• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Saionara Atomizer thread

JCat

Accessory Maker
Anyone here try the Sequoia TAF w/ quartz bucket setup yet? Looks interesting ... how much bigger of a bucket are we talking?

fatbiker

Not sure on the Voopoo Drag, some say TC is tough on that mod. 50W is way too high though, you might have burned out the coil. It says in the instructions for the quartz bucket to stick between 15-20w I think. Although I just use straight wattage mode at 26W myself. Is it still heating at all?

Also what the previous post says about top airflow, do you have the right cap on there?

I really appreciate your feedback. I switched out of TC mode and into Power. I’m currently at 20W and it is performing MUCH better and the flavor has increased significantly. I think it was scorching the concentrates.

Anyone here try the Sequoia TAF w/ quartz bucket setup yet? Looks interesting ... how much bigger of a bucket are we talking?

I am relatively new to the whole atomizer, mod, and concentrate game. Tonight I tuned my mod correctly and am having a much better experience with the quartz bucket and Top Air Flow Sequoia.

Super easy to clean and maintain. Smooth caper. Be sure to stay low for best flavor.

I would not recommend following HVT’s websitesuggestion to run in TC mode NI at 50W and 500F. It’s WAY too hot.

I've got a Lost Vape Therion DNA75C and was wondering if this is an appropriate mod for the Sai TAF and if anyone could guide me to tips regarding temp control with the titanium bucket. Thanks in advance!
Should work just fine!

Oops... I double posted. Hit the Dequoia a little too hard. Hopefully the moderated doesn’t notice.

Last edited:
fatbiker,
Reactions: kuzko

fatbiker

I am relatively new to the whole atomizer, mod, and concentrate game. Tonight I tuned my mod correctly and am having a much better experience with the quartz bucket and Top Air Flow Sequoia.

Super easy to clean and maintain. Smooth caper. Be sure to stay low for best flavor.

I would not recommend following HVT’s websitesuggestion to run in TC mode NI at 50W and 500F. It’s WAY too hot.

I've got a Lost Vape Therion DNA75C and was wondering if this is an appropriate mod for the Sai TAF and if anyone could guide me to tips regarding temp control with the titanium bucket. Thanks in advance!
Should work just fine!

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I have the VooPoo drag mod paired with the sequioa titanium bucket. 30 W, 450°, 56 ohms. Lovely flavorful clouds. I preheat for three seconds draw slow then ramp up.

LAWTHEONE,
Reactions: shredder

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
For now where do you all order batteries from? Piu only has the one afaik. And where do you find heat sinks, and do I need one? Thanks......

A highly recommended vendor is orbtronic.com . I recommend sony vtc6 for this application. It has 3100 mAh per cell, with a 20A discharge, plenty safe chemistry. They are authentic and only vent gas in the event of a short.

A heat sink, which I definitely recommend for the Pico, and most any mod with the Sai TAF, can be found here. Allow 7-14 days delivery time.

No matter if I draw hard or slow I cannot generate much vapor. When I take the top off all of the vapor is still in the bucket. I adjust the air flow at the bottom and no matter what it doesn’t seem to perform.

Your resistance (ohms) is most likely set too low. Try .68-.72 ohms resistance, locked.

In power mode what is your preferred wattage with the quartz bucket?

Please do not use power mode. You will shorten the life of the donut considerably.

The recommended settings are : TCR #315 , 40 watts, .68-.72 resistance, 400 F temp.

If your mod does not have TCR modes, then use ni-200 (ni, nickel) TC at 400 F, 40 watts, .68-.72 ohms.

Oh, and, the bottom airflow ports are not used when using the bucket coils. No air flows thru bottom of the bucket. This is why they made this version a top airflow.

Hope this helps !

Last edited:

fatbiker

If your mod does not have TCR modes, then use ni-200 (ni, nickel) TC at 400 F, 40 watts, .68-.72 ohms.

Hope this helps !

