Saionara Atomizer thread

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja

Awesome links, @tennisguru1 .
I encourage everyone to check those out, and to see the quality u are getting.
Learning is cool !
I especially like https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/saionara-coils-material-test !

My 2 cents on this quartz/ti thing has already been stated, but, people tend to ignore old posts.

Will explain.

I actually prefer the Ti bucket, after using the quartz primarily for a few weeks.

Less mess, as the oil does not creep upwards, away from the heat, as it does (I forget the name for this action).

Less mess in the splash guard, and that very necessary metal tube.

Also, with the Ti bucket, you get a better heater disc. Did you know they are interchangeable ? I recommend you put that quartz cup on the Ti donut heater, rather than the flat disc that comes with the quartz.

Also, easier to clean, larger surface area, quicker heat-up. I'm a lover of all things quartz, but, in this case, the Ti wins.

@tennisguru1 is a real pro with real good contacts. Sometimes hard to understand, just try, it's the best advice regarding the Sai TAF.

Remember, that metal tube has to be clear, or you will get 1/2-assed hits that will not satisfy.

I soak it in isopropyl alcohol, 99%. The sellers say to not wash with water afterwards, but to let dry on its own, assisted with paper towel. Remember though, do not soak the drip trip (mouthpiece) as it has an O-ring that can be damaged by ISO.

The heater stays 100% free of oil when using the Ti bucket for over 2 months, whereas , with the quartz cup, after 2 weeks I had gotten oil on the heater disc. This is because oil will crawl away from the heat on quartz, and soak its way between the cup and heater.

The heater that came with the quartz cup, the solid one, lasted about 2 weeks. The Ti bucket and heater, looking pristine, has lasted almost 2 months. Yeah. I've heard people say around 8 months per heater, which is great deal. Makes the price of these coils suddenly well worth it.

Keep those comments coming ! Also, try looking BACK to older posts to answer your various questions, most have been answered already !

CalyxSmokr

Well, I went with the Sai TAF with both quartz and titanium buckets. On the the way from puffitup. I got extra ceramic coils - those are the ones to use under the buckets, yes?
No experience programming mods but all I need is the reddit link for live resin that was posted to get my Pico working in TC?

CalyxSmokr,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Well, I went with the Sai TAF with both quartz and titanium buckets. On the the way from puffitup. I got extra ceramic coils - those are the ones to use under the buckets, yes?
No experience programming mods but all I need is the reddit link for live resin that was posted to get my Pico working in TC?

Yeah, you'll want to remove the quartz cup from heater (disc/donut) and install it onto the Ti donut.

Not sure which 'cermaic coils' you got, the ceramic heater comes with the bucket coil. Not separate.

The link for getting good firmware onto your Pico is right here. Arctic Fox. Installs on either PC or Mac.

I'd recommend a 510 heat sink such as this one, for your Pico mod. I over-heated mine from using the Sai TAF incorrectly , and ruined the mod (Pico). Even used correctly, it'll get pretty warm, and you want to protect your lil' mod, especially the battery, from getting too hot.

For battery, use IMR/INR chemistry 18650 with a minimum of 20A max amperage output.

I liked my little Pico, but enjoy my Espion much more, for roughly the same price.

Good luck ! It's easy to flash the new firmware, and the Reddit people are a great help.

Enjoy !

EDIT: p.s. the pico does have TCR , for now, you can use TCR #315, at 38 watts, 380 F.

The user manual will help you somewhat, and just messin' around with the menu will too.

CalyxSmokr

https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/ceramic-donut-coil-sai/
So, I ordered extra of these coils thinking they will replace the coils under the buckets when they go bad. It seemed like that is what people were talking about in this thread and on reddit - but am I getting it wrong?
In this thread it seemed like maybe they were even more durable than the stock version.
If not...are these things good with live resin?
And thanks Colonel - I will watch the heat till I get a sink and hopefully I get my unit dialed in fine.

