Saionara Atomizer thread

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I'm pretty tempted by the Sai and Molecule but still have the feeling that there already is much room for improvements. They are getting better and better but all seem to have still some lacks. Maybe one year until there'll come a pen/wax atomizer that is all-in-all working fine?

To tell you the truth the Sai is great where it's at & peeps that can't work it
like an E-Nail generally are in the Duh, I just pulse wattage mode and it works fine!
https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/titanium-sai-titanium-taf-cap-titanium-bucket/

Great sales like this make it a no brainer, lol.
If you get the QC insert & use the heater for the Ti insert, you have a spare 100mm
donut for heater or smooth hits straight off. all for under like $44

Now the Mole on sale is going to evolve , but for $25 BF sale Whaaaaaa lol.

see my receipt, as I got a second one with bubbler Poseidon 2
this coil is awesome & the only coil I vape off.
Easy to maintain and again peeps having trouble should just use a Sai
with the adapter 22 mm its good for out & indoors again price is outrageous
The Mole may get a bigger brother, but I believe all work will go towards
add ons , so it's great and I'm on original coil on Mole 14 grams yummm
Sai same QC & Ti inserts for months every day abuse use

You get the Mole + PosidonV2 to use with Sai & great new Mole.
35% off still.
I use both back & forth interchangeable & 2 of the easiest to get a great tasting hit off of, lol.
That's what the Pico is good for, takes a lot less juice than Sai.
PS That's my cart
https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/products/molecule-rebuildable-dab-atomizer
https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/products/poseidon-v2-bubbler-by-hvt?variant=13567106121763

November 23, 2018 09:58AM

Product SKU Price Quantity Total
Poseidon V2 Bubbler by HVT - Add SS adapter $ 44.95 1 $ 44.95
15mm Molecule RDA (Oil / Concentrate) - Stainless Steel $ 39.99 1 $ 39.99
Subtotal $ 55.22
BlackFriday Discount $ -29.72
Shipping (Free First Class Shipping (3-5 days)) $ 0.00
Total $ 55.22 USD

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@tennisguru, thanks a lot for your advice but my war chest for the BFS already is more than emptied :ugh:

There are not only the costs for the items themselves but in addition those of international shipment, fees, taxes and hassle with German customs which makes it less attractive for me. But I will come back to you or better your valued opinion for sure before the next 420 or BF sale to ask you for the perfect setup up to then. :wave:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
@tennisguru, thanks a lot for your advice but my war chest for the BFS already is more than emptied :ugh:

There are not only the costs for the items themselves but in addition those of international shipment, fees, taxes and hassle with German customs which makes it less attractive for me. But I will come back to you or better your valued opinion for sure before the next 420 or BF sale to ask you for the perfect setup up to then. :wave:

What a shame, all that hassle for us to commerce between countries.
I understand, as some of my Canadian buds go thru same crap & they are
like 30 miles from US, we get free ship & they pay more than the product cost.
Anytime you need some feedback just holler!
I've already learned a ton from your posts, ty.

tennisguru1,
Reactions: Hogni

Hogni

Yep, it's a shame.
Thanks for your compliments, I hope they are deserved.
I'll holler, my friend, I will! :tup:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm pretty tempted by the Sai and Molecule but still have the feeling that there already is much room for improvements. They are getting better and better but all seem to have still some lacks. Maybe one year until there'll come a pen/wax atomizer that is all-in-all working fine?

If you want a Molecule for quartz insert hits I would wait for the kinks to be ironed out. Especially with AFC and other add-on's coming out.

invertedisdead,

Hogni

I want a reliable device with high-end performance, tasty and easy to clean inserts and no contact between the trates and the coil/heating element. Not any compromise. I'm not eager enough for that.
First I'm waiting for the big bag full of goodies coming from Santa Shane :D
and for my new bigger rosin press set up in a few months I hope. It's currently nearly impossible to get concentrates here in Berlin. So I've to make my own.

But am thinking the same, there'll come some worthy improvements for sure the next months.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I want a reliable device with high-end performance, tasty and easy to clean inserts and no contact between the trates and the coil/heating element. Not any compromise. I'm not eager enough for that.
First I'm waiting for the big bag full of goodies coming from Santa Shane :D
and for my new bigger rosin press set up in a few months I hope. It's currently nearly impossible to get concentrates here in Berlin. So I've to make my own.

But am thinking the same, there'll come some worthy improvements for sure the next months.