I don’t think I can adjust the resistance with my VooPoo Drag Mini. However, I switched to TC and reduced the wattage and temp like you suggested. So far the results are very enjoyable and effective. I’ll continue to tinker with it and see how it performs in TC mode.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I don’t think I can adjust the resistance with my VooPoo Drag Mini

You may not be able to 'set' it, but you can probably lock it.
Install the Sai when it's cool/cold at somewhat room temp (trying to get the house to room temp now, brr).
Then it will read the resistance, somewhere between .65-.72 .
Then you can probably engage a lock to set it where it is.
I'm not familiar with the drag mini, I've avoided Voopoo since they put an ad on a kids' youtube channel.
So look it up, and try to see where u can lock the resistance, some combo of buttons no doubt.

If your mod has no lock, well, what can we do. You should still see good results, as you do now.
Good luck in your Sai adventures !

DJ Colonel Corn,
Reactions: MonkeyTime

Elbuort19

A heat sink, which I definitely recommend for the Pico, and most any mod with the Sai TAF, can be found here. Allow 7-14 days delivery time.

Saw this a few weeks ago and was looking on Friday but couldn't remember where. Thanks!

For what its worth I was considering a Sequoia TAF but I saw 2 cases were Sai users switched back because they couldn't get it to preform as good as their Sai TAF. I think it was longer heat up times and less performance aka thinner vapor and bigger pools left behind. Don't know how much time was spent tinkering before they switched back but it was enough to make me decide on the Sai TAF as the safe bet. Pretty sure it was on reddit...Just remembered I think there was some talk about uneven heating of the bucket which was causing the pooling. Sorry Bro my brain is like swiss shit! lol

Last edited:

shredder

I got my sai taf yesterday and of course I've been playing with it.

Currently I'm using the quartz bucket with rosin. The istick pico is set at 26-27watts and 400-420F. Im still looking for a sweet spot. It takes a few seconds to heat to temp, but it's no biggy since you can visually see the temps ramp up on the screen.

The first hits were very flavorable and pleasant, but then like most vapes the taste fades well before the load is done. After a few sessions on one load the taste is pretty much gone, but it still gives me a good buzz on small hits.

My questions are, on my temps and wattage, are they ok? And how much should I be loading? And should I clean it after each load?

The manual says you don't have to clean it each load, but as a flavor chaser, I think I might have to so I'm not vaping a lot of reclaim. And a rice grain sized load seems too much based on my settings. My preference is for sipping at low temps rather than ripping at higher temps.

Any advice is welcome, it's hard to experiment a lot because it's so potent, lol.

shredder,
Reactions: JCat

fatbiker

I got my sai taf yesterday and of course I've been playing with it.

Currently I'm using the quartz bucket with rosin. The istick pico is set at 26-27watts and 400-420F. Im still looking for a sweet spot. It takes a few seconds to heat to temp, but it's no biggy since you can visually see the temps ramp up on the screen.

The first hits were very flavorable and pleasant, but then like most vapes the taste fades well before the load is done. After a few sessions on one load the taste is pretty much gone, but it still gives me a good buzz on small hits.

My questions are, on my temps and wattage, are they ok? And how much should I be loading? And should I clean it after each load?

The manual says you don't have to clean it each load, but as a flavor chaser, I think I might have to so I'm not vaping a lot of reclaim. And a rice grain sized load seems too much based on my settings. My preference is for sipping at low temps rather than ripping at higher temps.

Any advice is welcome, it's hard to experiment a lot because it's so potent, lol.

My sequoia with a quartz bucket is the same as far as taste degradation after just a few hits. I’m a flavor chaser and notice the taste isn’t too good after one session. I have a hard time putting tasty rosin in a bucket with nasty tasting reclaim.

I have my Sequoia on a VooPoo mini set in TC mode at 40W and 400F. So far it has been working well.

fatbiker,

shredder

My sequoia with a quartz bucket is the same as far as taste degradation after just a few hits. I’m a flavor chaser and notice the taste isn’t too good after one session. I have a hard time putting tasty rosin in a bucket with nasty tasting reclaim.

I have my Sequoia on a VooPoo mini set in TC mode at 40W and 400F. So far it has been working well.

You may want to play with it a bit to dial it in. That's pretty much what I'm doing now.

I'm only on my 4th or fifth load, and it does seem to be a little better. My first load was at too high of wattage in the ti bucket and I splattered rosin all over. I reloaded over that for a disappointing session on that reclaim.