CalyxSmokr,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/ceramic-donut-coil-sai/
So, I ordered extra of these coils thinking they will replace the coils under the buckets when they go bad. It seemed like that is what people were talking about in this thread and on reddit - but am I getting it wrong?
In this thread it seemed like maybe they were even more durable than the stock version.
If not...are these things good with live resin?
And thanks Colonel - I will watch the heat till I get a sink and hopefully I get my unit dialed in fine.

Well, I believe these ceramic coils do not have the threads for the buckets.

These are intended for the oil to be applied directly onto the donut.

They work fair, but, trust me, you'll want to stick with the bucket.

Having a bucket means no waste, no leaking, no short-lived coil, and no mess. Most of all, you can easily clean the buckets to near-new with a swipe, whereas with the donut coil alone, you cannot, resulting in reclaim-tasting hits, even with new oil added.

You may want to share these with a friend, or keep 'em for a rainy day. The bucket system is what makes the Sai TAF different than all the other oil-vaoe systems out there, and unique, innovative. THAT is why the Sai TAF is so popular, over the original Sai.

CalyxSmokr

So I think I am good to go...but what is the little disc with threaded nipple on one side? It looks like a tiny 10mm nail head. I can't figure out where it should go or where it could screw in.
So I just put it in the well and then press the button as long as I want?

And I guess you were all saying that the heater that comes with the ti bucket is better than the one that comes with the quartz bucket? Sounds like you just order the entire assembly if you burn out the coil? I had imagined you would keep the bucket and just replace the coil - but they are not sold that way?

And how do I lock resistance? I see that I should do it at room temp but don't see directions.
But the only setting I need is temp at 380 if I am using the SAI TAF profile? Just press and hold the button and hit once it reaches temp?

Last edited:
CalyxSmokr,

al bundy

Vaporist
Little disc screwed into the bottom of the mouthpiece when you use the bottom airflow
You use it with any Sai coil I believe
The little down tube is used when you use the Top Airflow vents and for the Ti bucket and quartz bucket

There’s instruction book on bottom of the Sai box

317hdef.jpg

Last edited:

710/420

Little disc screwed into the bottom of the mouthpiece when you use the bottom airflow
You use it with any Sai coil I believe
The little down tube is used when you use the Top Airflow vents and for the Ti bucket and quartz bucket

There’s instruction book on bottom of the Sai box

317hdef.jpg

In case no directions a breakdown
Notice C Down tube is already on
Remove that to use the
D Top Airflow stopper

10h2ae0.jpg

Thanks for the instructions, mine didn't come with any.

CalyxSmokr

As for doing the resistance thing not to sure someone will chime in
Don’t know what boxmod your using
But if it’s one of the ones in this link below then this will help

https://www.reddit.com/r/Waxpen/comments/98hlip/sai_seq_dtv3_and_triton_arctic_foxred_panda/
yeah, that is what I followed and I have SAI TAF selected on my Pico. Seems to be running but have not hit it yet. But saw melt when holding button.
Maybe I missed it in the doc...is there something about locking ohms?

So pulsing is for other people now.

I was trying to screw the little plate to the end of the downtube. almost there lol

btw: does anybody know a good stick type mod to use with this. I am sure the Pico will function fine but my north face pack has a padded sleeve that I can't give up. Haven't seen any pics with one - guess it would be top heavy

Last edited:
CalyxSmokr,

710/420

I've been getting more comfortable doing live resin with my sai taf but I am wondering should I be vaping until the bucket is dry?

Because until now I have been going until I get some dark stuff in the bucket and then wiping clean.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I've been getting more comfortable doing live resin with my sai taf but I am wondering should I be vaping until the bucket is dry?

Because until now I have been going until I get some dark stuff in the bucket and then wiping clean.

Vape until the taste is off, and there is pretty much no vapor coming off the unit.
Then wipe out with q-tip. This is really up to the user's tastes.

As far as the downtube goes, yeah, don't use the plate if you're using the buckets. I tried this only to get no airflow, as my box also did not some with instructions on the bottom. Didn't know what that disc was at first. Oh, and that's a fine piece of titanium there.

However, I only use my TAF with the buckets, no need for the others, imo.

