with my fingers to help jiggle it out

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
At
Yeah better to try popping it in the freezer actually, instead of water, better if it is dry though, I would try to grip the joint from the top with my fingers to help jiggle it out
Can confirm! I just had a shorty 18->14mm adapter get stuck on this new AliExpress standing Swiss perc ash catcher I just got... I tried for a bit my way... didn't work quickly and easily so I chucked it in the freezer for a few minutes, got a dif ash catcher, did another dab, forgot about the one in the freezer (of course) then grabbed it all frozen and it obviously wouldn't budge at first but as it warmed up as I tugged it just kinda suddenly unlocked and eased apart...!! MUCH appreciated! :tup::bowdown::clap::rockon::freak::haw::mental:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
They look nice....!

Please allow me..:

"3-hole":
9bd44e9b-2984-493d-9319-223a5a0fd4d5.jpg

"Slites":
a9621b69-e234-4ac7-8d0a-2f0316e70c72.jpg

Original "Diffusion":
d4c0c2c6-cbe6-4b16-81d8-10be7e7cf832.jpg

SAML GLASS 35cm Height Glass Bong Diffusion Smoking Water Pipe Added Tall With Ash Catcher Dab Rig Vapor Joint size 18.8mm PG3057(Improved FC-MOD)

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Bob876

I just received this one: https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-34-5cm-height-glass-bong-with-matrix/255741536.html

Super fast shipping (less than 10 days!) The function is excellent as well.

I had this same problem with the downstem being stuck. Eventually got it out usually a wooden spatula type thing and prying it apart BUT also managed the chip a small piece of the glass so be careful.

Bob876,

Shit Snacks

Nice one @Bologna

The jank maria makes this look like a waste of sand

I'm trying to determine exactly what a maria is, do you mean the mouthpiece? I told them I don't like flared, although I don't think this wide flat one is ideal either, but I'm discussing this piece more in the main cheap glass thread as I had them make it

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I'm trying to determine exactly what a maria is, do you mean the mouthpiece? I told them I don't like flared, although I don't think this wide flat one is ideal either, but I'm discussing this piece more in the main cheap glass thread as I had them make it
It's that knurl where they weld the tube/mp to the can... done right, it helps traps water etc a little maybe and can be a nice "accent"...?

Edit: Or here where the gg attachment is welded to the banger tube...:
DSC00123.JPG

:peace:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Oh it is super minor, I think the one in the original I have is also super minor so that's what they were emulating... I wouldn't want water to get trapped in there so if it was bigger and wider like others that would be a negative in my mind... Never seen someone complain about that element here before so seemed like a strange reason to denounce an entire glass piece as worthless? lol

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Thanks for the pics @Bologna , I could not see them as I have no reddit account...looks pretty good apart from the thin, flat mouthpiece.:2c:
My fav type of mouthpiece (today:)) is the bulbous type like found on the TAG inverted showerhead,
f627587c-f488-4555-a995-c639d5cf3c32.jpg

MoltenTiger

The glass maria(h) push on the mouthpiece just looked sad to me. I don't think it's as bad upon a second glimpse, but between it and the uneven percolator holes... I was just expressing my disappointment. I got hyped and purchased a Stephenlmz79 Torus nearly a decade ago, and this to me is not impressive after all of that history and the sheer insane amount of wasted boro pumping is silly without banging designs.

coolbreeze

Oh it is super minor, I think the one in the original I have is also super minor so that's what they were emulating... I wouldn't want water to get trapped in there so if it was bigger and wider like others that would be a negative in my mind... Never seen someone complain about that element here before so seemed like a strange reason to denounce an entire glass piece as worthless? lol
My understanding is that they function by creating a place in the tube where widening of the tube breaks the tension on the water rising into the tube, allowing it to 'break up' and bubble & fall, rather than rise in a 'plug' up the tube to your mouth. Bottom line, if it works it works even if the aesthetics can be argued.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
My understanding is that they function by creating a place in the tube where widening of the tube breaks the tension on the water rising into the tube, allowing it to 'break up' and bubble & fall, rather than rise in a 'plug' up the tube to your mouth. Bottom line, if it works it works even if the aesthetics can be argued.
The one on the mp/tube just above the can on my THG Contoured Baby Recycler does just that and functions perfectly and really doesn't look at all like the one in question above...:rolleyes:

I do not prefer a maria on my banger tho... they just seem get in the way and trap concentrate/reclaim and kinda suck to have to bend a q-tip or whatever to deal with...:brow::science::peace:

Last edited:
Top Bottom