Then I tried the quartz bucket. It started well but with me playing with the settings so much the taste quickly went south. I cleaned the quartz bucket and reloaded, this time maybe half a grain of rice size. I have it set at 420F and 26 w, and want to do a load without changing anything. Now it's hitting very nice after maybe 4 hits off this load. Trouble is its hard to keep hitting it and stay coherent, lol.

shredder,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
ATTENTION !

The donuts on the Ti buckets, which I recommended over the solid donuts of the quartz bucket coil, used to have a hole and a resistance reading of .68-.72 on my mod.

NOW the report is in from a supplier about the new Ti bucket coils. The new Ti bucket coils apparently have the SOLID DONUTS similar to the quartz bucket coil, and have a different resistance reading.

This is upsetting news, and I'm going to contact a different supplier higher up in the chain to see what's going on.

Stay tuned !

Oh, and :

My questions are, on my temps and wattage

The istick pico is set at 26-27watts

I'd recommend using 38-40 watts. You're using it in TC mode ? Ni-200 ?
For the best results, I'd put Arctic Fox firmware on that Pico, and use TCR #315, 400 F, 38 watts, locked @ a resistance reading on a room-temp Sai.

If you need more info on Arctic Fox, check here , and part of this here, if you have trouble with computers and adjusting stuff etc (preset profile for Sai TAF).

Try these suggestions for the best experience possible, IMHO. :) !!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
ATTENTION !

The donuts on the Ti buckets, which I recommended over the solid donuts of the quartz bucket coil, used to have a hole and a resistance reading of .68-.72 on my mod.

NOW the report is in from a supplier about the new Ti bucket coils. The new Ti bucket coils apparently have the SOLID DONUTS similar to the quartz bucket coil, and have a different resistance reading.

This is upsetting news, and I'm going to contact a different supplier higher up in the chain to see what's going on.

Stay tuned !

I believe they are also improving the dish heater, so we should have less to worry about.

stickstones,

shredder

[QUOTE="DJ Colonel Corn, post: 1355599,]
I'd recommend using 38-40 watts. You're using it in TC mode ? Ni-200 ?
For the best results, I'd put Arctic Fox firmware on that Pico, and use TCR #315, 400 F, 38 watts, locked @ a resistance reading on a room-temp Sai.

If you need more info on Arctic Fox, check here , and part of this here, if you have trouble with computers and adjusting stuff etc (preset profile for Sai TAF).

Try these suggestions for the best experience possible, IMHO. :) !![/QUOTE]

Yes I'm in tc ni mode. I'm using the donut coil and quartz bucket now because the flat bottom one has failed, and the mod doesn't recognize it anymore. I'm not sure how high of wattage I can go. Right now I'm at 30w, 420F and the hits are so so. Will that coil take 40w? I'm leary and it's my last coil.

I don't have easy access to a computer for a download. I live in a remote area and our Internet access is a phone hotspot and an ancient iPad. Our computer is pretty much useless for Internet activities.

shredder,

fatbiker

I am now experiencing a leak with my quartz bucket coil. Not sure how it is happening. I took the bucket out to clean it and notice a little and leaked. I took it out again to clean it and there was quite a bit of leakage.

fatbiker,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I am now experiencing a leak with my quartz bucket coil. Not sure how it is happening. I took the bucket out to clean it and notice a little and leaked. I took it out again to clean it and there was quite a bit of leakage.

Yes, I've covered this....
Quartz has a unique property. Oil will actually run up against gravity from heat.
I have forgotten the term used for this, but it's a known thing.
You will also experience more oil in your splash guard top cap than with the Ti bucket.
This is among a few reasons I have for preferring the Ti bucket over the quartz, even though, I am a quartz fiend otherwise. Almost all my other gear is quartz.
Nice idea, but, in practice, I had the same results. You may even find oil on the ceramic heater when removing the bucket, as did I. With the Ti bucket, not a mini-drop of oil on the heater donut.