Vape on, ppl !

LambsBreath

Has anyone tried using a SAI quartz bucket in the HVT SAI Molecule coil?

It fits right in there on top of the coil like it was made for it. :)
(please read my previous posts to better understand why I would want to do this)

I'm kind of excited of the prospect of this working. I tried with some rosin but it climbed up the sides and overflowed. Maybe I'm applying too much heat too fast. Had it rigged up temporarily on a NYX base but I'll need to get a new SAI/base to do some more testing.

Apparently the Molecule coil is very robust & sturdy (unlike the SAI ceramic heaters) you can press on those flat coils pretty hard without damaging. They pretty much beat hell out of it with a dab pick in their video! Looks like it would far outlast the ceramic plate/donut heaters. This setup would be somewhat similar the Motar coils I mentioned previously.

Can the Molecule coil run in wattage mode, or does it have to run in TC?

Deleted Member 1643

Don't have a Sai atomizer, but have been using the Molecule extensively.

Apparently the Molecule coil is very robust & sturdy (unlike the SAI ceramic heaters) you can press on those flat coils pretty hard without damaging.

That may be so, but it's also quite cheap, especially if you wrap your own. Wrapping the coil is the easy part - getting it to fire evenly is more difficult. You can buy spooled quad fused clapton wire from AVS, the same as what they use for the pre-wrapped, flattened coils that come with the Molecule. You can have a brand new coil every day.

Personally, prefer vertebraid wire (also available from AVS) for shatter. It's easy and fun to braid your own wire. You can also clapton your own wire easily enough, but it does require a drill set-up.

Absolutely! Typically run at 13W. The mod shuts off automatically just as the hit is finished. You vape everything you'd want to in one hit with good flavor.

al bundy

Vaporist
Also, with the Ti bucket, you get a better heater disc. Did you know they are interchangeable ? I recommend you put that quartz cup on the Ti donut heater, rather than the flat disc that comes with the quartz

You saying they’re different? Took out both skillet and quartz and the heaters look the same to me Now I’ll have to mark them and try it.

Also the ss Taf Sai weighs about 73 grams with no coil.
The ss base alone is 31 grams

Have a Titanium on the way.might give the ss to friend with Ti skillet.
Also Sai mole coil also on the way

Anyone ever use the EZ sai battery?
EZ Sai battery with the molecule ? Or would the sai mole coil work also?

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
You saying they’re different? Took out both skillet and quartz and the heaters look the same to me Now I’ll have to mark them and try it.

Also the ss Taf Sai weighs about 73 grams with no coil.
The ss base alone is 31 grams

Have a Titanium on the way.might give the ss to friend with Ti skillet.
Also Sai mole coil also on the way

Anyone ever use the EZ sai battery?
EZ Sai battery with the molecule ? Or would the sai mole coil work also?

...the heater disc, the donut, underneath the quartz cup, is a hole-less circular disc, whereas the heater disc of under the Ti bucket has a hole in the middle.

This is not the only difference.

The donut heater (with hole) is tried and true, the hole-less one is a different animal.

(unless your supplier includes a Ti heater with your quartz, this I'm not aware of, but is a possibility.)

CalyxSmokr

so it seems to be pretty much set it and forget it. And I guess you don't have to lock in ohms when you use the sai taf profile?

But what temp should I be bumping up to? I have it only at 380. What should I try to get a sense of the upper end?

CalyxSmokr,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Has anyone tried using a SAI quartz bucket in the HVT SAI Molecule coil?

It fits right in there on top of the coil like it was made for it. :)
(please read my previous posts to better understand why I would want to do this)

I'm kind of excited of the prospect of this working. I tried with some rosin but it climbed up the sides and overflowed. Maybe I'm applying too much heat too fast. Had it rigged up temporarily on a NYX base but I'll need to get a new SAI/base to do some more testing.

Apparently the Molecule coil is very robust & sturdy (unlike the SAI ceramic heaters) you can press on those flat coils pretty hard without damaging. They pretty much beat hell out of it with a dab pick in their video! Looks like it would far outlast the ceramic plate/donut heaters. This setup would be somewhat similar the Motar coils I mentioned previously.