It's going to be challenging finding a pen that can compare to that 710coils opaque quartz setup!

surfer

So my TAF SI turn up today, I'm now in couch lock mode.. :rockon:
I've sat the Si on my smallest mod (istick 40w TC) its so cool an smooth.
It came with the Ti and quarts buckets, only tried the Ti so far.

I've read this thread twice and thought it would be harder to setup, maybe its because the mod is a simple TC unit with no real adjustments?
I'll be back after a few more test tokes :peace:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
It even could be a bit less as good ;)

Sai with Mole inside, works great.

bSkeCrI.jpg

Hits hard also lol

tennisguru1,

biohacker

..basically my experience with portable concentrate devices... it's truly hard to beat/match a banger/nail experience from a mod imo/ime...

Both dudes I sold them too love them so it must just be me! :lol: I guess my expectations just differ, but yeah nothing has even remotely come close to my opaque quartz banger.

EDIT:

It's going to be challenging finding a pen that can compare to that 710coils opaque quartz setup!

Will never happen! :lol:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Both dudes I sold them too love them so it must just be me! :lol: I guess my expectations just differ, but yeah nothing has even remotely come close to my opaque quartz banger.

EDIT:

QjzUa0q.jpg

Props to alfredneumann an hour ago This is side view to show Sai straw depth
  • It's just another 510 connection inside the SAI!!! Only mod I made was to slightly unscrew the molecule pin till it made contact. Kept screwing it in till it fired.. it works!! https://imgur.com/TfKu77Z

• Just the quartz cup/coil screwed right into the sai base as if it were the mod...Edit..the whole gold mole base is in there with the cup. I just took my molecule as is, removed it from my mod, loosened the pin on the molecule, unscrewed the top, then screwed the molecule into the sai base.

tennisguru1,

SixStringToker

Naked member
Sai with Mole inside, works great.

You're my new favorite person of the day! :D

This works really well. It's probably been at least a month since I've used the Sai, but I feel like this is a step up from the triple ti quartz coil, which has always been my favorite. I'll have to do some direct comparisons this weekend.

Here's my TAF Sai with the Molecule inside, hooked up to some glass via a whip:

31157032527_ee1fea7de1_o.jpg

The silicone tubing fits nice 'n snugly inside the SAI's glass mouthpiece, so I just leave that permanently on the end and use my metal mouthpiece when not using the whip (but I mostly use it with the whip, even without the glass); the little bit of cooling inside that length of tubing helps a lot.

Edit: It's weird to see "Molecule" on the screen when a Sai is attached. We need a new name for this. :D

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
You're my new favorite person of the day! :D

This works really well. It's probably been at least a month since I've used the Sai, but I feel like this is a step up from the triple ti quartz coil, which has always been my favorite. I'll have to do some direct comparisons this weekend.

Here's my TAF Sai with the Molecule inside, hooked up to some glass via a whip:

31157032527_ee1fea7de1_o.jpg

The silicone tubing fits nice 'n snugly inside the SAI's glass mouthpiece, so I just leave that permanently on the end and use my metal mouthpiece when not using the whip (but I mostly use it with the whip, even without the glass); the little bit of cooling inside that length of tubing helps a lot.

Edit: It's weird to see "Molecule" on the screen when a Sai is attached. We need a new name for this. :D

Really cool setup!! :>)

tennisguru1,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Waiting for the quartz buckets to be back in stock to place my order for the Sai TAF. Can anyone weigh in on the advisability of getting the Poseidon v2 as well? Can it be used with the quartz bucket?

Yes it can, I use it on the Sai & the Mole.
This is a good deal, don't know for how long.
Nice & light and has Ti bucket with it.
https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/titanium-sai-titanium-taf-cap-titanium-bucket/

EDIT:

I tried to help dial you in,sorry I failed to get you the Great Daily experience
I and many others are having, but so much misinformation out there, sad.
I have been reading that you have found your unique fun in other vape methods.
Congrats on finding your holy grail, whatever it maybe & DO SHARE Plz. lol :>)

This shit goes on & on sad this minutes ago

six1nine[S] [score hidden] 16 minutes ago

I run temp NI can't remember if it's TCR or TFR but whichever uses resistance to determine temp. I was keeping the temp below 450.

• dalteseanMultiple Devices [score hidden] 11 minutes ago

450°F in TC-Ni is actually closer to 1100°F and it's very very probable that you went over 1200°F which is the temp that the nickel used to attach the legs to the donut flows. You ran it way to hot and destroyed the coil.
    • six1nine[S] [score hidden] 8 minutes ago

That's what I thought. Should I be rocking TCR 315 to avoid busting future coils? (I think this is what you have recommended other users iirc).

tennisguru1,
Reactions: biohacker

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
So my TAF SI turn up today, I'm now in couch lock mode.. :rockon:
I've sat the Si on my smallest mod (istick 40w TC) its so cool an smooth.
It came with the Ti and quarts buckets, only tried the Ti so far.