Been there, my friend ! :)

DJ Colonel Corn,

fatbiker

Yes, I've covered this....
Quartz has a unique property. Oil will actually run up against gravity from heat.
I have forgotten the term used for this, but it's a known thing.
You will also experience more oil in your splash guard top cap than with the Ti bucket.
This is among a few reasons I have for preferring the Ti bucket over the quartz, even though, I am a quartz fiend otherwise. Almost all my other gear is quartz.
Nice idea, but, in practice, I had the same results. You may even find oil on the ceramic heater when removing the bucket, as did I. With the Ti bucket, not a mini-drop of oil on the heater donut.

Been there, my friend ! :)

Do you notice a major taste difference with the TI versus the Quartz? How long have these could been lasting you? Average lifespan.Also, how are the TI bucket to clean? Are the buckets themselves removable so just the bucket can be soaked?

Maybe I’ll order a TI and try that.

Last edited:
fatbiker,

shredder

I finally got my quartz bucket to provide decent hits. I set the 75w pico at 40w, 450F, and locked in at .68ohms. Not great big hits but decent.

Then I put on the ti bucket and some different rosin at the same settings. The first 2 hits were gigantic lung busters. I turned it down to 38w and 430 and finished it, with continued big hits. It was still on the hot side and on the last few hits I did taste ti, but then I'm sensitive to metal tastes.

I went from colombian gold rosin to super silver haze rosin. Not sure how much that made a difference, but thought I'd mention it. I also noticed the more runny rosin lasted longer. (gorilla glue)

Now I wonder if my quartz bucket was making good contact with the donut heater. (I started with the flat bottomed heater but it quickly burnt out, my last resistance readings were at .4) Or if they run the same, if you need rather large adjustments for each bucket. I suspect the og flat bottomed bucket heater coil was part of the problem.

It's also not quite what I envisioned. It's more a session type vape where you put in what you want to vape then, rather than walking around with it loaded. For one concentrate can simply pour out if inverted and if you just hit it once in a while the taste goes fast. But as a session vape it works much better.

For now the fine tuning goes on. And thanks to all those so helpful to us lost souls on this thread. It's a lot to take in as a noob. I read as much as I could while it shipped, but it was still confusing trying to make mod adjustments based on so much wildly different advice.

And here's a tip, wait until it heats up before hitting it. Coming from a yocan pen that i pulsed, I needed retraining, but if you wait until the dish heats you get mo betta vapor.

fatbiker

I finally got my quartz bucket to provide decent hits. I set the 75w pico at 40w, 450F, and locked in at .68ohms. Not great big hits but decent.

Then I put on the ti bucket and some different rosin at the same settings. The first 2 hits were gigantic lung busters. I turned it down to 38w and 430 and finished it, with continued big hits. It was still on the hot side and on the last few hits I did taste ti, but then I'm sensitive to metal tastes.

I went from colombian gold rosin to super silver haze rosin. Not sure how much that made a difference, but thought I'd mention it. I also noticed the more runny rosin lasted longer. (gorilla glue)

Now I wonder if my quartz bucket was making good contact with the donut heater. (I started with the flat bottomed heater but it quickly burnt out, my last resistance readings were at .4) Or if they run the same, if you need rather large adjustments for each bucket. I suspect the og flat bottomed bucket heater coil was part of the problem.

It's also not quite what I envisioned. It's more a session type vape where you put in what you want to vape then, rather than walking around with it loaded. For one concentrate can simply pour out if inverted and if you just hit it once in a while the taste goes fast. But as a session vape it works much better.

For now the fine tuning goes on. And thanks to all those so helpful to us lost souls on this thread. It's a lot to take in as a noob. I read as much as I could while it shipped, but it was still confusing trying to make mod adjustments based on so much wildly different advice.

And here's a tip, wait until it heats up before hitting it. Coming from a yocan pen that i pulsed, I needed retraining, but if you wait until the dish heats you get mo betta vapor.

Keep us posted on your experiences with the quartz and Ti buckets. I only have the quartz but I’m considering buying the TI bucket.

shredder

Keep us posted on your experiences with the quartz and Ti buckets. I only have the quartz but I’m considering buying the TI bucket.

Well, one thing ive learned is that when using a donut heater with either bucket, it's helpful to keep the vape level to let the oil make better contact, when you take hits, with the heated coil that's imbedded in the donut. I noticed in you tube videos the people did that, i tried it and it does work better.