Did the material climb up the sides on the quartz cup ?

This is what I mentioned before, this is a phenomenon with quartz. The oil will literally climb up and away from the heat source. This is yet another reason I prefer the Ti bucket.

Also, splash guard and metal tube get MUCH less oil on/in them using the Ti bucket.

DJ Colonel Corn,

mixchu69

Did the material climb up the sides on the quartz cup ?

This is what I mentioned before, this is a phenomenon with quartz. The oil will literally climb up and away from the heat source. This is yet another reason I prefer the Ti bucket.

Also, splash guard and metal tube get MUCH less oil on/in them using the Ti bucket.
Do you notice a taste difference between the ti and quartz buckets? Or are they pretty similar? Thanks

mixchu69,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
so it seems to be pretty much set it and forget it. And I guess you don't have to lock in ohms when you use the sai taf profile?

But what temp should I be bumping up to? I have it only at 380. What should I try to get a sense of the upper end?

Heating up the bucket faster/hotter won't deliver better hits.

Oil vapes at around 370 F on a tc mod ... 380-410 F is where most Sai users set it, it seems.

If you want quicker heatup, I guess you could raise the wattage, but again, there's no need for this. The beauty of the TCR mode is the even heating, with gradual buildup to the end, as you can see when one first hits it, the vapor is a little weaker.

I do not recommend you use wattage mode, or ramp up the watts much higher than 40 watts, to protect the heater coil.

Are you looking for a more 'solid hard hitting' hit ? Perhaps the saicule without the bucket is more up your alley. Delivers more vapor faster, it seems, with that 'oof i'm hitting vapor' feeling.

Personally , I like not feeling the vapor in my lungs or throat. So smooth. Many users don't realize how much vapor they can get by using a water tool, and a slow inhalation method.

Using the water tool, makes it even smoother, however, and you seem to be looking for a 'power hit'.

I get hits that can overwhelm me, make me cough like silly, if I want, with the bucket and water tool set at our infamous TCR settings. So I'm happy.

Let us know how it goes with using the mole as a heater !

DJ Colonel Corn,

CalyxSmokr

Heating up the bucket faster/hotter won't deliver better hits.

Oil vapes at around 370 F on a tc mod ... 380-410 F is where most Sai users set it, it seems.

If you want quicker heatup, I guess you could raise the wattage, but again, there's no need for this. The beauty of the TCR mode is the even heating, with gradual buildup to the end, as you can see when one first hits it, the vapor is a little weaker.

I do not recommend you use wattage mode, or ramp up the watts much higher than 40 watts, to protect the heater coil.

Are you looking for a more 'solid hard hitting' hit ? Perhaps the saicule without the bucket is more up your alley. Delivers more vapor faster, it seems, with that 'oof i'm hitting vapor' feeling.

Personally , I like not feeling the vapor in my lungs or throat. So smooth. Many users don't realize how much vapor they can get by using a water tool, and a slow inhalation method.

Using the water tool, makes it even smoother, however, and you seem to be looking for a 'power hit'.

I get hits that can overwhelm me, make me cough like silly, if I want, with the bucket and water tool set at our infamous TCR settings. So I'm happy.

Let us know how it goes with using the mole as a heater !
no, haha...not looking for faster heatup or hotter temp.
Just finishing off my first load of live resin and want to get a sense of when it is done and ready to clean. I am a sipper and not a ripper but wanted to take it up high enough to see what the upper end is like.
lol - no not power hit. honestly I don't like to cough at all.
water piece sounds appetizing but not yet. overall very impressed with it. It is more heat than I need if anything.

CalyxSmokr,

al bundy

Vaporist
@DJ Colonel Corn
I’ll check that out tomorrow
The quartz is as you said no hole on heater
I’ll check the Ti bucket tomorrow
Got them through HVT thx

@CalyxSmokr
I set my temp to 430-450
if you look in my post above the instructions say 400 -450

Top Bottom