I've read this thread twice and thought it would be harder to setup, maybe its because the mod is a simple TC unit with no real adjustments?
I'll be back after a few more test tokes :peace:

Did you try the QC heater with the Ti Cup?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoKE1ubhmdo/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

tennisguru1,

surfer

@tennisguru1 Not yet, I was wondering if it would be better than the donut?,
Tested the QC last nite, I think it as a bit more tasty than the Ti but need some fresh rosin to make a more informed comparison.

I,ve been using (very clean) Moroccan pollen made rosin, its like being back in the 70's
taste wise :myday:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Yes, for the QC & Ti cups use the Taf open 1/2 hole, bottom closed.
For all other 18 coils top closed bottom open to suit 1-4 open.

tennisguru1,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
It even could be a bit less as good ;)
Depends GREATLY on starting material, if you keep it at a low simmer and sip on it then its entirely possible. There will be reclaim that will build up but there is also the inside edge that doesn't heat up as fast collects a ring of wax that doesn't vaporize, the key is to keep loading on top of that small loads, try to keep it between the point where the wax forms a solid puddle when cool and level but while firing you can see bare metal in the center. If you load more than this vapor production decreases, less and also decreases but also starts to boil dry. (Think pan on a simmer) I have NEVER had anything I could not get off the bottom of the bucket with a couple drops of water and a qtip. (Again think about your frying pan when you have burnt on grossness from dinner 3 nights ago, the fastest and easiest method to remove it is by deglazing the pan AKA rapidly boiling water in the dirty pan.) If you keep the temp down low enough you can continuously top it off with a large rice size load thru 5-6 loadings then I tend to puff it dry and maybe turn the temp up a little bit to like 420° towards the very end. SAI TAF Guide >

Arctic Fox is entirely optional, it makes the Mod much easier to configure and the UI is easier to use. Cool options like Live Device monitor on the computer too that are greatly beneficial in understanding what the mod is trying to do. Then if your technical you can play with the editor and change literally any char, image or string in the firmware. (For example the sub download has the annoying "Protection" edited to "Enjoy", that doesn't spark a panic in the heart of every person you hand it to, to try.) The settings you listed should give you great performance but if you want in the sidebar there is a link to a download of the everything you need with detailed instructions that should get you up and running in about 2-35 min depending on your internet connection, OS, reading speed and comprehension skills.

There are also other options to like Tubo myeVic, which is also in the same download but no configuration GUI meant more towards Dry Herb vapes and works wonderful with the Divine tribe Dry Herb vape. Its based on the stock and feels like it, with dry herb features added on top.

mephisto

Damn, for all the poo-flinging I have done at the Sai, Troy makes me want to buy and try another Sai.
Plus, in true Troy fashion, there is always a hilarious moment (for me at least) when Troy takes a monster hit and proceeds to cough for 45 sec. This last vid does not fail to please, knocking over the Sai and sending a giant glob to its untimely demise some where not on the coil. Thanks @ohmygodimsohigh (I think that is you Troy) for the laughs....
Off to grab a new Sai, I think the Sequoia that I did not like was just too big.....

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Damn, for all the poo-flinging I have done at the Sai, Troy makes me want to buy and try another Sai.
Plus, in true Troy fashion, there is always a hilarious moment (for me at least) when Troy takes a monster hit and proceeds to cough for 45 sec. This last vid does not fail to please, knocking over the Sai and sending a giant glob to its untimely demise some where not on the coil. Thanks @ohmygodimsohigh (I think that is you Troy) for the laughs....
Off to grab a new Sai, I think the Sequoia that I did not like was just too big.....

I hit my bud's sequoia & you're right, totally different feel.
I can take a red og or taf sai in 10 minutes get it hitting like giant clouds or my preference low temp simmering sweet tasting 15 -25 sec pulls on Real TC.
Spent an hour an could not find a sweet spot & used 4X the shatter the SAI TAF.

tennisguru1,
Reactions: mephisto

CalyxSmokr

hi, guise...I am new to the sai system and am a little confused over all the options.
Is this enough to get me started?
I have a 40W eleaf and am curious if that is enough power or do I need something stronger and with temp control?
I use a yocan evolve ceramic but like the idea of the Ti bucket to just wipe out and keep using.
Is that a good bundle for me or should I look at something else?

Top Bottom