That and if your using tc, to let it heat up before hitting. Its an indirect heat that heats the concentrate, the wire heats the ceramic, that heats the quartz, and then the oil gets hot, so it takes a while.

Those two things helped me.

Later today I'll probably switch back to the quartz bucket. I'm thinking it does taste better, but it may need more heat too. And it's messier. The ti is much easier to keep clean in my limited experience. I've been taking the quartz bucket out and cleaning it every 2-3 loads. It gets an oil film on the outside. Just like mentioned earlier. The ti bucket keeps the oil in the bucket better, and cleans well with a q tip and water. Now that I got the ti dish hitting better ill see if I can get better results with the quartz bucket.

Anyone using a sic bucket? Back a few posts someone mentioned a source sic bucket would fit the sai. But I haven't heard or read about anyone who tried it.

Last edited:

OyVape

Is there a difference between the Sai products by Shenzhen Crossing (sold at puffitup) and the Sai products from Humboldt Vape Tech—other than the etched logo?

OyVape,

shredder

After a week of using the saionara taf pretty much exclusively every day with both buckets I have found some differences. The ti bucket is easier to work with, needs less heat and is easier to clean. Towards the end i get a little ti taste, but again im sensitive to that, most coil users would taste much less i think. I like 40w and 420F for the quartz and 40w, 450F for the ti bucket.

The quartz has a better over all taste. But even then it's only the first couple hits. And after using 2-3 times my rosin climbed the sides of the quartz and coated it on the outside and into the heater.

My other tools for rosin are a yocan evolve with a ceramic donut and a dnail sic halo. The halo is far and above the pen in taste for my low temp, high flavor vaping. The pen does ok, if you use small dabs and clean often. I'd say if the halo was a ten the evolve would be a 5. But both taste better IMHO than either sainonara buckets.

Don't get me wrong, the buckets work. I got very high using both. They seem to be efficient, but I found the taste just wasn't there. I have tried a wide variety of metal coils with friends gear and i never liked any of them either. I always get a metal taste. The quartz did not have a metal taste, but it wasnt great either. Especially not great was the need to frequently clean it. So last night I decided to just try the donut. I mean wtf?

It took me a short time, but I settled on 15w and 390 on tc. I loaded it four times with out cleaning the clean donut coil with bb sized dabs. I waited until the screen showed over 300F before I started hitting it, (7-8 seconds?) and since my mod has a ten second shut off, I let off the fire button then hit it quickly again, then take a nice draw.

To my great surprise I got big flavorful hits. Head and shoulders better than either bucket. And the taste lasted throughout the session, not just a couple hits. I'm still on the fourth load this morning and the taste is degrading a bit, but still pretty good, so I'll clean it before loading again. Again if my halo is a ten, id give the ceramic donuts a solid 8, maybe 9 for taste. (i havnt cleaned it yet, but i dont expect any trouble there) Ptretty good in my book for a portable. And I'll be looking to order a five pack of donuts.

shredder,
Reactions: fatbiker

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
.Also, how are the TI bucket to clean? Are the buckets themselves removable so just the bucket can be soaked?

The Ti buckets are SO easy to clean.
Simply heat up to temp, and wipe out with q-tip.
Then your next hit will be oh-so-flavorful !
I don't notice any Ti taste at all.
Yes, the bucket is removable for soaking, but no need !
Load 2-3 dabs per bucket, when done, heat and wipe clean with q-tip. It's clean !!

In other news, my Ti coil has changed its resistance, up by .10 ohms. Figure this may be a sign of a dying coil, not sure. Will keep y'all posted. So far this Ti bucket has lasted almost 3 months of HEAVY usage.

Breathing a SAI of relief !!! :) :)

JCat

Accessory Maker
See my experience with the Quartz Bucket is amazing ... small dab in there and you get 3 great super flavourful hits (close to my 710 coils setup for flavour ... and not harsh ... very smooth); also super easy to clean up with a q-tip followed by boiling a few drops of distilled water in there and mopping up. That's my procedure for every "dab" though ... load it, take the few large hits, then clean thoroughly and repeat.

This is the least wasteful and most flavourful "on-the-go" setup I've found for rosin ...

Top Bottom